[Sims3][WIP] KinkyWorld v0.37 [Updated: May 3rd 2019]

4 hours ago, Patriguz said:

I keep seeing the same questions over and over again

No one can read. A question will be asked two posts after it was answered. I do not use pet animations, but look at Mike 24 to laugh. He removed his pet animations, so people post to ask for a copy. Landess said he would share, send him a PM. One person says thank you. The next post is someone asking for the file.

I also become frustrated. I look, and sometimes just turn the page when it is a stupid question, or one asked only 2 pages ago. I will NEVER answer someone who joined LL, downloaded KW and posted their whiny question less than one hour later saying "It doesn't work".

Take care!

I appreciate getting your guidance on this, Landess.

Installing Framework with it's Resources.cfg files got my mods working. Still don't see "Animations" under KinkyWorld>Settings : \

PS.
Didn't someone think to ask if I had Framework (or it's Resources.cfg file) installed? And why didn't I read those instructions before. I'm glad to get the help though. Well, in my defense...  I don't have much of one but I didn't find that link/ guide until later on, recently. And I don't think the Framework was listed as Required in the Kinky mod's description, right?
https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files 

38 minutes ago, ntblood said:

Do I have the right mods installed in my screenshot. I should as I downloaded all the requirements.

I see a couple of folders that possibly shouldn't be in the Packages folder. A couple of .bin files? 

Take that Packages folder, move it to desktop for safe keeping. Create a new Packages folder inside of your Mods folder. Install ONLY Oniki_KinkyMod.package ... NOTHING else. Clear caches and start a NEW game. Tell us what happens.

Something you have in your Packages folder, possibly those .bin files, is blocking the mod from loading.

1 hour ago, ntblood said:

Ok, so I appreciate getting your guidance on this Cranky Wanker ; )
Kinky is still no appearing in the radial-dial unless I'm doing something wrong.. well I must be (?).
Here's a screenshot of my radial dial when clicking on my sim. It changes depending on what's happening (which I'm guessing is normal.)
https://ibb.co/SV0CqFM
Also, I moved all my package files for the mods to the place you said.
New location:
C:\Users\<my name>\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Packages
https://ibb.co/8bydvMz
Do I have the right mods installed in my screenshot. I should as I downloaded all the requirements. Any ideas?

Do you use this Framework for mods that is talked about here (actually it has just two packages in it, NoBuildSparkles & noIntro
https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Installing_Sims_3_Package_Files/Setup_and_Files

PS.
I was asked, "Do other mods work? i dont know which one is the Kinky mod's package, but maybe you can try giving it the highest priority
priority is alphabetical but i dont remember which direction."
My answer: I'm not exactly sure if the other mods are working other than the installer version of the de-pixelator is working.

Did you follow the instructions at the MTS link?  You can't just create a packages folder.  You need the resources.cfg file, too.

The resources.cfg file I need is included in the Framework right.  I installed it. Mods working. Except..

It seems like the Framework install might have fixed things. My mods are definitely working now except I have a small issue. Under Kinky World >>> Settings >>> I cannot find "Animations."  So I just can't figure registering my animations for Kinky..

"Inside game click in Kinky World >>> Settings >>> Animations >>> Position lists write the name: [said package name]."

I can use the cheatcode to edit my sim but is there supposed to be a "create a sim" option when I start a new game? I don't see it. Do you have to buy an expansion to have that? I thought I saw it somewhere but I can't find it now. Anyway, they don't say in the CAS Guide where to access the menu:
"Do you accept the stock Sims that the game provides or do you change a few features here and there? Let's jump in to the Sims gene pool and mix it up a bit.
First we need to open up CAS. When we first open up CAS, the program will give us a random Sim. Once we have a Sim here, we can change just about anything to do with that Sim. The first screen we are presented with is the basics. Anyone that has ever created a Sim will be familiar with this screen."

LadySmoks - Thanks.  I did what you suggested to get rid of the bin files and start over with a new save/new game just to be sure.
Know of any invisible night/bed wear outfit mod?
There's this but it's day wear (unless it can be edited?) https://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/103?tab=posts

46 minutes ago, ntblood said:

Kinky World >>> Settings >>>

Woohoo> The place to register animations is there. Yes, there should be create a sim on the new game start up.

On 12/2/2020 at 12:51 PM, landess said:

One can still simply use the EA default 'try for baby'. NRaas Woohooer adds "risky" options as well. KW - well, it is what it is.

Moodlets - ignore them or use NRaas/Master Controller/ Intermediate/ Moodlets/ remove moodlet......  KW has a few options for the notifications as well, but it's more generalized than custom toggles for every feature.

22 hours ago, merkle said:

If you drill down into the KW settings there is a group of settings for menstrual periods.   I don't recall if you can turn it off completely, but you should be able to find it easily.   I also don't know what would happen if you turned it off completely.  You might disable pregnancy altogether.  I don't think there's a way of turning moodlets off.

Ultimately unfortunate news for me, I suppose, but thanks for taking the time to answer.  Good to know I'm not just too blind and/or stupid to find the setting I was hoping for.

1 hour ago, Just Checking said:

Ultimately unfortunate news for me

I think I understand what you mean. A while ago, before KW, I had installed a mod that turned off the "She has just been impregnated" chime or music (forget now), because I wanted it to be a surprise, like real life can be. 

You have a few options. In the KW settings menu, you can change the cycle so the female is fertile (ovulating) longer, and other parts of the cyle are shorter. Be sure to set override cycle on. The fertile moodlet is another issue. I believe that some later builds have a "fertile map". You can try turning that off, if you have that feature. Last resort would be to open the KW mod itself using s3pe and delete the moodlet. Also in KinkyBuffs, open that with notepad, and delete the buff string. For these, PLEASE MAKE A COPY OF THE KINKY WORLD MOD BEFORE TOUCHING ANYTHING!!!!!!!!! 

Bold and red because it's kind of important. If you screw up, you can just put the back up in. )))) Now, not even sure that will work, as I have never had a reason to try it. It may still create a blank where the moodlet would go.

Landess and LadySmoks, thank you...

Register animations in KinkyWorld: location
"Kinky World/Settings/Woohoo/Packages - at the bottom of that menu BELOW installed animation packages will be the option to register new animations - typing in an existing name will remove it also. Be sure to check the animation OP's for the exact name to place here - not all creators used the same'format'. "

3 hours ago, ntblood said:

LadySmoks - Thanks.  I did what you suggested to get rid of the bin files and start over with a new save/new game just to be sure.

To be clear for anyone reading this:

I mentioned that I saw the .packages were shown to be in the x86 location. I also mentioned this is not where the majority of mods go. This doesn't mean certain files required to be there should be removed - when one doesn't know and begins arbitrarily deleting certain files needed for a program to function - the game will cease to work properly.

If one deletes files they THEMSELVES have placed - then the game 'should' run okay - as long as other files the player installed elsewhere don't call on those to function - THIS is what I meant about some mods require placing files in the x86 locations - "usually" concerning the world/towns themselves - the files the game uses to build the game before it is further customized by mods/saves/player choice.

Hearing of someone deleting BIN files raises alarms in my head.......

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I can't stress this enough - KNOW the address locations of files - this is why consoles were made - not everyone seems concerned with technical accuracy!

5 minutes ago, ntblood said:

Do you mean the Sim's radial-dial > Kinky World > Settings > Woohoo > Animations

packages.png.41b6ec7f3f2d20eb6940a5a492d77e92.png

Older shot I made showing this: The one at the bottom which is not shown (scroll menu down) is the one a player chooses to register animations, afterwards the animation name show here as well along the rest.

I see, the line is at the top there. "Add animations Package."  Thank you! And I see it will move to the bottom when you click on the little arrow.
One issue I'm having after copying and pasting in the animation names is that they don't all register. Only a few seemed to work.
I put in these names exactly (copy/paste) with no spaces afterwards:

L666_Animations       
L666_RapeBdsm_Animations    
KW_Amra72_Animations   
mike24_lesbian_bed          
kw_mike24_lesbians
kw_mike24_classics
kw_mike24_pets    

And only these 2 show up:
L666_Animations  
L666_RapeBdsm_Animations
As well as two others that were already there:
kinkystages  and
kw_mike24_classics
Here's a screenshot:
https://ibb.co/hyxvpT3

Does "animation OP's" mean (animation..) operating procedures?

I think re-launching the game re-created those bin files so it's all good. Thank you!
a nav.bin and one with an email address.bin

20 hours ago, Clydie said:

Would like to add :

See the posts 16909 and 16913 on page 677 of this thread........

So I've tried with only KW and....they don't do anything...not a single thing....tried whoohooing alone, cancelled itself out. Whoohooing with somesim...nothing. Have no idea what is wrong...

1 hour ago, LadySmoks said:

I had installed a mod that turned off the "She has just been impregnated" chime or music (forget now), because I wanted it to be a surprise, like real life can be.

I wish this had been the reason I chose to use this mod. I myself had an issue I couldn't identify, which resulted in this 'music box sound' being played/looping about every 10 seconds in a particular save. Having pregnancy turned off - this didn't make sense, and was pretty much making me insane.

I went through all the things I could think of to fix it - checking settings, resetting the world, looking for pregnant Sims, etc. etc. etc.

I finally gave up and found the mod at MTS which removes this sound effect from playing (I also chose another which removes EA default woohoo 'harp music') I know I know - this only removed the symptom, not the cause - and to this day I think about why it happened, is it still happening even though I don't 'hear' it (?), but life goes on and I haven't had anymore issues because of it or my 'solution'.

I think re-launching the game re-created those bin files so it's all good. Thank you!
a nav.bin and one with an email address.bin

Yay!

Does "animation OP's" mean (animation..) operating procedures?

OP - Original Post - sorry for any confusion. But this also means by going to the original post, one should find the the proper 'operating procedures'.

I never copy paste this info - I type it in. One can write information down and look at it for reference when doing 'data entry', or try their hand at 'short term memory' accuracy and alt-tab in and out of the game while an entry menu is on screen to look at the source material.

Concerning KW animation registry name formats:

1) ALL animations include 2 files - one has the animations itself (the hard work animators do) and the other/smaller file has the information a mod uses to identify and apply the larger animation file.

2) The usual format has the registration file begin with kw_

Clydie himself has recently altered this file of his to 'fall in line' with the others using this form - since my shot above is older - one can see my use of his animations package used the old registration name, and shows this 'format' is out of convenience - not a required thing as a creator could name this file ANYTHING.

>I bring this up since most ALL creators have done it this way (kw_) so that would be one of the first things I look at when troubleshooting animations not registering or playing.

Edit - Lastly on 'typing it in' - programs can and sometime will differ on how player input is handled. I've seen using 'backspace' to fix a typo doesn't allow what was typed to work and needed to go back and 'get it right the first time'. While this isn't the case for KW animation registration, it's a habit I got into and sure wish I could use copy/paste when adding underwear ID numbers to KW  :) 

On 12/1/2020 at 11:54 PM, merkle said:

I've used condoms both ways - in the box and out of the box.  They both worked, so don't waste your time barking up that particular tree.  The only condom setting I know of is the one you seemed to have found. 

A few things I can think of, and I apologize if these sound obvious or if you've already tried them...

1. They have to be in your personal inventory and not the household inventory.
  2. Try deleting them and buying new ones.  They may have gotten corrupted somehow.
  3. AFAIK, the only place to get boxes of condoms is the grocery store and ordering them on your phone/computer.  They're the pink Pleasuremax box.  You can also buy individual ones using the condom dispenser.  If you got them from someplace else (e.g. from some other CC that generates condoms) that could be why KW doesn't recognize them.
  4. Quit the game and clear out the cache files.  Many times I've had persistent errors cured by this.

I've never seen this before so I'm just throwing out ideas.

Okay I did just that. However; now they won't whoohoo at all. Like it cancels out like there's animation even though there is...the option comes up(whooho alone and whoohoo with...) but that's it. They accept but doesn't the action. With both sex(m and F)

@msinukami

I don't use Passion, so you'll have to check for yourself anything I bring up.

1st off - are you still using both KW and Passion?

If so, I can't help anymore.

If you removed one or the other - did you properly remove them? KW requires players to 'unregister' 1st before removing the mod so the save it was used in can be 'cleaned' of script which would remain (with nothing to reference) if KW was simply removed from the package folder without care. This must be done on every save using KW if those saves are to be used after KW removal.

Since I don't 'know' PASSION, I can't say if it has any requirements when removing it as well.

If mods aren't handled properly, any save using them could likely be corrupted if played and saved again without proper care. One could go back and use a previous save if everything was restored as the save 'remembers' it - allowing one to progress safely using proper procedure. This drastic occurrence usually only applies to mods with script usage. Mods which only contain objects like furniture/clothes/patterns will have their contents substituted by the game with other options by default.

I bring up corruption as it seems you are experiencing a cascading series of failures the more you 'play'.

8 minutes ago, ntblood said:

I got these two error statements:

That only tells me one (x2) thing:

When entering those names into the registry for KW animations - the mod searched for the associated files, and didn't find them.

At this point I would double check to make sure I have both files included with a particular animation 'set' in the correct location. This is how it works. One or the other (or both) are not in the proper location.

>Older animations originally made to work with Animated Woohoo will mostly work in KW and the entry will have 'Legacy' automatically added to the registration. The exact reasons for the change to 'KW" animations is unknown to me. The mod says use KW animations, I do it. Older animations which were compatible showed changes automatically. Others I removed from the package folder.

I'm starting to realize I'm once again repeating myself on a lot of things I've posted before... So unless something NEW pops up, gonna go play some games myself for awhile......

Here is a screenshot of all my packages files and with location:
https://ibb.co/wW89wgX

"kw_mike24_classics"             registered   (all typed in as shown, with under-scores, and without the quotation marks)

"KW_Amra72_Animations"    won't register  (typed in or pasted)
"kw_mike24_lesbians"           won't register  (typed in or pasted)

"mike24_lesbian_bed"              file doesn't seem to be in Mike24 Animations downloads
"kw_mike24_pets"                << same thing as above, can't find there >>

(And what animations I have loaded successfully:
https://ibb.co/qjB2qQw  )

===========
I went to the download pages and tried to find what I needed but still can't find these two:

mike24_lesbian_bed
kw_mike24_pets    

In fact I downloaded every single file from the Mike's animation downloads and those two files weren't in any of them (?).
https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/3194-the-sims-3-mike24-animations-for-kinky-world/

Mike24 Animations:
The files are referred to in the mod description though so I'd think they're somewhere (they're required for Kinky mod):
"Install: Put these files into your carpet mod, dont forget register with the name "mike24_lesbian_bed" for animated wohoo and "kw_mike24_lesbians", "kw_mike24_classics" and "kw_mike24_pets" for Kinky World."

7 hours ago, landess said:

I mentioned that I saw the .packages were shown to be in the x86 location.

There was another post with a normal set up, Docs> EA> Sims3> Mods> Packages, that showed .bin files in that Packages folder. 

6 hours ago, landess said:

mod at MTS which removes this sound effect from playing (I also chose another which removes EA default woohoo 'harp music')

Probably the mod I had, being that everything I did years ago was from MTS. Safe zone for newbies!

7 hours ago, landess said:

@msinukami

I don't use Passion, so you'll have to check for yourself anything I bring up.

1st off - are you still using both KW and Passion?

If so, I can't help anymore.

If you removed one or the other - did you properly remove them? KW requires players to 'unregister' 1st before removing the mod so the save it was used in can be 'cleaned' of script which would remain (with nothing to reference) if KW was simply removed from the package folder without care. This must be done on every save using KW if those saves are to be used after KW removal.

Since I don't 'know' PASSION, I can't say if it has any requirements when removing it as well.

If mods aren't handled properly, any save using them could likely be corrupted if played and saved again without proper care. One could go back and use a previous save if everything was restored as the save 'remembers' it - allowing one to progress safely using proper procedure. This drastic occurrence usually only applies to mods with script usage. Mods which only contain objects like furniture/clothes/patterns will have their contents substituted by the game with other options by default.

I bring up corruption as it seems you are experiencing a cascading series of failures the more you 'play'.

I have taken passion out and tried a new save file as a practice file which meant the only thing I have is KW. I'm going to work more on the practice file and see what's up.

16 hours ago, msinukami said:

Okay I did just that.

You're going to have to be more specific.  You did what?  I listed four things to try.  What was the result of each?  None of them will break the animations, so you must have done something else.

When troubleshooting, there are two ironclad rules to follow (not just for KW but for any kind of troubleshooting):

1. Don't change too many things at once.  Sometimes one at a time is advisable.  Otherwise, if things go sideways it's a lot harder to figure out what caused it.  Changing a lot of things at once might also fix the original problem while creating a new one.  Be methodical.  Patience is a virtue.
  2. ALWAYS make a backup.  Then if things go wrong you can always get back to where you were.

And with TS3, whenever you make any changes to the game, always clear the cache files in between loadings.  Always.  Landess posted a nifty batch file here (cclear) that does it all in one shot.  I'm sure you can find it if you search for it.