SexLab Solutions 5.0.7 (01-December-2017)

I think other mods have had that option, as I remember it as well. I thought there was one for innkeepers too, but looked in the list and did not see it, just horse/dog sellers.

Innkeepers is part of Solutions, and it's in the list as 'Rent Room'.

I'm curious to just how you do this - if you can tell (or point in the right direction) then I can happily help out with the huge list of stuff that has been suggested. I know it's gonna be Quest chains, Dialogues and then slotting in the Sexlab stuff in the right place. But aside from that, got no clue.

All of the source files are included with the mod, if you want to take a look to learn how things work. SSv3Config script provides MCM settings, sex animations are built with the SSv3Handler script, and animation end events are caught by the SSv2QuestScript or SSv2NPCScript scripts, depending on the type of event. Other than that, it's mostly just creating dialogue and aliases in the CK, hooking them to vanilla dialogue, and creating dialogue scripts that interact with the 3 main scripts.

Thank you. Will have a tinker and see what happens. How do you test these? Find the quest you want to mod. Save before the point and make the mod. Load up save?

Welll huh, I guess I was right, now to find out why it isn't working.

The dialogue is hooked into the "you haven't got enough gold" vanilla line, so it's only accessible if you can't afford to pay the room.

Thank you. Will have a tinker and see what happens. How do you test these? Find the quest you want to mod. Save before the point and make the mod. Load up save?

Testing can be a pain, especially for quests where you have to go through a lot of steps to access the dialogue you want to mod. Nowadays I only add content to the mod if my playthrough is at a convenient place to test it.

EFF certainly doesn't work, the mod does use my follower if I disable it, but with EFF active and only one follower it will not use my follower.This is frustrating, because this mod seems awesome but there is no way I can not use a follower mod such as EFF.

Oh man just when I finally made a character who wanted followers, it turns out to be like this. Guess I'll hold off on that character until the next update since WraithSlayer is awesome and already on it :)

Welll huh, I guess I was right, now to find out why it isn't working.

The dialogue is hooked into the "you haven't got enough gold" vanilla line, so it's only accessible if you can't afford to pay the room.

I thought that was where it was, but I was only getting the "what do you think this is, the temple of mara" line.

Checked my modlist and moved Solutions after RDO and that gave me the second line about paying for my stay.

May want to list that on the main page.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/74568/?

I've got a suggestion, although I don't know if it'd fit into this mod's scope.

According to the TES wiki Salty Sea Dogs can be completed multiple times, though I've never personally encountered this. If it can indeed be completed numerous times then I can only assume that the spin Solutions' takes on it can be completed multiple times as well.

It'd be cool to see some sort of progression for that quest, every time you agree the crew might become more dominant and demanding, maybe pay you less gold, keep you around longer. If you keep accepting their "requests" for long enough then they might demand you service them for free. 

Eventually they'd tell you that "the town has taken offence at your incessant whoring" or something like that, and offer to take you out to sea to do your job.

And well, at sea anything is fair game. :^)

My idea is you'd be a sex slave for a couple of days (configurable in mcm.) You'd have opportunities to jump ship and escape, would result in a bounty if you escape (tsk tsk didn't fulfill your part of the business agreement, that's fraud young lady!) 

Alternatively if you have Frostfall installed you wouldn't get far at all without passing out, at which point you would regain consciousness aboard their ship, and would be punished for trying to cheat the crew.

When above mentioned ordeal is over, you would be deposited back at Dawnstar. The captain would propose taking you out to sea again, but you could refuse (or you could not refuse, of course.) Additionally rebuffing their advances would eventually lead them to somewhat respect you again (at least a little) and offer you money again for your services.

I love this mod, but I wish it had a percentage for whether the 'solution' will work or not, it feels really cheaty to me that i can just hit a particular dialogue option and get my way no matter what.  Those that want their way 100% of the time could put it to 100% and those of us who prefer a more realistic option could lower it to a lesser amount.

Since Solutions generally replace the Persuade/Intimidate/Bribe checks you could use those instead for a chance at failure. I think there was something like this asked earlier, perhaps whether a persuade check could be used to offer sex, but I forget what the answer reasoning was.  I think the answer was just "use one of the other options, and a different mod for sex"

I've got a suggestion, although I don't know if it'd fit into this mod's scope.

According to the TES wiki Salty Sea Dogs can be completed multiple times, though I've never personally encountered this. If it can indeed be completed numerous times then I can only assume that the spin Solutions' takes on it can be completed multiple times as well.

I'm not sure how repeatable the quest is, though it should be easy enough to check with some dedication.  According to UESP, the quest item spawns in each of the locations it can spawn when you enter town, prior even to getting the quest. Thus you can leave town, find the quest item and come back, or take the quest, return with the item and then find the item again in another of the locations. It maybe that the repeatable nature of the quest is only that you are given the quest when you find the item, and thus could have the quest multiple times that way, but you would be turning the quest in, not accepting a new one, and thus the Solutions option would never appear (you can't tell the ship captain I'll do your crew instead of going for a walk, when you have the item in hand).

Many of the wiki pages seem to not have all of the patch based fixes listed either. Some do, but I've run into cases where one of the later community unofficial patches fixed thing that a wiki said was a problem, or invalidated something on a wiki.

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim_talk:Salty_Sea-Dogs

In any case, I think your idea would not be in the scope of the mod. I'm not sure where a good place to suggest it would be, but maybe either Stories, SD+ or a Devious thread? There are some short quests in those.

I love this mod, but I wish it had a percentage for whether the 'solution' will work or not, it feels really cheaty to me that i can just hit a particular dialogue option and get my way no matter what.  Those that want their way 100% of the time could put it to 100% and those of us who prefer a more realistic option could lower it to a lesser amount.

It's been asked before. Ignoring the many hours it'd take to expand all the sex dialogue to have both a success and failure path, my take on it is that it wouldn't really add that much to the mod. Making everything have to pass a speech check would essentially end up giving the player two persuasion options: one with sex and one without. At that point, the only reason to ever pick sex is if you're roleplaying a slutty character, whereas the current way things work ensures the sex option has at least some gameplay utility, as a last-resort when persuasion/intimidation/bribe fails.

In any case, if you want to make the mod more balanced, one option is to get mods that give sex some drawbacks. Apropos adds wear & tear, Being Female adds pregnancy risk, STDs adds diseases, etc.

In any case, I think your idea would not be in the scope of the mod.

Agreed. Solutions is meant to integrate the SexLab framework with the base game content, not create entirely new stories.

• 2 weeks later...

I like this mod, it's officially one of my favorites. And aside from the sexual side, it solves lots of issues ((e.g, brawl bugs XD)). It's really magical, a magical key :D

​I got a tiny suggestion
Why not add an option to have sex with your spouse?

​e.g:
​PC: "Hey honey/dear. Wanna have sex?"
​Spouse: "Of course" ((The vanilla response XD))

​It would even be better than using the "spouses" mod along. 2 birds with one stone you know :D

​Keep up the good work ;)

5.0.5 is out, with the much-requested ability to tag followers running in a custom framework for use by the mod. You'll need to activate the spell from MCM, then just select it from your spell list and cast it on your follower.

This is a great addition and works wonderfully thank you WraithSlayer. A few questions though (since I finally got to followers to work).

1. Is there any benefit to tagging more than one follower? Or does the latest person tagged overwrite the first one? (Maybe future content can do some orgies or gangbangs? I dunno)

2. I don't know if this is a Solutions problem or an EFF problem or a vanilla problem, (probably the latter two) but I encountered a Skooma Dealer, used the drugged and raped option, then decided my character would end up being the dealer's bitch or something and used EFF to recruit. The Solutions dialogue remained for awhile and I thought that was awesome, but then maybe 30 minutes later he stopped having that option in talk but still had the prompt for merchant window, and then furthermore he had the same problem as Kematu and friends who just stop appearing once you switch zones. There's probably no way to make these generic radiant spawning npcs into permanent members is there? Normally I wouldn't care at all but your mod makes some of them awesome.

3. In the same vein as #2, when being a plaything for the orcs, if you recruit a non vanilla follower from them they don't seem to care about that time limit thing then ask your PC for fucks, is this due to not being in the stronghold area itself, or is it an EFF is gonna mess with the Solutions stuff and break it?

This is a great addition and works wonderfully thank you WraithSlayer. A few questions though (since I finally got to followers to work).

1. Is there any benefit to tagging more than one follower? Or does the latest person tagged overwrite the first one? (Maybe future content can do some orgies or gangbangs? I dunno)

There's only one actor alias for manual tagging, and the alias will always store the latest follower you have tagged.

2. I don't know if this is a Solutions problem or an EFF problem or a vanilla problem, (probably the latter two) but I encountered a Skooma Dealer, used the drugged and raped option, then decided my character would end up being the dealer's bitch or something and used EFF to recruit. The Solutions dialogue remained for awhile and I thought that was awesome, but then maybe 30 minutes later he stopped having that option in talk but still had the prompt for merchant window, and then furthermore he had the same problem as Kematu and friends who just stop appearing once you switch zones. There's probably no way to make these generic radiant spawning npcs into permanent members is there? Normally I wouldn't care at all but your mod makes some of them awesome.

I wouldn't advise recruiting Radiant event NPCs as followers, as the clean-up functions will delete the NPC sooner or later.

The dialogue option disappearing after a while is intended. It's only available for 4 in-game hours after the rape scene, after which this event will reset itself so that it still works correctly the next time you run into a skooma dealer.

3. In the same vein as #2, when being a plaything for the orcs, if you recruit a non vanilla follower from them they don't seem to care about that time limit thing then ask your PC for fucks, is this due to not being in the stronghold area itself, or is it an EFF is gonna mess with the Solutions stuff and break it?

You mean a custom orc follower is triggering the plaything dialogue? It shouldn't, assuming the follower is a member of the CurrentFollowerFaction, but not every custom follower mod follows the standards.

I just finished "No one escape from cidhna mine". To reach madanach, I used one the SL solution choices (the aggressive one I believe), however I still had a follower registered through EFF and the guard orc (forgot his name, probably something like Grog-BashSkull) simply teleported to my follower which was off cell before unlocking the gate.

This may be an issue with EFF and the jail system not properly releasing the followers though, but shouldn't I have the choice to use my character instead of my follower? Or did the line I picked implied the outcome?

I just finished "No one escape from cidhna mine". To reach madanach, I used one the SL solution choices (the aggressive one I believe), however I still had a follower registered through EFF and the guard orc (forgot his name, probably something like Grog-BashSkull) simply teleported to my follower which was off cell before unlocking the gate.

This may be an issue with EFF and the jail system not properly releasing the followers though, but shouldn't I have the choice to use my character instead of my follower? Or did the line I picked implied the outcome?

uncheck the box : use female follower to male ... or sth similar

Yes yes, I know that option. I just wondered if it was intended that I didn't had a choice in the matter while that option is active.

IIRC, no you're not supposed to have an option.

What I don't remember is if Wraith was going to put in some kind of toggle or option for dialog to let you pick "I'll do you" / "Let my friend here help you out" or not because Bromm's code was not really written with that in mind?

Followers are never going to be selectable via dialogue on an event-basis, because that would require doubling the dialogue paths and number of scripts in the mod. If you want to disable the follower for a specific scene, you'll have to do it either via MCM, or by dismissing your follower and waiting until they leave your current cell.

Sometime ago i finished the sanquine staff quest and thought that would be a real great place for some sex implementaion. After completing the staff you get teleported into lords of debuchery realm where he is having a big party. And still he just hands you the staff and sends you back home. Thats seems pretty tame for a lord of pleasure. I think it would be a great place to implement dialog options to have sex with him or orgy with the other quests. What do you guys think?

Found an issue but not sure what's causing it, Hofgrir Horse-Crusher doesn't come up with the sex option when asking to brawl. I've made it work before, but it's been too long and I don't remember what I did, possibly it might be because I finished the mark quest first before then but that's also an issue if so.