Paid mods for skyrim.

Guest Suited Prawns

for a mod like SkyUI, I am also willing to pay..

But it is strange that would release an update right now.. after nearly TWO years..

"SkyUI LAST UPDATE ON JUNE 24th 2013" v4.1

They were told about Vavle's new policy a month before it was implemented. It's all about the money. Luckily it's up for pirating already. If you look on reddit there are several posts about the devs being complete sellouts. 

Chesko was basically an unwitting pawn. He was exploited.

he didn't put those mods for sale against this will

i read somewhere he had a month to prepare them, look like this wasn't enought to replace everything that was a problem, but while he was doing that, he had time to think about what he was doing

and the ones that went to war because of that knew what they were doing too, if he feel like taking down everything he have on the nexus, well, it's up to him

the funniest ones are the ones that said they would stop using his mods because of that

since skyui is doing the same, does that mean skyrim is over for them now? :D

This is a worldwide influenza, the largest epidemic of millenium, the biggest disaster of all time and perhaps the third world war. 

gefuehle_0119.gif

And from now on nobody will bother to create a "free" alternative to, say SkyUI, as someone will steal it anyway and will try to sell it through Steam. This is the end of "modding" as we know it. The era of 3rd party DLCs has begun.

This is a worldwide influenza, the largest epidemic of millenium, the biggest disaster of all time and perhaps the third world war. 

gefuehle_0119.gif

Don't worry, it'll collapse on itself. 

i read somewhere he had a month to prepare them, look like this wasn't enought to replace everything that was a problem, but while he was doing that, he had time to think about what he was doing

and the ones that went to war because of that knew what they were doing too, if he feel like taking down everything he have on the nexus, well, it's up to him

In my country its pretty much a foundation of society that everyone have a right to ask for reward after doing some work.

Is that 40-50 cents really so outrageous for you? Then you would wait few months and get it for free anyway.

16644399363_02e05f4c5b_c.jpg

A2 300dpi print-ready version on my Flickr (check my sign)

ye sure. if its your hobby then you shouldn't make money from it right?

Now go tell CR7 that if he loves play football then he should play for real madrid for free...

for example.

In my country its pretty much a foundation of society that everyone have a right to ask for reward after doing some work.

Is that 40-50 cents really so outrageous for you? Then you would wait few months and get it for free anyway.

16644399363_02e05f4c5b_c.jpg

A2 300dpi print-ready version on my Flickr (check my sign)

ye sure. if its your hobby then you shouldn't make money from it right?

Now go tell CR7 that if he loves play football then he should play for real madrid for free...

for example.

Yeah, because making a mod and playing for Real Madrid are the same damn thing... Since people are starting to charge mods, why don't we also charge people for looking at fan art or reading fanfiction?

Yeah, because making a mod and playing for Real Madrid are the same damn thing... Since people are starting to charge mods, why don't we also charge people for looking at fan art or reading fanfiction?

it is the same thing.

you provide something for someone and you have the right to ask to be compensated for it.

Modder is not your servant which is obliged to deliver just because you want it.

If he would choose to deliver for free then its great. But you have no right to demand him to do so.

Will modders starve if they stop their modding hobby? No, they won't, it's a hobby after all, and hobby is meant to share the fun with other people

Will CR7 starve if he stop getting paid for playing football? Yes he will (assuming he has no other job). It's no longer a hobby, now it's a JOB, a burden, a duty, a must to keep his life

If people don't charge you for DLC-sized mods like Wyrmstooth, Moothpath, Falskaal or some huge awesome crazy stuff like Sexlab and its horde of plugins, there is no reason to pay real money for a single item on Steam workshop.

If you want to be a full-time pro-modder that is considered a job, fine. But make something that actually worth the money and it has to be BETTER than what the modding communities provide for FREE.

it is the same thing.

you provide something for someone and you have the right to ask to be compensated for it.

Modder is not your servant which is obliged to deliver just because you want it.

If he would choose to deliver for free then its great. But you have no right to demand him to do so.

You have all the right to ask for compensation, You have ...NO RIGHT... to demand compensation.

Modding is and was supposed to be something people did because they wanted to extend the life of their games, people really appreciated these mods even if they never said it. Some people were willing to donate to the modders.

Really if you expect compensation for your mods than you shouldn't be modding in the first place, go somewhere else and look for a real job.

said that on page 2

you'll find all that on chinese sites soon

and people were selling mods way before steam start doing it too, there was some topic about a chinese site last year, and it wasn't even his mods he was selling

well, if some dumbass pay for outdated mods you can get for free, you can only laught of them

yesterday when i check steam sell page, there was 19 mods

now there is... 17 mods

if that system was so nice for modder, how come they aren't using it?

the reward to the modder is just an excuse, steam system is to make modders generate $ for steam, it's easy to understand

and if some dumbass think they will make $ with that, you can only laught of them

I think these greedy corporations need a wake-up call with another crash.  Just like what happened over 2 decades ago.

The gaming industry has definitely declined over the years by producing unfinished and lackluster products.  Games with missing content you have to pay extra for (DLC), and containing more bugs than in a bait store are becoming more commonplace.

And now there's paid mods (more DLC) created by non-developers too stupid or desperate to find more viable alternatives for income.  How much more will it take to stop this madness?

Some retard modder releases a mod that breaks the game, You are not a modder at this point you a developer and if you break my game and i paid for it You better get off your ass and fix the thing or im demanding my money back.

Oh wait, Valve has a Non-refund policy so im screwed.

it is the same thing.

So if a gave someone a gift, I have the right to charge them 10 € for it?! No one is demanding shit. Mod authors are people who willingly create content for a game. No one is forcing them to make mods, it's something that people USED TO do because it was fun. They enjoy improving games they already like.

now there is... 17 mods

At this point there's a waiting "review" period for paid mods for the community to flag them as inappropriate or infringing or whatever. There's 59 in there at the moment, though pretty much the first page are obvious piss-takes (£70 for extra cheese wheels in Dragonsreach for example).

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=72850&searchtext=&childpublishedfileid=0&browsesort=forsale_pendingapproval&section=readytouseitems&requiredflags%5B%5D=paiditems

you'll find all that on chinese sites soon

upddate your anti virus software often.

you will need it on these chinese sites...

and if paying 50 cents for someones hard work is outrageous for you then hell if i care if your pc get infected...

and people were selling mods way before steam start doing it too, there was some topic about a chinese site last year, and it wasn't even his mods he was selling

well, if some dumbass pay for outdated mods you can get for free, you can only laught of them

now there is... 17 mods

19 - 2 mods by chesko means 17 now

Check "in evaluation" tab and come again 

the reward to the modder is just an excuse, steam system is to make modders generate $ for steam, it's easy to understand

and if some dumbass think they will make $ with that, you can only laught of them

feel free to develop something better...

Modding is not work, its hobby.

And what a shitty society he lives in, where i come from if you do something for people its because you want to help others and you will get a reward if they want to give you a reward. you are not obligated to a reward, what is the point of Helping if you expect others to pay you "outside of a job"

If someone is dying in the streets in your country do you ask for a reward first before you help them?

Where do you come from so i know never to go there.

I feel like this discussion is going nowhere, we will have to endure what is happening and just vote with our wallets.. 

If you think something is worth 1-5$ then buy it, if you don't then don't, eventually i think everyone will settle with this and well have an era where modding is essentially a job, something you do every day and not something you used to do in your spare time..

As long as Bethesda won't tie Fallout 4 (if it even exists) or future games to the workshop with some kind of mod DRM..

Buy smart, we are customers now.

Archived