Mass Effect Andromeda

Darkening Demise

The launch of the civilian Andromeda Initiative happens in 2185, acc. to the lore that is after the destruction of the Collector base at the edge of the super massive black hole in the center of the Milky Way galaxy in ME:2 and before ME:3 and the ultimate Reaper invasion from the intergalactic Dark Space (launched on all sides of the planar galactic axis, i.e. they are orbiting the Milky Way at some distance like the rings of Saturn). That means, events faced and choices made in ME:3 are unknown to the voyagers of the initiative who are in cryo stasis for the next 600 years before they reach the Andromeda galaxy at the end of the 28th century (Earth time).

Only the year of launch, possible sponsors of the initiative and the past of certain figures on board the five Arks connect ME:Andromeda to the ME trilogy. To understand that shouldn't be a big deal.

What strikes me most is that the Andromeda Initiative inevitably has to pass through Reaper 'territory' in Dark Space first to reach the Andromeda galaxy, the largest galaxy of the Local Group to which our Milky Way galaxy belongs to. Andromeda is just 2.5 million LY away from Earth which gives you an impression of the fantastic trans warp speed of such an Ark. As Mr Spock would have said, "Unquestionably. Most impressive." Thumbs up, Pathfinder ;)

And no, I don't rely on the prefab opinion of an anonymous (politicized) crowd, instead I prefer to get a line on things myself. Maybe I come to the same conclusion as was the case with ME:3's original ending, maybe not. In any case I know what I'm talking about, and that is, at least, something. I'm a grown-up after all. All the power to the bored pre-release shitstorm tourists that travel from one unreleased game to the next for that is their destiny and purpose in life. Selah.

The game will have undertones of SJW liberal morality; that's a given since it's how EA operates now.  And looking at the Tweets from some of the devs there will likely be political commentary too.  Modern pop culture references in a computer game...I guess EA didn't pay attention to what happened to Marvel.

I intend to play Andromeda BUT I'm not buying until long after it's released.  Depending on player reaction, I might not buy it at all.

The game will have undertones of SJW liberal morality; that's a given since it's how EA operates now.  And looking at the Tweets from some of the devs there will likely be political commentary too.  Modern pop culture references in a computer game...I guess EA didn't pay attention to what happened to Marvel.

I intend to play Andromeda BUT I'm not buying until long after it's released.  Depending on player reaction, I might not buy it at all.

Do you mean that guy calledManveer Heir worked on the ME Andromeda for 4,5 years and he was very very racist towards white people, I wouldn't be surprised if white people will be described as terrible people and main villains. He absolutely hates white people.

Similar thing happened with Mirrors Edge Catalyst *oh does anyone even remembers this game*

I have nothing against varied races but if its forced into my game, its just . . .

Is that EA, or Bioware?

Doesn't matter anymore to me, after the shitshows of DA2, ME3, and DA:I, Bioware games aren't even on my buy list

The pandering DA2 is what concerns me about EA/Bioware and what they have planned for Andromeda.  I'm not narrow-minded when it comes to sexual preference and what people are into.  I AM narrow-minded when it comes to comics I read or games I play.  I engage in those activities the get away from the real world, not have politics or social agendas parodied in something that I want to enjoy.  I haven't bought a Marvel comic in over two years and I quit DA2 half way through the game because of the SJW messaging.  Publishers and developers need to keep that shit of games and comics.  Marvel learned a hard lesson and now they are abandoning the SJW stilt, but it's too late for a lot of readers.  If EA/Bioware does in Andromeda what they did in DA2 then I hope the game tanks, I hope reviewers and players tear it to pieces on social media.

Do you mean that guy calledManveer Heir worked on the ME Andromeda for 4,5 years and he was very very racist towards white people, I wouldn't be surprised if white people will be described as terrible people and main villains. He absolutely hates white people.

Similar thing happened with Mirrors Edge Catalyst *oh does anyone even remembers this game*

I have nothing against varied races but if its forced into my game, its just . . .

As much of a racist asshole as he is Manveer is a level designer and has absolutely no influence on the story/dialogue.

As much of a racist asshole as he is Manveer is a level designer and has absolutely no influence on the story/dialogue.

Who says you need to influence by writing.

Well from the trailers and gameplay trailers I have seen plenty of areas that are set in the desert/flatland/rocklands which kinda mimics african natural environment :^)

Whether its good or bad, it is going to sell like hot cakes, and afterwards there will be a violent shit-storm again... (sigh)

Why does EA gets away with crappy similar games?

Because we allow them to...  :-/

We may be in denial but still interested or influenced by the charm of the original game...

So I am going to buy the game in Amazon or something, play for three days to finish it, uninstall it and then ask for a refund ...  :P

LOL...

All characters in Frozen Byte look like shit tbh. I still have nightmares from the little girl in Medal of Honor. Yes its CGI but I believe its made with the same engine so.. And 90% of the characters in Dragon Age Origins look terrible. In ME: A there's nothing like Liara, Jack or Miranda, not even close. DeeBee is kinda acceptable and that's it, imo.

Problems goes beyond simple graphics...

Somehow the Bioware has became corrupted and twisted self of its old self...

Now the employees openly bring out hate messages against "Straight//White//Male" or they bring their ban hammers...

Damn! I used to like these people...a long time ago.

It seems I get to vote with my purse...a tough but important decision, I did not considered at least against Bioware... :(

BioWare broke my heart with ME3.

I've been a BioWare slut for a very long time. Baldur's Gate, NWN, KoTOR, Jade Empire, Mass Effect and then DA:O.

I loved Mass Effect 2...it was dumbed down pretty hard but the cinematic scope of it was fantastic, the pacing, the storytelling, the characters....it was really well done regardless of what you might think about the games change in direction.

DA 2 was where I started to wonder, but I even defended that thinking that while it wasn't a great game, maybe it was just a technical interlude that was showing what DA could be if they only focused back on the story and world content.....and largely DA:I is kind of that mash up of storytelling and gameplay but the damage is too deep, the IP is broken because of DA 2 and some of the game politics going on at BioWare in the post GamerGate world and how it seeped into the design of DA:I.

ME3 though was what broke me though. Its what finally broke the illusion of BioWare being the god tier of modern role playing design. They spent 3 games building up one of the best sci-fi stories ever told in an interactive method....only to park it on a cliff at the end of ME3 and watch it fall off as two assholes that had nothing to do with the original story IP came up with the way to conclude a story that many people had invested six years of their lives in. A hackneyed, lazy excuse for a conclusion which tied up none of the loose ends of the story and simply ended the primary arc leaving so many questions dangling. It was worse than grade school fan fiction...in fact grade school fiction writers could have probably ended it better.

I spent a lot of time on the BSN hotly debating the writing merits of Mac Walters and the catastrophe of authorial abuse that someone elses original idea's went under simply to cash in on a huge paycheck....not to mention my distinct distaste for the online multiplayer modes that were just simple frameworks to sell loot boxes via.

A lot of people blame EA for whats happened to BioWare. I blame BioWare for letting it happen to them. Even the founders of the studio cashed out and moved on...every great writer responsible for the best the studio has ever produced has left....all they have left is a bunch of SJW liberal arts students and marketing majors...all of them desperately pushing two disgusting agendas that destroy creativity and fun.....political correctness and sales/money being the sole gauge of quality. 

I don't intend to buy this at release, I may point and laugh at it a long time from now when its 20 dollars on a sale,...but EAWare has done their research pretty well, Natalie Dormer voicing a major Asari character is kind of automatic nerd virgin sales I guess. But I don't need to buy this to experience it....I'll just watch some guy or girl play it on Youtube. Saves me the time and disappointment. $70.00 isn't big money to me...but the principle here is to not support creative laziness and petty agendas. I can entertain myself quite adequately without having to bankroll the salaries of people I creatively and philosophically find repugnant.

Besides....I discovered Source Filmmaker and thats a lot of fun for free, you just have to know where to look.

I've... I've never seen an ugly Asari before. Huh.

I didn't know the Asari could BE ugly.

Guess ME: Andromeda has managed to surprise me after all.

-warning: the following sentences may contain sarcasm-

Asari manipulates other species' senses so they can attract mates to procreate.  Why would this one look beautiful to you if she has no interest in fucking a misogynistic pig?  It's all about the writers being true to the lore, man. 

As a straight man I am abhorred that an Asari will not make herself pretty in MY game.  Oh, wait, the EULA says it's not my game. 

-end sarcasm-

Well, PeeBee lacks the typical Asari skin scales and shows human eye brows instead of just tattooed ones which are utmost rare facial markings among Asari anyway.

What that means should be clear, huh? It's either a fundamental paradigm shift in the lore of the ME species or she is an Asari hybrid of a human mother, once stationed (as geneticist?) on Hyetiana in the Silan Nebula.

Moreover, her facial war paint resembles that of most Guaraní and Xingu tribes in the Amazon region. Mom didn't look much different when she was young. Terrifying, huh? So if that's not just a ridiculous shift in the lore, PeeBee's mother was a scientist (for Cerberus?) of Brazilian descent 'that has gone rogue', the description of PeeBee as well.

Eyebrows, smooth skin and war paint are, then, from her human mother; body, skin color and head are Asari; her beauty is recessive Salarian to some minor extent, an unwelcome phenotypic side effect in the 'melding' of the 2nd DNA set with alien DNA (the 1st set remains Asari, unchanged) an Asari mother would easily suppress instinctively, not perhaps genetically.

In any case the dialogues between PeeBee and Cora Harper (the Illusive Man's daughter?) would be interesting. If these dialogues reveal nothing, well, then the lore has gone rogue.

Moreover, Pelessaria B'Sayle got nicknamed PeeBee by humans, no doubt; and the reversal of the meaningless Anglo-American surname Sayle leads to Elyas; b'Eliyah means 'In the name of Elyas' in Hebrew.

We know that the makers of ME have a strange affinity for these ancient Messianic allusions, not by chance the Geth called the Sovereign 'Nazara', 'branch', a military title that probably inspired the heretic Geth to squeak Hosanna on high, indeed.

Finally, different from all other Asari, PeeBee believes in a cosmic creator, a 'someone', not just a cosmic consciousness as is taught by the Asari for ages. That, however, sounds perfectly like a human childhood to me and... Asari heresy. And that's that.

All characters in Frozen Byte look like shit tbh. I still have nightmares from the little girl in Medal of Honor. Yes its CGI but I believe its made with the same engine so.. And 90% of the characters in Dragon Age Origins look terrible. In ME: A there's nothing like Liara, Jack or Miranda, not even close. DeeBee is kinda acceptable and that's it, imo.

Me personally have the faces in DAO liked a lot.

that lies perhaps because of it, that I am European and not asiate.

I like also not Asian anime faces, I get the big shaking when I see these faces in Skyrim.  :P

I personally like the Dragon Age series ten times more than The Elder Scroll. ;)

Bethesda to let his community in the rain.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Asari manipulates other species' senses so they can attract mates to procreate. 

Exactly.As a female only race, they need to look attractive in order to reproduce.

Its fun to make fun of them now, but I hope there is at least an explanation about that.

To me the face just look strangely mocapped, like they copy pasted the actor face inside the model.

Or the facerig was bone badly in some scenes...

Peebee_4.jpg

Shes not that bad in this image.. yet looks horrid on others.. hard to know thats going on.

Comparing to this other asari:

1800.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f

Exactly.As a female only race, they need to look attractive in order to reproduce.

Its fun to make fun of them now, but I hope there is at least an explanation about that.

To me the face just look strangely mocapped, like they copy pasted the actor face inside the model.

Shes not that bad in this image.. yet looks horrid on others.. hard to know thats going on.

1800.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f

If you refer to comparisons, In each subsequent game of a series, are changing the faces, they are a little older and in more detail.

Geralt is my comparison.  ;)

The Witcher 1

The-Witcher1.jpg

The Witcher 2

600x338.jpg

The Witcher 3

the-witcher-3-wild-hunt-rollenspiel-von-

Well, PeeBee lacks the typical Asari skin scales and shows human eye brows instead of just tattooed ones which are utmost rare facial markings among Asari anyway. What that means should be clear, huh? It's either a fundamental paradigm shift in the lore of the ME species or she is an Asari hybrid of a human mother, once stationed (as geneticist?) on Hyetiana in the Silan Nebula. Moreover, her facial war paint resembles that of most Guaraní and Xingu tribes in the Amazon region. Mom didn't look much different when she was young. Terrifying, huh? So if that's not just a ridiculous shift in the lore, PeeBee's mother was a scientist (for Cerberus?) of Brazilian descent 'that has gone rogue', the description of PeeBee as well. Eyebrows, smooth skin and war paint are, then, from her human mother; body, skin color and head are Asari; her beauty is recessive Salarian to some minor extent, an unwelcome phenotypic side effect in the 'melding' of the 2nd DNA set with alien DNA (the 1st set remains Asari, unchanged) an Asari mother would easily suppress instinctively, not perhaps genetically. In any case the dialogues between PeeBee and Cora Harper (the Illusive Man's daughter?) would be interesting. If these dialogues reveal nothing, well, then the lore has gone rogue. Finally, Pelessaria B'Sayle got nicknamed PeeBee by humans only, no doubt; and the reversal of the meaningless Anglo-American surname Sayle leads to Elyas; b'Eliyah means 'In the name of Elyas' in Hebrew. We know that the makers of ME have a strange affinity for these ancient Messianic allusions, not by chance the Geth called the Sovereign 'Nazara', 'branch', a military title that probably inspired the heretic Geth to squeak Hosanna on high, indeed. And that's that.

Try using paragraphs bioware shill skill.

If you refer to comparisons, In each subsequent game of a series, are changing the faces, they are a little older and in more detail.

Geralt is my comparison.  ;)

The Witcher 1

The Witcher 2

The Witcher 3

Agreed, but  the other asari is in the same game..

Another asari found (and the mc):

mea.jpg

I can see a declining trend in gaming and it is getting worse.

I think you're just seeing the studios we all loved growing old and hidebound and formulaic. It always happens.

New ones will come along to replace them.  You'll see :)

and I would add that new game devs would get many ideas from titles Bioware and other "old" studios have released. Lets be honest though. It has to be tough to be an established game dev. Keeping up with more powerful pcs and consoles, trying to come up with fresh ideas, figuring out how to make it all work with a new game engine aannnndddd keeping their whiny, bitchy fans happy. I do not envy them their job.

Bioware has been in decline. No one is denying this. But that is not to say that they can't still make a good game. Where they and others fall short is giving a fuck about peoples opinions to much. That BS about asking everyone to tell them what they wanted in DAI should have shown them that is not the way to make a great game. Beth is just as guilty. FO4 has to be the blandest shit they have released to date. Many mod authors wont touch it for lack of interest.

New developers have no fan base to worry about thus freeing them to make whatever the fuck they want. Still, the magical "pool of ideas" for games is drying out a little. ;)

Edit; After looking at some of the vids and doing a little reading it looks like some ppl saying this game will suck and Bioware is "done"- may be eating their words.

Archived