What music do you listen to?

1 hour ago, lotus.angel said:

Just to confirm that I win the oldest crone on this website crown, lol, this was my preteen  music - shortly after which I ran away from home to live with drag queens.  No... really.  True Gen X'er

There are a few of us Gen X'ers who could pass for baby boomers, though I will admit there were very few women PC gamers, much fewer than women playing RPGs like AD+D.

34 minutes ago, lotus.angel said:

I am a woman...Sold on the "white baby" black market  by the sperm donor that took part in my creation.   Life got worse from there.  I am a survivor not a victim.   I admit that on the outside everyone one thought I had the perfect everything.  Very few have ever really known me.  Its easier to talk on a roum few will take the time to read.   If I accomplish ONE fucking thing in my life....it will be that my children will feel even 1 percent of what this artist feels for his mom, Judith Marie.  Everything will be worth if if I can gift my children 1percent of this passion.    They have all of me.  They are the only things in this world I thing I will ever really truly love.  As much as I love every artistic endeavor of Maynard...this songs are hard to hear.  I know that I appear to contradict myself everyone who really has the emotional, mental, and spiritual ability to HEAR and listen would benefit from his work.  As an aside , if anyone here is aware of Fibonacci sequencing, you may find something that feels intangibly familiar in these songs.....esp 10,000 days.   

Three songs he wrote:

Judith:  

https://www.bing.com/search?q=judith&qs=n&form=QBRE&sp=-1&pq=judith&sc=9-6&sk=&cvid=860FC932E7AF454E8EDB8F982A1702E5&shtp=GetUrl&shid=07bf85e0-f64e-4fed-9209-69749b9b8a1e&shtk=QSBQZXJmZWN0IENpcmNsZSAtIEp1ZGl0aCAoT2ZmaWNpYWwgTXVzaWMgVmlkZW8p&shdk=UkVNQVNURVJFRCBJTiBIRCEgTXVzaWMgdmlkZW8gYnkgQSBQZXJmZWN0IENpcmNsZSBwZXJmb3JtaW5nIEp1ZGl0aCAoVW5lZGl0ZWQgVmlkZW8pLiAjQVBlcmZlY3RDaXJjbGUgI0p1ZGl0aCAjUmVtYXN0ZXJlZA%3D%3D&shhk=NcLHCVUhQwWs8V%2Bgj7mIVtZQ1ulRSXok5SRyOCH%2B6XY%3D&shth=OVP.ami9sxdNnnehn78_DQ1SgQHgFo

Wings for Marie - in two parts 

IF your still paying attention links to lyrics here :  Tool – 10,000 Days (Wings Pt 2) Lyrics | Genius Lyrics

I deleted the embedded videos as a courtesy of those who may not have fast network speeds.     Of the active people on LL (ones who post), most are likely to read your entire post, and I am sorry for the circumstances of your early life and I heartened to see that you have come through it stronger.  Passion is a hard thing to pass on, but knowledge is the most important thing (imoh) to pass on, knowledge of your devotion to your children.   Also, it is easy to pass that knowledge on since it will define most every interaction you have with them.   

As for Fibonacci sequencing (or Fibonacci number), I was not aware of its application to music as it is most known to me for developing estimates on how powerful you can make an algorithm given technical specs of processor speed and storage, though mostly we just keep adding more fast Fourier transforms until the speed is far too slow, then we know we have gone too far (working harder, not smarter).   I was not aware of its application to music, though it does seem logical, though i regret my ears are not as discerning as that.

Working on my FO4 mod and trying to get a singer to do a FO4 version of this song.    I know it is the 70s, but  wow, this is one sexy performance.

Here are my lyrics if anyone is interested.

I can wash out 44 power suits and have 'em hangin out on the line

I can snipe & layout 2 dozens raiders 'fore you can count from 1 to 9

I can scoop up a great big dipper full of Nuka Cola from the can

Throw it in the mixer, go out & do my shopping, be back before it melts the pan

'Cause I'm a woman! W-O-M-A-N, I'll say it again

I can rub & scrub this old gun til it's shinin like a dime

Feed the needy, grease the car, & powder my face at the same time

Get all dressed up, go out and rave til 4 a.m. and then

Lay down at 5, jump up at 6, and start all over again

If you come to me radiated you know I'm gonna make you well

If you come to me all hexed up you know I'm gonna break the spell

If you come to me hungry you know I'm gonna fill you with squirrel bits

If it's lovin you're likin, I'll kiss you and give you the shiverin' fits

I can stretch a pre war dollar out from to kingdom come

I can play the numbers, pay my bills and still end up with some

I got a twenty two cap gold piece says there ain't nothing I can't do

I can make a dress out of ballistic weave and I can make a man out of you

'Cause I'm a woman! W-O-M-A-N, and that's all

5 hours ago, steelpanther24 said:

I deleted the embedded videos as a courtesy of those who may not have fast network speeds.     Of the active people on LL (ones who post), most are likely to read your entire post, and I am sorry for the circumstances of your early life and I heartened to see that you have come through it stronger.  Passion is a hard thing to pass on, but knowledge is the most important thing (imoh) to pass on, knowledge of your devotion to your children.   Also, it is easy to pass that knowledge on since it will define most every interaction you have with them.   

As for Fibonacci sequencing (or Fibonacci number), I was not aware of its application to music as it is most known to me for developing estimates on how powerful you can make an algorithm given technical specs of processor speed and storage, though mostly we just keep adding more fast Fourier transforms until the speed is far too slow, then we know we have gone too far (working harder, not smarter).   I was not aware of its application to music, though it does seem logical, though i regret my ears are not as discerning as that.

Sorry for the link issue.  The sequence is nature based, and is also found on the most famous paintings in the world, like the Mona Lisa.  Architecture, philosphy back to Plate, Space and time.  It gives to what I call "thinky pain" when you start try to wrap your head around it.  If you know Fralk Lloyd Wright - and architect know for making human constucts a part of instead of conflicting with nature it starts to make sense.....

On 10/30/2021 at 4:27 PM, steelpanther24 said:

Of course that leads to

Hide contents

which leads to

Weird Al....man he is still around?  I remember when he was doing satirical renditions of MJ's Thriller.  lol  He is painful sometimes, but never misses the mark.  Wow, thanks for the memories and the laugh!

The Wall, the movie and the album....The two cannot be separated, IMO....is one of my top 10.  Kids have it on repeat on their playlists....there are more ways than public school to educate your kids....

A new album from Tool and APC in such a short period of time.  This song.....just wow....Not hating on younger generations, plenty in my generation are still freakin deaf.

Other favorites...short list

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue

Missa Solemnis - LVB

Precious Things - Tori Amos

Phillip Glass

Radiohead - Fake Platstic Trees, one of their more popular, but still it never gets old.

Lisa Gerrard - she does soundtracks like Gladiator, but listened to her and followed her live shows when she was in Dead Can Dance.....I don't want to spam the board with a ton of links.....