Paid mods for skyrim.

Guest Suited Prawns

Guest endgameaddiction

1 million but only 25% of the profit. 75% going to Beth/Valve. There's no way that is going to change because there' absolutely no way a modder is going to make more money in the long run over Bethesda by using their product.

If I was a game developer and a modder made more than I did, I'd quite and become a modder and work on a mod on my own time at home with no stupid boss yell down my neck.

really hope Bethesda isn't involved.

they are very much involved...

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/46130-steam-a-bit-late-on-their-aprils-fool-joke/?p=1153051

this is a joke, right?

if 1 million users, donate a dollar to one modder, then he gets so much money, that he no longer has to work.

he would make more money than a games developer

and such a thing should not be.

The thing is that you will have to pay much more than 1$ to actually give the modder 1$ because of that 75% business, for example that 5$ would

give the modder 1.25$ but personally i think its not enough and even makes the modder look desperate, so to really make a difference we would

need to pay 10$ for wet and cold for example so that the modder could make a real honorable profit and continue his work flawlessly..

Just a note, SKSE could not be put on the workshop even if they wanted to. It's outside of the data folder and an executable. Same for ENB, BodySlide and FNIS.

CBBE won't be behind a paywall and mods using it are not allowed to be sold (be it armor or followers).

Apparently the SKSE team is cooperating with Valve to make this possible.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/topic/1516811-discussion-for-workshop-paid-mods-thread-3/page-3?do=findComment&comment=23943101

Guest Suited Prawns

This isn't on Valve.

This decision was made somewhere between Zenimax Media, Bethesda and....some mod authors that are probably Twitter friends with some Beth devs.

Valve is just providing a framework, if Bethesda and Zenimax didn't want this, Valve wouldn't have put any effort into it at all.

So overall the people you need to really start looking at are Bethesda and Zenimax...and perhaps a few mod authors that appeared to know way more about this than anyone else long before anyone else that is anyone knew anything about it.

Might as well call this #moddergate.

This seems very unlikely, it appears that steam wants to add this function to every steam game and i assume skyrim is the biggest so they thought they'd start there.

Also steam good lord, "If your mod dont work, go fuckyourself" thats some attitude you could only expect on the nexus, but at least there you didn't pay 5.99 for it.

Wasent people downloading mods being entitled brats a thing a while back, now I feel modders are getting entitled. Its great if you create content and you write good scripts but modding skyrim is a hobby not a job. How so? because the work you do does not justify the price tag. Lets see here, I could buy an indie game that was completely designed from the ground up by one person from the ground up, with an engine, art assets, great controls, innovative design and so on which is already getting too little money for the hours that go into it. OR i could buy an early access fishing mod that uses other peoples assets running on another persons game. Im sorry but even stuff like falskaar falls short of a good indie game(Not an early access asswipe).

None of the Adult mods are going to be there anyways so it may not affect LL mods much I hope ............. Can agree with a donate button though or the variable price thing but then again some of the prices are outrageous lol       5 USD for a Follower Mod :s

Certainly can do good for people who could not doing well financially or could use the extra cash for upgrades etc (May sound like an ass ) but some people could benefit out of this, I know I could too cause I'm poor as fuck and struggling RL for quite a while now.

But on whole its bad Idea it wont kill modding but it would kinda be a bit  fucked up , but adult mods are safe I guess. 

I think the same. I know it would definitely benefit me as i have literally 0 income and rely on my boyfriend that i live with, currently.

This would be so perfect for me, but at the same time i am against the whole idea of having to pay for mods -_-

1 million but only 25% of the profit. 75% going to Beth/Valve. There's no way that is going to change because there' absolutely no way a modder is going to make more money in the long run over Bethesda by using their product.

If I was a game developer and a modder made more than I did, I'd quite and become a modder and work on a mod on my own time at home with no stupid boss yell down my neck.

So getting Bethesda not the neck fully, they want to more money have, great performance.

This deserving my respect and a boycott on their next game. ;)

edit: of one million 25% are still 250,000, still a rod of money. :lol:  :P

Guest Suited Prawns

I see it coming, illegal mod sides with free mods full off adware and other shit. 

i like it! :D

You like adware, viruses and other harmful tools? 

Reminds me of the old gmod.org which was so full of adware it finished off my first pc. Its that nostalgia factor.

I see it coming, illegal mod sides with free mods full off adware and other shit. 

i like it! :D

You like adware, viruses and other harmful tools? 

There are very good anti-virus programs.

but that just can not be what now goes out, I will not pay a single cent for a mod! nothing against the modder, I mean "Bethesda". :angry:

lol this is so scummy. This is going to hurt Skyrim Modding a lot.

And as a result, it's going to hurt PC modding as a whole. Bethesda was one of the last game companies that openly encouraged mods. And now they're taking advantage of us all.

I sincerely believe this is going to hurt PC modding overall, which is one of the big reasons to even pick PC over other platforms (no, I couldn't given too many shits about graphics).

lol this is so scummy. This is going to hurt Skyrim Modding a lot.

And as a result, it's going to hurt PC modding as a whole. Bethesda was one of the last game companies that openly encouraged mods. And now they're taking advantage of us all.

I sincerely believe this is going to hurt PC modding overall, which is one of the big reasons to even pick PC over other platforms (no, I couldn't given too many shits about graphics).

Bethesda has with Skyrim a fucking game "delivered", only by the modding community Skyrim was first of all handsome!

and since Bethesda wants more money that they do not deserve.

i could puke.

edit: and the worst of all is the fact that reputable platforms such as LL suffer. ;)

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/65034/

Sorry I couldn't resist.

Alright folks this mod MUST make it to hotfiles within the next 24 hours :)

Downloaded, waiting for 15 minutes to expire, so I can endorse it. Brilliant idea, by the way Uno! :D

Dito. By the way, the mods that are being reviewed for payment in the workshop are quite... interesting. Maybe this one would fit in there as well.  :D

tumblr_miwld4qlHx1s46koto1_500.gif

This pretty much sum up my reaction when i saw this was REAL thing and not an very very very late April fool joke

Why just why *sobs* i have no problem donating if i really love the mod but ACTUALLY paying for it.......you know most of the time the mod suck ass or its stolen.... 

I'm afraid there will be a day where all new mods are not free..that would impact the modding community and would lesser the mods which is created everyday. I hope this is only a temporary. I prefer the volunteer of donations rather than buying that mod in order to use it. This is "MOD"...

tumblr_miwld4qlHx1s46koto1_500.gif

This pretty much sum up my reaction when i saw this was REAL thing and not an very very very late April fool joke

Why just why *sobs* i have no problem donating if i really leave the mod but ACTUALLY paying for it and you need know the mod could suck ass or be a stolen mod.... 

oh dear, because rejoice the courts, it will many many legal proceedings give.

because it now around much money goes. :lol:  :lol:

if there doing all this "pay for mod" to help fund FALLOUT 4 then redirect me to a donate page and i can take a big guess and say they would make alot more money from that then this BS, but if there doing this just to make cash money dolla dolla for the sake of getting Rich then honestly screw them, Valve may turn into Origin with EA's Bullshit implanted with this sort of nonsense. 

NO-ONE LIKES EA. 

i mean whats the point of having a hard limit of 250 mods if you have to pay $1 for every single mod.

its just utter nonsense and its purpose is nothing but a "Give me free money Simulator 2015".

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/46130-steam-a-bit-late-on-their-aprils-fool-joke/?p=1153051

this is a joke, right?
if 1 million users, donate a dollar to one modder, then he gets so much money, that he no longer has to work.
he would make more money than a games developer
and such a thing should not be.

1 million donators... ya, sure

and now lets stop dreaming and wake up...

The thing is that you will have to pay much more than 1$ to actually give the modder 1$ because of that 75% business, for example that 5$ would

give the modder 1.25$ but personally i think its not enough and even makes the modder look desperate, so to really make a difference we would

need to pay 10$ for wet and cold for example so that the modder could make a real honorable profit and continue his work flawlessly..

No offense but i'm really touched how suddenly everyone started to care about modders...

that 25% is still at least 10 times more compared to what they get from donations.

And trust me that 25% revenue was an object of quite fiery discussion over the last month.

Archived