[Abandoned] Devious Device - More Devious Quest

Hello Versh, thanks for the update

I had a CTD yesterday (sorry logging was off so dont have a log) when a NPC did the sex dialogue that leads to a sex act to the red NPC in a cage added in by hyd_slavegirls in riverrun near where Ralof and Gerdur do their vanilla quest dialogue - the bit where Ralof and Gerdur talk about the dragon and ulfric stormcloak and then Gerdur gives you stuff and a key to the house

Should your mod be able to call sex on bound NPC's?

I'll see if i can recreate the issue with logging enabled to try and get a log for you

Edit:

Couldn't recreate as hunter dude didn't seem interested this time although i match maker sexed them and that all ran fine, i made a log anyway and their seems to be quite a bit of stuff like...

[03/05/2015 - 08:43:30PM] Info: SEXLAB - ERROR: NewAnimation(VhddTormentCandle) - Failed to create animation - Invalid arguments given - Token given already exists (0) or was empty
stack:
    <unknown self>.Debug.TraceStack() - "<native>" Line ?
    <unknown self>.SexLabUtil.DebugLog() - "SexLabUtil.psc" Line 143
    [sexLabQuestObjectFactory (0A078818)].sslobjectfactory.Log() - "sslSystemLibrary.psc" Line 21
    [sexLabQuestObjectFactory (0A078818)].sslobjectfactory.NewAnimation() - "sslObjectFactory.psc" Line 109
    [sexLabQuestObjectFactory (0A078818)].sslobjectfactory.GetSetAnimation() - "sslObjectFactory.psc" Line 130
    [sexLabQuestFramework (0A000D62)].sexlabframework.GetSetAnimationObject() - "SexLabFramework.psc" Line 808
    [vhddmq_RegisterSLAnim (3804101F)].vhddmq_registerslanim.SlAnimRegister() - "vhddmq_RegisterSLAnim.psc" Line 15
    [vhddmq_Monitor (38004EAB)].vhddmq_monitoractor.OnInit() - "Vhddmq_MonitorActor.psc" Line 229

<truncated stack>
[03/05/2015 - 08:43:30PM] Info: SEXLAB - ERROR: NewAnimation(VhddTormentCandleStruggle) - Failed to create animation - Invalid arguments given - Token given already exists (1) or was empty
stack:
    [sexLabQuestObjectFactory (0A078818)].sslobjectfactory.Log() - "sslSystemLibrary.psc" Line 21
    [sexLabQuestObjectFactory (0A078818)].sslobjectfactory.NewAnimation() - "sslObjectFactory.psc" Line 109
    [sexLabQuestObjectFactory (0A078818)].sslobjectfactory.GetSetAnimation() - "sslObjectFactory.psc" Line 130
    [sexLabQuestFramework (0A000D62)].sexlabframework.GetSetAnimationObject() - "SexLabFramework.psc" Line 808
    [vhddmq_RegisterSLAnim (3804101F)].vhddmq_registerslanim.SlAnimRegister() - "vhddmq_RegisterSLAnim.psc" Line 16
    [vhddmq_Monitor (38004EAB)].vhddmq_monitoractor.OnInit() - "Vhddmq_MonitorActor.psc" Line 229

<truncated stack>
[03/05/2015 - 08:43:30PM] Info: SEXLAB - ERROR: NewAnimation(VhddChairSpanklight) - Failed to create animation - Invalid arguments given - Token given already exists (2) or was empty
stack:
    [vhddmq_RegisterSLAnim (3804101F)].vhddmq_registerslanim.SlAnimRegister() - "vhddmq_RegisterSLAnim.psc" Line 17

<truncated stack>
[03/05/2015 - 08:43:30PM] Info: SEXLAB - ERROR: NewAnimation(VhddChairSpankHard) - Failed to create animation - Invalid arguments given - Token given already exists (3) or was empty
stack:
    [vhddmq_RegisterSLAnim (3804101F)].vhddmq_registerslanim.SlAnimRegister() - "vhddmq_RegisterSLAnim.psc" Line 18

<truncated stack>
[03/05/2015 - 08:43:30PM] Info: SEXLAB - ERROR: NewAnimation(VhddMilkingSluttish) - Failed to create animation - Invalid arguments given - Token given already exists (4) or was empty
stack:
    [vhddmq_RegisterSLAnim (3804101F)].vhddmq_registerslanim.SlAnimRegister() - "vhddmq_RegisterSLAnim.psc" Line 19

<truncated stack>
[03/05/2015 - 08:43:30PM] Info: SEXLAB - ERROR: NewAnimation(VhddMilkingSoft) - Failed to create animation - Invalid arguments given - Token given already exists (5) or was empty
stack:
    [vhddmq_RegisterSLAnim (3804101F)].vhddmq_registerslanim.SlAnimRegister() - "vhddmq_RegisterSLAnim.psc" Line 20
    [vhddmq_Monitor (38004EAB)].vhddmq_monitoractor.initialize() - "Vhddmq_MonitorActor.psc" Line 731
    <truncated stack>
[03/05/2015 - 08:43:30PM] Info: SEXLAB - ERROR: NewAnimation(VhddMilkingNormal) - Failed to create animation - Invalid arguments given - Token given already exists (6) or was empty
stack:
    [vhddmq_RegisterSLAnim (3804101F)].vhddmq_registerslanim.SlAnimRegister() - "vhddmq_RegisterSLAnim.psc" Line 21

<truncated stack>

The new mood stuff all seems to be running okay and the save game itself is working other than the random ctd last night

hunter/slave npc i mean in the above

2015_03_05_00001.jpg

Papyrus.0.rar

It's about the Pc. for the slut Madness Npc it's ok.

I did a test :

I have no follower, I put myself in a tavern (+/- 20 pnj) i have my apparent devices, arousal to 100 and nothing happen.

Uhm.. Ok:

you get a message like: "..and this time you kept control of yourself" or you don't get any message?

What's your device status (Active magiceffect)?

I don"t get any message

device status : "your body devices are exposed, you feel very shameful.."

Hello Versh, thanks for the update

I had a CTD yesterday (sorry logging was off so dont have a log) when a NPC did the sex dialogue that leads to a sex act to the red NPC in a cage added in by hyd_slavegirls in riverrun near where Ralof and Gerdur do their vanilla quest dialogue - the bit where Ralof and Gerdur talk about the dragon and ulfric stormcloak and then Gerdur gives you stuff and a key to the house

Should your mod be able to call sex on bound NPC's?

I'll see if i can recreate the issue with logging enabled to try and get a log for you

Edit:

Couldn't recreate as hunter dude didn't seem interested this time although i match maker sexed them and that all ran fine, i made a log anyway and their seems to be quite a bit of stuff like...

Uhm.. Seem that your log have some problem with the Registration of the "new" anim but this is something old and not modified in this update... Did you have updated SL and Zaz Resources recently?

Anyway, consider that SL sometimes crash itself, if it is an isolated event, just ignore it..

It's about the Pc. for the slut Madness Npc it's ok.

I did a test :

I have no follower, I put myself in a tavern (+/- 20 pnj) i have my apparent devices, arousal to 100 and nothing happen.

Uhm.. Ok:

you get a message like: "..and this time you kept control of yourself" or you don't get any message?

What's your device status (Active magiceffect)?

I don"t get any message

device status : "your body devices are exposed, you feel very shameful.."

Probably the quest is stucked in the initialization.

Open the Mcm, Disable the SM, then exit the menu, wait the message of re-initialization, count some seconds, then re-enable the SM in the Mcm...

Also, post a screen of your configuration in the SM page of the MCM

XD Glad to hear that

Anyway, the Advance/avanches, isn't a typo, is French

about the 'Refuse', you're right :P

We should find a solution to extend better the DW-SD compatibility, like adding some task related to a master/owner in the faction suitable for SD...

After playing with this for awhile just wanted to say great mod, it now has a permanent place in my must have mods list :) This really does make enslavement less tedious giving us more things to do while the master is ignoring us .

a must have mod, the fame of the slut system is neat! great work : )

Glad you like it :)

Still enjoying your mod, and no major problems.  One thing I've noticed on occasion is the character getting semi stuck during a Slut Madness event.  I'll get the message about having lost control, and the character starting to walk towards someone.  Then I'll see a message about regaining control, only for the entire thing to repeat again a few seconds later.  This happens even with slut madness intervals set to 4 hours or more.  Once I have control, if I enter the MCM I can disable Slut Madness (I can't do this if I don't have control of the character, as designed I expect).  Then, I can enable it again a few minutes later and everything usually works normally.

I had a thought about a different implementation of Slut Madness, or possibly even another quest.  "Sex Starved", perhaps.  Anyway, what would happen is instead of losing control, the character might have a chance to see an unexpected set of speech options, when talking to an npc while having 100% arousal (or whatever value).  So instead of the normal dialogue options, the choices would be basically begging for sex.  Or if the character was locked up in a device, begging for any available sexual options (oral, anal, etc).

Just a thought, not even sure if its a good one or possible  :)

I've been having crashes which I think are due to this mod, when I change to an exterior cell with a follower.  Doesn't show up immediately, but after about half an hour of gameplay leaving any interior cell to the exterior causes a CTD.  Doesn't happen if this mod is uninstalled, or if the follower is dismissed before leaving..  I've included two logs of it happening, the first with Zora Fair-Child from Interesting NPCs and the second one with Lydia.

Papyrus log 1.7z

Papyrus log 2.7z

Still enjoying your mod, and no major problems.  One thing I've noticed on occasion is the character getting semi stuck during a Slut Madness event.  I'll get the message about having lost control, and the character starting to walk towards someone.  Then I'll see a message about regaining control, only for the entire thing to repeat again a few seconds later.  This happens even with slut madness intervals set to 4 hours or more.  Once I have control, if I enter the MCM I can disable Slut Madness (I can't do this if I don't have control of the character, as designed I expect).  Then, I can enable it again a few minutes later and everything usually works normally.

I had a thought about a different implementation of Slut Madness, or possibly even another quest.  "Sex Starved", perhaps.  Anyway, what would happen is instead of losing control, the character might have a chance to see an unexpected set of speech options, when talking to an npc while having 100% arousal (or whatever value).  So instead of the normal dialogue options, the choices would be basically begging for sex.  Or if the character was locked up in a device, begging for any available sexual options (oral, anal, etc).

Just a thought, not even sure if its a good one or possible  :)

Yeah, there's an auto debugger option that fix things in the maintenance. Anyway the "regain control" is about combat event, or any other activity incompatible (for example a SL event, or a DD event), is simple hierarchy.

About the idea: something similar is in the DC Response, the problem is that for now I don't have time to work on it... :P

The devious comments topic list is so massive it keeps crashing the creation kit halfway down the list 0_0

Hell yeah!! B)

Uhm.. strange... could be also for the configs of the ini of the creation kit...

I've been having crashes which I think are due to this mod, when I change to an exterior cell with a follower.  Doesn't show up immediately, but after about half an hour of gameplay leaving any interior cell to the exterior causes a CTD.  Doesn't happen if this mod is uninstalled, or if the follower is dismissed before leaving..  I've included two logs of it happening, the first with Zora Fair-Child from Interesting NPCs and the second one with Lydia.

attachicon.gifPapyrus log 1.7z

attachicon.gifPapyrus log 2.7z

Update ZAZ and DD :P

Small bug report.

It seems NPCs are making comments about their sorry fate when they are carrying devices... not when they have them equipped.

If you are using 'item count' as a condition, you should switch to 'has worn keyword' instead.

Uhm.. No, I'm not using ItemCount, only Has WornHaskeyword and the other...

Could be that your npc is stuck in the updating.

If persist open the console, select the npc and check the Active effect, and tell me what you see, the effect that you should look are "Not deviced" "DeviceHidden" "DeviceExposed" "naked" (or similar).

Other option:

-Comment from Cursed Loot

-Npc equipped with item that have wrong keyword (es. armor that aren't armor  etc.)

Let me know

Hey there,

is this working with SL Aroused as well, or do i need redux version? Just asking, bevor i mess up my current game :)

I recommend moving to SexLab Aroused Redux in any case. Redux download page has intructions how to move from old to new. SRA is more peformance firendly.

The original version uses a cloak spell to set arousal levels as the player passes through the world. It attaches a script to each and every NPC it encounters. I have seen up to 18 of these scripts in a save game and expect that many more may be running at any time in the game.

Redux changes that by having Dialog/ReferenceAlias based scan that gets all NPCs withing 1024 units (about 50 feet). It also gets all naked NPCs in the same radius and applies the original arousal logic to them. This scan happens currently once each 120 seconds (2 minutes). The scan is fast, typically less than 2 seconds and all but .5 seconds of that is spent outside the papyrus engine, so it should dramatically reduce the papyrus impact.

ZAZ is version 6.04, DD:I is 2.9.0, DD:A is 2.9.0 and DD:E is 1.2.1.  As far as I can tell, these are the lastest versions of all of them, and I started a new game after the most recent update so it's not a mid-game update issue.

Hey there,

is this working with SL Aroused as well, or do i need redux version? Just asking, bevor i mess up my current game :)

Yes, working (I use the Redux)

Also consider that the SLA Redux, is retro-compatible with the SLA standard, as far I know the change are about a more efficient update method

ZAZ is version 6.04, DD:I is 2.9.0, DD:A is 2.9.0 and DD:E is 1.2.1.  As far as I can tell, these are the lastest versions of all of them, and I started a new game after the most recent update so it's not a mid-game update issue.

Uhm.. ok the version are correct....

As far I can see the log is fine about my mod... no Imminent Doom Advice etc...

But there's a LOT of missing script reference.. that is "normal" in game when the user install/uninstall many mod, to test/play etc... but COULD eventually create CTD

Try with a Save Cleaner Tool or a new game, maybe the game engine is stucked in a missing reference...

Let me know.

Hey there,

Also consider that the SLA Redux, is retro-compatible with the SLA standard, as far I know the change are about a more efficient update method

But there's a LOT of missing script reference.. that is "normal" in game when the user install/uninstall many mod, to test/play etc... but COULD eventually create CTD

Try with a Save Cleaner Tool or a new game, maybe the game engine is stucked in a missing reference...

Let me know.

No luck, the save cleaner reports "0 script instances removed" and "0 scripts and 0 instances removed", and I get the same crash loading from the "cleaned" save.  Thanks for the help!

Hey there,

Let me know.

No luck, the save cleaner reports "0 script instances removed" and "0 scripts and 0 instances removed", and I get the same crash loading from the "cleaned" save.  Thanks for the help!

For a new game i wouldn't of thought these should be present although i've no idea what mods they are

[03/13/2015 - 04:33:36PM] Cannot open store for class "huntersvisionimodscript", missing file?
[03/13/2015 - 04:33:37PM] Cannot open store for class "_snquestscript", missing file?
[03/13/2015 - 04:33:37PM] Cannot open store for class "DsR__TIF__020253E5", missing file?
[03/13/2015 - 04:33:37PM] ERROR: Unable to bind script DsR__TIF__020253E5 to topic info 4F0253E5 on <NULL quest> because their base types do not match
[03/13/2015 - 04:33:37PM] Cannot open store for class "DsR__TIF__02025960", missing file?
[03/13/2015 - 04:33:37PM] ERROR: Unable to bind script DsR__TIF__02025960 to topic info 4F025960 on <NULL quest> because their base types do not match
[03/13/2015 - 04:33:37PM] Cannot open store for class "AngrimThrallAddScr", missing file?

The second log also has a lot of spam like

[03/13/2015 - 04:35:12PM] ERROR: Cannot call HasKeyword() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
    [Active effect 1 on  (00054616)].xMAWARCombatLogic.OnHit() - "xMAWARCombatLogic.psc" Line 316
[03/13/2015 - 04:35:12PM] [Zad]: OnSpellCast()
[03/13/2015 - 04:35:12PM] Warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp7"
stack:
    [Active effect 1 on  (00054616)].xMAWARCombatLogic.OnHit() - "xMAWARCombatLogic.psc" Line 316

When the game does die after 30 minutes how much memory is showing on task manager as it could be that their is a memory leak which is eventually killing you and have you also considered whether it would just be mod overload for your PC?

Also while i know it sort of goes against trying to debug a problem do you usually play with logging on or off? as i've noticed the game is much faster doing scripted events (and seems to be more stable) with logging turned off as its doesn't have to write to the HD which slows it down

Edit:  i've just googled the xMAWARCombatLogic as  i was curious and the first hit is this page xMAWARCombatLogic Quick fix - ALPHA by Gnaul http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/60244/? which alleges

This patch aims to reduce CTD's originating from xMAWARCombatLogic.psc log spam.

Might wanna take a look

Hey there,

Let me know.

For a new game i wouldn't of thought these should be present although i've no idea what mods they are

[03/13/2015 - 04:33:36PM] Cannot open store for class "huntersvisionimodscript", missing file?
[03/13/2015 - 04:33:37PM] Cannot open store for class "_snquestscript", missing file?
[03/13/2015 - 04:33:37PM] Cannot open store for class "DsR__TIF__020253E5", missing file?
[03/13/2015 - 04:33:37PM] ERROR: Unable to bind script DsR__TIF__020253E5 to topic info 4F0253E5 on <NULL quest> because their base types do not match
[03/13/2015 - 04:33:37PM] Cannot open store for class "DsR__TIF__02025960", missing file?
[03/13/2015 - 04:33:37PM] ERROR: Unable to bind script DsR__TIF__02025960 to topic info 4F025960 on <NULL quest> because their base types do not match
[03/13/2015 - 04:33:37PM] Cannot open store for class "AngrimThrallAddScr", missing file?

The second log also has a lot of spam like

[03/13/2015 - 04:35:12PM] ERROR: Cannot call HasKeyword() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[03/13/2015 - 04:35:12PM] [Zad]: OnSpellCast()
[03/13/2015 - 04:35:12PM] Warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp7"
stack:

When the game does die after 30 minutes how much memory is showing on task manager as it could be that their is a memory leak which is eventually killing you and have you also considered whether it would just be mod overload for your PC?

Also while i know it sort of goes against trying to debug a problem do you usually play with logging on or off? as i've noticed the game is much faster doing scripted events (and seems to be more stable) with logging turned off as its doesn't have to write to the HD which slows it down

Edit:  i've just googled the xMAWARCombatLogic as  i was curious and the first hit is this page xMAWARCombatLogic Quick fix - ALPHA by Gnaul http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/60244/? which alleges

This patch aims to reduce CTD's originating from xMAWARCombatLogic.psc log spam.

Might wanna take a look

Thanks again for the help.  The DsR errors appear to be related to "Dual Sheath Redux" which I do not use, and the Angrim one makes little sense because Angrim's Apprentice is still installed, so shouldn't be causing problems.  I tried the xMAWARCombatLogic patch, to no effect.

I fear I may not have been clear in my description.  It isn't that if I play for half an hour I start to get errors, it is that after about half an hour of having each follower total, then the error starts to occur.  If I load a save from just before the CTD and try to enter an exterior cell, it crashes 100% of the time.

I usually play with logging off, except for when there's a problem.  So the issue first happened when it's off.

Hi Versh,

Just letting you know I'm having the same problem Grifterrik encountered - when i tried upgrading from .902 to .903, my MCM menu would not update even after waiting 20 minutes. The excluder did activate, which is good, but without the MCM toggle I'm locked out of some quests like the whispering door.

You told Grifterrik to try the mcm update command - what is that? are you referring to setstage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1? If so, I tried using that. It reregistered the MCM menu but did not add the missing mood tab,

You mentioned resetting your mod? Just to clarify - do you mean uninstalling and clean saving, then reinstalling? I tried deactivating the mod, saving my game, then reactivating. That resulted in the menu upgrading, but now I'm worried about my save game.

Now I have several options:

1) stick with .902, skip .903, and hope .904 will successfully update the menu.

2) deactivate .902, create a clean save, then activate .903. This will allow me to keep my fame stats. Would this cause save game corruption issues later, or is it ok because .903 will pick up the orphaned scripts from .902?

3) deactivate .902, create a clean save, run the clean save through script cleaner, then activate .903. This will wipe my stats, but would this be healthier for my save?

4) Upgrade immediately to .903, so .903 is running fine but with missing MCM options. Then deactivate and reactivate the mod. (In this case, would there be any point in using the save cleaner before reactivating?)

I would really appreciate your feedback on this.

EDIT: I don't seem to be having problems with adding mcm menus from new mods. This is the first time I've encountered an issue with the MCM menus, with updating the existing menu (rather than adding a new one). I'm not sure if it's an issue with your mod in particular, or with MCM menus in general. Are there any scripts that can assist with updating of menus, or is this just a limitation that everyone has to work around?

PS: Thanks for your mod. It's pretty awesome.

Great little mod, but has anyone else had a problem with footstep sounds being played while the shame animation is active? I am using version 2.50 of Groovtama's XPMS Extended skeleton.

Tnx.

About the sound problem is related to the anim not from my mod, already sent to Xaz :P

Thanks again for the help.  The DsR errors appear to be related to "Dual Sheath Redux" which I do not use, and the Angrim one makes little sense because Angrim's Apprentice is still installed, so shouldn't be causing problems.  I tried the xMAWARCombatLogic patch, to no effect.

I fear I may not have been clear in my description.  It isn't that if I play for half an hour I start to get errors, it is that after about half an hour of having each follower total, then the error starts to occur.  If I load a save from just before the CTD and try to enter an exterior cell, it crashes 100% of the time.

I usually play with logging off, except for when there's a problem.  So the issue first happened when it's off.

Quite strange that you clean a save with a mod uninstalled and hasn't fixed nothing...

Anyway: have you tried to start a new game to see if it CTD?

On my mod interior and exterior cell difference are irrilevant...

Hi Versh,

Just letting you know I'm having the same problem Grifterrik encountered - when i tried upgrading from .902 to .903, my MCM menu would not update even after waiting 20 minutes. The excluder did activate, which is good, but without the MCM toggle I'm locked out of some quests like the whispering door.

You told Grifterrik to try the mcm update command - what is that? are you referring to setstage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1? If so, I tried using that. It reregistered the MCM menu but did not add the missing mood tab,

You mentioned resetting your mod? Just to clarify - do you mean uninstalling and clean saving, then reinstalling? I tried deactivating the mod, saving my game, then reactivating. That resulted in the menu upgrading, but now I'm worried about my save game.

Now I have several options:

1) stick with .902, skip .903, and hope .904 will successfully update the menu.

2) deactivate .902, create a clean save, then activate .903. This will allow me to keep my fame stats. Would this cause save game corruption issues later, or is it ok because .903 will pick up the orphaned scripts from .902?

3) deactivate .902, create a clean save, run the clean save through script cleaner, then activate .903. This will wipe my stats, but would this be healthier for my save?

4) Upgrade immediately to .903, so .903 is running fine but with missing MCM options. Then deactivate and reactivate the mod. (In this case, would there be any point in using the save cleaner before reactivating?)

I would really appreciate your feedback on this.

EDIT: I don't seem to be having problems with adding mcm menus from new mods. This is the first time I've encountered an issue with the MCM menus, with updating the existing menu (rather than adding a new one). I'm not sure if it's an issue with your mod in particular, or with MCM menus in general. Are there any scripts that can assist with updating of menus, or is this just a limitation that everyone has to work around?

PS: Thanks for your mod. It's pretty awesome.

Glad you like it ;)

Yes it was "SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1"

If it isn't working I really should re-check that maintenance line... tnx for the info.

Anyway, the scripts are the same between 0.902 and 0.903, so no orphan script (just some fix and add).

Both solution 2 and 3 will work, but I suggest you the 3 as "general maintenance" (and also it give you an auto backup 'just-in-case')

Probably is my fault about the updating, don't worry, W.I.P. :P

Hey Versh,

Thanks for the advice. I've decided to wait till .904 before considering updating, since I realised I would deactivate the mood system anyway for papyrus performance. So many mods... so many scripts! If I change my mind, I'll definitely follow your advice.

Thanks so much for working on your mod, appreciate it heaps.