Slaves of Tamriel (Obsolete - Please use theFirstHeretic's version)

View File

Slaves of Tamriel is no longer actively maintained by myself, but thankfully, theFirstHeretic has taken over the work and started his own thread.

Please visit the new thread to download and discuss about the mod.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    11/16/2014
  • Category
  • Requires
    SkyUI, SexLab Frameworks, ZaZ Animation Pack, ZaZ HDT Workshop, SlaveTats
  • Special Edition Compatible

Trying this out, however...

(Important) Do you see a MCM menu item? Does it transport you to the mining facility when you select it?

The MCM menu item does not show up for me. I've tried shifting the mod around in my load order, from early to last.

Also, for Slavetats do I just need SlaveTats 1.0.5 installed? Or do I need the CN version and/or one of the packs in SlaveTat's download page?

(Important) Do you see a MCM menu item? Does it transport you to the mining facility when you select it?

The MCM menu item does not show up for me. I've tried shifting the mod around in my load order, from early to last.

Also, for Slavetats do I just need SlaveTats 1.0.5 installed? Or do I need the CN version and/or one of the packs in SlaveTat's download page?

Same problem here. Everything checks out but the MCM menu won´t appear. 

Now don´t think this the wrong way, but I´m glad it´s not just me. 

Same problem here. Everything checks out but the MCM menu won´t appear. 

Now don´t think this the wrong way, but I´m glad it´s not just me. 

Could you attach the Papyrus log file, please? It's hard to know what went wrong without seeing the log messages.

I really feel like I should point this out if it's not a mistake you made then my bad I am sorry for presuming But I had the same problem with the mcm menu not appearing until I realized that I had put the mods Data folder inside my skyrim data folder (skyrim/data/data :dodgy: ) I fixed this and then after a little time in game the mcm menu appeared as it should. It's an easy mistake to make because of the way the mod is packed. in the archive. also If you do have it installed startquest sltminequest (poked around in the ck before I realised) will start it automatically and should make the mcm menu appear as well. (though by that point you don't need it)

I really feel like I should point this out if it's not a mistake you made then my bad I am sorry for presuming But I had the same problem with the mcm menu not appearing until I realized that I had put the mods Data folder inside my skyrim data folder (skyrim/data/data :dodgy: ) I fixed this and then after a little time in game the mcm menu appeared as it should. It's an easy mistake to make because of the way the mod is packed. in the archive. also If you do have it installed startquest sltminequest (poked around in the ck before I realised) will start it automatically and should make the mcm menu appear as well. (though by that point you don't need it)

Urg... you're right. I messed up the directory structure when I hand-picked resources to create the archive.

Thanks much! And my apologies for anyone who's been affected by this problem. I've uploaded new file with proper directory structure now.

Yep that's what happened. The esp is outside of the data folder.

Here is a fix for those who use Mod Organizer:

1. Extract the Slaves of Tamriel archive.

2. Move the esp file into the Data folder

3. Open the Data folder, select all of the folders and esp file and create a new archive. (I use 7-zip)

4. Name the new archive Slaves of Tamriel and reinstall it with Mod Organizer, replacing the old file.

MCM menu should show up now and the quest can be started!

I like the idea, makes sense. Unfortunately, I'm not a modder so there's not much I can do to help. I will, however, be keeping an eye on this. One obvious subquest that comes to mind is a cave-in trapping the miners, and the player has to lead the slaves in digging their way out. Then, low on breathable air, their picks break into a drauger-infested tomb, and ... Sorry, I'm a writer at heart. Can't help myself. But your mod's a great improvement on the standard SD scenario. Keep up with it.

Everything seemed to work fine so far. On UNP textures the chest tattoos were rather stretched (also using hdt) but no problems with others. Interested to see what else youve got in store for us!

Thanks! Good to know that it's at least playable with UNP. Hopefully, we'll get another set for UNP later.

I like the idea, makes sense. Unfortunately, I'm not a modder so there's not much I can do to help. I will, however, be keeping an eye on this. One obvious subquest that comes to mind is a cave-in trapping the miners, and the player has to lead the slaves in digging their way out. Then, low on breathable air, their picks break into a drauger-infested tomb, and ... Sorry, I'm a writer at heart. Can't help myself. But your mod's a great improvement on the standard SD scenario. Keep up with it.

I like the idea of a mine slave, but not your slave. I preferred it to yourself owning mine slaves. And while you receive the proceeds from the sale of minerals or mineral receive.

I respect your preference regarding different fetishes and sexual orientations. But for me, I'll have to make it suitable for mine. Hopefully, someday when this mod matures enough, it could be made pluggable so others could easily write add-ons to suit their own tastes.

I like the idea of a drauger tomb though. But it'll be far beyond the intended scope of my mod for now.

Very interesting concept. Some observations after my first try:

The boss npc that brands the player with the slavetats , was constantly relocating himself up on the table then he was walking to the chair, sitting for some time, then he would try to move again getting stuck between the chair and the table, sometimes getting up on the table again then back sitting on the chair.

The 1st slave on your right when you enter the mine, stopped working after sometime and moved through the door, eventually sitting on the chair. After that, one guard was keep punishing her at times, and she still stayed there.

I will launch the mod again tomorrow on another save to see if these specific events are consistent.

Currently there only is the working part, or do the slaves actually get moved at the end of the day to rest and get their ore counted? if that is implemented, does it work when waiting a few hours to get the time to midnight?

Everything so far looked great, i hope we will get to see more down the road :)

Very interesting concept. Some observations after my first try:

The boss npc that brands the player with the slavetats , was constantly relocating himself up on the table then he was walking to the chair, sitting for some time, then he would try to move again getting stuck between the chair and the table, sometimes getting up on the table again then back sitting on the chair.

Does it happen while the introduction scene is played? Could you tell me exactly when this happens(for instance, between which dialogues), or whether it happens all the time between saves?

The 1st slave on your right when you enter the mine, stopped working after sometime and moved through the door, eventually sitting on the chair. After that, one guard was keep punishing her at times, and she still stayed there.

I will launch the mod again tomorrow on another save to see if these specific events are consistent.

Currently there only is the working part, or do the slaves actually get moved at the end of the day to rest and get their ore counted? if that is implemented, does it work when waiting a few hours to get the time to midnight?

Everything so far looked great, i hope we will get to see more down the road :)

Nice catch :) I better fix the problem of cell doors not being locked after the player enters the room, and probably mark the chair ignored by the sandbox AI.

Currently, there's not much actual content implemented. But the counting part is something I've been working on for a while, so probably it'll be the first thing to be added in the next version.

Thanks for the detailed feedback!

OK, the MCM didn't show like what happened for the rest of the group. I tried to reorganize the directory as suggested. Still nothing. Maybe I didn't organize it quite right.

I've uploaded a new version with correct directory structure. Maybe uninstalling the old version and installing the new one might help. If not, please check the Papyrus log file and see if you can see any relevant error messages there.

Indeed, it did happen during the introduction scene, before the dialogue was finished. I think that after the slavetats and restrains were put, he no longer acted weird, but maybe i didn't notice if he did that again, because the guards later kept the player busy, hehe :P.

Looking forward to your future work as well!

Excellent work! Beautiful screenshots!
I want to say a big thank you for it.
I hope you will bring it to completion.
Sorry for my english...
Little question: What replacer female body supporting pregnancy and skeleton are you using?

Thanks for the kind words! As you can clearly see, my English is no better than yours, so don't worry :)

I'm currently using CBBE + XPM32. But actually I'm not sure about how I got HDT or belly scaling working. I'm still not very knowledgeable about HDT or BodySlide stuffs, so I just barely got it working by installing many possibly conflicting mods.

So, for this subject, I'm afraid I can't provide you any useful pointers. Sorry.

Q. (Important) Does the game look similar to the uploaded screenshots? Do you see any visual glitches?

A. None so far. I use UNPB and the tats are legible, no complaints.

Q. Does the gate guard punish you appropriately, if you linger on the ramp?

Yes. If I linger, he yells and wacks me with his crop.

Q. Does the NPC who's waiting for you down the ramp seated in a chair, or in air?

A. He is seated.

Q. When a NPC tries to put restraints on you, is he aligned properly to your character?

A. I think so (don't remember! :P), it wasn't something that I noticed.

Q. (Important) Again, when the above happens, does the NPC plays proper animation? If not, does running GenerateFNISforUsers.exe fixes it?

A. Nothing struck me as being out of place animation wise for putting on the gag or slave irons.

Q. Does the NPC who's leading you to the mining room punish you properly when you lag behind? Or does it randomly hit you even when you're close to him?

A. He punished me once for lingering, after that I was sure to move quickly!

Q. Is the NPC at the table in front of the mining room seated properly in his chair?

A. Yes

Q. Does he closes doors as you enter and exit the area?

A. I think so, I'll have to check again when I do another run.

Q. While talking with him, does the guard inside the working area tries to punish you? (it should not happen)

A. I think he ran in and looked like he was about to, then stopped and turned around.

Q. Upon entering the mining room, is any of the slaves working?

A. Yes, some were

Do all slaves have proper branding/dirt textures?

(Important) If you are not using CBBE, how does the tatoo set look like?

Q. (If you have BeeingFemale installed) Does any of slaves have menstruation cycle or is pregnant?

A. Don't have it installed.

Q. Does the guard tries to punish any idling slaves (including you)?

A. Yes 

Q. Does the guard sometimes do some funny fast side steps when trying to punish a slave?

A. Didn't notice him doing tat.

Q. How many of slaves work simultaneously? Do you think too many or too few slaves work at any given time?

A. Most of the time two, sometimes three. One slave as mentioned above moved into the guard room and stayed there even after being punished several times.

Q. How good is the guard at punishing idling slaves? Does he punish any specific slave more often than others? Or does he never punish certain slaves even when they are idling?

A. Hmmm, didn't notice, I'll be more aware of this next time.

Q. Is the guard stuck by a dialog interrupt when he's near the player? (Like constantly saying "Do you need something?)

A. No

Q. Do you hear heavy breathing sound from you or other slaves when stamina is low?

A. Yes, but it seemed like it was all the time, even after my stamina had recovered.

Q. Do you get ores at a proper rate? How hard it is to compete with other slaves? (You can count the number of ores each slaves has mined so far)

A. Well considering I was a weak breton girl with a 60 stamina there was at least one slave that was getting ores like twice as fast.

Q. (Important) do you see sometimes ores continue to be mined even after you stopped working?

A. Yes! Interesting thing that. Because I was so weak and was pretty sneaky I decided to steal some of my fellow worker's ore that was just laying around. I got caught anyway and a helmeted guard showed up. I submited to him and I was put in a hogtie idle, but the dialogue was looped would go back and forth from "hold it right there" to (submit to the guard). It allowed me to TAB out so I did. I was kept stuck in the hogtie position and the guard left not doing anything else. I could scoot around on my belly and occasionally ore would drop near me no matter if I was near a mine or not. I was able to scoot out of the mine, past the guard post, and up to the branding guard without anyone complaining. I then, still in the hogtied position, attempted to pick the pocket of the guard to try to get the chest key. I was caught and another guard showed up with the same "hold it right there" / (submit to the guard) loop. I decided then that I was too bugged to continue and quit.

Some thoughts...

The stamina drain was really fast, like perhaps 10 seconds in real time before my girl was exhausted. But then again was a weak 1st level Breton.

Some attention to needs mods should be addressed, like work shifts with a place to sleep for the slaves, food and water/ale given to them now and then (like Prison Overhaul).

The gold popping in, perhaps limit it so it doesn't spawn at the player but only at the mine node she is working at?  I also notice this mod changes the mining script that crafting overhaul also changes, so there might be compatibility issues. 

Also, I could with enough clicking activate the smelter (since the smelter girl did nothing yet when I talked about her except ordering through her gag to give her ore) and melt gold ore into bars. 

While I could equip any spells or weapons (the pickaxe for example) I couldn't actually ready any, which foiled my first attempt at breaking out. Is this intentional?

The steam coming from my girl's leg during the branding scene was a nice touch. However, considering how extensive the slave's tats/brands are it might be good to put a fade to black moment here. Also, the wheel wouldn't allow the brands from the back?  As an alternative, perhaps one brand is done, then then the rest are actually  tattoos are done in a room with an object that allows a character to be either on her back and belly and a tattoo artist (slave or otherwise) applies them.  

Kudos to your efforts, looking forward to this mod's future!

@Reigor

Wow, thanks very much for such a detailed feedback! It's super helpful, and I really appreciate it.

Q. Do you hear heavy breathing sound from you or other slaves when stamina is low?

A. Yes, but it seemed like it was all the time, even after my stamina had recovered.

Actually, other slaves play that sound effect too, when there stamina falls below 80%. They use a different sound model, but I also think they are not sufficiently differentiated from the 1st person version. It's something which needs improvements in future.

If you suspect the 1st person effect continues to play after your stamina has been recovered, try to go somewhere where there's no others slaves near you and experiment with player.damageav "stamina" xxx console command.

Q. Do you get ores at a proper rate? How hard it is to compete with other slaves? (You can count the number of ores each slaves has mined so far)

A. Well considering I was a weak breton girl with a 60 stamina there was at least one slave that was getting ores like twice as fast.

I suppose I need to adjust it so that slaves won't show such performance differences as big as 100%. It could become a problem since I'm trying to make put tally marks (not a brand/or tattoo which is permanent) according to the numbers. So it better not exceeds the largest number the current tattoo set supports, which is 20.

Q. (Important) do you see sometimes ores continue to be mined even after you stopped working?

A. Yes! Interesting thing that. Because I was so weak and was pretty sneaky I decided to steal some of my fellow worker's ore that was just laying around. I got caught anyway and a helmeted guard showed up. I submited to him and I was put in a hogtie idle, but the dialogue was looped would go back and forth from "hold it right there" to (submit to the guard). It allowed me to TAB out so I did. I was kept stuck in the hogtie position and the guard left not doing anything else. I could scoot around on my belly and occasionally ore would drop near me no matter if I was near a mine or not. I was able to scoot out of the mine, past the guard post, and up to the branding guard without anyone complaining. I then, still in the hogtied position, attempted to pick the pocket of the guard to try to get the chest key. I was caught and another guard showed up with the same "hold it right there" / (submit to the guard) loop. I decided then that I was too bugged to continue and quit.

Urg... this seems to be the biggest problem which needs to be solved. The arresting part is broken because it's not implemented yet, so you don't have to worry. But the auto-mining problem is caused by a run away registerForSingleUpdate call the reason for which I'm so far unable to pinpoint. But it's good to know it's a real problem and not something only happen in my environment.

Some attention to needs mods should be addressed, like work shifts with a place to sleep for the slaves, food and water/ale given to them now and then (like Prison Overhaul).

Definately :) Actually, it'll be the crucial element for the mod as I've written in the design document. I'm thinking about slaves being awarded food according to their mining performance, and possibly deprived of food or sleep for designated time when it got caught stealing or disobeying the orders.

I believe it could be a way we might be able to introduce some challenge and some aiming in a player slaver mod such as this.

While I could equip any spells or weapons (the pickaxe for example) I couldn't actually ready any, which foiled my first attempt at breaking out. Is this intentional?

Yes, currently it's a deadend when you enter the mine once. (It's not even attached to any exterior location, so even if you can cast spells, you got nowhere to go :))

As many others have suggested, I'll try to add decent possibility of escaping later on. And then, we could add some way to remove a collar and gag, which is currently prevent player from casting magic.

The steam coming from my girl's leg during the branding scene was a nice touch. However, considering how extensive the slave's tats/brands are it might be good to put a fade to black moment here.

I really like this idea, and will try to implement in the next version. Thanks for the idea!

I found some issues...

a flying candlelight

attachicon.gifSLT Candle.jpg

and a conflict with SD

(punishment to bleedout and enslavement... handcuffed,I can not working)

A good catch! Thanks :)

As to the conflict with SD(or any other mod which utilizes bleedout event), I'm not decided yet how to handle it. For now, I'm leaning towards keep it as it is, because we will probably need to use the bleedout event ourselves, and I don't think it would be easy to run SD when you're enslaved in this mod without breaking either of them anyway.

I would love to see male slaves intoduced to this, something like male slaves mine ... female slaves got to get them water and food and have to take away what they mined for. They could be tied together as a team for like 2 or 3 days and the ore output determines if they get punished or so as a team (for example if ure not fast enough getting water and food to ur mate his production slows down and so on). This would add the possibility for male pcs to be enslaved here + it would open the field for a lot of interactions between the slaves. Ranging from certain male slaves get female slaves as reward too a probably bad ended love story between 2 slaves or even u and another slave teaming up to flee from that fate. Also it would, at least for me help immersion as i dont actually see females as the best mining workers (call me sexist ^^).