A little warning to mod creators of non adult mods....

LordNecris

I don't even want get personal with my own situation pathetic as it is , people will laugh at my own setup and go " really ?" .

Just stating not all mod makers are so well off or were born in Western First World  Countries , Because attacking Mod Makers is really not a solution at this point .

People are not asking the right questions all are going for hatred thats my issue with the scenario

Well, to remove the term "mod maker" out of the equation, they're people just like anyone lol. They could have it just as bad if not worse.

My main questions if this sticks around:

- Since the system relies on users donating for access, is there any possibility that a mod (or mods) can be cut?

This makes me think about the creative benefits of this as people would develop things that catch the most interest right? Rather than develop things out of something they would like to see and share it (while benefiting from it) it's an aim for what's popular.

I'm avoiding morals on this, but doesn't this have a large possibility to reduce creativity? This is something that Valve seems to think that this will bring.

I don't even want get personal with my own situation pathetic as it is , people will laugh at my own setup and go " really ?" .

Just stating not all mod makers are so well off or were born in Western First World  Countries , Because attacking Mod Makers is really not a solution at this point .

People are not asking the right questions all are going for hatred thats my issue with the scenario

Well, to remove the term "mod maker" out of the equation, they're people just like anyone lol. They could have it just as bad if not worse.

My main questions if this sticks around:

- Since the system relies on users donating for access, is there any possibility that a mod (or mods) can be cut?

This makes me think about the creative benefits of this as people would develop things that catch the most interest right? Rather than develop things out of something they would like to see and share it (while benefiting from it) it's an aim for what's popular.

I'm avoiding morals on this, but doesn't this have a large possibility to reduce creativity? This is something that Valve seems to think that this will bring.

The Modder could get into legal Issues with Steam and so forth

Honestly,  the things that people want the most (boobies) aren't going to be on the steam workshop , none of the adult content could be  monetized ,

The second statement applies of if modders want their mods to be behind a pay wall ..... there will be free versions of said stuff by other modders

Again making something that is already popular depends on the modder , no one ( Few ) will pay for a mod that exists partially or if they have something similar 

People will have to go for New things especially on the paid end 

There are some valid points here and I undestand both sides of the argument.My main arguement is why they decided to do this so long AFTER Skyrim was released? Now they are only succeding in dividing the very community that I have been a part of since Hammerfell.They could have waited and implemented this system BEFORE the release of a NEW game.I have lost all respect to those asswipes for doing it this way.

Skyrim is likely being used for this because bethsoft wants a test-bed for a more heavily monetized modding system in future releases. The guys designing the next big game are probably looking at what happens in the next few weeks/months in order to determine if making this standard ( in new releases) is viable. The existing community also eases some of the potential "failure to launch" risks that bethesda might otherwise suffer. With a new game bethesda has to wait for modders to migrate to the new game and it's new systems, develop content, and release. With the existing community you can get things like SkyUI slapping on a higher version number and charging money in a lot less time. Less risk that the paid system would be a content graveyard. Even better for them, doing this with skyrim means they get to profit in the interim between now and the release of their next title.

Personally I dont mind  paid Mods going up on the Steam Work Shop , as long as there are alternative sites Like the Nexus / LL with free mods etc.

That to some point true and also fine by me.

But what i think will happen as some already pointed out before the arrival of BLACKBLOODYPAIDMODDAY modders for most part shared things where probably even friends.

Now mods on steam are monitized i doub they trust other modders(maybe real close friends or modders they know for years but for most they won't share there KNOWLEDGE anymore which is bad for modding in general and stands in way of progress and getting better mods.

Result probably thousends of crappy mods or less mods because most dont want to invest and learn themselfs.

I'm sure plenty at first learned from others and get the hang of it and starting to make themselfs nice mods because of the sharing mod community.

This kind of sharing is maybe something of past now thanks to Valve and Bethesda :(

Plus the next installments of bethesda games will not be open for all modders unless you go on steam and ask money PAYWALL PAYWALL mark my words alot will changed when next games come.

Bethesda and Valve will make sure sites like nexus or LL cannot make mods any more free and open or even adult mods we see here.

There are some valid points here and I undestand both sides of the argument.My main arguement is why they decided to do this so long AFTER Skyrim was released? Now they are only succeding in dividing the very community that I have been a part of since Hammerfell.They could have waited and implemented this system BEFORE the release of a NEW game.I have lost all respect to those asswipes for doing it this way.

Skyrim is likely being used for this because bethsoft wants a test-bed for a more heavily monetized modding system in future releases. The guys designing the next big game are probably looking at what happens in the next few weeks/months in order to determine if making this standard ( in new releases) is viable. The existing community also eases some of the potential "failure to launch" risks that bethesda might otherwise suffer. With a new game bethesda has to wait for modders to migrate to the new game and it's new systems, develop content, and release. With the existing community you can get things like SkyUI slapping on a higher version number and charging money in a lot less time. Less risk that the paid system would be a content graveyard. Even better for them, doing this with skyrim means they get to profit in the interim between now and the release of their next title.

Personally I dont mind  paid Mods going up on the Steam Work Shop , as long as there are alternative sites Like the Nexus / LL with free mods etc.

But what i think will happen as some already pointed out before the arrival of BLACKBLOODYPAIDMODDAY modders for most part shared things where probably even friends.

Now mods on steam are monitized i doub they trust other modders(maybe real close friends or modders they know for years but for most they won't share there KNOWLEDGE anymore which is bad for modding in general and stands in way of progress and getting better mods.

Result probably thousends of crappy mods or less mods because most dont want to invest and learn themselfs.

I'm sure plenty at first learned from others and get the hang of it and starting to make themselfs nice mods because of the sharing mod community.

This kind of sharing is maybe something of past now thanks to Valve and Bethesda :(

I'm not so sure that will be case , Most of the Mod Makers are against this paid SW debacle  , and the moment a paid Mod comes up on the steam work shop someone will try to tackle and make a free version of the said mod or something similar to gain / earn respect of the community . 

While the information is limited , There are a lot of talented modders who will take up the mantle and go with the free mods creation .

Yes , the tutorials may become less , but that has always been the case ,  I can assure its most prominent in the Animation/Nifskope part of Beth games, most mod authors had to learn from scratch and with what people share with others 

Cheers

I think the biggest part people are afraid from is that with this system people can only get good mods when only paying for them. To some esxtend this could be true that some modders will make better stuff if they are paid for it. My biggest concern is people no longer sharing important stuff to get to modding.

Let's face it would consider releasing free stuff if others can use it to make moneu of of it ?? good knowlage from let say how to create mods in future games will be much more scarce then it is now.

There are also other things to consider. mod resources will probably no longer be free off charge. Witch will leave the comunity totally devided. But only future will tell.

I'm not so sure that will be case , Most of the Mod Makers are against this paid SW debacle  , and the moment a paid Mod comes up on the steam work shop someone will try to tackle and make a free version of the said mod or something similar to gain / earn respect of the community . 

While the information is limited , There are a lot of talented modders who will take up the mantle and go with the free mods creation .

Yes , the tutorials may become less , but that has always been the case ,  I can assure its most prominent in the Animation/Nifskope part of Beth games, most mod authors had to learn from scratch and with what people share with others 

Cheers

More likely the paid versions of any important mods will end up on a torrent somewhere, and finding them will be something you don't mention in polite (read:moderator) company.

Cheers

More likely the paid versions of any important mods will end up on a torrent somewhere, and finding them will be something you don't mention in polite (read:moderator) company.

lol , Skyrim itself is on torrents , I don't see how it will stop Mods from getting  there :s and it should be none of our concern actually 

Honestly I don't really think this will go on for very long. There's legal issues with the tools used to create mods (most companies like autodesk require you to pay for their software if you are using it for commercial purposes), so either beth/valve have a few files cased against them or if they were smart enough the mod author is going to take all the blame. Whatever happens, even if beth/valve made sure they are completely safe, if a mod author has to pay a bazillion bucks because he or she didn't know about all the legal issues, other mod authors are less inclined to upload paid mods because obviously nobody wants to deal with corporate lawsuits - especially since valve and beth gladly take 75% of your income you make off of mods, but won't provide any support whatsoever if their new project got you into a big mess that might ruin you financially. Or, if beth and valve aren't completely safe, then they will have to pay for every mod they sell that was made illegally, i.e. without the licenses that are required to make a commercial product. That's that. But for the people who say that paying for mods might be a good thing if it is done right, you're wrong. Here's why:

Modding works because it's free. If there is money involved, people won't share their assets and knowledge. Think about all dependancies most mods have. You can't do that when you have to pay money for the mod itself and for the mods that are required to run your mod in the first place. It kills diversity. Think about what would've happened if UNP was a mod you had to pay for. Do you really think the author would have allowed all the new textures and mesh edits for his mod? No, he wouldn't have, because he would lose money that way. Everything that uses UNP as a base is an opportunity for the author of UNP to gain additional dosh. Money kills creativity. Suddenly it's not about what you want to do, it's about what sells and what doesn't. So with all that taken into account, paid modding will be like the micro transactions you have in F2P games today. Simple and mostly cosmetic additions with no real depth. Because to build something with great depth, you need to access the ressources and knowledge of other people. Say Fallout 4 hits the shelves, with paid mods and all that. People struggle in the beginning as always with many things, trying to get new things into the game - and then someone figures out how to do what many people are trying to figure out. Guess what happens next? He's going to keep it for himself and uploads paid mods to the workshop. Bags of cash guarenteed because the first mods that do new things are the ones that get downloaded like mad. Even very shitty body replacers get downloaded if they are the first to appear. The process of understanding how the modkit and the game works will be mostly halted, because every tiny bit of knowledge that you have but others don't have is an advantage you can turn into real cash.

And not just that, people can also just steal mods from all over the place and upload them as paid mods to get money. Valve is a lazy shit when it comes to regulating steam issues and they don't care because they get money either way. They get 75% no matter what.

Personally I dont mind paid Mods going up on the Steam Work Shop , as long as there are alternative sites Like the Nexus / LL with free mods etc.

Seeing how easy it is to pirate skyrim mod, DRMfication of mod on fallout 4 and tes6 is inevitable if this "experiment" succeed. Steam workshop will be the only place to download and distribute paid and free mods legally. Beth will do anything to get more money.

Personally I dont mind paid Mods going up on the Steam Work Shop , as long as there are alternative sites Like the Nexus / LL with free mods etc.

Seeing how easy it is to pirate skyrim mod, DRMfication of mod on fallout 4 and tes6 is inevitable if this "experiment" succeed. Steam workshop will be the only place to download and distribute paid and free mods legally. Beth will do anything to get more money.

It doesn't matter in the end , if Beth does that ( restrict mods to Steam ), the consumer can refuse not to purchase said game or mod , sure people will go the " treasure Island "  route , but thats just the way it is .

Any mod that is based on a current body type could be DMC'd because to actually make the model you need to use assets from someone else. EG: you need a UNP base body to make UNP clothes work with it because of the way Skyrim loads armor/clothing, that base body has to be included with the equipment, else you'll have clothes floating invisibly.

Just sayin.

Any mod that is based on a current body type could be DMC'd because to actually make the model you need to use assets from someone else. EG: you need a UNP base body to make UNP clothes work with it because of the way Skyrim loads armor/clothing, that base body has to be included with the equipment, else you'll have clothes floating invisibly.

Just sayin.

It would be the most beautiful thing if Caliente and Dimon say:

Do NOT use my body for shaping clothes or armor if you are going to sell your mods.

All the mods based on my creations must be FREE.

Way to get the fuckers all screwed.

CDprojects free mods !

attachicon.gifNaamloos.jpg

They have to show me the reasons why I should play Witcher.

On the other hand, this is a preview of what happens if paid mods were to become a regular feature:

attachicon.gif11169655_984221108255715_1534527210905831197_o.jpg

I see no reason why not to play Witcher3, in terms of quality, gameplay, aeshetics they are lightyears before Bethesda and their spit coding, but to each their own.

So or so Gog+Cdpr+free modding looks like a win to me.

Just sayin.

Do NOT use my body for shaping clothes or armor if you are going to sell your mods.

All the assets based on my creations must be FREE.

Actually less than that, I think both of those are based on Cherry Hasting or w/e their name was no? Its been quite some time I don't remember who came first. Regardless, yeah every clothing and armor mod that has CBBE/UNP/BODYANAGRAM uses assets from that body type. The only armor/clothing mods that should be free and clear are those that use vanilla body types.

Just sayin.

Not sure about dimon but on caliente page this was palced:

So, some information about the recent developments in modding.

- No file contained in the BodySlide and CBBE archives are to be sold for monetary gain anywhere.

- Outfits including the CBBE body are not to be sold.

So that is atleast a good thing.

Just sayin.

Not sure about dimon but on caliente page this was palced:

So, some information about the recent developments in modding.

- No file contained in the BodySlide and CBBE archives are to be sold for monetary gain anywhere.

- Outfits including the CBBE body are not to be sold.

So that is atleast a good thing.

thx for the info

Much respect for Caliente.

best thing are the Changes Notes  version 1.01 update

Good find and it is true. See below for the actual thread.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2518268

I wasn't aware of this as I've never played games like TF2 and have never used the Workshop for mods. The Workshop integration in Skyrim's CK also kinda hinted that this was going to happen eventually, I think.

Someone asks a pretty valid question...

"It mentions 25% in 2012. Didn't Gabe say Bethesda chose the percentages? Did he lie or is it a coincidence?"

..which proves that Gabe is a terrible liar.

When someone does a similar prediction, "tinfoil hat" jokes start to fly around and then years later we see who's having the last laugh. 

This is also an interesting thread on the subject...

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1339107-bethesda-paid-mod-subscription-service/

Archived