ok update i had an idea. i went to the old save where it was working and saved the mcm in the set up tab. then went to the new save where it wasn't working and saying pop failed. and loaded it after typing DEFAULT in to the file name or whatever, as that's what it was called in the save where it worked and what i saved it too. and it partially worked settings were filled in. colors were applied but it still said failed (just in sky blue this time instead of white) so i looked through and most stuff was good but it said failed on 4 things. xpoanimations xpoprisoner xpojailvars and xpoDialogueCrime all said quest failed in red. so what does that mean? cuz that seems to be the problem

Edited by jaxson12345

When I'm being whipped the character dies. I have tried disabling the only related mods but it still continues. Does anyone know what can it be. The only mods I believe could be affecting are these.
Pamatronic's Deadly Furnitures
Mortal Enemies SE
Wildcat - Combat of Skyrim

25 minutes ago, minosaminamo said:

When I'm being whipped the character dies. I have tried disabling the only related mods but it still continues. Does anyone know what can it be. The only mods I believe could be affecting are these.
Pamatronic's Deadly Furnitures
Mortal Enemies SE
Wildcat - Combat of Skyrim

If you have mods that modify 1h attack dps or powerattack dps it will also effect whipping.

If a mod also adds dots, like bleeding, you are in trouble.

If you use SL defeat you also want to modify settings to prevent a defeat scene.

IIRC Wildcat also has a bleedout scene/idle that might break quest scenes.

In POP MCM you can modify at what % HP the whipping should stop, and IIRC you also can set the duration of the whipping.

I recommend at least 50% HP and go down from there. Start with a much higher % if you're a low lvl char.

IIRC you need to set the % HP before you get to POP jail, because I'm not sure how reliable MCM changes work as soon as it started it's quests.

Changing MCM settings for POP might also need a reload to work.

You can also rise it's update/poll timer, IIRC it's around 7 seconds, lower it so POP does more updates.

If nothing helps you might need to try godmode? ?

Edited by donttouchmethere
3 hours ago, donttouchmethere said:

If you have mods that modify 1h attack dps or powerattack dps it will also effect whipping.

If a mod also adds dots, like bleeding, you are in trouble.

If you use SL defeat you also want to modify settings to prevent a defeat scene.

IIRC Wildcat also has a bleedout scene/idle that might break quest scenes.

In POP MCM you can modify at what % HP the whipping should stop, and IIRC you also can set the duration of the whipping.

I recommend at least 50% HP and go down from there. Start with a much higher % if you're a low lvl char.

IIRC you need to set the % HP before you get to POP jail, because I'm not sure how reliable MCM changes work as soon as it started it's quests.

Changing MCM settings for POP might also need a reload to work.

You can also rise it's update/poll timer, IIRC it's around 7 seconds, lower it so POP does more updates.

If nothing helps you might need to try godmode? ?

During public whipping punishment, I think you should run away and if you stand still he was killing me. I solved it by editing in xEdit and lowering the damage and critical to 1 of Xcane. So far in the tests I've done it seems to work.

Hi. My POP for SE is not working. I have reinstalled it and it's still not working. Any idea how to get my quest working? Why is it showing quest failed on MCM for animation and dialoguecrime? Also, for the rest is it supposed to be stopped? I tried stealing and all it does is for NPC to attack me. Tried to force arrest and it didn't work too. Pls help... image.png.3ab17cdc7f1609b12aea229ef7d928f9.png

1 hour ago, chimchaos said:

Hi. My POP for SE is not working. I have reinstalled it and it's still not working. Any idea how to get my quest working? Why is it showing quest failed on MCM for animation and dialoguecrime? Also, for the rest is it supposed to be stopped? I tried stealing and all it does is for NPC to attack me. Tried to force arrest and it didn't work too. Pls help... image.png.3ab17cdc7f1609b12aea229ef7d928f9.png

Update: I manually force rest and managed to get the quest ok but still the guard weren't able to take me to the cell. After the initial dialogue of surrendering, I'm frozen there and the guard just walks off. I've alr manually force reset multiple times. Is there anything else I could do?

5 hours ago, chimchaos said:

Is there anything else I could do?

You might have a mod conflict. You can use a process of elimination to identify the conflicting mod.

Assuming that you are using a mod manager like MO2, you can create a new profile with just POP and its requirements, and then start a new game and see if you still have this problem. If the minimal load order works okay, then you re-enable your other mods a few at a time, until you see the problem occur again.

1 hour ago, Herowynne said:

You might have a mod conflict. You can use a process of elimination to identify the conflicting mod.

Assuming that you are using a mod manager like MO2, you can create a new profile with just POP and its requirements, and then start a new game and see if you still have this problem. If the minimal load order works okay, then you re-enable your other mods a few at a time, until you see the problem occur again.

I see. I use vortex. Will try out your suggestion. Thank you!

I got the problem that the guards are freezing often any fix or hopes for that in the future?

I have zaz 8.0 and Fuz Ro D-oh on the actual version and for the right version of the game!

Edited by ?????
On 5/30/2023 at 3:41 PM, jaxson12345 said:

ok update i had an idea. i went to the old save where it was working and saved the mcm in the set up tab. then went to the new save where it wasn't working and saying pop failed. and loaded it after typing DEFAULT in to the file name or whatever, as that's what it was called in the save where it worked and what i saved it too. and it partially worked settings were filled in. colors were applied but it still said failed (just in sky blue this time instead of white) so i looked through and most stuff was good but it said failed on 4 things. xpoanimations xpoprisoner xpojailvars and xpoDialogueCrime all said quest failed in red. so what does that mean? cuz that seems to be the problem

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e473tzcsw220nfogw99n5

It's a bug, it will be fixed in the next version. :classic_blush: 

Meantime, just do a manual reset and save. 

Edited by Inte
On 6/4/2023 at 8:42 AM, ????? said:

I got the problem that the guards are freezing often any fix or hopes for that in the future?

I have zaz 8.0 and Fuz Ro D-oh on the actual version and for the right version of the game!

When are they freezing? LE/SE? If you open and close the MCM, do they resume? If not, I need a log. 

7 hours ago, Inte said:

When are they freezing? LE/SE? If you open and close the MCM, do they resume? If not, I need a log. 

Skyrim SE, in Whiterun Jorrvaskr Basement. No open and closing MCM didnt helped.

Sometimes they stop even before they open the cell sometimes first after they teleported to me where I lay on the ground...

EDIT: After watching my log, I decided to reinstall FNIS but I have the guess I have to start a complete new save there are so many errors and warnings or can I ignor the most of them and is there any chance to rescue my main start safe? (In the cell of alternative start)

Papyrus.0.log

Edited by ?????

You've probably been asked this before but have you ever considered doing an add-on for this that punishes NPC criminals (Random thieves, bandits, etc) if the player is not currently imprisoned in the city they're visiting?

I love the idea of this mod but I don't personally like my character being imprisoned very often.

Does anyone know of a mod that does public punishments of NPCs?

Honestly, I've even been tempted to try making this myself but my scripting abilities don't go much beyond copy and paste. 

none of the sex punishments are working it just skips them and its ruining it for me. im on skyim version 1.6.640. i'm not sure what is wrong please help. if you need any more info just ask. it says mods are running ok and tag animation running ok and xpoanimation is running ok too. i have no idea what is wrong with it

Edited by Kat_Kot
more info
On 6/13/2023 at 11:04 PM, Kat_Kot said:

none of the sex punishments are working it just skips them and its ruining it for me. im on skyim version 1.6.640. i'm not sure what is wrong please help. if you need any more info just ask. it says mods are running ok and tag animation running ok and xpoanimation is running ok too. i have no idea what is wrong with it

Check your papyrus logs for errors around the time of the scenes, you can also open the console as it might display error messages there too. I'd check that all the requirements are working, especially mods which require an AE compatible dll for your Skyrim version, like SOS.

I realize that I'm responding about a month after the original issues were brought up, but I would like to share a couple of insights with fellow Requiem users:

1) I've been using POPx with Requiem for a long time, including 5.50 and 5.4.x respectively, and generally I have had no lasting issues with getting POPx to initialize properly (sometimes it would get squirrelly especially right after updating POPx or SUM on an existing save, but with some persistence it usually works).

2) The Reqtificator will definitely upscale the whipping damage to lethal levels.  This can be stopped by adding the keywords RFTI_Exclusions_NoDamageRescale [KYWD:xxAD3B2D]  and RFTI_Exclusions_NoWeaponReachRescale [KYWD:xxAD3B2E] to xpoWeaponCane.

On 8/4/2022 at 3:42 PM, Herowynne said:

This is very good advice. If you are using SE or AE, the wrong version of Fuz Ro Doh for your game will cause POP arrests to get stuck.

Please be sure that you have the correct version of Fuz Ro Doh for your version of Skyrim SE versus AE.

Skyrim SE 1.5.97 requires Fuz Ro D'oh 1.7
Skyrim AE 1.6.353 requires Fuz Ro D'oh 2.1

If you go to the bottom of the Description page for Fuz Ro Doh on Nexusmods and click the Spoiler button, you will see the complete list of Fuz Ro Doh versions and their corresponding game versions:

2.1 - Update for runtime v1.6.353
2.0 - Update for runtime v1.6.342
1.7 - Update for runtime v1.5.97
1.6 - Update for runtime v1.5.80
1.5 - Update for runtime v1.5.73
1.4 - Update for runtime v1.5.62
1.3 - Update for runtime v1.5.53
1.2 - Update for runtime v1.5.50
1.1 - Update for runtime v1.5.39

Bless your soul my problems are all gone.

On 12/1/2022 at 9:35 PM, kaizersoze27 said:

I too get the POP Registration failed error, I am starting a new game. From the posts here by Herowynne and others, disabling Papyrus Tweaks NG and starting new game works. Once the first time registration of SUM and POP are done, I save, enable Papyrus Tweaks NG and reload the game and everything works fine, with "POP Ready" message coming up on each load successfully.

Will post more if I find any issues during game

I start a new modding session after a lot of changes made, with Papyrus tweaks NG and SUM & PoP installed. Now SUM works on new game start but PoP fails. What I now do is, when all the other mods are setup correctly, I go to debug and do a manual reset for PoP and it run through all the reset and come up to ready. After this one time manual reset, its ready everytime, no prob.

So I've made a custom Outfit .json with DDe and called it "POPCustom", inside it I made 2 lists, 1 called "POPArrest" and 1 "POPCell"

So if I want to let the mod only choose between the outfits in "POPArrest" from my .json for the Arrest scenes how would I type that in the MCM?

"pop registration failed -> reset pop!" I keep getting this when starting a new game- what does this mean and how can I fix it? I am playing in LE and do not see an option under the mod to reset it....

Edited by pnutz78
2 hours ago, pnutz78 said:

"pop registration failed -> reset pop!" I keep getting this when starting a new game- what does this mean and how can I fix it? I am playing in LE and do not see an option under the mod to reset it....

I have this message with SE too. I think it is related to Sexlab p+. I have it since upgrading to p+.