Saddest song you've ever heard

DissocialPersonality

• 3 years later...

я из россии и плохо знаю английский, и прошу понять? самая грустная песня которую я слышал и запомнил это песня из моего детства. Песня принца из сказки. Советское кино ?  

On 2/19/2015 at 4:47 PM, EternalDamned said:

Eric Claptons Tears in Heaven

Hands down, this one is one of my favs that I don't listen to.  Has been one of the saddest since my youth.   Since sad means something different to everyone, I think this one is especially poignant after i became a parent.

And while there are a few country fans here, but at least not as old (or as popular):

• 4 months later...

some really despairing stuff above.

i heard Peggy Lee's "Mirrors" album for the first time when i was 14; dad deeply admired her, and gave me "Mirrors" for my birthday.
the song "The Case of M.J." left me wordless — it was like someone had stabbed my heart several times.

Spoiler

later on, while attending Berklee College of Music in Boston, i learned "The Case of M.J. (Mari Jane)" actually referred to Norma Jeane Mortenson, aka Marilyn Monroe. the song then had a profound impact on me.

cheers or tears, all.

Archived