[Sims3][WIP] KinkyWorld v0.37 [Updated: May 3rd 2019]

39 minutes ago, landess said:

Demolition Girl !!!!!

Yes. ))) Although I have been in such mood as to kill a few sims from time to time, my husband recently "treated" me to the experience of watching Demolition Man with our son... and so, use of that expression. )))

I think I should make a post, or perhaps add to my KW page regarding recent ongoing experiences with Windows Defender causing loading and save issues with my game. I think it began after a recent update. I never have my game laptop online to avoid Origin plagues and other unnecessary updates, but Windows is a ticking time bomb. It does not matter if you go online. It has a timer, I guess< that starts pop ups that your (whatever) is out of date. The pop ups become more and more frequent, like a child asking, "Are we there yet?" Until finally, you just let the darned thing update. Well, then I noticed the antivirus using more and more memory (I track TS3 memory usage). Then, I began having save errors. I turned off the antivirus and TS3 worked, but it turns itself back on after a while. Games won't load, won't save. Finally found this... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_defender-protect_scanning-windows_10/windows-defender-blocking-game-save-files/9e4a05e9-c220-4f5e-a9bc-6f5c79eab71b

So, not the antivirus, but malware protection, and as there was already that info, I'm not the first. But, this is my first day having tried the fix. Good so far.

@landess and @LadySmoks

So, I was annoyed with the mailman looking like a dork and hanging around the property so I used KW to change to female. 

Then I was annoyed at how ugly the transformed sim looked, so I then used nraas MC to take her into CAS. But first I entered the cheat for unlocking 

all outfits, to be able to give her the mail carrier outfit.

I decided to load a pre made sim in her place (in CAS) from some download and perhaps that is why I could later transform to shemale ? 

Although it could be that I just used the accessory for naked outfit, I don't quite recall. But I know what you mean about limitations 

with service and role sims. I can usually if not always ? transform any female townie npc into a shemale. Or, male to female then shemale. 

But you had mentioned some time ago, some sims have less complexity and this can't usually be done, which is why I think it may 

be because I replaced the role sim with a pre made sim that has that extra complexity ? More stuff to test and confirm I suppose.

It could well be that Harold is the headmaster at the HS, I have never used the HS feature. But there is a second Peeping Tom. 

Which reminds me... It could be that I replaced Peeping Tom using a feature in KW where you assign sims to replace KW default roles. 

From there I may have chosen a sim to replace Tom and then transformed to shemale ? I think that was how I started with Deborah DeRobertas. 

Replaced Tom with her, and then took her into CAS. And eventually transformed to shemale. Wish I could be certain.

So many things I have tried I don't quite remember all of it.

As for locking the door, I wish that were possible. Also I wish you could assign beds. But this was when I had my sim sleep over 

at others' homes and you can't lock the doors or set bed assignments on a lot you don't own. But maybe there is another way 

to do it ? I never explored further beyond clicking on a door or bed like you would on your own lot.

And lastly, so.... Hmmm... I have this thing with wanting KW to be more involved with npc's, besides just the public sex thing so....

Sleeping above the covers is intentional. I try to work up the women in the house to get aroused or horny prior to them going to sleep.

Then it is musical chairs to see if I can get my sim into the same bed. Wake the husband up even, and get in the bed while he complains. lol

Then it is wait and see what happens while they sleep. Your sim also doesn't appear to suffer any repercussions from sleep sex.

It is actually kind of funny how much effort I put in to this while playing. Half the time the sim stays up way late, or crashes on a couch or... 

sleeps on one of those damned rocking chairs (which I usually delete while in cheat mode/edit lot). 

Next time I try any of this I'll take notes and let you know.

19 minutes ago, James2112 said:

More stuff to test and confirm I suppose.

My problem is that I just go and try stuff, but really don't keep track of what works or doesn't. It's like the police asking an innocent person for an alibi... You really don't keep detailed account of where you are and what you are doing if NOT committing a crime and know you will need an alibi! )))

I have used KW at least once, perhaps a month ago (probably a little more), to change a mailman to female. I did not bother with her uniform. She still hung out and waited for someone to talk to her, but now I recall that she continued to like girls, so all that changed was HER gender. Apparently, the mailman was really a lesbian trapped in a man's body? )))

I downloaded Lunar Lakes, and took my family there. There IS a KW mailman that waits around. So far, none of my sims have autonomously gone to chat with him. Again, my game no longer comes to a grinding halt as it once did when he appeared, so I must watch for him. When he shows, I will do a gender switch. I don't play Futas/ shemales, so just male to female.

Also, I forget what the problem is with certain role NPC's. I remember using MC to place a taxi driver as a resident on an empty lot once, and hired him as a male whore to work in a bar I owned. I think the biggest thing was I could not call him on the phone?

33 minutes ago, James2112 said:

you can't lock the doors

Nraas debug. Click on a door anywhere and you get a bunch of menu options, including lock. Unlock only shows after it's been locked.

36 minutes ago, James2112 said:

Sleeping above the covers is intentional

You can just set the option to "always".

11 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

The reason I asked about killing Tom is that it hasn't worked for me. I have Rasputin(ed) him. Shot, stabbed, beaten, choked, neck broken... and he returns the next day, good as new. Hmmmm... maybe good old Russian poison!!!!!!!! ))))))))))))))

Or drop him in a frozen river. )))

But if that doesn't work, try Zuckerburging him.  (let's see who gets that joke)

16 hours ago, landess said:

The Mailman (it 'is' always a man now?) is like any other NPC - and can be taken into CAS for customization....

BTW, in the 409 codebase, the MailCarrier, PizzaDelivery, and Repairman are all hard-coded to be created as male.  For 375, it only had PizzaDelivery and Repairman forced to male-only. The MailCarrier code was added in 384.

8 hours ago, landess said:

Your Sim will only sleep on top of the covers if 'aroused' when going to bed.

Correct me if my memory is wrong, but isn't there a setting to "always sleep above covers"?  I didn't check, sorry, got tired. lol

10 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

The probability was discussed during your absence. That all of KW appears to have been forgotten by Oniki and that others were doing the newer builds as she worked on her other projects.

I may have actually mentioned that a long while ago, since I did find 3 different people's usernames in the DLLs. Can't quite recall if I did or not, though.

As I don't go as deeply as you, but still change wording in the STBL to things more realistic, I find redundancies, with maybe a word or two changed in strings, as if the original is lost in the mess, so just overwritten by whoever. Similar in the interactions menu which doesn't really work as advertised, and resets itself. I think there is a specific sequence that must be followed to make changes stay, or it's simply coincidence that some things I've changed worked?

It'd be nice if that was possible with everything, but there's a TON of hard-coded text strings in the code -- quite often that's where the French comes from. :(

Many... including me, really wish that KW was more modular, like Nraas mods... or at least had tuning that worked. )))

[rant]

Yep.  Oh, and since the dev of Passion resurfaced with a flurry of new versions, (and that's what I used until 'he' messed it up during an attempt to add in other crap 'he' thought was cool [but completely unrelated to the core mod's purpose] & then disappeared which drove me here) I took a look at it and found that instead of making the new new stuff OPTIONAL and separate mods, 'he' went and just dumped it into the base mod.  GRRRRR.  Almost like that dev and whoever the heck is working on this mod went to the same school of programming.   sigh.  At least the NRaas code is on github, so it could be changed & built to remove unwanted stuff... not that in their design there _is_ any need for that.

[/rant]

8 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

testing ... removing ... using Nraas MC, they still flirt, hold hands, watch the stars.

I seem to recall seeing some of this sorta score-based stuff in the KW save it puts into the Library.  (There's 2 files, if memory serves, and will be the latest 2 smallest ones... something like 4k and 10k in size.  For testing stuff you don't want permanent, it's best to backup your library & then restore it afterwards.  KW's kinda "sticky" when it comes to settings.  It has it's own memory space (variables on objects, etc) for some of the stuff, which is outside of what NRaas can alter.

2 hours ago, James2112 said:

I was annoyed with the mailman looking like a dork and hanging around the property

I kinda have that feeling with almost every single NPC that KW has.  lol

Oh, and tuning mods that would alter the EA Mail Carrier (adjusting how quickly they leave, etc.) don't seem to work when KW is installed.  I'm sure there's something in the code that is ignoring any other tunings & using hard-coded (in the KW script code) values for things... but brain has melted so not checking.

12 minutes ago, jdw6 said:

TON of hard-coded

I started getting that was piece-meal'd as well from your discoveries on the Kraken.

2 hours ago, James2112 said:

townie npc

I have tried a few times to get everyone 'onboard' with certain descriptions for Sims so they could be categorized properly for what they 'can' do/be done with 'them'. As it stands: I see LadySmoks seems to have been the most experimental in trying to get the 2 classes of sims to do different things.

Anyways, I try to be consistent with the NRaas descriptors:

>Active/Inactive sims are also 'playable' Sims. Sometimes also referred to as Townies in many older posts I've read.

>NPC's are as the abbreviation means - Non Playable Characters. These would be any Sim not falling into the first category.

Trying to make an NPC 'playable' can have unwanted results. I would assume this is because this type 'Sim' doesn't have a full record of scripts associated with the Playable Sims. The only time I tried it years ago - saved an NPC to the saved sims in CAS and tried using it when creating a sim - had strange things like Pet traits (only 3 instead of 5) and it would act up when I added the other categories of outfits beyond everyday and career. I forget exactly - only that there were issues and I decided against tht course of action in the future. It's possible this 'saved' sim could have been used as a template (customize looks) for an existing Sim which was already 'live' in game, as my experience was from using it during the official Create a Sim/Household for a new family to be saved to the household bin in edit world.

19 minutes ago, jdw6 said:

KW's kinda "sticky" when it comes to settings.  It has it's own memory space (variables on objects, etc) for some of the stuff, which is outside of what NRaas can alter

This is pretty obvious with the 'uniforms' feature KW introduces (including the nude venues) as NRaas has no way to recognize these files and can not alter them. Because of this, as I mentioned in an earlier/recent post - If I have 2 options between KW and NRaas - I always choose NRaas.

Sometimes KW reminds me of 'Apple' while NRaas reminds me of IBM (which is now basically PC/Windows).

18 minutes ago, jdw6 said:

don't seem to work when KW is installed.

I'm sure you recognize KW is 'activated' as a mod AFTER the save is loaded. It steps on everything at this point and only a mod which can be activated/altered manually once the game is running and KW has done it's thing has 'any chance' of changing that. Still - most any mod is made to change the EA default files which may not be possible once KW sinks it's literal 'Hooks' into the database after the program is built and executed per Sims 3 files followed by Mod files.

I was just having a look at the KW package files in S3Pe...

For anyone who has tried to mess with the KW mod itself, perhaps @jdw6... 

Can you just edit and save the ONIKI_KinkyMod.package or does a change require some kind of recompiling of files ? 

I would guess the mod is actually comprised of files we don't have access to and it gets compiled to the packages we have ? 

I will change a few simple things and see what happens, but beyond changing some text strings (just to quickly see if it works) I would be starting from 0 knowledge lol. 

If it is possible I will spend some time looking through for some of the more annoying features.

10 hours ago, jdw6 said:

409 codebase, the MailCarrier, PizzaDelivery, and Repairman are all hard-coded to be created as male.

Just one more stupid thing added that probably only one or two PAYING patrons wanted.

9 hours ago, landess said:

Trying to make an NPC 'playable' can have unwanted results.

As with brothels, my experience is that maids and butlers are the most complete "homeless" NPC's, although character NPC's like Bridget Hemlock and others of that caste, can also transfer directly to playable. Really, the only ones that seem to be lacking are drivers... taxi or buses. When you think about it, when do you ever see them in a social situation where your sim can engage them in conversation? They are like an object, stuck on the seat. BUT... if you zoom inside of the taxi or bus, you can click them, send to CAS or try any Nraas mod. The "Think of me" vampire interaction also works, but you can't click them in your friends list to call them.

1 hour ago, James2112 said:

Can you just edit and save the ONIKI_KinkyMod.package or does a change require some kind of recompiling of files ? 

While I can't answer this question directly, as with the statement I made about the Kraken in regard to the files being 'hard-coded': It appears that anyone can make changes without too much effort if they understand the 'language', with the rub being one must be sure the changes they make won't conflict with other references or values 'hidden' within other files.

This is why I brought up the Kraken reference as it perfectly demonstrates this issue. Initially flagged to act on specific sims, which then had other changes added to further 'refine' the flags used and eventually filtering even more values. Quite the bread crumb trail for something I'd imagine could've been handled much more efficiently or cleanly.

Of course some mods might be so dumb as to have to hold their hands and walk them through the entire process instead of giving them a 'map' at the beginning and sending them on their way.

15 minutes ago, asienna said:

Hi,

How come this is not available anymore?

I would really like to try it

Read carefully

You are mistaken - it's still available.

Hopefully you have better luck using this fairly complicated mod than you did downloading it.

Hi, I searched for this problem but I don't think anyone else has come across this issue. I started a brothel during gameplay last night and I hired one whore that was a resident and family member (not a member of the household). Upon loading the game today, she has disappeared and is now an out-of-towner. I have NRaas mods  installed (almost all of them) and I can't get her back, I have tried resetting her but nothing is working and I am not sure what happened. I have tried closing the business but that didn't work either. I am getting a notification of an error when I loaded the game, I am not sure if that is related to the sim disappearing:

CreateObjectWithOverrides: failed to create object!

Oniki. Utilities. SimTools.CreateObjectWithOverrides(String instanceName, ProductVersion version, Vector3 initPos, Int32 level, Vector3 initFwd, Hashtable overrides, ObjectInitParameters initData) in unknown: line 0

Oniki.Utilities.SimTools.Instantiate (SimDescription description, Vector3 position, ResourceKey outfitKey) in unknown: line 0

Oniki.Utilities.SimTools.Instantiate (SimDescription description, Lot lot, ResourceKey outfitKey) in unknown: line 0

Oniki.Utilities.SimTools.Instantiate (SimDescription description, Lot lot, ResourceKey outfitKey) in unknown: line 0

Oniki.Gameplay.Schedule.GoToWork (ActionNames action) in unknown: line 0

Oniki.Gameplay.Schedule.Proceed () in unknown: line 0

Oniki.Gameplay.BrothelManager.Update () in unknown: line 0

Sims3.Gameplay.Utilities.AlarmTimerCallback.Invoke() in unknown: line 0

Sims3.Gamplay.OneShotFunction.Simulate() in unknown: line 0

Sims3.Gameplay.Utlities.AlarmManager+AlarmOneShot.Simulate() in unknown: line 0

ScriptCore.ScriptProxy.Simulate() in unknown: line 0

TIA!

3 hours ago, itstoriduh21 said:

I hired one whore that was a resident and family member (not a member of the household)

Sounds like she moved. It happens, although rarely. Topic covered by Carl's Sims...

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/index.php?topic=6188.0

No clue what error codes mean. But as far as your brothel, limited choices. If that was your only whore, just end that brothel and start a new one, as you can't fire her now and you may continue to get error messages. If you have an established brothel with several whores that you would then need to rehire, you can just set her pay to $0.

Generally, residents are safe to use as whores and very rarely move to another town. I do not thing I have seen a resident in my game move since at least 5 or more years ago. Maids and butlers have been reliable NPC's that don't seem to disappear... and they don't get pregnant as a resident can. Other NPC's seem to disappear from time to time creating the problem you now have.

Another thought... You say she is an out of towner? So, her picture shows on your friends panel? Can you call her and invite her to visit??? IF... big IF... you can do that, and she visits your sims, use Nraas MC to add her back to your family, or add her to a house... Once a resident of your town, you can make her into a maid, at which point she becomes an NPC in your town. And as I said, maids don't seem to move away.

She may still be shown as a whore in your brothel and then go to work.

7 hours ago, itstoriduh21 said:

she has disappeared and is now an out-of-towner. I have NRaas mods  installed (almost all of them) and I can't get her back

I use NRaas Story Progression and have never had a family or single Sim move out of town. I have had them move to different houses - even splitting up a household - yet all have remained in the same world.

This most recently happened in my Roman/Greco save when I changed households from my Mythical 'Beasts'. I manually moved the Female Satyr and the Minotaur to a new home together - followed by moving the Succubus and Harpy to a new home together. This left Medusa, Perseus and the 'Skeletal Servant' in the home which had PLENTY of room, with a LOT of custom stuff like an amazing garden, archery range, multiple gem displays, Massage table, high dollar art/sculptures - yet after I made a new household and switched, I found this home I made empty....?  I did find these 3 had moved and split as well - Medusa in another home alone, while Perseus and the Skeletal Servant were together in another.

Still - no Sims have ever moved out of town on me - Playable that is as I don't keep track of NPC's - yet most I've ever customized are always found as I left them - tending whatever station/register/bar/booth I found them at.

>>> I did some research trying to find if there was an officially confirmed statement on this. EA's story progression IS known to do this, while I have read NRaas SP users claim it doesn't - but I wanted to hear it from Igazor or another reliable source before presenting it as fact.

I use NRaas SP as an EA alternative - I don't bother with any of the 'story plug-ins' and leave notifications OFF. The only 'tweaking' I did to the mod was disabling all the pregnant/can be pregnant castes as I play with aging off and no pregnancy - I had to as homes were filling up with babies that never age - Maternity HELL!

1 hour ago, landess said:

EA's story progression IS known to do this, while I have read NRaas SP users claim it doesn't

As it HAS happened to me (a long time ago), I can confirm, as well as the link to Carl's Sims being just one of several I found on the subject. What I can't confirm, is which story progression was running in my games at the time it happened... or what the settings were.

RE: @itstoriduh21  I didn't re-verify, but there is info on the NRaas site discussing emigration (the act of SP making sims leave the world) and under what situations that can occur, what settings to change to enable it, and what settings to adjust to increase/decrease it.  I have it disabled, and will probably never enable it, as I want more control over my world.

Incidentally, I'd highly suggest using NRaas Saver, keeping at least 10-20 past saves (or ALL, like I do, but I have many TB of space) and then you no longer have to worry about loosing sims, just lost time playing. :)

Making a complete backup of Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 and updating that backup only when you're sure everything is how you want it should be an obvious step for anyone dealing with massive core mods that heavily alters how the game runs.  If you don't, then, well, you're chancing loosing many hours/days/weeks of time in an instance, because KW didn't fully finish -- and probably never will -- much of the extraneous features it claims to have.  Those being anything unrelated to Sim A and Sim B having a growing kinky relationship (such as, but not limited to: acting, photoshoots, cam girls, call girls, brothels, drug dealing, kraken, zoolover, incestial relationships, etc.)  This is why many on here use the very old version 375, which was the last stable public release, even though the dev of KW removed it from being posted (nothing sinister there, the dev of Passion refuses to leave posted any version except the very latest, so returning to an older version is impossible... here, at least, there's a couple older releases left up).

The reality is this: surprise with KW should never be that it didn't work as expected, but that it did work as expected.  If you keep that one thing in mind, you'll not loose sims, loose saves (corruption can happen by mods adding traits that EA didn't create), or loose your mind.

RE:  @James2112  KW is written in an older version of C# and the source is not available.  It is compiled into a DLL.  There are tools to slightly decompile DLLs to look at some form of the source code, which is what I've done.  But I cannot compile it again, as the decompiled source is not compileable by nature, and as it's needing a version of Visual Studio from well over a decade ago, that version is unobtainable.

You can, however, alter the tuning and xml definition files in that (or other) packages.  Doing that works sometimes, other times, not (as the default values are hard-coded in the DLL and internally overwrites some things that are not in agreement with its ideas of what is correct or not.

Assuming that didn't make sense:  KW cannot be altered, or changed, by changing the package much in the same way that The Sims 3 cannot be changed just by changing some of the package files in the game's install directory.  (I'm sure that if someone could code up some C# code, and get it to somehow load after all of KW's attempts at being last, then what KW does, and what it keeps track of in it's variables, could be altered.  My understanding is that once all mods are loaded, everything is running in the same space.  But some stuff I read recently has me wondering if that might be limited to things inside the same game engine, and that there's multiple running.)

Best suggestion I have:  Let KW be KW.  Either accept it -- and all the quirks and annoyances that entails -- or (as I did for nearly 8 months) uninstall it and play without.  If you try to curtail KW from doing what its devs want it to do, then you'll wind up so frustrated and angry that you're snapping at people you love  In this worldwide time of struggle, filled with fear and sorrow from lost loved ones, anything that increases frustration levels is not worth the effort.

So, this time around, I plan on using KW in a completely separately maintained and run game world (swapping out the entire 'The Sims 3' folder, library, mods, saves, and all) as a non-normal fictional world for sims to screw around in (literally). While having the (attempt) at a multi-generational long-term world (more reflective of real life) ran without KW.

Last thing, as I realize I'm sounding preachy, I'm not a C# programmer, and have decades of disdain for the shoddiness of their coding habits.  Looking at KW's code, even in a decompiled manner, has only confirmed just how horrible that language is.  (Oh, and I've looked at the NRaas code, as well, and found much of the same lack of decent professional coding practices in it as well.  It's just less-bad, due to the much greater user-control given to change settings or not install various modules.  But both projects seem to be set up for only to be worked on by one person at a time -- not a worldwide team.  Really, both should be open-sourced, and opened up to the entire TS3 community for improvements.  There's so few people actually making things for this game that those of us who just want to play the game with a bit of this or that are lef at the mercy of unseen, uncaring, developers who either hide behind patreon or bitterly attack anyone who voices even the slightest sense that "all is not perfect" with the changes the devs put into their mods.  Coders, and of this I can speak, do tend to look at their projects like their children, and anyone having the gall to even suggest that "it's not working" is instinctively viewed (and treated) as if they just physically kicked their child.  That's a systemic issue with the software industry, most outside of it (including HR and management... bloody fucking wimps) aren't used to.  (noooooo I'm not bitter or anything. LOL)  Yeah, heavy morbid sarcasm is rampant among devs that aren't still wet behind the ears.

To end on a more positive note:  I think I started the whole KW code review project with a subconscious hope that I could figure out a way to get it to stop doing some of the stupidness that it does -- or at the very least, translate the bloody French that's stuck in the source -- but quickly found that would never be the case.  The conscious reasons (trying to gain a better understanding of WTF KW does what it does and take a fresh, hopeful, look at MS's dev languages), only partly succeeded.

1 hour ago, jdw6 said:

I'd highly suggest using NRaas Saver, keeping at least 10-20 past saves

For those whom want to archive saves - or like me - have many world/save series (I use the default rotating 4 / NRaas saver) Be aware the Save Selection screen will only show the first 100 saves. Players can make more, but they won't appear in the selection menu after one boots up the game and the 'New Game/Select Save menu appears. Just make another folder and move/copy saves to it if one needs room/wants back-ups.

I will create new save names when I make changes or add mods which I prefer to test first. Once I'm happy, I rename the saves 'back' to what they were originally. Easy to just put TEST at the beginning of the save names and then remove it when 'done'.

1 hour ago, jdw6 said:

get it to somehow load after all of KW's attempts at being last

If you are familiar with MSCmod: That is a 'sleeping' mod that will add Sims to a Club type venue - up to 25 max. It must be enabled using the console command <MSCMOD> and the menu only appears when the game is running - not paused. It will remember your settings for each club (player Sim must be at a club for it to function, but ALL clubs can be configured once the menu is active). This information is lost when the game is shut down, so the process must be repeated anytime a player wants more than the default max 10 Sims at a club per play session. I swear by this mod as 10 Sims feels incredibly empty.

Screenshot-621.jpg.f03b7a524d2be685634343b082543df7.jpg

This is the only mod I'm aware of which isn't 'active' at game start and could (?) be a template for someone wanting to 'overwrite' KW values/scripts. If it had a classic radial menu tab option, then I would say it's running at game start, but MSCmod doesn't. It requires that console command input....