[Sims3][WIP] KinkyWorld v0.37 [Updated: May 3rd 2019]

17 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

The resource that Nonsequitur posted has slots for "TEST" and "Probation", in addition to Overrides and Packages. So, it would be convenient to place new files into one of those. My recourse is set up a little differently, but similar, and my own test packages and downloads are separated from the main Package folder that way

For myself - they are ALL test until I play for awhile. Once I'm satisfied everything is not FUBAR, then I go in and begin separating and merging per my choice of file management.

I like to think we all have varying levels of OCD - which serve us well individually.

4 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

It's a possibility, as Merkle had said during his trials that only v1 worked for him. I'm 99.99999% sure I have the latest Net 4.0 update installed, but will of course check again. I'm also 99.999 etc % sure I always tried the newer version of cleaner. And it's been a long long LONG time since I used EasyCASP. Not even on my last 3 laptops... maybe even before.

THANKS! I'll download version 1 and try it when I get time. )))

Just tried running a cleaned save and ran into problems.  The UI panel is missing the face of my sim on the icon and over the top of the UI. 

image.png.7b40dbe0ebd6f7530b90fbbf938d79f6.png

Also,  Nraas MC doesn't work right.  I didn't time it but it loaded only marginally faster even though it reduced the file size from 200 MB to 77 MB.  Fortunately I had backed up my save first.  If you do try it, make sure you do the same.  I may try a manual clean later to see if that works better.

18 hours ago, James2112 said:

Try selecting your sim and changing the value of their attractiveness. I think you need to select your sim and then KW Debug (or similar) from the pie menu. As far as I know those score values are all set to 5. With every new game I spend way too much time changing every sims score as my household meets them lol. I can't remember how traits and Lifetime rewards affects this score if at all. You should be able to seduce if your sim has the mirror icon moodlet but I forget if that actually changes the attractiveness value, On the other hand, if you use KW Debug and adjust the attractiveness score to 7 (I think) or above, your sim should have the mirror icon moodlet added forever.... If that doesn't work, you can look few pages back, I had a problem with a few KW features, including seduce, and had to use nrass to reset the sims. That fixed the issue.

That's the answer I was looking for . I'll play around a bit. Cheers :)

18 hours ago, landess said:

I believe one can also change the KW/Debug/Attraction setting. 7 and above is the magic number I believe - easy enough to test.

How is a number value between 1 and 10 inaccurate? All sims default to 5 using the KW mod. KW mod is also responsible for the seduce interaction - they work together. Players can set it to what they want - values don't care about our pixels. You could make a 'rich ugly' sim attractive or a high level musician/rockstar, Looks aren't 'everything' - ahh now you start to get it.....

What physical traits? - there are lifetime points to spend on rewards and some of these alter values perceived by KW as noted by LadySmoks above. There are certain traits KW has added to the game which WILL be awarded and lifetime point rewards for doing certain actions or reaching certain milestones also. No reason to waste a slot on say - incestuous - for example. Sims will gain that by messing around with family a few times. No reason to purchase Slut or Pervert - they are awarded those for reaching level 10 woohoo. 

We all struggle with trying to decipher exactly what some of the mod features do and how they are linked to the base game, since there are also EP's used for some things which aren't always mentioned. One EP introduced the 'Irresistible' trait and it 'could' also be added to a hidden list of shit KW reads, but who really knows? We can only test or observe things and try to make a note or share them so this long ass post covers as much as we can figure out.

I was just making a joke about my self-sim being deemed unattractive :P. I was trying to ask how to change the values/traits to get attractiveness up, whether through changing traits manually or a gameplay way like maybe sending your sim to the gym to work out or doing stereotypical things like buying someone a drink or doing the housework. Perhaps I was not clear or a bit too informal. Thanks for the pointers anyway. :)

5 hours ago, just1mod said:

my self-sim being deemed unattractive :P

All sims start at 5 of 10 (I think)... not just your sim. I had forgotten about changing it in debug, but there IS a lifetime reward for attractive.

16 hours ago, landess said:

And rightly so. Over time when you're sitting there wondering why it's taking so long to load - is usually a good time to take action. After all it's only about time, which is something only the player can define as 'taking too long'.

Usually at this point one sees a comparative improvement - feels good about the actions they took, and move on.

The other point of my original question was whether you actually observed a significant difference.  It's not a given.  For example, if reading each of those .package files takes 100 msec (a pretty generous amount of time), then even 500 files would take only 50 sec.  From what you've described it sounds like you are observing a difference.  Care to take a stab at guessing how much faster your save takes to load?  How large was the reduction in the number of package files by merging?  In-the-ballpark numbers will do.  From these two bits of information we can make a rough estimate of the loading time per package file.  This would be the key number to use to estimate the amount of time saving one might expect for a given level of merging.

3 hours ago, merkle said:

From what you've described it sounds like you are observing a difference.

I'm sure you've heard the term 'compounding the issue'.

Merging package files is a small part of the issue that is longer load times. Bloated saves and number of package files read are a couple things we players have the power to affect. That is all we are getting at, and all it means. I'm not a programmer, nor have I deduced anything myself other than take what information I could find on the web to solve my own problems. Without taking steps some of my game saves would take so long as to not be played anymore as is. While some are still way too long for my liking, I do my best to keep them on a short leash lest I'm forced to abandon them.

No one said you or anyone else has to do anything recommended here. Merge - don't merge. Clean saves - don't clean. I'm only trying to share what I know for those wanting to. I have almost zero problems running the Sims 3, most all mods which are compatible, and other types of things like utilities made for the game. For some reason this gave me the feeling I'm doing something right and perhaps I should share or confirm what I know.

I'm not great at guessing, but I can list factual information concerning my install - Files sizes and number of files. Of course some information will be skewed because of 10 years of 'Simming' has me using a shit-load of Sims3Packs now effectively buried in the EA DCCcache as well as several merged packages holding a large quantity of individual packages. Most of this information I have already posted through various screenshots. Once someone wanted me to share my documents folder - when they saw the number of GB's it was - that request became null and void. Not that it would've done them any good without the associated x86 folder as well.

Anyways - up to you or anyone else reading. It's just a game. Do with it as you want. I have.

Spoiler

1422967724_x86Sims3.png.9b34ba749f867d9b63218a8d325b14cc.png1209950052_SimsDocs.png.d0438c2e1da2dca45b06f119b100ba55.png

1 hour ago, landess said:

Anyways - up to you or anyone else reading. It's just a game. Do with it as you want. I have.

Fair enough.  Everyone plays this game a little different, so what one person observes is not necessarily what someone else will see.  I'm just trying to get a sense of the 'scaling factors' which might help to estimate how big these effects might be for other users.  For example, if you have 500 package files and merge them to 250 and see a 1 minute reduction in load time, I can make a reasonable guess as to what I might gain starting with only 100 package files.  Of course, this is only one of many factors that determine how the game loads and plays and we can't automatically assume they all work independently, but at least we might be able to arrive at a seat-of-the-pants estimate within a factor of 2 or 3.

Right now I'm trying to understand the save cleaning process.  It caused problems for me when I first tried it, but I might be able to manually clean the save and avoid issues.  Is it going to be worth the effort in the end?  I have no clue.  My save loading times are only a couple of minutes, so that's not the primary issue.  Playing is often herky-jerky with stutters and lags, which are usually indicative of errors and corrupted sims and objects lurking in the game.  If I can clean these errors from the save to make gameplay smoother, that will be worth the effort.

But I have a higher priority right now.  My gardening service stopped working!!!!   I don't have time to tend this garden by myself and still get around pushing the stuff.

48 minutes ago, merkle said:

Is it going to be worth the effort in the end?

I will tell you, yes... eventually. As you mentioned having 100 packages, honestly, you could probably play on a notebook and not have issues. I have more than 100 packages just in my test folder. I have probably 200 or 300, or more hair packages. Accessories, clothes, SHOES... At one time, I counted more than 500 individual packages running, and that included several large merged packages. I've merged a number of packages since then, but my test CC continues to go up and up. 

Ultimately, you may build a sufficient collection of CC, and have a save that becomes bloated with imgs and snaps, and then understand. But, if you play with 100 packages, your sims don't travel, and memories is off, you might never have a load big enough to worry about. Landess has a lot more CC than I do, but because I am a travel whore, I need to clean my saves, as snaps and imgs pile up each time you travel. 

THAT might be a test for you! Travel... A LOT... and don't clean the save. See how long before the load slows to unbearable, and then error 12 pops up when saving. Again, if you only have 100 packages, it might take a while.

48 minutes ago, merkle said:

My gardening service stopped working!!!!

From my work with Plumbots, if you have ITF, build a Plumbot, give it the robotany chip, and forget about it!!!

1 hour ago, LadySmoks said:

I will tell you, yes... eventually. As you mentioned having 100 packages, honestly, you could probably play on a notebook and not have issues. I have more than 100 packages just in my test folder. I have probably 200 or 300, or more hair packages. Accessories, clothes, SHOES... At one time, I counted more than 500 individual packages running, and that included several large merged packages. I've merged a number of packages since then, but my test CC continues to go up and up. 

Ultimately, you may build a sufficient collection of CC, and have a save that becomes bloated with imgs and snaps, and then understand. But, if you play with 100 packages, your sims don't travel, and memories is off, you might never have a load big enough to worry about. Landess has a lot more CC than I do, but because I am a travel whore, I need to clean my saves, as snaps and imgs pile up each time you travel. 

THAT might be a test for you! Travel... A LOT... and don't clean the save. See how long before the load slows to unbearable, and then error 12 pops up when saving. Again, if you only have 100 packages, it might take a while.

I don't use a lot of CC.  Maybe I'll never need to worry about bloated saves and long load times.  I have Uni Life and I did notice that sending Sims to the U seemed to slow the game down a lot, so I suppose that's probably the same effect as travelling.  There isn't really that much to do at the U and I soon got bored with it and I don't do that anymore.

Everybody seems to play this game a little different.  Some go for a lot of CC.  Some like to build Plumbots.  I like to find or invent new and interesting things for my Sims to do...like become a drug dealer tycoon.  ?   That doesn't really require a lot of CC.  I once set up a commune on a large 64x64 lot with 6 Sims living on it.  One large house with 4 bedrooms.  Large garden plots to feed everybody (and keep them all supplied with weed)  and generate cash crops for sale to support the commune.   Babies galore.  It eventually became too much work to manage all those Sims, but it was fun for a while.  Different strokes...

52 minutes ago, merkle said:

same effect as travelling

Yes. When the screen changes, you are traveling. The game is now making doubles of all your sims, images of sims, memories and photos they have. Do that several times, and you see tremendous slowing, as the game reads all of that garbage that it won't use, because it is double... or triple... or etc etc... This is why save cleaning becomes necessary. That you did experience small slowing, you can multiply that in your brain to see how bad it can get. )))

52 minutes ago, merkle said:

Everybody seems to play this game a little different.  Some go for a lot of CC.  Some like to build Plumbots.  I like to find or invent new and interesting things for my Sims to do...like become a drug dealer tycoon.

Again, yes! My worlds are full of sims, mostly that I made and saved, or gave makeovers to in CAS (another game bloater). Saved buildings, saved houses... filled with CC items. Plumbots! One Plumbot nanny... one a gardener, one a maid, one the tutor, one the protector!!!! ))))

Landess did the drug dealer thing, so he may have more for you about that. I just know my Plumbot will autonomously tend the garden. The only thing she must be told is to dispose of dead plants, and to plant new ones. I have run brothels (have one now with Plumbot whores)... usually own a vampire bar. This game, I am also building and selling Plumbots. So yes... we all play differently. )

I currently have 10 sims in my household. I have had more. Often, I will just leave them to their own devices and become the voyeur, and see what they get into. ))) Eventually, I rotate sims out.

So, your current style, probably won't see many issues that come from travel and a lot of CC in the saves.

1 hour ago, LadySmoks said:

Yes. When the screen changes, you are traveling. The game is now making doubles of all your sims, images of sims, memories and photos they have. Do that several times, and you see tremendous slowing, as the game reads all of that garbage that it won't use, because it is double... or triple... or etc etc... This is why save cleaning becomes necessary. That you did experience small slowing, you can multiply that in your brain to see how bad it can get. )))

I think I made it worse by inviting Sims from the University world to visit, then getting one of them pregnant.  She went back, had a baby which aged to child then seemed to stop.  I got curious and went back to the University world but couldn't find him anywhere.  Just lost to the ether, but still stuck in the save somewhere.

8 hours ago, merkle said:

I think I made it worse

Probably. I basically do everything you probably should not. A lot of CC, nearly 8 GB... 3 merged packages of just hair that are more than 1GB each (1 is 1.5GB). A few hundred other package files (including several large merged packages). My sims constantly travel to several worlds (towns). I only run 5 or 6 EPs right now, but have several CC worlds in addition to ITF, WA and UNI, where my sims travel. I customize the towns and sims everywhere they go. All of this has the game creating more and more files, then when traveling again, more and more redundant files. I think that what saves landess is that he creates Disneyland. All separate themed worlds, and his worlds do not cross. He can verify that, but he talks about Mad Max world, and super hero world, Star Wars world... many more, and all separate. 

If you play separated worlds with one theme, only a few sims in it, only 100 packages of CC, never travel... you may never see any issues. )))

11 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

Probably. I basically do everything you probably should not. A lot of CC, nearly 8 GB... 3 merged packages of just hair that are more than 1GB each (1 is 1.5GB). A few hundred other package files (including several large merged packages). My sims constantly travel to several worlds (towns). I only run 5 or 6 EPs right now, but have several CC worlds in addition to ITF, WA and UNI, where my sims travel. I customize the towns and sims everywhere they go. All of this has the game creating more and more files, then when traveling again, more and more redundant files. I think that what saves landess is that he creates Disneyland. All separate themed worlds, and his worlds do not cross. He can verify that, but he talks about Mad Max world, and super hero world, Star Wars world... many more, and all separate. 

If you play separated worlds with one theme, only a few sims in it, only 100 packages of CC, never travel... you may never see any issues. )))

Thing is, I am seeing issues, but they're not loading times.  Hesitation, stuttering, lags, corrupted Sims repeatedly reported by ErrorTrap that I can't 'cure' by running through CAS.  These things seem to crop up at around 30-40 Sim weeks and get progressively worse.  Resetting doesn't help.  I'm inclined to believe they're the result of accumulated corruption somewhere, but I can't identify exactly where.  RAM usage is steady at less than 2GB (I increased the game usage to 4GB in the configuration file), so that's not it.  I have plenty of horsepower in my PC and the fact that it takes a while to show up indicates that it's not a hardware limitation.  I've been reading up on save file cleaning and I'm not sure that's the issue, but it's worth a try.  I experienced problems with SaveCleaner so I'll have to do it manually.  I'm going to read up on this some more and maybe try using a scalpel rather than a hatchet (SaveCleaner).

Update:  On MTS Igazor says if you have Patch 1.69, versions 2.x of SaveCleaner won't work at all.  Also, the missing portraits I experienced earlier may be a result of deleting the SNAP entries in the save game. (SaveCleaner is said to delete these but not IMG entries, but I haven't confirmed this.)  The game regenerates these, but it can take several minutes, and I didn't wait that long.  The old "move them out and move them back in again" gambit is also said to work.  I'll try these later.

Update2:  Confirmed that SaveCleaner 1.1 does not remove _IMG entries.  SNAP entries reduced from 8809 to 3 in one of my saves.

Update 3:  Loaded the cleaned save.  It took almost 6 minutes, but the portrait and icon images all returned.  However, there was no noticeable improvement in loading time or game play.  After 45 minutes I saved the game and it's still only 84 MB with 284 SNAP entries. 

Overall, no benefit for me.  That's my experience.  Your mileage may vary.

5 hours ago, LadySmoks said:

he creates Disneyland. All separate themed worlds, and his worlds do not cross.

1 hour ago, merkle said:

These things seem to crop up at around 30-40 Sim weeks

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

>Pretty much my play style was shaped by a few things both of these quotes address.

Themed worlds - means a lot of customized Sims. Using CAS is an issue contributing to save bloat as mentioned above. I can spend too much time doing this - taking every Sim into CAS for this reason, and prefer NOT to have to repeat that continuously. Which brings me to the second quote.

'Sim weeks' have no effect on me other than a build up of skills and inventory which I take time to manage. Because I play with aging off, I don't have problems that come with Sims aging up, dying, etc. In other words, I have less of the hidden files EA uses to manage this stuff. When a Sim ages up, the game 'rolls' new outfits - but remembers the previous 'Sim'. You can make a young adult. Take them into CAS and change them to a child. When live and aging is on - the game will age them 'naturally' and look what happens when they reach young adult.... They are wearing exactly what you had on them before at that age. Interesting?  Try using a 'young again potion' on an elder - as before they will look just like they did in a previous age bracket. The point here is playing with aging on creates files which IMO can help to create issues with the game the longer a save is played.

People forget EA designed the game without making exceptions for huge worlds, full of custom sims, while running a huge amount of mods or EP's/SP's. Over time they have attempted to address a 'few' things and mod makers have tried to address others (EA allows 'disable memories' in the setting for example. NRaas has Overwatch. Other people have made scripts to disable many other things). If one wants to play a 'legacy' save with many generations of a Sim Household, It really is best to 'move them to new neighborhoods frequently as family members die and new ones are born. This keeps the save 'fresh' as every move to a new world (not accounting for the mod which can links worlds to a single save) is like a new game, and the legacy family is just like any other family in the edit world bin.

Now with all the above to consider - Slap Kinky World into the mix and, umm, yeah - just let that sink in.....      Understanding the game is half the battle - doing something about it is the other half. I took the path of least resistance and greatest reward for what I want out of the game - endless reruns of a TV show (the Simpson's are how old? Yet Bart and Lisa are still children)

2 hours ago, merkle said:

Resetting doesn't help.

In the past on saves that I have played for years I found one 'solution', but it took a lot of work. In Bridgeport, I moved EVERY family to the bin, noting where they were living (since Sims will move around). I made a brand new game with Bridgeport and moved everyone out and deleted them. Then I moved back in all the 'originals' I saved to the bin. While this had the effect of erasing ALL relationships, they all kept everything else - skills, jobs, inventories, etc.

This did effect some jobs which had coworker or boss relationships, as well as issues for things like charisma skill or throwing fundraisers, etc. but the reward was a faster loading game which ran much smoother. Plus I kept all the hard work I did in CAS for the entire population.

Pro and cons - like EA: It's in the game......

Spoiler

2 hours ago, merkle said:

corruption somewhere

I've read a couple of places that once a sim is corrupted, it's done. As with landess moving them to bin, I have heard some say it cleans them, and some say the corrupted files travel there and back with them??? Just one more of the MANY he said, she said problems about sims fixes! A while ago, my Lady got corrupted... forget the issue now, but I had her in bin already, so I added her doppelganger to the household, transferred current clothing from the corrupted one, used cheats to set relations and deleted the corrupted one. IF I have a single corrupted sim, I may first move it to another household using MC and do multiple resets. When that doesn't work, I'll move it to the bin and try as landess said, but the last time it didn't work, and the sim remained corrupted. On a couple of occasions, travel fixed a sim, as (again, maybe landess said) it's not the same sim... thus all the new snaps, as the game is actually creating duplicates to place in the travel world. I guess that sometimes, it filters out whatever was causing the corruption?

When you deleted the snaps, how much did the package size reduce?

43 minutes ago, landess said:

People forget EA designed the game without making exceptions for huge worlds...

Some do, or don't know in the first place... we, obviously, understand that EA made TS3 to run vanilla, and that every mod or piece of CC we add is tipping an unstable set up toward it's low breaking threshold. We truly pushed beyond the limits, mostly thanks to Twallan and his Nraas fixes... which why I get so annoyed that Oniki decided to step all over so many of the Nraas mods with things she added to KW over the builds.

34 minutes ago, merkle said:

have any of you tried Sims 4?

No. The most I've done with TS4 is to convert a couple of things... WIP. One, may get uploaded soon, a full conversion of the Plazasims 2B. What I understand is that not being an open world turns off a lot of people. For me, it would be the way CAS options just aren't there. TS4, I make it blue, green and stripes, that's what you get. So, don't know anything about WW either, but there IS a thread here, and you can check there. 

I posted my thoughts on the TS3 64 bit reboot rumors. Too many still play 3, don't like 4 and 5 probably isn't going as they had hoped in dev, so back to the cash cow! Oh, MAC doesn't play 32 bit... but they ARE rumored to also be doing a Windows remake too.

So, you see the file size saved. Now, for those with a load of other stuff... CAS sims, CC in every saved house, bars placed, etc... things that bloat a save, cutting that 130+ MB helps.

57 minutes ago, merkle said:

Maybe this is heresy, but have any of you tried Sims 4?  It does seem odd that everyone is still playing Sims 3.  Pros/cons?  Steam has an insane sale on Sims 4 right now.  How does the WW mod compare to KW?

I finally took the dive into the sims 4 during this latest sale. At $4.99 hah. It's possible the gameplay isn't near as bad as some might say, I haven't decided yet myself, but Wicked Whims is nowhere near as interesting or complex like Kinky World is. As a comparison, KW has kept me interested in Sims 3. WW won't do that for Sims 4 in the long run, for me at least.

43 minutes ago, LadySmoks said:

So, you see the file size saved. Now, for those with a load of other stuff... CAS sims, CC in every saved house, bars placed, etc... things that bloat a save, cutting that 130+ MB helps.

Difference in loading time was negligible.  Loading a saved game includes a lot of stuff going on.  If you shorten something that's only a minor contributor, you're not going to see much of a difference.  Try for yourself and see if it makes a difference for you.  If it does, great, but for me it had no discernable impact.

1 hour ago, merkle said:

Try for yourself and see if it makes a difference for you.

I clean my saves often. Caches are cleared on each start up. Saves get manually cleaned every 5 to 10. When you start with a clean save, AND (unlike you), are running nearly 8GB of CC that is being read on load AND during save, with every other NPC sim customized (can't clean out SIME and SIMO files) and customized home, and community lots, what you call "negligible" can mean the difference between a good save and an error 12. As I said before, as long as you play the way you do, and with only 100 total packages, which is less than I have in just my CC test folder (516 MB), you will be fine.