Any idea why why I'm getting compile errors?

You don't have Racemenu or at least NiiOverride installed.

Oh, perfect. Thanks. Always annoying to compile scripts when using MO... Had to extract the source scripts from the BSA and throw them into the actual data folder (non-virtualized path).

Dummy is initialized with NPC[0]... which is filled by the result of a SexLab.FindAvailableActor().

This function can return None when it doesn't find anything, so Dummy == None can happen.

I looked at the morality conditions again and it seems they are simply inverted. Morality = 0 means very low morality, so it doesn't make any sense that value goes with the 'very high' morality setting from mcm.

I inverted the checks... let me know if this is working better.

The original morality conditions are actually correct. That mixed me up the first time I saw it as well because the definitions of the MCM setting are odd.

mcm.moral == "Low") || (NPC[X].GetActorValue("Morality") <= 2 && mcm.moral == "Medium") || (NPC[X].GetActorValue("Morality") <= 1 && mcm.moral == "High") || (NPC[X].GetActorValue("Morality") == 0 && mcm.moral == "Very High"

Moral Setting Definition:

• Low: No moral limit (therefore no AV morality check)
  • Medium: Only highly moral people won't attack (so <=2)
  • High: Normal citizens won't attack (so <=1)
  • Very High: Only most lawless will attack (so morality=0 only)

As for my comment about  "If Dummy == None" the point there was that when the morality check fails, NPC[X] is set to None. However, this never impacts Dummy.

Therefore I think the fix should be changing "If Dummy == None" to the following:

If (NPC[0] == None && NPC[1] == None && NPC[2] == None && NPC[3] == None)

skyrimll: The code above plus your catch on the initialization bug (X=1 instead of X=0) fixes the morality issue. The While loop is pretty oddly coded and could be cleaned up, but it works so I didn't touch it.

The dead NPC issue still needs to be addressed and I can't help but think it's more of a framework question, as the function to grab the NPCs seems to be grabbing dead actors when it shouldn't.

A third issue... not a bug but an annoyance. When there are no valid NPCs during the scan, the player still gets woken up. I tried tracing the code but I'm not sure on the exact line of code that causes this as I'm not very familiar with papyrus states, but if ("") is the empty state then I assume it goes back to the original function definition for ADangerousNight(), and while I'm haven't traced what all the calls in it do, it does give the impression that code shouldn't be the intended behavior when there are no valid actors (since that code suggests it's for an actual attack event).

sldn2_upkeep.psc

sldn2_upkeep.pex

Any idea why why I'm getting compile errors?

You don't have Racemenu or at least NiiOverride installed.

Oh, perfect. Thanks. Always annoying to compile scripts when using MO... Had to extract the source scripts from the BSA and throw them into the actual data folder (non-virtualized path).

That isn't a problem with MO, the papyrus compiler doesn't look into the bsa files. If you had a flat installation with everything installed to the data folder you'd still have to extract those files to compile that script.

In fact the papyrus compiler is the only compiler I know of that requires and uses Source files for called functions, every other compiler that I know of uses the compiled files for reference and not the source files.

• 9 months later...

A new version of the SexLab Warmbodies patch is up.

This version improves compatibility with SexLab Stories and SD+. 

It will also completely replace the SD+ Frostfall Addon as I will announce in the next update of SD+ later tonight.

Use this if you want Frostfall compatibility with SD+ going forward.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I'd really like to use your warmbodies patch, and I have done in an install a few months ago, but I ended up having to manually edit the scripts because almost every extra action that the patch causes to warm you up (e.g. running) warms you up way too fast to the point of trivializing frostfall almost completely. I believe I edited the scripts to something like 1/20th of the initial potency the effects had before I felt it was reasonable in-game! I'd love it if you could reconsider some of the numbers.

9 hours ago, KI-NatF said:

I'd really like to use your warmbodies patch, and I have done in an install a few months ago, but I ended up having to manually edit the scripts because almost every extra action that the patch causes to warm you up (e.g. running) warms you up way too fast to the point of trivializing frostfall almost completely. I believe I edited the scripts to something like 1/20th of the initial potency the effects had before I felt it was reasonable in-game! I'd love it if you could reconsider some of the numbers.

Good timing. 

I am testing an update with most of these cut in half.

1/20th seems excessive but I will release an update in the next few weeks with more balanced heat effects.

On 20/11/2017 at 12:18 AM, skyrimll said:

Good timing. 

I am testing an update with most of these cut in half.

1/20th seems excessive but I will release an update in the next few weeks with more balanced heat effects.

That's good to hear! What would be the feasibility of putting out multiple versions of the patch with varying amounts e.g. a patch at 1/2 the current amount, another at 1/4 etc? Don't wanna suggest anything that would cause you a huge deal of work or anything.

44 minutes ago, KI-NatF said:

That's good to hear! What would be the feasibility of putting out multiple versions of the patch with varying amounts e.g. a patch at 1/2 the current amount, another at 1/4 etc? Don't wanna suggest anything that would cause you a huge deal of work or anything.

That would be too much work actually... but I could set up a global variable for the base rate and allow it to be changed using the console. 

On 23/11/2017 at 3:07 AM, skyrimll said:

That would be too much work actually... but I could set up a global variable for the base rate and allow it to be changed using the console. 

That sounds like a really good solution to be fair. The default rate works fine for most people without any extra hassle but the configurability is there for anyone who wants or needs it.

• 4 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, Bushi Neko said:

Thanks so much for keeping these compiled for the rest of us! Excellent that you have an update for Warm Bodies today. :smile: I recently started up a new play with full survival etc and that is good to see. I am doubting this particular will interfere with a save. :smile: 

This one should be safe to upgrade.

Oh.. and I forgot to add hat I also reduced the base heating rate, so these actions will kee you warm but the cold can still kill you.

@skyrimll Is there a way to disable heat gain from running while keeping everything else? Last time I tried Warm Bodies I was able to do a naked marathon across the north Skyrim without any negative consequences which kinda defeats the purpose of Frostfall. :smile: It was quite some time ago though. IIRC the mod used to heat you up to a certain threshold so you couldn't be completely warm outside but could never freeze either as long as you were running. Maybe it works differently now.

Thanks for your mods by the way! *waiting patiently for SD+ update* :tongue:

35 minutes ago, PD_ said:

@skyrimll Is there a way to disable heat gain from running while keeping everything else? Last time I tried Warm Bodies I was able to do a naked marathon across the north Skyrim without any negative consequences which kinda defeats the purpose of Frostfall. :smile: It was quite some time ago though. IIRC the mod used to heat you up to a certain threshold so you couldn't be completely warm outside but could never freeze either as long as you were running. Maybe it works differently now.

Thanks for your mods by the way! *waiting patiently for SD+ update* :tongue:

No... but I dramatically reduced the heat effect from running, so it should no longer be possible to run a marathon naked in the snow and get away with it.

If it is still too hot for you, use the new base rate variable and reduce it by half or more.

Eventually, each effect will have its own slides in an MCM menu but that will come after I make more progress on my other mods, including SD+

28 minutes ago, skyrimll said:

No... but I dramatically reduced the heat effect from running, so it should no longer be possible to run a marathon naked in the snow and get away with it.

If it is still too hot for you, use the new base rate variable and reduce it by half or more.

Eventually, each effect will have its own slides in an MCM menu but that will come after I make more progress on my other mods, including SD+

Good to hear that, I'll add it to my next build and try! :smile:

10 minutes ago, PD_ said:

Good to hear that, I'll add it to my next build and try! :smile:

Let me know about the balance.

In my tests, I find I get a small boost of heat when I run but the cold is still deadly if I get exhausted rapidly. Even without exhaustion, the heat doesn't seem enough to compensate the rapid drops from the cold.

7 minutes ago, skyrimll said:

Let me know about the balance.

In my tests, I find I get a small boost of heat when I run but the cold is still deadly if I get exhausted rapidly. Even without exhaustion, the heat doesn't seem enough to compensate the rapid drops from the cold.

Will do. I think it's normal for Frostfall to force player to continuously seek shelter in colder regions though. I mean, it's pretty convenient to use the original version with SD+ to avoid blackouts during travels because you can't really use clothes to warm up. :tongue: But the fact that the mod was active constantly made me uninstall it. It would've been fine if it only worked for sprint, but running reqiures no effort and doesn't drain stamina so the heat gain is just too free.

To be honest, I believe warm bodies to solve the wrong issue. Frostfall's intent is to make colder regions harder to travel through, even well clothed, and forces the player to make multiple stops along the way. It doesn't matter if you run around, cold is cold, and a cold wind will kill you very quickly.

So if you have a mod that requires moving the enslaved player around while Frostfall is active, simply put clothes on the player. Better yet, design a special gear that will provide heat to the slave or whatever. This is not a Frostfall issue or a warm bodies issue, it's a game design issue. The slave mod needs to take into account that a naked actor will die in the cold and provide regular stops and shelters for everbody's survival. After all, that is what Frostfall is: a survival mod.

At the same time, Frostfall is too harsh as it doesn’t take into account physical activities.

Riding a horse provides you with heat (horses are very warm). Running or fighting should provide you with a boost .. not enough to survive long but enough to get to a shelter.

Riding a horse or physical activities might help, sure, but not against a freezing wind - nothing will keep you safe from cold weather other than shelter. Frostbite is a real issue for polar explorers and it starts with your extremities, you know the bits that don't get so much heat. How much you exercise doesn't matter, your fingers will die off then gangrene will set in.

From what I understand, there is no seasonal temperatures in Mundus, Skyrim is a place where it is always cold because that is how the world came to be. So you might be able to move around if it is sunny and there is no wind, however in other cases there are places in skyrim you should not go. A warm body can help in normal weather, not in a blizzard :smile:

2 hours ago, bicobus said:

Riding a horse or physical activities might help, sure, but not against a freezing wind - nothing will keep you safe from cold weather other than shelter. Frostbite is a real issue for polar explorers and it starts with your extremities, you know the bits that don't get so much heat. How much you exercise doesn't matter, your fingers will die off then gangrene will set in.

From what I understand, there is no seasonal temperatures in Mundus, Skyrim is a place where it is always cold because that is how the world came to be. So you might be able to move around if it is sunny and there is no wind, however in other cases there are places in skyrim you should not go. A warm body can help in normal weather, not in a blizzard :smile:

It comes down to realism vs gameplay convenience issue. I changed exposure rate in frostfall to 0.5 because even a full set of fur armor with cloak won't save you for long. I think it would've been a good solution to make SD+ owners allow slaves to wear clothes outside. They don't want them dead after all.

Yeah, realism for the sake of realism is always a bad idea and very bad design. But here it is about survival, meaning there is a need for challenge and a failure state. What warm bodies provide is a cop out of that challenge: keep moving and nothing bad will happen.