Slaves of Tamriel (Obsolete - Please use theFirstHeretic's version)

I'm fairly new to this area, but I like what you have described. At this point I can't test anything because I'm rebuilding my computer.

But heres an Idea: Slave Collars - much hard to get off and if your feeling particular creative an a leash system to the slaves bed.

I might Have more suggestion once I've tested it myself, but will be a while before my Machine is built (Last one has a fault PSU and windows 7 that can't load correctly if at all!)

I'm fairly new to this area, but I like what you have described. At this point I can't test anything because I'm rebuilding my computer.

But heres an Idea: Slave Collars - much hard to get off and if your feeling particular creative an a leash system to the slaves bed.

I might Have more suggestion once I've tested it myself, but will be a while before my Machine is built (Last one has a fault PSU and windows 7 that can't load correctly if at all!)

Did you mean Pet Collar, since I don't recognize any mod with the name 'Slave Collars'.

I wish we have such a mod which provides a slave collar with a visible leash, unlike the magical one Pet Collar provides.

I think Pet Collar to be a cool mod, though. But for some reason, I just think that non-magical restraints would fit better the atmosphere of this mod.

If you meant other mod than the one above mentioned, please let me know. I'm very much interested to try it out myself.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion and looking forward to hear from you again, once you finish rebuilding your system :)

SoT, ther is a mod, http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1216-deviously-cursed-loot/ that has three different types of collars.  Cursed Collar, Slut Collar and the previously mentioned Slave Collar.  They get applied randomly when you search for loot in treasures and on bodies.  It's a highly customizable mod with one of the best MCM's I've ever used.

You can also use, http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1602-deviously-enslaved-v103-1215/ which, depending on parameters you set in the MCM, will have a random chance of an event happening to your character from sex, enslavement or adding a device.  If you have Pet Collar and Deviously Cursed Loot there is a chance for one of those collars to be added.  It also has a customizable menu.

SoT, ther is a mod, http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1216-deviously-cursed-loot/ that has three different types of collars.  Cursed Collar, Slut Collar and the previously mentioned Slave Collar.  They get applied randomly when you search for loot in treasures and on bodies.  It's a highly customizable mod with one of the best MCM's I've ever used.

You can also use, http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1602-deviously-enslaved-v103-1215/ which, depending on parameters you set in the MCM, will have a random chance of an event happening to your character from sex, enslavement or adding a device.  If you have Pet Collar and Deviously Cursed Loot there is a chance for one of those collars to be added.  It also has a customizable menu.

Thanks to correct my ignorance :blush:

@Miarc007

For now, there's a specific script attached to the current collar used in this mod, so I'll have to move it to some other item if I replace it with another collar item.

I can move it to ankle cuffs, but I'm not sure if such scripted items from other mods would introduce undesirable effects (i.e. out of place prompt from guards or ill timed sex event which breaks a running scene, etc) or not.

Sorry I couldn't make use of your suggestion this time. But please don't make it hinder you from sharing your ideas and suggestions in future!

Hey... would it be possible to add in bathing? Like, the guards get offended by your terrible smell after a few days, and require their slaves to bathe... soft dependency for this, perhaps?

Quote:

If you have created a mod that adds bathing and you wish to attach Bathing in Skyrim animations/effects to your mod, add the magic effect named "mzinBatheAttemptSuccess" to a spell that is applied through your bathing method. For example, if you have a bathtub that can be activated to award a spell named "Clean," add "mzinBatheAttemptSuccess" as another effect of "Clean" and Bathing in Skyrim will properly clean the actor and play animations.

Hey... would it be possible to add in bathing? Like, the guards get offended by your terrible smell after a few days, and require their slaves to bathe... soft dependency for this, perhaps?

Quote:

If you have created a mod that adds bathing and you wish to attach Bathing in Skyrim animations/effects to your mod, add the magic effect named "mzinBatheAttemptSuccess" to a spell that is applied through your bathing method. For example, if you have a bathtub that can be activated to award a spell named "Clean," add "mzinBatheAttemptSuccess" as another effect of "Clean" and Bathing in Skyrim will properly clean the actor and play animations.

Nice idea :) Actually, I was thinking about adding such events where a guard or a visiting NPC would choose a slave to have a sex. Optionally, they will take account of each slaves' status with BeeingFemale (whether or not they're menstruating, or pregnant) and choose/comment accordingly.

When they choose a slave, they'll force her to clean herself after which the dirt map texture is removed until she'll work designated hours.

I was planning to use (or abuse) female masturbating animation to mimic cleaning the private area, but maybe we could use a full bathing animation instead, or even make two different events, like requiring a slave to take a full bath when she's going to be exploited on a bed, etc.

Quote:

Nice idea :) Actually, I was thinking about adding such events where a guard or a visiting NPC would choose a slave to have a sex. Optionally, they will take account of each slaves' status with BeeingFemale (whether or not they're menstruating, or pregnant) and choose/comment accordingly.

When they choose a slave, they'll force her to clean herself after which the dirt map texture is removed until she'll work designated hours.

I was planning to use (or abuse) female masturbating animation to mimic cleaning the private area, but maybe we could use a full bathing animation instead, or even make two different events, like requiring a slave to take a full bath when she's going to be exploited on a bed, etc.

You read my mind. :)

BTW - I prefer your dirt textures to the other mod's... just sayin'. Looks more... dirty? Less like body paint.  ;)

Hmm, since this mod is WIP, is it normal, that I get absolutely no dialogue what so ever?

(Except for the gag dialogue, that can be engaged by the player himself, that is.)

The mod itself works fine except for a few things, but not a single bit of dialogue happening the entire time.

Other than that, it's a really great mod, that finally gives us a decent feeling at being enslaved.

I've only got one minor glitch and one complaint:

- Small glitch during the cavity search: The guard, that searches you somehow always bumps into the book on the table called "Fall from Glory". He doesn't physically touch it, but each time he gets up and moves about, the book starts rattling around on the table, making that incredibly annoying sound as well.

- The pacing:

Now I know this mod is aimed at immersion, and it does a pretty damn good job at that, but it just does it TOO good. Having to wait through the whole ore counting process and cavity search, until you finally move on, is very tiring. Perhaps start with one NPC, then have the player be checked, and then skip forward in time? That would make it a lot more fluent, than it is now.

Hmm, since this mod is WIP, is it normal, that I get absolutely no dialogue what so ever?

(Except for the gag dialogue, that can be engaged by the player himself, that is.)

The mod itself works fine except for a few things, but not a single bit of dialogue happening the entire time.

Other than that, it's a really great mod, that finally gives us a decent feeling at being enslaved.

- Small glitch during the cavity search: The guard, that searches you somehow always bumps into the book on the table called "Fall from Glory". He doesn't physically touch it, but each time he gets up and moves about, the book starts rattling around on the table, making that incredibly annoying sound as well.

- The pacing:

Now I know this mod is aimed at immersion, and it does a pretty damn good job at that, but it just does it TOO good. Having to wait through the whole ore counting process and cavity search, until you finally move on, is very tiring. Perhaps start with one NPC, then have the player be checked, and then skip forward in time? That would make it a lot more fluent, than it is now.

Sound like you don't have Fuz Ro D-oh Silent Voice installed

- The pacing:

Sound like you don't have Fuz Ro D-oh Silent Voice installed

I have the same problem.  And yes, I have fuz ro d-oh installed and working with every mod except this.

- The pacing:

Thanks much for the feedback! :) I also noticed the rattling items on the table. I didn't have enough time to investigate into this issue so couldn't fix it before the release.

By the way, I was planning to remove the table entirely, or at least replace it with a smaller one because it seems there's not enough space for it. If you look closely, you'll notice that the door clips through it due to lack of space. So, when it'll be removed the problem would not matter anyway.

I also happen to agree with your complaint about the pacing. I think it adds something to the immersion, but not something I want to see twice every day. I'd like to make it shorter (with fade in/out) after it's played for the first time. I suppose the ore counting scene cannot be skipped easily due to the branding part, but the cavity search part is certainly skippable.

Maybe we should include an option in MCM about this feature. I'll try to revisit this issue once it becomes possible to play the daily schedule repeatedly.

About the problem with dialogues, please refer to my answer below.

I have the same problem.  And yes, I have fuz ro d-oh installed and working with every mod except this.

Actually, removing the dependency to Fuz Roh Doh was one of the main feature of the current release, so you don't have to install it.

The problem seems to be that when it was replaced with real voice/lip files, the game honors player's subtitle setting when playing the dialogues. So, when those voice files are actually just placeholder silence clips, it looks like nothing happens.

I didn't realize this problem because I had turn the setting on all the time. It seems I should force the option while the quest is running in the next release.

Thanks much for pointing this out. I suppose there could be many other members who are affected by this problem.

For anyone who don't see any dialogues :

Please turn your subtitle setting on. I'll try to force the option while the quest is running if possible. But for now, you have to change it manually to see the dialogues.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

I'd like to make it shorter (with fade in/out) after it's played for the first time. I suppose the ore counting scene cannot be skipped easily due to the branding part, but the cavity search part is certainly skippable.

Maybe we should include an option in MCM about this feature. I'll try to revisit this issue once it becomes possible to play the daily schedule repeatedly.

My first thought was to widen the tunnel (2x or 2.5x or something) and have two guards doing cavity searches simultaneously. We're already lined up in two lines before searches begin, and that would double the speed at which searches happen...

But, I like the idea of going through the whole thing the first time and then doing the fade in/out better.

Something similar could be done for the long ore mining/collect ore portion of the day... go through the whole day the first time (or two...?) and then on subsequent days, just do one mining/collection scene, then fade out for the rest. Just multiply the amount of ore received during the first scene by the number of scenes to determine how much food the slaves get.

Alternately (and this one requires a lot more work on your part... :) ) just mine for two or three days as per normal, then get sold... probably to another mine (Dremir's boss noticed the increase in productivity and wants the new girl to be put in one of his other mines), or sold randomly via SD+ (Dremir's boss noticed the poor performance of the new girl and wants to get rid of her)... I dunno.

Not everyone has sd, so that might not be the best idea. I suppose it could be a soft dependency option. Also, fast-forwarding the mining takes away the core of the mod.

It's true that, immersive as this mod is, it would become tedious to repeat the same thing for too many days in a row. It is the conundrum of every slavery mod - you want it to be lifelike up to a point, but you have to account for the fact that it is in a game. Real slavery would be tedious drudgery, but few people have the patience to roleplay tedious drudgery for long periods of time. So perhaps you could do, say, three days of work and then use a debug.messagebox to tell the player "the endless tedium of your routine makes the days blend together. Weeks, months, maybe years go by; you lose all sense of time. Eventually the entire concept loses its meaning."

Or something like that, which gives the idea that time had passed but didn't lock you into a specific amount. Then create the escape plan, but keep player optional so those who want to continue the slavery experience can ignore it and carry on, while those who want to move on can do so.

That's a good thought, jfraser.  I know SoT addressed the "tedium" earlier in this thread.  I remember something about setting up the framework of the workday first and then it would be filled with other events from punishments, sexlab anims and such.  Already there is a guard that will chase you down if you try to steal ore from another worker, though that is incomplete other than some empty dialogue.  Punishments, attacks and rape could all make the day more lively.

Some good thoughts though, having two guards and two lines for the inspection.  The only tricky thing there would be the subtitles, the orders would be competing with each other and it would get a bit jumbled.

You could use a similar method for ore collection.  Have the workers form two lines and bring the ore up to the smelter rather than have the guard walk up to each.  He could mark each slave as they drop off their ore.  It's also more dominant of the guard to have you bring him the ore rather than he walks up to each individually.

again i have to say that the quality of your animations is stunning, the feeding, the inspction, wonderfull!

BUT like others said before the pacing is a problem from a gamers point of view.

Maybei yo can make the schedule a bit leaner?

May i suggest?

8.00 - 12.00 mining

12.00 - 12.10 counting ores and feeding the slaves in the mine with bred (and/or skooma - if i remember correctly, the spaniards in old peru used coca-leafs to let the indios work harder in their silver-mines.)

12.10 - 16.00 mining

16.00 - 16.10 counting ores an feeding

16.10 - 20.00  mining

20.00 . counting ores, inspection (maybei only the new slave will be inspected?), main feeding at the throughs in the sleeping area.

20.30 - 22.00 partytime for the guards (and time for the slaves to forge plans for the big escape)

22.00 - 7.00 sleeping. After that, maybe breakfast - and a new day in the mines can start.

Wow, so many interesting ideas. Thanks everyone for the feedback :)

I definitely feel the need to address the pacing problem. I wrote in the design document that there should be more playable contents in the player slavery mods. So, I agree that filling much of the daily schedule with automated scenes is not the way to achieve this goal.

I just want you to understand that I may not be able to fix this problem immediately, due to my limited working time with this mod, and the sheer amount of time required to do anything complex with this platform. However, I'm taking this seriously and will do my best to address this issue in future releases.

My first thought was to widen the tunnel (2x or 2.5x or something) and have two guards doing cavity searches simultaneously. We're already lined up in two lines before searches begin, and that would double the speed at which searches happen...

But, I like the idea of going through the whole thing the first time and then doing the fade in/out better.

Something similar could be done for the long ore mining/collect ore portion of the day... go through the whole day the first time (or two...?) and then on subsequent days, just do one mining/collection scene, then fade out for the rest. Just multiply the amount of ore received during the first scene by the number of scenes to determine how much food the slaves get.

Alternately (and this one requires a lot more work on your part... :) ) just mine for two or three days as per normal, then get sold... probably to another mine (Dremir's boss noticed the increase in productivity and wants the new girl to be put in one of his other mines), or sold randomly via SD+ (Dremir's boss noticed the poor performance of the new girl and wants to get rid of her)... I dunno.

I think the idea of making two guards doing the searches simultaneously to be a nice one, however it's something very difficult to achieve in this platform. Even with just one guard, I'm struggling to avoid actors from blocking each others path and synchronizing their actions.

So, I prefer the fading out idea as it seems a bit easier to implement. Or, maybe we could just play the scene only once per a day.

I wish to extend the scope of this mod to include other places, however I'd like to defer it until I can finish what I've started in some reasonable degrees.

Not everyone has sd, so that might not be the best idea. I suppose it could be a soft dependency option. Also, fast-forwarding the mining takes away the core of the mod.

It's true that, immersive as this mod is, it would become tedious to repeat the same thing for too many days in a row. It is the conundrum of every slavery mod - you want it to be lifelike up to a point, but you have to account for the fact that it is in a game. Real slavery would be tedious drudgery, but few people have the patience to roleplay tedious drudgery for long periods of time. So perhaps you could do, say, three days of work and then use a debug.messagebox to tell the player "the endless tedium of your routine makes the days blend together. Weeks, months, maybe years go by; you lose all sense of time. Eventually the entire concept loses its meaning."

Or something like that, which gives the idea that time had passed but didn't lock you into a specific amount. Then create the escape plan, but keep player optional so those who want to continue the slavery experience can ignore it and carry on, while those who want to move on can do so.

I agree with what you said about balancing the realism and playability. I'm wondering if it'll require something more than a message box to mitigate the problem, since if I understood correctly, what you have suggested might account for skipping arbitrary in-game hours, not real playing hours while the latter is more relevant in dealing with the problem of repeated game play.

That's a good thought, jfraser.  I know SoT addressed the "tedium" earlier in this thread.  I remember something about setting up the framework of the workday first and then it would be filled with other events from punishments, sexlab anims and such.  Already there is a guard that will chase you down if you try to steal ore from another worker, though that is incomplete other than some empty dialogue.  Punishments, attacks and rape could all make the day more lively.

I definitely plan to add more events and plot elements through out the daily schedule. But I think the duration between the ore counting and the feeding scene is just too long, and there's not much room to add such contents between them. So I guess I'll have to cut some part of those scenes anyway to deal with this problem.

again i have to say that the quality of your animations is stunning, the feeding, the inspction, wonderfull!

BUT like others said before the pacing is a problem from a gamers point of view.

Maybei yo can make the schedule a bit leaner?

May i suggest?

8.00 - 12.00 mining

12.00 - 12.10 counting ores and feeding the slaves in the mine with bred (and/or skooma - if i remember correctly, the spaniards in old peru used coca-leafs to let the indios work harder in their silver-mines.)

12.10 - 16.00 mining

16.00 - 16.10 counting ores an feeding

16.10 - 20.00  mining

20.00 . counting ores, inspection (maybei only the new slave will be inspected?), main feeding at the throughs in the sleeping area.

20.30 - 22.00 partytime for the guards (and time for the slaves to forge plans for the big escape)

22.00 - 7.00 sleeping. After that, maybe breakfast - and a new day in the mines can start.

Thanks for the suggestion! Actually, I like your alternative schedule and want to do some experiment with the idea. One of the abandoned idea of mine was to let the guard throw a bread in a random direction so the player has to compete with other slaves to catch it. It's something difficult to achieve during the regular feeding scene where they are fed from the troughs. However it might be more feasible if we make one of the feeding scene in the working area as you suggested.

Hi Slaves of Tamriel, Maybe you can make player a different role in mine, Other workers cost all the day on the mining. Player will do less mining , and become a "sex toy" for the other workers.

Originally, I planned to assign different ranks between slaves so the player can progressively be promoted along this hierarchy. I'm still not sure how easy it would be to achieve it. But I'll certainly add number of events where the player is suppose to play a different role other than mining as a temporary diversions, once the mod passes the alpha stage.

Again, thanks everyone for the ideas. It help me a lot :)

Yes, the messagebox idea is really geared toward an overall feel of time passing. It wouldn't really effect in-moD pacing, so I guess in retrospect it wasn't really a propos for the conversion.

One of the limits of a mod like this (and it's no fault of yours, just a general limitation of the game mechanics) is that no time really passes when doing things that should take a very long time.

A perfect example, because it kind of mirrors what you are doing here, is the Cighna mine questline: it takes about two minutes real time, which equates to maybe an hour game time, to earn the trust of the foresworn. A little longer if you have the amazing Devious Cighna, but even then it takes much less than a single game day. This is a process that should take months, if not years. Obviously no one is going to play a game where you slowly build up trust over the course of multiple game years, so it's left to the player to imagine that happened.

[blatant self-promotion]At least until I finish the mod that will fix that[/blatant self-promotion]

Yes, the messagebox idea is really geared toward an overall feel of time passing. It wouldn't really effect in-moD pacing, so I guess in retrospect it wasn't really a propos for the conversion.

One of the limits of a mod like this (and it's no fault of yours, just a general limitation of the game mechanics) is that no time really passes when doing things that should take a very long time.

A perfect example, because it kind of mirrors what you are doing here, is the Cighna mine questline: it takes about two minutes real time, which equates to maybe an hour game time, to earn the trust of the foresworn. A little longer if you have the amazing Devious Cighna, but even then it takes much less than a single game day. This is a process that should take months, if not years. Obviously no one is going to play a game where you slowly build up trust over the course of multiple game years, so it's left to the player to imagine that happened.

[blatant self-promotion]At least until I finish the mod that will fix that[/blatant self-promotion]

This script (suitably modified) might help a bit with immersion, so the calendar date changes...?

I mean, rather than "you've spent ten years locked in a tiny cell" and the date is still the same.

Probably better than set timescale to 2000000000 or something like that... less buggy?

Meh, I dunno...