Slaves of Tamriel (Obsolete - Please use theFirstHeretic's version)

Thank for very good mood  hope you continue ...... :angel:

Nice animations too

Got a problem though. When eating one of the other slaves is eating eating eating looooooong time after the other is finished and when she finally stops nothing happens . Maybe its me who is impatient ...... but after waiting a while i quit :(

post-28-0-02691800-1425548029_thumb.jpg clipping

I understand you want to remove the whole eating scene good idea. (all that scripted moving around)

As with other very scripted mods its a bomb cant you make the moving player/pc controlled to avoid all the scripted moves?

Ex::    "Go into cell!"...Player controlled PC goes into cell, with consequences if not mowing.....?

Good Work really like it

Edit: Just read the whole thread ....the mod stops here :(  read...read!

Thank for very good mood  hope you continue ...... :angel:

Nice animations too

Got a problem though. When eating one of the other slaves is eating eating eating looooooong time after the other is finished and when she finally stops nothing happens . Maybe its me who is impatient ...... but after waiting a while i quit :(

attachicon.gifenb 2015_03_04 14_51_29_69.jpg clipping

I understand you want to remove the whole eating scene good idea. (all that scripted moving around)

As with other very scripted mods its a bomb cant you make the moving player/pc controlled to avoid all the scripted moves?

Ex::    "Go into cell!"...Player controlled PC goes into cell, with consequences if not mowing.....?

Good Work really like it

Edit: Just read the whole thread ....the mod stops here :(  read...read!

As said in the description of the mod, under 'schedule', that's all he's done so far. Hasn't completed a day cycle yet so it can't be looped.

Status Update

I added some insects and rats there which are just down scaled and non-aggressive versions of chaurus and skeevers each. I was unable to find a way to change the default chaurus' voice so they sound unnaturally loud which is a bit annoying. But seeing those bugs crawling through the hay beds feels quite immersive, so I'm going to let it stay that way.

If the chaurus are too loud replace them with spiders.

Maybe I missed something but I didn't see you mention in the description of how you go about getting the quest and becoming a slave?

Right now you either go into the mcm and hit the start mod button or [shameless plug] get Simple Slavery, in which SoT is one of the slavery outcomes you could face[/shameless plug]

Status Update

Sorry, it's another status update without announcing a new version. After the last version, I've been quite occupied with other projects so I'm only spending couple of hours for working on this mod per week, so the progress has been painfully slow. Hopefully, it would change soon so I'll be able to complete the work required for the next version.

Anyway, I've decided not to make the lengthy cavity search scene to be skippable, but change the schedule instead, so it only plays once per day.

To be specific, when a day starts, the slaves will be led to the dining area from their cells to be fed (no cavity search necessary) then led to the working area and processed as the player was once processed in the beginning of the mod.

Around the noon, they won't be led out of the working area but thrown some breads there instead.

In the evening, they will be led out from the working place to the dining area after a cavity search and led to their sleeping quarter after that.

Currently, I'm testing a proof-of-concept scene, in which the guard throws number of breads one by one in a random direction, and the slaves (including the player) follow them on their all-fours to catch them.

It looks pretty good as it is, but as the NPC slaves seem to be rather slower than the player, I guess the player need some kind of a handicap to make the competition really enjoyable.

When it's finished, I'll replace the midday feeding scene with it, and release the new version as soon as I'll add a MCM option to end the quest safely.

By the way, I'd like to mention Tibol's drawings because they are what inspired me to create this mod. If you found the content of my mod interesting, chances are that you might enjoy them too :

I wish I knew how to make the slave NPCs to push an ore cart in Skyrim :)

Place 2 invisible markers: start and end. Have a slave get behind a cart with appropriate pose at the start marker. Get 2 marker's, slave's and cart's postions (XYZ). slave.TranslateTo(endX-startX + slaveX, endY-startY + slaveY, endZ-startZ + slaveZ,  0,0,0,    speed, 0).  At the same time make the slave play walking animation. You'll have to find a good speed value (100 or whatever). At the same time translate the cart (replace slave coordinates with cart's). They'll move in a straight line together. It's best to place the slave already facing the cart, but you could also rotate them with the script, so you'd do that before translating (rotate towards the end marker).

Status Update

Sorry, it's another status update without announcing a new version. After the last version, I've been quite occupied with other projects so I'm only spending couple of hours for working on this mod per week, so the progress has been painfully slow. Hopefully, it would change soon so I'll be able to complete the work required for the next version.

Anyway, I've decided not to make the lengthy cavity search scene to be skippable, but change the schedule instead, so it only plays once per day.

To be specific, when a day starts, the slaves will be led to the dining area from their cells to be fed (no cavity search necessary) then led to the working area and processed as the player was once processed in the beginning of the mod.

Around the noon, they won't be led out of the working area but thrown some breads there instead.

In the evening, they will be led out from the working place to the dining area after a cavity search and led to their sleeping quarter after that.

Currently, I'm testing a proof-of-concept scene, in which the guard throws number of breads one by one in a random direction, and the slaves (including the player) follow them on their all-fours to catch them.

It looks pretty good as it is, but as the NPC slaves seem to be rather slower than the player, I guess the player need some kind of a handicap to make the competition really enjoyable.

When it's finished, I'll replace the midday feeding scene with it, and release the new version as soon as I'll add a MCM option to end the quest safely.

By the way, I'd like to mention Tibol's drawings because they are what inspired me to create this mod. If you found the content of my mod interesting, chances are that you might enjoy them too :

Place 2 invisible markers: start and end. Have a slave get behind a cart with appropriate pose at the start marker. Get 2 marker's, slave's and cart's postions (XYZ). slave.TranslateTo(endX-startX + slaveX, endY-startY + slaveY, endZ-startZ + slaveZ, 0,0,0, speed, 0). At the same time make the slave play walking animation. You'll have to find a good speed value (100 or whatever). At the same time translate the cart (replace slave coordinates with cart's). They'll move in a straight line together. It's best to place the slave already facing the cart, but you could also rotate them with the script, so you'd do that before translating (rotate towards the end marker).

That's much too logical. This is the CK. It couldn't possibly be that simple.

Status Update

Place 2 invisible markers: start and end. Have a slave get behind a cart with appropriate pose at the start marker. Get 2 marker's, slave's and cart's postions (XYZ). slave.TranslateTo(endX-startX + slaveX, endY-startY + slaveY, endZ-startZ + slaveZ,  0,0,0,    speed, 0).  At the same time make the slave play walking animation. You'll have to find a good speed value (100 or whatever). At the same time translate the cart (replace slave coordinates with cart's). They'll move in a straight line together. It's best to place the slave already facing the cart, but you could also rotate them with the script, so you'd do that before translating (rotate towards the end marker).

Well darkconsole and I are working on carts , but more of Pull carts than anything else  . Using Skyrims prisoner carriages they are a bit big but , could be possible to shrink down and make them into a push cart , only thing required is small change in the skeleton so as the cart could be attached to the bone 

In time I suppose ^^

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/19865-devious-devices-assets/page-120?do=findComment&comment=1093960

Bugs:

-The guard gets stuck in the narrow passage near a rock (make a wider passage or remove the rock and adjust navmesh?) as you're led from the wheel for the 1st time to the door, and also when 6 slaves follow the guard to go eat. When the guard is stuck you can run around, steal the key to the chest and loot all your stuff back.

-You can equip a pickaxe into either hand. Depending on the hand you will have 2 pickaxes when mining (1 in hands, another on the belt)

-When told to stand up sometimes you have to jump like 10 times for the guard to realize you're standing up.

-When being whipped you can collapse on the ground and get stuck lying like that.

-Can't eat food from the trough, no matter where I look the prompt shows 'talk to slave 45'

-Gliding while sitting/crouching (without moving the legs)

Well darkconsole and I are working on carts , but more of Pull carts than anything else  . Using Skyrims prisoner carriages they are a bit big but , could be possible to shrink down and make them into a push cart , only thing required is small change in the skeleton so as the cart could be attached to the bone 

In time I suppose ^^

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/19865-devious-devices-assets/page-120?do=findComment&comment=1093960

Can you replace the cart with a char that has a collar and a chain that goes forward? The char that pulls the cart also has a collar, but the chain goes backwards and overlaps with a piece of another chain so when the 2nd char lags behind you don't see the gap. Then you'd have a chaingang or

slave caravans

o-----------======-------------o

/\....................................../\

/\....................................../\

===== is where the chains overlap

there's a craftingmillpush.kf animation which looks like the character is pushing a cart in case you want to use that.

post-127324-0-94911000-1426052978_thumb.jpg

A branding iron hoe, to see it in action type

player.playidle idlehoe

You'll probably have to find another animation for it and change it to weapon or something. Or you could have slaves wiggle and try to avoid the iron and it'll look like the guard is correcting the aim.

You can change the branding pattern by editing the alpha, but nobody's gonna look at that lol

brandinghoe.7z

This looks like a great mod but I'm getting a few bugs.

1, no dialogue even with subtitles enabled.
2, Tats don't show on my player (I have the latest tat's mod installed) - Fixed

3, I keep seeing "Synchronization Failed" at the top left of the screen?

Any ideas?

thanks

EDIT: Slave dialogue does seem to be working, but no dialogue from the guards.

So, last night I finally girled up and tested this gem. Outstanding!
Everything worked quite well for me, aside from some minor script delays. Some people here mentioned that the waiting period for processing and cavity search were too long. That was no problem for me, I'm a really patient person, and the immersion was so intense that the waiting even increased my excitement. I felt my heart beating all the time :D

I had to play it twice to fully absorb the atmosphere, and after that it even haunted me in my dreams :D

I love to dive into a good story, and you really have me on your hook here. I'm looking forward to future updates! :)

Sorry everyone for not having been able to write a reply sooner. Today, I finally was able to squeeze a few hours for reading this thread and also for working on this mod again.

The only non-mining content that I'm totally desperate to see is maybe a way to dig your way out of the mine to escape.

With a friend. Let's say... a priest.

Ooh... maybe your friend dies when the escape tunnel caves in at some point!

Only it turns out the priest had a map to an island with lots of treasure chests!

I've got some vague ideas about the player escaping the mine by taking the place of his dead friend's corpse, and then joining a smuggler's crew at that point, but they're not really fleshed out.

And it's all a big tale about betrayal and vengeance and intrigue, with sword fights and all sorts of interesting stuff!

I know how it ends, too... you end up deciding that the priest was right all along and revenge was not a good use of your life, so you settle down with your old girlfriend.

You could call it - Slaves of Tamriel, the Countess of the Mountain of Crisco!

Seriously, though, I love the mod, and however long it takes or however much or little detail is added, it's all good.

I have to say that you've made me a bit worried, as I suppose my mod wouldn't be able to match your your diverse imaginations :) But seriously, there will be definitely an option to escape the mine before the official release, and I'll try to make it as interesting.

And thanks for your patience! I really appreciate it especially when I regret I can't spend more time to work on this mod.

Yes, I love it too, and I agree that the total immersion is what makes it great. My main concern was for your well-being. Modding is very time and energy consuming, and it's very easy to get bogged down in details and get burned out. If you're still excited about the mod, then carry on. :)

Thanks for the heads up SoT :)

It sounds great. 

Are you going to add more content with the Being Female mod?

That is my plan. I tried to make at least one slave to be pregnant at the start of the quest but for some reason, it seems to be broken in the latest version. Other than that, I'm planning to add some dialogues for guards which varies depending on whether or not a slave is in her period or pregnancy. Or make the pregnancy affect the mining performance.

They are relatively easy to do, so I think they'll be implemented some time in the beta cycle.

I have a bug: When i must go to the wheel the guard just stands there and i'm standing and nothing happens..

Could you try it again from a clean start and see if the problem persists? If so, please check out the Papyrus log and let me know if you find anything suspicious.

The dirt in slavetats is pixelated.

What texture pack have you installed? A screenshot would also help me better understand you problem.

This mod is awfully script heavy, and it's inevitable once it introduces other slaves who are essentially treated the same as the player. As to the problem you described, I already replaced the whole feeding scene with a new one which takes place in slaves' cells. So I suppose (or at least, hope) it won't be a problem anymore with the next release.

Yeah, I tried that too and they seem to be quite loud themselves. As they are both noisy, I might end up using spiders anyway if I found them to be more immersive that the chauruses. I just hope there were some mods which provide more critter options. like flies or roaches.

Thanks for the suggestion. But I think it would only work for scripted NPCs which is predetermined to move at constant speed to a destination. It might look great for props but I rather prefer such an opportunity to expand player's experience.

In time I suppose ^^

Wow, it looks fantastic! I'll follow the progress and will try it myself as soon as it's released. Thanks for sharing this :)

Bugs:

-The guard gets stuck in the narrow passage near a rock (make a wider passage or remove the rock and adjust navmesh?) as you're led from the wheel for the 1st time to the door, and also when 6 slaves follow the guard to go eat. When the guard is stuck you can run around, steal the key to the chest and loot all your stuff back.

-You can equip a pickaxe into either hand. Depending on the hand you will have 2 pickaxes when mining (1 in hands, another on the belt)

-When told to stand up sometimes you have to jump like 10 times for the guard to realize you're standing up.

-When being whipped you can collapse on the ground and get stuck lying like that.

-Can't eat food from the trough, no matter where I look the prompt shows 'talk to slave 45'

The problem with NPCs being stuck has caused so much trouble from the beginning due to the nature of this mod, and only recently I have found a viable workaround. (It's not a navmesh problem, and it also happens when there's enough space to move.)

I think I can at least solve the latter case by applying this workaround, so I'll try to fix it in the next release.

I'm not sure if I understood the duplicated pickaxe problem correctly. Could you tell me how to reproduce it?

I occasionally experience the same problem with NPCs being inactivated after a whipping but so far I was not able to come up with a fix. But I know a hack to 'revive' the actor, so if I fail to find the solution and if the problem seem to happen frequently, I might consider including that hack as an 'emergency button' in the MCM later.

As to the other issues with standing up and gliding, I suppose they can be fixed but I think it'll need sometime before I can start working on them.

Thanks much for the detailed feedback!

attachicon.gifbrandingiron.JPG

player.playidle idlehoe

You'll probably have to find another animation for it and change it to weapon or something. Or you could have slaves wiggle and try to avoid the iron and it'll look like the guard is correcting the aim.

You can change the branding pattern by editing the alpha, but nobody's gonna look at that lol

Wow, looks great! It's just something I needed for the branding scene! I'll try to replace the current branding scene in the next version using it. Thanks! :)

Any ideas?

thanks

Actually you shouldn't be seeing any dialogue options from the slaves, as they are not implemented yet. So, I suspect the mod has failed to start for some reason and it did not disable dialogue options for the slaves.

'Synchronization failed' message could be from SlaveTat, and possibly related to the fore mentioned problem. So, I'd recommend you to check the Papyrus log to see if there's any error messages when you start this mod.

Everything worked quite well for me, aside from some minor script delays. Some people here mentioned that the waiting period for processing and cavity search were too long. That was no problem for me, I'm a really patient person, and the immersion was so intense that the waiting even increased my excitement. I felt my heart beating all the time :D

I had to play it twice to fully absorb the atmosphere, and after that it even haunted me in my dreams :D

I love to dive into a good story, and you really have me on your hook here. I'm looking forward to future updates! :)

Thanks for such encouraging words! :)

Status Update

As you can see, the development has been so abysmally slow since the last release, but I've been able to make small progresses from time to time when I'm able to squeeze a few hours to work on this mod.

So far, I've almost finished with designing the sleeping quarter for the slaves, and the new feeding scene which takes place there. Each cell has two troughs and one bucket toilet which the slaves will use occasionally when they are locked inside the cell.

I thought about integrating one of the 'private need' type mods to handle the toilet part, but I found it problematic, because I don't want peeing events to break a scene from running correctly, etc. So, I'm trying to include a light weight version of 'bladder control' for each slaves so that they try to use the bucket at appropriate times.

I believe the new feeding scene needs just a couple of days' work more. So, I expect them to be finished sometime early next month, as now I'm working for a few hours on every weekends.

As always, thanks for your patience!

Sorry everyone for not having been able to write a reply sooner. Today, I finally was able to squeeze a few hours for reading this thread and also for working on this mod again.

The only non-mining content that I'm totally desperate to see is maybe a way to dig your way out of the mine to escape.

Only it turns out the priest had a map to an island with lots of treasure chests!

I've got some vague ideas about the player escaping the mine by taking the place of his dead friend's corpse, and then joining a smuggler's crew at that point, but they're not really fleshed out.

And it's all a big tale about betrayal and vengeance and intrigue, with sword fights and all sorts of interesting stuff!

I know how it ends, too... you end up deciding that the priest was right all along and revenge was not a good use of your life, so you settle down with your old girlfriend.

Seriously, though, I love the mod, and however long it takes or however much or little detail is added, it's all good.

I have to say that you've made me a bit worried, as I suppose my mod wouldn't be able to match your your diverse imaginations :) But seriously, there will be definitely an option to escape the mine before the official release, and I'll try to make it as interesting.

And thanks for your patience! I really appreciate it especially when I regret I can't spend more time to work on this mod.

Heh... I was just being a dork. Ignore me. :)

That's one of those books that's better in an abridged format. Apparently there were no editors back in the day; books just rambled on and on. Dickens was the worst - he would repeat the same thing over and over in different ways, and would say the same thing multiple times with just a slight variation on the wording. Worst of all, he would keep pounding an idea into the reader's head using similar verbiage over the course of a few pages. His books would be about thirty pages long if he had said everything just once.

That's one of those books that's better in an abridged format. Apparently there were no editors back in the day; books just rambled on and on. Dickens was the worst - he would repeat the same thing over and over in different ways, and would say the same thing multiple times with just a slight variation on the wording. Worst of all, he would keep pounding an idea into the reader's head using similar verbiage over the course of a few pages. His books would be about thirty pages long if he had said everything just once.

Have you ever read Remembrance of Things Past?

They say that the famous scientist Stor Hjerne, on a bet, tried to read it, and got halfway through Swan's Way before keeling over, dead. The coronor said his brain "looked like swiss cheese."

Yes, I love it too, and I agree that the total immersion is what makes it great. My main concern was for your well-being. Modding is very time and energy consuming, and it's very easy to get bogged down in details and get burned out. If you're still excited about the mod, then carry on. :)

Thanks for the heads up SoT :)

It sounds great. 

Are you going to add more content with the Being Female mod?

That is my plan. I tried to make at least one slave to be pregnant at the start of the quest but for some reason, it seems to be broken in the latest version. Other than that, I'm planning to add some dialogues for guards which varies depending on whether or not a slave is in her period or pregnancy. Or make the pregnancy affect the mining performance.

They are relatively easy to do, so I think they'll be implemented some time in the beta cycle.

I have a bug: When i must go to the wheel the guard just stands there and i'm standing and nothing happens..

Could you try it again from a clean start and see if the problem persists? If so, please check out the Papyrus log and let me know if you find anything suspicious.

The dirt in slavetats is pixelated.

What texture pack have you installed? A screenshot would also help me better understand you problem.

This mod is awfully script heavy, and it's inevitable once it introduces other slaves who are essentially treated the same as the player. As to the problem you described, I already replaced the whole feeding scene with a new one which takes place in slaves' cells. So I suppose (or at least, hope) it won't be a problem anymore with the next release.

Yeah, I tried that too and they seem to be quite loud themselves. As they are both noisy, I might end up using spiders anyway if I found them to be more immersive that the chauruses. I just hope there were some mods which provide more critter options. like flies or roaches.

Thanks for the suggestion. But I think it would only work for scripted NPCs which is predetermined to move at constant speed to a destination. It might look great for props but I rather prefer such an opportunity to expand player's experience.

In time I suppose ^^

Wow, it looks fantastic! I'll follow the progress and will try it myself as soon as it's released. Thanks for sharing this :)

Bugs:

The problem with NPCs being stuck has caused so much trouble from the beginning due to the nature of this mod, and only recently I have found a viable workaround. (It's not a navmesh problem, and it also happens when there's enough space to move.)

I think I can at least solve the latter case by applying this workaround, so I'll try to fix it in the next release.

I'm not sure if I understood the duplicated pickaxe problem correctly. Could you tell me how to reproduce it?

I occasionally experience the same problem with NPCs being inactivated after a whipping but so far I was not able to come up with a fix. But I know a hack to 'revive' the actor, so if I fail to find the solution and if the problem seem to happen frequently, I might consider including that hack as an 'emergency button' in the MCM later.

As to the other issues with standing up and gliding, I suppose they can be fixed but I think it'll need sometime before I can start working on them.

Thanks much for the detailed feedback!

player.playidle idlehoe

Wow, looks great! It's just something I needed for the branding scene! I'll try to replace the current branding scene in the next version using it. Thanks! :)

Any ideas?

thanks

Actually you shouldn't be seeing any dialogue options from the slaves, as they are not implemented yet. So, I suspect the mod has failed to start for some reason and it did not disable dialogue options for the slaves.

'Synchronization failed' message could be from SlaveTat, and possibly related to the fore mentioned problem. So, I'd recommend you to check the Papyrus log to see if there's any error messages when you start this mod.

Thanks for such encouraging words! :)

Status Update

As you can see, the development has been so abysmally slow since the last release, but I've been able to make small progresses from time to time when I'm able to squeeze a few hours to work on this mod.

So far, I've almost finished with designing the sleeping quarter for the slaves, and the new feeding scene which takes place there. Each cell has two troughs and one bucket toilet which the slaves will use occasionally when they are locked inside the cell.

I thought about integrating one of the 'private need' type mods to handle the toilet part, but I found it problematic, because I don't want peeing events to break a scene from running correctly, etc. So, I'm trying to include a light weight version of 'bladder control' for each slaves so that they try to use the bucket at appropriate times.

I believe the new feeding scene needs just a couple of days' work more. So, I expect them to be finished sometime early next month, as now I'm working for a few hours on every weekends.

As always, thanks for your patience!

If you need any help I'd be willing to lend a hand with cell design. I'm pretty new to scripting so not that much help in that area, but if I could help you set up the aesthetic stuff faster, I am quite competent when it comes to that, nav mesh too. Just let me know! 

If you need any help I'd be willing to lend a hand with cell design. I'm pretty new to scripting so not that much help in that area, but if I could help you set up the aesthetic stuff faster, I am quite competent when it comes to that, nav mesh too. Just let me know! 

Unfortunately, the most time consuming tasks for me in developing this mod have been mostly figuring out platform quirks, or debugging scripts.

As to the desiging part, the only big task I'm currently deferring is to make matching sets of texture packs for CBBE which would be in par with those for UNP.

Nonetheless, I'm very grateful for the offer, I really appreciate it :)

I'm not sure if this question has come up before, but it occurred to me as I was reading these posts; is the mod Race sensitive?

Like if the player was a Khajiit or had there own Race mod installed like the succubus or Kitsune mods found on the Skyrim nexus site. How would they for example affect the SlaveTat Textures?

I can’t test this thought out as I’m still waiting for my new motherboard. Hopefully someone here can test this out.

I hope to try this mod out when my machine is back up and running, so keep working on it!

player.playidle idlehoe

Forget about that branding hoe thing and wait till this mod is fully operational http://www.loverslab.com/topic/44572-branding-device-of-doom/

• 2 weeks later...

i ve try it yesterday and wow... that's really amazing.

i never felt so immersive in skyrim, never got so close from my char.

i m happy to see that you still working on it. 

Keep the good work and thanks for your mod.