Paid mods for skyrim.

Guest Suited Prawns

Funny thing is that he intended to make it available for free after 3 months. So seriously what's the big deal? Now, because of those brainless tards the mod may never see the light of day. Man, I am really pissed right now. It was the only mod that was missing to make the game superior to the Witcher 3. I would have not minded at all if the Witcher 3 had fishing in it, but it doesn't.

Yeah at least CDProjektRed is not like shitty salty Bethesda, and aren't you feeling entiteled for donating to mod authors, what it makes you better than those who dont fuckwit?

Well, I don't hurt the modding community by insulting those who make content. That was real mature, bro.

I don't think you have a right to insult people who do contribute when you have contributed nothing.

Potential mod users, potential customers? They want to use it for free. LOL

You have a twisted logic. It's like a fat moron who does nothing but play videogames all day long saying those American soldiers fight to earn cash, what a bunch of greedy bastard.

Yes they want to use it for free, because the previous versions have been free. They have always used them for free. Suddenly going hey know that future updates are going to be behind a paywall is going to piss people off.

I can understand being annoyed at the abuse that was over the top and not wanting to release the mod.

But don't say god knows what reason. You know perfectly well why people are annoyed.

Yea i'm hearing big words that we should go for donations instead all day. That mod was available for 40 cents with a promise that it would be published on nexus for free in a matter of few months. And still several hundred ppl called us fu**** greedy scumbags.

We also become thiefs.

want to read something?

***** valve_comment.pngcomment_modindicator_officer.png 15 Kwi - 22:20 

I'll check that out. What tools do you use to actually make your animations?

aqqh:
Mainly hkxcmd, FNIS and Autodesk 3ds Max.

Thanks! I'll check out those tools and see if we can get in contact with the right people.

***** valve_comment.pngcomment_modindicator_officer.png 16 Kwi - 4:27 
Are custom animations only possible in Skyrim with FNIS? Or are there other ways to get your animations into your mod? It looks like players would need to install FNIS in order to utilize custom your animations then, is that true?

***** valve_comment.pngcomment_modindicator_officer.png 16 Kwi - 18:04 
 Are any of your paid mods going to require FNIS in order to use them? We are investigating whether we can get SKSE distributed via Steam to make that path easier for customers, and I'd imagine if your mods are going to require FNIS that we should pursue a similar path to support FNIS distributed via Steam so that experience can be made better for customers. But I'm not sure we can get that done in the next week.

They were supposed to get us permission to use whatever tool that we need.

They f****g failed.

Potential mod users, potential customers? They want to use it for free. LOL

And you want to pay to use them, who's the idiot here?

I want to pay so that they may make more mods in the future. That's why. That's my way of contributing, because I can't MAKE A MOD! Why do people think people should be 100% altruistic when they're not? Did you ever give donations to those modders? I bet you didn't. Some people have no shame.

I use them because they are offered free of charge, you fucktard. I'm under no obligation to pay for a mod or donate to its author as I don't demand anything from anyone.

Which in principle is cool and i think how most peeps use mods, they grab want they want and go and probably only come back again straight away if it doesnt work (some mods from nexus most i've done is click an endorse button and i didnt bother with that till i had them for months).

But while their is nothing wrong with the logic/principle of it being freely offered so you've freely taken it what right do you have to demand that the author always freely offers?

Since that (other than the entitlement attitude being voiced by some in the thread) is the main arguement as i understand it along with fear for setting a precedant

I can understand being annoyed at the abuse that was over the top and not wanting to release the mod.

But don't say god knows what reason. You know perfectly well why people are annoyed.

Yea i'm hearing big words that we should go for donations instead all day. That mod was available for 40 cents with a promise that it would be published on nexus for free in a matter of few months. And still several hundred ppl called us fu**** greedy scumbags.

We also become thiefs.

want to read something?

aqqh:
Mainly hkxcmd, FNIS and Autodesk 3ds Max.

Thanks! I'll check out those tools and see if we can get in contact with the right people.

***** valve_comment.pngcomment_modindicator_officer.png 16 Kwi - 4:27 
Are custom animations only possible in Skyrim with FNIS? Or are there other ways to get your animations into your mod? It looks like players would need to install FNIS in order to utilize custom your animations then, is that true?

***** valve_comment.pngcomment_modindicator_officer.png 16 Kwi - 18:04 
 Are any of your paid mods going to require FNIS in order to use them? We are investigating whether we can get SKSE distributed via Steam to make that path easier for customers, and I'd imagine if your mods are going to require FNIS that we should pursue a similar path to support FNIS distributed via Steam so that experience can be made better for customers. But I'm not sure we can get that done in the next week.

They f****g failed.

So if i'm reading the above correctly they were looking to make SKSE and FNIS deployable directly via steam? (i.e making it idiot proof which the workshop has done for modding for a lot of games)

Funny thing is that he intended to make it available for free after 3 months. So seriously what's the big deal? Now, because of those brainless tards the mod may never see the light of day. Man, I am really pissed right now. It was the only mod that was missing to make the game superior to the Witcher 3. I would have not minded at all if the Witcher 3 had fishing in it, but it doesn't.

Yeah at least CDProjektRed is not like shitty salty Bethesda, and aren't you feeling entiteled for donating to mod authors, what it makes you better than those who dont fuckwit?

Well, I don't hurt the modding community by insulting those who make content. That was real mature, bro.

I don't think you have a right to insult people who do contribute when you have contributed nothing.

Ayy lmao you really gonna do that? you gonna go there?

You just called everyone who is not donating money "Brainless tards" and basically put yourself above them, by saying that those who don't donate and pay are the ones who stop mods from being realesed..also where did i insulted those who make content, didnt you read my previous posts? And how do you know i contributed nothing? Yeah sorry i dont want to give Valve and Bethesda 3.75$ to "donate" 1.25$ to the creator.

We also become thiefs.

want to read something?

valve_comment.pngcomment_modindicator_officer.png

16 Kwi - 4:27 

valve_comment.pngcomment_modindicator_officer.png

16 Kwi - 18:04 

They f****g failed.

Yeah fair enough they fucked up epicly.

I think this whole thing is wrong. But I don't think it is the mod authors fault. It rests purely on Beth and valve. It is wrong how people have resorted to personal attacks and threats. If you don't like the practice don't buy or use their mods. That's all people had to do. That and send rant emails to the companies. Personally attacking people however is wrong.

Back when all this was announced before some huge public back-cry I actually bought that fishing mod. Not because I really wanted it (may have never even used it honestly) but because I saw that it was Chesko and Aqqh that made it. I didn't care about what message I was sending but I saw so far the simplest method to give back to them I've used many mods and creations from both of them (Thanks Aqqh!) I wasn't buying one mod I was giving them a few bucks for the tens of hours of fun I had playing there mod. then I learned about the whole 25% thing and no actual funds being sent until a substantial amount was raised so... not so good there. The point is if somebody thinks they should be paid for something they did look at it like buying anything else. Could I have made that? Is this something I want? the solution valve and bethesda introduced is flawed and there has never been one that even worked half as good up till this point. donations don't work because most can just brush right past them and those that would donate are usually held back by other reasons, I have seen mod authors do some pretty shifty things to get paid for there work that definitely danced along the line of legalities. 

If you want any hope of fixing what you deem to be a problem then don't rage at it like children. Find a new solution take it to every party involved all these companies and people you are spitting on now have always listened to others even if they on occasion sounded like spoiled brats. Fixing this might be a long shot and I'm worried that going forward bethesda is going to crack down on modding simply because of the reactions they have seen here. everybody is crying out blanket statements like "pc gaming is dying" it's not dying only changing as it has before and will again. things change everything changes it's up to you however to shape that change.

Sorry for this rant it's just m position. :dodgy: (also the guy who made these emoticons there not free he has made so much damn money...oh and this typing font too... oh and this message board layout....sorry couldn't resist :cool: ) p.s. so much money....

You guys should have lashed out at Bethesda and Valve and not the content creators. Lashing out against them is not constructive at all.

You are completely right. And I don't mind creators putting the price on their work. What I do mind is a) Valve and Bethesda ripping off creators and users, B) I consider this to be a bad practice, with the potential to change modding for future games, but not in a good way c) Valve essentially not giving a fuck about possible content theft. Like I said, I don't mind mod authors making money off of their work, but I do reserve the right to decide with my wallet.

If it would have been if it had been done the right way by Bethesda and Valve  even I would have cashed in on some animation replacers eventually. Things like these could help mod makers alot , the backlash against modders was a bit too much though , some modders are making 2 types of  versions a free version and paid version.

Making some vanilla stuff and earning some cash for pc upgrades or anything doesn't sound so bad especially for people from the east or not employed 

You guys should have lashed out at Bethesda and Valve and not the content creators. Lashing out against them is not constructive at all.

You are completely right. And I don't mind creators putting the price on their work. What I do mind is a) Valve and Bethesda ripping off creators and users, B) I consider this to be a bad practice, with the potential to change modding for future games, but not in a good way c) Valve essentially not giving a fuck about possible content theft. Like I said, I don't mind mod authors making money off of their work, but I do reserve the right to decide with my wallet.

Thanks bro.

If it would have been if it had been done the right way by Bethesda and Valve  even I would have cashed in on some animation replacers eventually. Things like these could help mod makers alot , the backlash against modders was a bit too much though , some modders are making 2 types of  versions a free version and paid version.

Making some vanilla stuff and earning some cash for pc upgrades or anything doesn't sound so bad especially for people from the east or not employed 

I agree. If the system was right, there would have been incentives to make better and more complex mods, and also a lot more animations.

SkyUI is going pay to use as well

considering...

Current Version: 4.1

LAST UPDATE ON JUNE 24th 2013

For a list of recent changes, click the version number on top of this page.

Would paying a few pennies really be that bad for a more updated version? (figure mentioned above is $0.40 which in UK money wouldnt even get me a bad cup of coffee from a cheap vending machine)

Would paying a few pennies really be that bad for a more updated version? (figure mentioned above is $0.40 which in UK money wouldnt even get me a bad cup of coffee from a cheap vending machine)

No, it wouldn't, but think for a moment who is getting the money and what message we as consumers are sending. By buying mods on Steam we essentially support cash grab by Valve and Bethesda, and what now clearly is bad practice for future games. Instead we can say "no" to them and decide with our money. I am however sorry mod authors got caught up in the middle what is essentially a fight between big corporations and consumers.

The main problem is the workshop itself. With steam -workshop you are back in the middle-ages of modding. You cannot declare the load-sequence, not deinstall the mods clean (like with mod organizer), etc... and if Bethesda only allows steam-workshop mods in future, future looks dim. 

No, it wouldn't, but think for a moment who is getting the money and what message we as consumers are sending. By buying mods on Steam we essentially support cash grab by Valve and Bethesda, and what now clearly is bad practice for future games. Instead we can say "no" to them and decide with our money. I am however sorry mod authors got caught up in the middle what is essentially a fight between big corporations and consumers.

This, how long till your paying for bug fixes? How long till Mod resource creators are demanding payment for access to their resources? What about technical support when patches break mods? Accurate dependencies and conflicts?

This is poison in the well, I'd be happy to support a few mod creators for their work, but once modding is a business the whole game changes. Everyone has to protect their assets, everything has to be compatible, full technical support is a requirement, and EVERYONE involved in the creation of a mod has to be paid not just the final creator or group to release it.

If SkyUI goes through with this well...the water is going to get a bit more toxic.

It really is a no-win situation for the Modders that participate in this. Bethesda and Valve played them and us all beautifully. They get pennies on what they sell and take all the heat.

Hahaha, they don't even get pennies. They have to make $400 before they even get a penny, and I'm 99% sure no one is close to making that. What's even more epic, Valve is now claiming some level of ownership over every mod that has appeared in the store...yeah Chesko no longer full controls his own mods.

I agree the split as is wasn't cool, i'd expect something like 20/20/60 to beth/steam/author if not 15/15/70 but shooting down the idea and killing the middle men is better how?

go back a few pages and their is quite a lot of hostility towards the incorrect people as you say.

If you saw the part that was linked with the value replies though think about what that could have meant.

a SKSE and FNIS deployable by steam

their is a guide on how to install FNIS in this forum with 67k views

their are threads in the trouble shooting with problems related to installation of those probably running into the hundreds

how many thousands if not hundreds of thousands of mod users could have been saved hours of frustration for a cup of bad coffee

Seems to me after reading that the modding user community has just scored a incredibly home goal

I agree, it's better to donate money to the modders.

This, how long till your paying for bug fixes? How long till Mod resource creators are demanding payment for access to their resources? What about technical support when patches break mods? Accurate dependencies and conflicts?

This is poison in the well, I'd be happy to support a few mod creators for their work, but once modding is a business the whole game changes. Everyone has to protect their assets, everything has to be compatible, full technical support is a requirement, and EVERYONE involved in the creation of a mod has to be paid not just the final creator or group to release it.

If SkyUI goes through with this well...the water is going to get a bit more toxic.

It really is a no-win situation for the Modders that participate in this. Bethesda and Valve played them and us all beautifully. They get pennies on what they sell and take all the heat.

Hahaha, they don't even get pennies. They have to make $400 before they even get a penny, and I'm 99% sure no one is close to making that. What's even more epic, Valve is now claiming some level of ownership over every mod that has appeared in the store...yeah Chesko no longer full controls his own mods.

I have bad news for you...

Archived