Obscure patches (January 2022)

View File

Skyrim Special Edition files are available in my SSE discussion thread.

Obscure patches are a collection of patches and small mods I made to tweak my own game.

I am releasing them here in case anyone is interested in giving them a try.

Some disclaimers:

- These patches require their original mods (follow the links provided on this page)
- I have no intention of supporting them beyind answering a few questions or quick fixes. I do not need to embark on any new mod at this time.
- These are released as loose files only, which means you will have to remember to delete the patches (and their scripts) if you ever upgrade the original mods they are based on.

Devious Devices 4.0 patch

Description:

• Fixes activation of random effects for custom devices (like the Milk Harness in Stories or critters in Parasites)

Requirements: Devious Devices Integration 4.0

Puppet Master Patch

Description:

- Added support for storageUtil triggers to cast the Puppet Master spell in a script
:: Used in Hormones, Alicia and Mind Control)
- I will remove it if Puppet Master is ever updated with similar scripted calls.

Requirements: Puppet Master 1.7
http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/463-puppet-master/

SexLab Dangerous Night Patch

Description:

- Added safeguards to prevent warnings in logs for empty locations and keywords
Requirements: SexLab Dangerous Night 2.2
http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/500-sexlab-dangerous-nights-2/

SexLab Release Patch

Description:

- Disabled 'release' while riding a horse
- I will remove it as soon as SexLab Release is updated.

Requirements: SexLab Release 1.3
http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/790-sexlab-release-v13/

SexLab Warm Bodies Plus

Description:

- Added support to get warmth from additional activities (running, fighting, riding a horse, combat)
:: Updated for compatibility with Frostfall 3.0 (old Frostfall no longer supported)

:: Added global variable to configure the base heating rate

:: Added compatibility with my other mods (Stories, Hormones and SD+)

Spoiler

The variable to change in the console is:

set _slff_baseRate to 0.5

The default value is 1.0, which keeps the original settings in place.

Values larger than 1.0 will make Warmbodies more generous with heat points.

Values lower than 1.0 will make it harsher.

I did not try with a value of 0.0 yet.

- See full description here: http://www.loverslab.com/blog/60/entry-423-sexlab-warm-bodies-tweaked/

Requirements:
http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/514-sexlab-warmbodies-frostfall-plugin/

Priests of TERA

Description:

- Added unique outfits for priests across Skyrim to reflect their divine role
- Made armors more rare and exotic (limited to merchand, caravan and boss level loot)

Requirements:
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/25846/?

Jack Ga Monster Lore

Description:

- Contained new creatures to Eastmarch and Halljmarch
- Added book to Arcaeneum to make new creatures more lore friendly
- Added a few tweaks to select locations to fit in the back story

Requirements:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=222035755

SexLab Skooma Whore

Description:

:: Packaged updated scripts
:: Fixed missing SexLab property

Requirements:
http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1378-sexlab-skooma-whore/

SexLab Stop Combat

Description:

:: Fixed incorrect SexLab property

:: Plugged a bug about missing values to trigger sex scenes (needs to be more tested)

Requirements:
http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1057-sexlab-stop-combat/

Wolfclub

Description:

:: Added conditions to scenes and scripts (trigger only in the cave)
:: Changed location of final chapter for better compatibility with SD+

Requirements:
http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1523-wolfclub-20150924-alpha/

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    01/17/2015
  • Category
  • Requires
  • Special Edition Compatible
    Yes

You got the year wrong in the title. :P

Thanks... I will fix that.

I worked on these patches on and off for the past year or as needed.

I am just consolidating them now in case anyone needs them.

Also.. don't expect anything fancy or polished.

There patches are playable, but they are certainly incomplete (especially the Tera armor and JackGa monsters).

My hero on that frostfall patch its always bugged me that running never effected my exposure living in new england i've jogged a bit a few times to help warm up a bit plenty of times I woulda made something like that myself if I had a clue how to or the patience to learn how. 

It makes Frostfall + SexLab a lot more tolerable.

You can still die from exposure very easily in a snowstorm, so dress up warm, but the little boost of warmth when running or fighting helped me survive more than once.

I always carry a hood/cloak/30 pieces of firewood but this will help me get a bit further i've burnt though all my firewood before moving from windhelm to winterhold a few times exp if a major blizzard is roaring unless i'm a vamp but only my assassins are usually vampires. And ive  died more than once getting unlucky with fights taking more time causing me to run out of firewood. I used to use a immersion patch to add fires at a few points but it was found to be causing me ctds near winterhold so I was forced to drop it.

I always carry a hood/cloak/30 pieces of firewood but this will help me get a bit further i've burnt though all my firewood before moving from windhelm to winterhold a few times exp if a major blizzard is roaring unless i'm a vamp but only my assassins are usually vampires. And ive  died more than once getting unlucky with fights taking more time causing me to run out of firewood. I used to use a immersion patch to add fires at a few points but it was found to be causing me ctds near winterhold so I was forced to drop it.

Which immersion patch was that?

This one http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/55872It was causing ctd every time I got close to entering winterhold via the road from windhelm. It adds fires to key spots that one would think there would be one ie; the tower on the way up to bleak falls barrow. Now I served in the mass nat guard a decade ago the first thing we did when we ran a drill on top of a frozen mountain (at least once we got some shelter setup) was get our heaters going so why don't a group of bandits have a fire going there?

This one http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/55872It was causing ctd every time I got close to entering winterhold via the road from windhelm. It adds fires to key spots that one would think there would be one ie; the tower on the way up to bleak falls barrow. Now I served in the mass nat guard a decade ago the first thing we did when we ran a drill on top of a frozen mountain (at least once we got some shelter setup) was get our heaters going so why don't a group of bandits have a fire going there?

Nice find. It looks very handy.

I have been wondering the same about that tower near Bleak falls barrow every time I nearly froze to death on my way up.

I'm not sure why it would crash in Winterhold.

I took a quick look in TES5edit and the only thing it does there is to add a single campfire.

I am not having any CTDs there either so far.

Likely it was due to a conflict i tend to run close to 255 at all times like right now im at 250 actives. Ive been tempted to regrab it and delete anything to do with the winterhold area exp now I recently started using jk skyrim complete so all my towns/citys have a overhaul now.

I also run JK's awesome mods and that campfire happens to not conflict at all... it is next to the Jarl's house in CK editor if you are looking for it. Just a plain campfire scaled down a little bit.

Ill try it again all I have to do is use lal to put a char at the collage if I crash trying to leave then ill just drop it again. I have a habit of only destroying campfires if they will be in the way of someone and usually I stick them off the side of the trail so on future runs its just a light warm up and go. Altho I initially did that out of both laziness and because my system had a hard time with frostfall but now everything runs so much smoother. For christmas my brother boosted my cpu by 2 cores and 100 mhz combined with the gpu upgrade he did few months prior and some tweaking to my ini scripts just don't lag much if ever anymore.

Well thats interesting I had to go out a few hours ago so never got a chance till a few minutes ago to run that test. Looks like im good to go with that mod again woot! Made a quick char starting at the college and I was able to walk all the way out without issue im happy whatever it was conflicting with is gone now.

Well thats interesting I had to go out a few hours ago so never got a chance till a few minutes ago to run that test. Looks like im good to go with that mod again woot! Made a quick char starting at the college and I was able to walk all the way out without issue im happy whatever it was conflicting with is gone now.

Great.

That saves me having to add another patch to this list :)

Small bug in the Dangerous Nights archive, the top directory is SexlabDangerousNights not Data so it creates a new directory in Data with a sub directory of Scripts (sorry hope it's clear what I mean). Easy to correct but I thought I'd let you know

Thanks... I packaged them all like that. I will revisit them and move everything in a Data subfolder.

I also added the code for beds to the DN patch and it seems to be working.

Brilliant, that bed clipping drives me crazy

The bed clipping is exactly why I stopped using the mod. It just bugged me to much.

Thanks... I packaged them all like that. I will revisit them and move everything in a Data subfolder.

I also added the code for beds to the DN patch and it seems to be working.

Brilliant, that bed clipping drives me crazy

The bed clipping is exactly why I stopped using the mod. It just bugged me to much.

I dropped it down to 0% in cities, elsewhere I'm using a travellers bedroll (from RND iirc) so it's not a problem then

Yeah I thought about doing that, since I use Frostfall and camp at times. But I use followers and it always seemed a bit strange they wouldn't do anything. In a city you could pretend someone broke in while your follower was in there room, but then you had the bed clipping. Plus I needed to trim my mod list some so it ended up being one of the ones that got trimmed. :)