Slaves of Tamriel (Obsolete - Please use theFirstHeretic's version)

Sounds like there isn't a clear storyline for this mod yet. Had an idea where the Thalmor run the mine and the gold is being used to fund a proxy war against both the Storm Cloaks and Imperial Legion through bandit activity intended to keep the region destabilized and the sides from being able to focus on ending the war. In any war the third side is chaos and the Thalmor are masters of it. Then you have the added shame of helping fund the bad guys and working against either side you might be working for. Also would make a good reason to use an outdoor Thalmor camp as the slave auction center, so you could logically combine with simple slavery and even be lore friendly. Even after the war it would make sense to want to keep the region destabilized.

I find the many little details in this mod impressive, like the guard walking to the furnace first to get the branding rod. Or the other guard who walks to the cooking place with the bucket in his hands, and filling food into it out of the cooking pot. This really adds to the immersion.

What I didn't like so much were the moments when the mod takes control over your character, doing things without the players consent. That however is something that the Skyrim  mainquest does as well during the execution scene in the beginning, so it's not a big deal.

Still, i'd like it if you could at least resist to undress, and being threatened or punished until you comply. Or let's say you refuse to undress, then they do it for you the rough way and rip apart the clothing, irrevocable destroying the cloth/armour in the process.

• 2 weeks later...

I have run through mod as far as it goes so far.  I love this mod as well as the tattoos that were made to go with it.  I can't wait until for the next suffering and to eventually (hopefully) escape the mind be it trussed up in bondage gear.  Great concept and job. 

I have run through mod as far as it goes so far.  I love this mod as well as the tattoos that were made to go with it.  I can't wait until for the next suffering and to eventually (hopefully) escape the mind be it trussed up in bondage gear.  Great concept and job. 

Thanks for the kind words! :)

pls dont tell me this is abandoned

I know what gave you the impression, and I feel responsible for it. Since the last release, the schedule for my real life project became quite insane and I had to work through the weekends. Unfortunately, it seems it will stay that way for a while.

But I still intend to keep working on this mod - however slow the pace may be - and in case I'll have to abandon it, I'll make an explicit announcement to waiver any claim on the content so that anyone who would be interested in this mod can take it and enhance it themselves.

Again, sorry for having kept you so long for the update.

start the quest no is talking have fuz ro d-oh installed but seemms there is not subtitles or speaking 

As mentioned in the instruction, you need to turn on subtitles in the options. If it still doesn't work, then it would probably mean somethings else is broken, in which case investigating the Papyrus log file can help.

Great mod and the detail really does make the immersion.

Id like to see more of a branding scene however or that type of degradation. I was disappointed that the branding scene cut out after the first sizzle, sometimes the process is the biggest thrill. Perhaps a hardcore option as well as I'm sure others would prefer to keep the fade out.

Your probably aware of another mod called "branding device of doom" that could be used for such a scene if not perhaps that's an option.

Also the brands are a bit crisp still, a real brand on a person would probably be a little uglier especially a fresh one. So a little red around it to make it different from a tattoo I think would be ideal but not so much that its an eyesore.

Hey, you are back!

This day starts well. :D

Good to hear that mod is still worked. Take your time. :)

Glad to know that there are still those who's interested in my mod despite the recent inactivity. Thanks! :)

Just wondering if you've checked out Crime Punishment and Redemption or Life in Prison to take a peak at their features and code. Hope all is going well and that life gets less crazy soon. Don't let it get so bad it affects your health. Take care.

Actually, it's the first time I've heard of either of the mods. I just checked their homepage and I suppose I may take some hints from them for the future development. And thanks for the kind words! :)

Id like to see more of a branding scene however or that type of degradation. I was disappointed that the branding scene cut out after the first sizzle, sometimes the process is the biggest thrill. Perhaps a hardcore option as well as I'm sure others would prefer to keep the fade out.

Your probably aware of another mod called "branding device of doom" that could be used for such a scene if not perhaps that's an option.

Also the brands are a bit crisp still, a real brand on a person would probably be a little uglier especially a fresh one. So a little red around it to make it different from a tattoo I think would be ideal but not so much that its an eyesore.

Yes, I'm actually doing some experiments with the mod already. But I'm a bit reluctant to put the whole device included in this mod though, so I'm trying to use the branding rod alone if it's possible. Either way, I'll consider extending the branding scene later (along with an option to resist, etc) when the more crucial features are implemented.

As to the design, I already made its edge reddish and you'll see it if you look at the source image of a higher resolution pack for UNP bodies. I was a bit disappointed myself to find out it doesn't stand out as much when seen in the game. Maybe I'm lacking in design skills to make it better. Hope some one could show me how to make more realistically looking brand marks later.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion!

Status Update

Finally I have something to report :) I was free on this weekend so I could spend sometime working on this mod again. I was able to finish the new feeding scene today, and also reimplemented the scene which involves leading slaves out of the mining area, because it was prone to result actors being stuck.

Now, I'm doing some experiments with critters (flies flying around the trough/bucket toilet in cells) and the new HDT based shackles which ZaZ has recently announced here. I like how they look personally, so probably they'll make it in the next alpha release.

Also, there's some work going on with a 'bladder system' to make slaves use the bucket toilet when they can. Slaves are supposed to use it after each ore check ups, or when they're locked up inside the cells. But as the work has just begun, I'm not sure if it will be included in the next release.

Most likely, I'll temporarily change the working schedule, so that it ends at the lunch time. As the old feeding scene has been replaced with the one which happens in the cells, we don't yet have any scene implemented for the lunch time. So, I'll just substitute it with the evening feeding time, so that those who already played the previous version won't have to play the whole day to see what's really changed.

Thanks for bearing with my long inactivity. I hope I could finish the work for the next alpha release soon.

Or just have them skip lunch. Or just throw some bread at each prisoner's feet while mining. Looking forward to seeing more! :)

Actually, there's already a semi-working scene in which the guard throw a bread at random direction and all slaves including the player compete with each other, crawling toward it on all fours :)

I used FNIS alternate animation to switch the walking animation to crawling temporarily, but it seems that the current version only supports forward move so they constantly stand up when not moving or changing direction, etc.

The manual says that it'll be fixed in future, so I hope I can finish that scene soon,

Also, there's some work going on with a 'bladder system' to make slaves use the bucket toilet when they can. Slaves are supposed to use it after each ore check ups, or when they're locked up inside the cells. But as the work has just begun, I'm not sure if it will be included in the next release.

Perhaps some integration with Seeing Yellow?

Hey, you are back!

This day starts well. :D

Good to hear that mod is still worked. Take your time. :)

Glad to know that there are still those who's interested in my mod despite the recent inactivity. Thanks! :)

Just wondering if you've checked out Crime Punishment and Redemption or Life in Prison to take a peak at their features and code. Hope all is going well and that life gets less crazy soon. Don't let it get so bad it affects your health. Take care.

Actually, it's the first time I've heard of either of the mods. I just checked their homepage and I suppose I may take some hints from them for the future development. And thanks for the kind words! :)

Yes, I'm actually doing some experiments with the mod already. But I'm a bit reluctant to put the whole device included in this mod though, so I'm trying to use the branding rod alone if it's possible. Either way, I'll consider extending the branding scene later (along with an option to resist, etc) when the more crucial features are implemented.

As to the design, I already made its edge reddish and you'll see it if you look at the source image of a higher resolution pack for UNP bodies. I was a bit disappointed myself to find out it doesn't stand out as much when seen in the game. Maybe I'm lacking in design skills to make it better. Hope some one could show me how to make more realistically looking brand marks later.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion!

Status Update

Finally I have something to report :) I was free on this weekend so I could spend sometime working on this mod again. I was able to finish the new feeding scene today, and also reimplemented the scene which involves leading slaves out of the mining area, because it was prone to result actors being stuck.

Now, I'm doing some experiments with critters (flies flying around the trough/bucket toilet in cells) and the new HDT based shackles which ZaZ has recently announced here. I like how they look personally, so probably they'll make it in the next alpha release.

Most likely, I'll temporarily change the working schedule, so that it ends at the lunch time. As the old feeding scene has been replaced with the one which happens in the cells, we don't yet have any scene implemented for the lunch time. So, I'll just substitute it with the evening feeding time, so that those who already played the previous version won't have to play the whole day to see what's really changed.

Thanks for bearing with my long inactivity. I hope I could finish the work for the next alpha release soon.

You can either place the device in the mine or place your own door/hatch that leads to the branding cell.

If you use the cell, just place your door/hatch (A) in the mine, which leads to another one ( B ) in the cell. And then have the guards and player go there, get branded and go back.

If you want, you can make B disabled. When you activate A, it disables all existing doors in the cell, and enables B. When you activate B, you disable it after the characters leave the cell. You do that so you don't just walk from some jail into mordor to the mine.

You could also replace the stone walls with mud walls so it looks more like a part of the mine.

If you want to place it, you need: (everything starts with xxbranding) *device, *stocks, *iron, *fxsteamjetfast, some kind of torch. The device,iron and stocks shouldn't be rotated. The iron goes into 2 tiny boxes, it's offset relative to the device is XYZ -8, -5, 24. The center of the stocks should be aligned with a tiny cyllinder on the device. Steam goes a bit underground (skyrim gets bugged sometimes and steam might not be placed where it's supposed to)

Then you link stocks, iron and jet (from the cell) to the device's properties in the cell (they all show NONE). Set xxbrandingvstocksactor in the device and in the stocks to one of the unused  *actor referencealiases in xxbrandingquest.

To make the player use the stocks, use a sit package with stocks as the target.

If you want to use existing spells to make the player use stocks, there's also 2 aliases for entering and leaving the stocks, modify(duplicate) the packages to use the stocks in your cell (compare the 3 quest aliases for markarth and the cell). You'll need to modify the script a bit (different form numbers and quest alias number)

This is much easier than it sounds... a cakewalk really.

post-127324-0-05355800-1430065312_thumb.jpg

I could also place it for you inside SoT ...probably.

Perhaps some integration with Seeing Yellow?

Unfortunately, I don't believe it's viable. I didn't want to reinvent the wheel everytime so I've considered delegating the toilet part of the mod to existing ones. However, it apparently has at least three major problems with this approach.

First of all, not many (actually, I know of only one - NPC private needs) of these mods support NPC events, which is necessary for this mod. And most of them forces the actor to take a certain pose when it cannot hold the need anymore, which can break the scene progression if happens at certain time. It's none of their faults, but due to the fact that my mod is so heavily relies on scene packages.

And lastly, most of them work by pressing a certain key to do some peeing pose. The problem is, in the context of this mod, we need to customize the pose to reflect whether or not the slave's hands are bound, or whether it's using the bucket, but it's almost impossible to customize that much.

So I decided to make a lightweight version of such a mod myself. And fortunately, it's not that difficult so it won't take too much time.

Actually, it's just that I like the current pace/atmosphere of the intro scene so I'm a bit hesitant to introduce such a big change as to transfer the player to another room or put a big Dewmer device in the entry area.

I wish I could use only the branding iron without the whole device. I was testing the resource you've linked to this thread earlier to see if it can be made like an wieldable weapon so I could use something more suitable than the originally suggested hoeing animation.

If you don't want it to be included separately (with due credits) without requiring the whole mod, please let me know. I still think your mod to be very exciting whether or not I could use it in my mod. It's just that I'm not sure about how it would fit in, aesthetically.

Thanks very much for such a detailed instruction :)

Unfortunately, I don't believe it's viable. I didn't want to reinvent the wheel everytime so I've considered delegating the toilet part of the mod to existing ones. However, it apparently has at least three major problems with this approach.

First of all, not many (actually, I know of only one - NPC private needs) of these mods support NPC events, which is necessary for this mod. And most of them forces the actor to take a certain pose when it cannot hold the need anymore, which can break the scene progression if happens at certain time. It's none of their faults, but due to the fact that my mod is so heavily relies on scene packages.

And lastly, most of them work by pressing a certain key to do some peeing pose. The problem is, in the context of this mod, we need to customize the pose to reflect whether or not the slave's hands are bound, or whether it's using the bucket, but it's almost impossible to customize that much.

So I decided to make a lightweight version of such a mod myself. And fortunately, it's not that difficult so it won't take too much time.

There's a lot to be said for making something self-contained rather than relying on other mods (that may or may not break or be updated or, as you've said, just not have the capability up front). The smaller the list of dependencies, the less likely it is that a problem may arise.

Actually, it's just that I like the current pace/atmosphere of the intro scene so I'm a bit hesitant to introduce such a big change as to transfer the player to another room or put a big Dewmer device in the entry area.

I wish I could use only the branding iron without the whole device. I was testing the resource you've linked to this thread earlier to see if it can be made like an wieldable weapon so I could use something more suitable than the originally suggested hoeing animation.

If you don't want it to be included separately (with due credits) without requiring the whole mod, please let me know. I still think your mod to be very exciting whether or not I could use it in my mod. It's just that I'm not sure about how it would fit in, aesthetically.

Thanks very much for such a detailed instruction :)

you want to use the branding iron, you'll need to find someone (like Zaz) to make you several animations applying the iron at different height (hold the iron then move iron to the head, chest, crotch, legs, etc and back). Even better if it's an invisible furniture where the actor "sits". Then you can use the same animation to brand, for example, crotch, left and right ass by placing 3 markers around the player's supposed position.

Suggestion: make player able to attack with a pickaxe. Pickaxe > whip. If you fail, the guy will shove the pickaxe up your vagina, like he said. :) Or make pickaxes chained to the ground or something.

Edit:I

If you can find a weapon animation where the character just stands and thrusts the weapon forward, you just need that and a few branding irons. 1 iron is straight, 2nd one is shaped like a letter z with a handle: z____ so now when you thrust it it touches the breast, top left part of z is hot. 3rd on is Z______ and it touches the head.

-----

.....|

.....---------=======