Mass Effect Andromeda

Darkening Demise

Andromeda apparently will happen at the same time as mass effect 2.   

We are fighting the reapers again.  IN #  4  ME

Apparently the ea whores have  no imagination other than REAPER THREAT !!!!!!!!!!!

Andromeda starts at the end of ME2 and the expedition to the Andromeda galaxy takes 600 years. These folks have thus no idea of the massive reaper attack in ME3 some 600 years in a past they have no memory of. And no, there won't be any reapers in the new sequel to the trilogy.

Andromeda apparently will happen at the same time as mass effect 2.   

We are fighting the reapers again.  IN #  4  ME

Apparently the ea whores have  no imagination other than REAPER THREAT !!!!!!!!!!!

Andromeda starts at the end of ME2 and the expedition to the Andromeda galaxy takes 600 years. These folks have thus no idea of the massive reaper attack in ME3 some 600 years in a past they have no memory of. And no, there won't be any reapers in the new sequel to the trilogy.

Thats not what they said. They said secretly you would be getting hundreds of messages about the reaper invasion all through the game, without the public knowing, and were back about reapers again. :/

If   EA   isn't screwing you over 10 major ways and 15 minor ways, its not an EA game. 

EA - Mass Effect Andromeda  is going to be like    Taking    Starbound ( Explore + Vaults & etc )  and making it 3d then toss in some mass effect 2&3 lore crap and Shazam, They'll do what  Bethesda did with Fallout 4. Its going to be a big joke. Mass effect 1 was the best, 2 was barely playable, 3 was moneygrab.

Why does Mass Effect: Andromeda´s female characters look so ugly? – Bioware SJW design 101

I thought the female Shepard in ME 1,2,3 were also ugly as fuck.

Yeah they were, but not as fugly as this, you were still able to make a somewhat decent looking female, its obvious it was done on purpose.

They are so far up their arse with that whole SJW garbage there is no coming back.

Best are the people who defend this by saying that not every woman looks like a model in real life, then you look at the male faces who look good, attractive, even resemble their real life models and the hypocrisy unveils.

Why does Mass Effect: Andromeda´s female characters look so ugly? – Bioware SJW design 101

Yeah they were, but not as fugly as this, you were still able to make a somewhat decent looking female, its obvious it was done on purpose.

They are so far up their arse with that whole SJW garbage there is no coming back.

Best are the people who defend this by saying that not every woman looks like a model in real life, then you look at the male faces who look good, attractive, even resemble their real life models and the hypocrisy unveils.

That's the funny thing... they pick good looking models and make them ugly on purpose...

Or maybe they're just really bad at modelling faces :D

That's the funny thing... they pick good looking models and make them ugly on purpose...

Or maybe they're just really bad at modelling faces :D

Well they never been good at it, thats true, same with animations, but i have hard time to believe that somehow their artists cant make appealing female faces when the male ones are fine  :dodgy:

Just google it out, you will see the difference, its not that they are only ugly some have downright weird deformations, almost like they were beating them with a stick :lol:

I for one don't really care about how the characters look.

I just hope the story and the characters are well written and that this is good SciFi. And not just another boring corridor shooter with lots of forgettable characters and quests...

Yeah, I know, I should probably forget about Bioware entirely and wait for Cyberpunk 2077 instead. Will still read a couple of reviews as soon as this is out, there might still be a very slim chance that Bioware isn't creatively dead yet.

And about all the "SJW" talk:

That's a term I only encounter in a few obscure internet communities. And it reeks of slander and lack of respect towards other humans (because intentionally reducing them to one single admittedly pretty annoying agenda), in short what psychologists describe as fundamental attribution error.

I also don't like to talk about imaginary people that I made up in my mind. It's rather pointless really.

Things like the tweets of that lead designer not only make him look like a complete douche (no reason not to buy his game though, assholes often create great things), it also looks like arguing with imaginary people or caricatures of the opposition is a very common and popular pastime on Shitter ... I mean Twitter.

That's why I steer clear of all things social media. It creates fake worlds full of fake news and fake people.

Disclaimer: I'm very sceptical towards psychology as a science in general so I don't fully buy this theory, but I know a shitton of people who seem a bit schizophrenic when it comes to driving a car. They consistently make the same mistakes that make them angry when others do them (like changing to the fast lane because they are afraid to get cut in on, the same people throw a fit when they are the ones who have to brake because of someone like that), and confronted with that they always find an excuse. So I'm pretty sure that it's not completely wrong.

I for one don't really care about how the characters look.

I just hope the story and the characters are well written and that this is good SciFi. And not just another boring corridor shooter with lots of forgettable characters and quests...

Yeah, I know, I should probably forget about Bioware entirely and wait for Cyberpunk 2077 instead. Will still read a couple of reviews as soon as this is out, there might still be a very slim chance that Bioware isn't creatively dead yet.

And about all the "SJW" talk:

That's a term I only encounter in a few obscure internet communities. And it reeks of slander and lack of respect towards other humans (because intentionally reducing them to one single admittedly pretty annoying agenda), in short what psychologists describe as fundamental attribution error.

I also don't like to talk about imaginary people that I made up in my mind. It's rather pointless really.

Things like the tweets of that lead designer not only make him look like a complete douche (no reason not to buy his game though, assholes often create great things), it also looks like arguing with imaginary people or caricatures of the opposition is a very common and popular pastime on Shitter ... I mean Twitter.

That's why I steer clear of all things social media. It creates fake worlds full of fake news and fake people.

Disclaimer: I'm very sceptical towards psychology as a science in general so I don't fully buy this theory, but I know a shitton of people who seem a bit schizophrenic when it comes to driving a car. They consistently make the same mistakes that make them angry when others do them (like changing to the fast lane because they are afraid to get cut in on, the same people throw a fit when they are the ones who have to brake because of someone like that), and confronted with that they always find an excuse. So I'm pretty sure that it's not completely wrong.

I have respect for all the races, sexual orientations, colors, whatever...i simply dont respect people who use them as an excuse to push their views upon others.

Bioware talks about how they want diverse people in their games, but they are there just for the sake of being there.

Most of the sjw/feminist groups arent even people who believe in these ideologies, they are there because its the trend, the politically correct thing do/say.

I simply dont want this garbage in games, filled with double standards and hate groups who push their agendas on you.

Yes we can say that this is just a game and getting worked up over a bunch of faces is ridiculous and i agree with that, but you cant simply ignore the fact that games are now being dragged into the political sphere.

I dont want to end up with games where everyone is shouting at me, that i should be ashamed of myself because im a white hetero male >_>

Its really simple, if all the male characters can look good, same should go for the females...thats equalty dont you think?

I dont want to end up with games where everyone is shouting at me, that i should be ashamed of myself because im a white hetero male >_>

Its really simple, if all the male characters can look good, same should go for the females...thats equalty dont you think?

I too want hawt females, that's without a question. And yeah, all the bullshit about "fat shaming" and "you're beautiful the way you are" empowerment crap annoy me. Some people are just fat and should work out, end of story. And sometimes evolution can be a bitch, cursing someone who might be a beautiful person deep inside with an asymmetrical face, crooked teeth, warts in the face and a hook for a nose so they look like a witch. Tough luck, nature isn't fair, it always was and always will be cruel to its subjects. And superficial beauty standards are nothing to rail against, it's a part of human nature that only the Don Quijotes of this world would deny.

Better lower you standards and look for someone as ugly as you. Or get so good at something desirable  (telling entertaining stories, dancing, playing an instrument, sex, whatever) that people will be bewitched by that and see the "inner beauty".

But I'm not sensitive enough to care about any agenda pushed upon me as long as I'm still allowed to have fun. And I'm certainly not ashamed to be a straight white male, lol. :lol:

I usually just don't give a crap about what anyone not close to me thinks. Feminists discussing endlessly about rape culture and all the other gender studies nonsense don't annoy me, I find them rather amusing really with all the cargo cult science crap they come up with.

But even if the female models are not as pretty as their real world counterparts I don't really care as long as they are interesting characters. I'm a sucker for science fiction as much as I am for hot babes. So Cora Harper could be fine. She's not pretty but as long as I don't have to make out with her that's okay. She still looks a little dull though. If they don't make them pretty they at least could make them quirky. Every goddamn movie gets that right so why not Bioware, a company nowadays specialized in making movies disguised as games?

I too want hawt females, that's without a question. And yeah, all the bullshit about "fat shaming" and "you're beautiful the way you are" empowerment crap annoy me. Some people are just fat and should work out, end of story. And sometimes evolution can be a bitch, cursing someone who might be a beautiful person deep inside with an asymmetrical face, crooked teeth, warts in the face and a hook for a nose so they look like a witch. Tough luck, nature isn't fair, it always was and always will be cruel to its subjects. And superficial beauty standards are nothing to rail against, it's a part of human nature that only the Don Quijotes of this world would deny.

Better lower you standards and look for someone as ugly as you. Or get so good at something desirable  (telling entertaining stories, dancing, playing an instrument, sex, whatever) that people will be bewitched by that and see the "inner beauty".

But I'm not sensitive enough to care about any agenda pushed upon me as long as I'm still allowed to have fun. And I'm certainly not ashamed to be a straight white male, lol. :lol:

I usually just don't give a crap about what anyone not close to me thinks. Feminists discussing endlessly about rape culture and all the other gender studies nonsense don't annoy me, I find them rather amusing really with all the cargo cult science crap they come up with.

But even if the female models are not as pretty as their real world counterparts I don't really care as long as they are interesting characters. I'm a sucker for science fiction as much as I am for hot babes. So Cora Harper could be fine. She's not pretty but as long as I don't have to make out with her that's okay. She still looks a little dull though. If they don't make them pretty they at least could make them quirky. Every goddamn movie gets that right so why not Bioware, a company nowadays specialized in making movies disguised as games?

:lol:

Yeah i know it looks like im getting too worked up over this, wich isnt true but i was just pointing out the double standard in how much effort they put into male faces.

I dont have problems with having ugly characters in games, as long as they are interesting and the writting is good like you said, but if MEA goes by anything like DAI did, then i wery much doubt thats gonna be the case...wich is why i said that they use these diverse characters just for the sake of being diverse.

Biowares games are also about romancing and part of that are appealing characters, so on one side you have hawt males and on the other unappealing females...because apparently you cant be sexist againts males...again double standard.

I love a good scifi too, the first ME was great in that regard, before they turned it into a complete action game...now watching the latest MEA vid, its now a fast paced action game, because there isnt enough of them.

Don't get me wrong. I'm hard-core can of Mass effect universe... But... I would like to share my thoughts.

1. If Cora Harper is ugly, there are always modders, who will turn her into oversexualized woman with huge tits. Don't worry. And probably... Mass effect is famous for its character personalities and story, not models.

So...

Andromeda looks very nice. Yeah... But is it better than Trilogy? Nope!

And developers intended it to be this way. With all DOCs bought, ME trilogy is one of the best games in history.

Andromeda Andorra is another game. Expansion upon existing universe.

Because... What the he'll you want else? Entire universe is swarmed with reapers. So different story in the same time? Good luck.

Or do you want Shepard to be msgicly alive... Or cloned? Yeah... good idea, if you want to kill whole ME universe. GOD DAMMIT! Let Shepard rest in peace. He deserves it.

EA and Bioware developers are trying to create new story. Expand upon universe of Mass effect. But... only with stuff you know - races, history, organisations and stuff. But also distancing from ME trilogy. Such as decision to take away renegade and paragon options. Or whole universe.

But is it really so different?

1. You are Pathfinder *kuck* Commander *kuck*

2. You manage super squad.

3. You have Krogan and Asari sidekicks.

4. You can bang hang your team members.

5. You have several choices to respond. Starting from complete hero, to absolute douchebag.

6. EDI is back... But she has penis and they call her S.A.M

7. You have super important mission.

8. You're going to be freaking harass in the end.

9. You have to but crapton of DLCs. (Shut up and take all my money, I say)

Don't be hyped so much, tho. Mass effect isn't definitely open world exploration game, since you have to do main storyline. Nothing else is just side quest and messing with planets.

Gameplay is looking awesome so farm. C'mon, admit it.

Expect DLCs. Because why the FUCK not, right? But... You need them.

As for story... give it a shot. You have twin, who plays important role in the game. Plus... living parent, who didn't die tragically.

Cora Harper is rumoured to be Illusive mans daughter.

Whole Andromeda initiative is probably infiltrated with Cerberus. Have fun with it.

I'm personally very glad to see, how is game shaping to be.

I am more bothered by the hipsters in space vibe from the voice acting of the released footage than the fugly design of female characters, although both are reasons I likely won't get the game until it shows up on Humble Bundle.   

As for SJW, EA didn't help the matter by making the difference so obvious between FemRyder and MaleRyder.  As a straight male, FemRyder is homely looking to me at best yet MaleRyder is clearly a central casting hipster male model.  They are supposed to be twins.  The other male companion also is more closer to "society standard" of pretty boy than the two females shown so far.  One is Asari racoon (the smart as whip mousey girl look) and the other is a biker chick, the cliche "tough take no shit woman" and not the hot kind.  Just by the designs I can tell where they are going with the characters.  In ME trilogy, despite the late entry of homely FemShep, all the characters have a consistent design, call it generic if you will but at least they held the cards to the vest (except Jack).  Even DA:I wasn't that obvious, everyone in that game is just kinda fugly.  Sure females got most of the good parts in DA:I but that wasn't the reason the game isn't very good.  ME:A is the first AAA game I can think of where clearly by design the male characters got the pretty treatment and the females are intentionally kept to be "real". 

Biowares games are also about romancing and part of that are appealing characters, so on one side you have hawt males and on the other unappealing females...because apparently you cant be sexist againts males...again double standard.

You guys are so hilariously removed from reality. Stop watching twats on youtube who are trying to make money off artificially created outrage. Relax, buy and play games you like.

Anyway, ME:A is gonna suck. What I saw of the dialogues was just embarrassing - like something out of bad fan fiction - and the combat looks just like DA:I combat: boring and tedious. I am certain plenty of people will like it though. Clear case of "not target audience" for me.

So Bioware/EA, Mass Effect, Dragon  Age gets the same treatment ZeniMax/Bethesda Elder Scrolls, Fallout did. guess it really doesn't matter what developer it is or what game it is Before they are even out of Trailer stage their junk and should never see the light of day. And they complain about SJW's? I fail to see any difference.

It's about reaper indoctrination, again. As a collaborator, the indoctrinated aims at control of a situation they don't even grasp, and in doing so they inevitably need a bogeyman to put all the blame for their complaints on. There's no difference between 'unskilled developers, bad companies and arrogant modders' on a small gaming scale and the interchangeable 'evil foreign leader' that threatens our mythical values on a global scale. At the end of the day we're all lined-up for the harvesting, of our properties and all-too often our lives as well. This is the mystery of the reaper cycle. We as morons should break that cycle, don't you think, Shepard?

Am I the only one that thinks the female protagonist looks cute? As long as her face isn't distorted by horrible facial animations, of course. It's a joke that Bioware gets away with shit like that, that's something even indie-developers know they have to get right, or at least circumvent the problem by using a much simpler art style.

Am I the only one that thinks the female protagonist looks cute? As long as her face isn't distorted by horrible facial animations, of course. It's a joke that Bioware gets away with shit like that, that's something even indie-developers know they have to get right, or at least circumvent the problem by using a much simpler art style.

mass-effect-andromeda-jayde-rossi.jpg

You can see she looks nothing like her real model, the nose is even wierdly deformed, then you check the male models and they look all fine, resemble their models.

But hey im out of touch with reality and indoctrinated having no grasp of the situation :dodgy:

PS: i actually like the face but you can clearly see the deformation, looks completely wierd.

You can see she looks nothing like her real model, the nose is even wierdly deformed, then you check the male models and they look all fine, resemble their models.

But hey im out of touch with reality and indoctrinated having no grasp of the situation :dodgy:

PS: i actually like the face but you can clearly see the deformation, looks completely wierd.

It is already a sign of indoctrination to demand 'perfection' from a vanilla preset that would not require customization anymore and, as a consequence, makes the sliders obsolete. This one shows a few classical rookie mistakes made on the sliders that inevitably make her look different from the original or strange, consciously as a preset (as in Fallout 4) or later in game we don't know yet. And that 'not yet knowing' makes out a striking difference to the indoctrinated who know everything already without knowing anything, actually. Whatever, the primary mistakes (face not small enough, eyebrows set too high, lips and eyes too big - the latter automatically leads to a Basedow's disease in BioWare - as well as the mismatching eye color) are correctable, if you must.

mass-effect-andromeda-jayde-rossi.jpg

So it's either intentionally SJW or incompetence, not sure which I dislike more. 

Just wait a week or two, and you will have mod changing textures or entire models.

No worries.

It could be a while.  It took a long time before DA:I textures can be replaced and even using that kind of basic mod risk game breaking CTD with DLC.  This is EA's ME:A on Frostbite locked down by Denuvo, not Mass Effect on Unreal Engine made by the real Bioware.

It is already a sign of indoctrination to demand 'perfection' from a vanilla preset that would not require customization anymore for being perfect already and, as a consequence, makes the sliders obsolete. This one shows a few classical rookie mistakes made on the sliders that inevitably make her look different from the original or strange, consciously as a preset (as in Fallout 4) or later in game we don't know yet. And that 'not yet knowing' makes out a striking difference to the indoctrinated who know everything already without knowing anything, actually. Whatever, the primary mistakes (face not small enough, eyebrows set too high, lips and eyes too big - the latter automatically leads to a Basedow's disease in BioWare - as well as the mismatching eye color) are correctable, if you must.

Right, the perfection card.

So it's either intentionally SJW or incompetence, not sure which I dislike more.

I doubt its incompetence, as the males look good.

Its not just femryder, so far all of the females have some wierd facial animations and deformations.

Well, making things perfect on the sliders acc. to the own liking is what character customization is all about. Those w/o designer skills usually wait for the upload of 2nd hand prefabs or face codes, as BioWare has it, just to reach the same effect.

Now to the Ryder twins. What I see thus far are round, juvenile 'rookie' faces that ain't outformed yet. So, Mr Ryder jr won't keep me warm in the middle of the night, simply because he's some ten years behind me, a youngling with peach fuzz. Inexperienced soft meat, no thanks. His sister looks even younger but is equipped with the body of a 25-year old. This might be the root cause of the complaints in the forefront of the game release - the default protagonists would easily serve the needs of a largely young, post-pubertal player community, the 16-, thus probably fail to meet the criteria of grown-ups. I'm pretty sure that some of us would prefer to drive an Alec Ryder lookalike or get him as companion for the galactic job.

What all this might have to do with an SJW agenda is beyond me though. Maybe it's all Mr Putin's aka Harbinger's fault, huh? Of course, IRL everybody has the right to look as ugly as given, they hardly could change their looks fundamentally anyway just to please a temporary beauty ideal, so what.

Archived