Slaves of Tamriel (Obsolete - Please use theFirstHeretic's version)

Maybe make it as an addon for Alternate Start? Just a suggestion.

Looks really cool. Can't wait for full release.

Me neither man. Despite begin in alpha stage, it's a great mod.

You actually "feel" like a helpless slave.

Can't wait to see some sex actions, though :)

from what I read I like this mod can someone tell me where it is at currently ?

It currently has about one day of enslavement mostly done. It does not have its own beginning yet,so you have to start it in the mcm or by using simple slavery, and it doesn't have an end yet.

I was reading the changelog, and the schedule posted on the main page, does it have more done than is indicated there now?

from what I read I like this mod can someone tell me where it is at currently ?

It currently has about one day of enslavement mostly done. It does not have its own beginning yet,so you have to start it in the mcm or by using simple slavery, and it doesn't have an end yet.

I was reading the changelog, and the schedule posted on the main page, does it have more done than is indicated there now?

The schedule is accurate.

SoT, do you know if you are sent to the mines and you are already have all six body slots full of tattoos will your mod overright the tattoos or will it not place any on the character?

@SOT: In that vein, since the character is always slave 36, you might consider combining the 3, 6, and ownership tattoos into a single .DDS and just giving that one for the player (dirt separate because it comes later). Would free up some slots.

The new textures are a much better fit. Thanks!

Maybe make it as an addon for Alternate Start? Just a suggestion.

Looks really cool. Can't wait for full release.

Me neither man. Despite begin in alpha stage, it's a great mod.

You actually "feel" like a helpless slave.

Can't wait to see some sex actions, though :)

Thanks! As to the suggestion, it's something already discussed before, and I'm planning to do it when the mod passes the beta stage.

Hi, sounds great!

Some ideas:

- For female PCs: Have some interaction with the other inmates to plot an escape, organize intel and tools, coerce the guards, dominate or repell other inmates

- For male PCs: Make a quest given to you by someone that wants to free an inmate. In order to get her out, apply for becoming guard and play the system from within (including lots of (im-)moral choices, gasp). You would need to gather intel on the guards, corrupt them or get the inmates to do your bidding, supply information to the target and get valuable tools and materials to her (maybe by way of "supplying" her with it during the daily cavity search?). You could also keep this thing running and become chief of the mine or end the quest by finishing it in any way. Added tension for targets that you have a prior history with from other quests like ex followers, jarls, villains, etc.

Also make it possible to visit the mine like a zoo. Bribe the guards to spend some quality time with the inmates or have them perform some services for you.

Add the possibility to sell them new inmates and visit them later. Maybe add some kind of training effect on the subjects.

Add some random events during the daily routine, like games for the guards amusement, animal hour, guards yerking in the food bowls, free time for inmates as reward, random punishments, inmates cooking for the guards (with ability to spit in their soup as PC or poison them plus consequences, maybe as part of an escape plot), etc

I've been always skeptical about allowing a male PC to player this mod, partly because of the internal complexities, and partly because of my own sexual inclination. But I'll re-evaluate the possibility (at least for playing as a guard rather than as a male slave) if and when the mod is reasonable feature complete.

Most of the other items already have been suggested before, and I agree that they'll make the mod much more enjoyable so I'll try to add them as the development progresses.

By the way, I like the idea of using a poison as part of an escape plot. So, I'll try to include it along with other options.

Thanks for the suggestion!

The best part by far is the hilarious fat sadistic camp commander, his lines are comedy gold. He doesnt get much screen time in the trailer but is worth a watch just for his parts in the actual movie. Would be too funny if he would become an actual character in the mod.

Ah... I remember that movie, though I won't probably admit to have seen it in any other place than LL :) I wish I remember enough French to be able to read the subtitle without consulting a dictionary. But an interesting idea, nonetheless. Thanks!

SoT, do you know if you are sent to the mines and you are already have all six body slots full of tattoos will your mod overright the tattoos or will it not place any on the character?

@SOT: In that vein, since the character is always slave 36, you might consider combining the 3, 6, and ownership tattoos into a single .DDS and just giving that one for the player (dirt separate because it comes later). Would free up some slots.

Sorry, I don't know what will happen when you already have any tattoos before starting the mod. Maybe I should test the scenario later. As to the suggestion, it's something I've been tinkering about for some time. I just can't decide if it would help or hurt the performance without actually trying it.

I've uploaded 4 different versions of textures for each body type, because I don't know what would be the recommended setup for an average user. For myself, I use 4k textures for the dirt map and the ownership tattoos and 2k for all others (this is the content of the 'mixed' pack which I've uploaded).

In this case, two 4k textures plus several 2k ones (which are much more smaller in size) are needed to be loaded in the memory at any given time.

But when you make combined textures for every slaves, it would make six 4k textures, so it may hurt the performance rather than improve it.

It's just a conjecture for now, so I'm planning to wait before receiving some feedbacks about the new texture packs and decide if I'll take the combined texture approach later.

Status Update

Sorry, it's another status update without announcing a new version. After the last version, I've been quite occupied with other projects so I'm only spending couple of hours for working on this mod per week, so the progress has been painfully slow. Hopefully, it would change soon so I'll be able to complete the work required for the next version.

Anyway, I've decided not to make the lengthy cavity search scene to be skippable, but change the schedule instead, so it only plays once per day.

To be specific, when a day starts, the slaves will be led to the dining area from their cells to be fed (no cavity search necessary) then led to the working area and processed as the player was once processed in the beginning of the mod.

Around the noon, they won't be led out of the working area but thrown some breads there instead.

In the evening, they will be led out from the working place to the dining area after a cavity search and led to their sleeping quarter after that.

Currently, I'm testing a proof-of-concept scene, in which the guard throws number of breads one by one in a random direction, and the slaves (including the player) follow them on their all-fours to catch them.

It looks pretty good as it is, but as the NPC slaves seem to be rather slower than the player, I guess the player need some kind of a handicap to make the competition really enjoyable.

When it's finished, I'll replace the midday feeding scene with it, and release the new version as soon as I'll add a MCM option to end the quest safely.

By the way, I'd like to mention Tibol's drawings because they are what inspired me to create this mod. If you found the content of my mod interesting, chances are that you might enjoy them too :

I wish I knew how to make the slave NPCs to push an ore cart in Skyrim :)

Sorry, I don't know what will happen when you already have any tattoos before starting the mod. Maybe I should test the scenario later. As to the suggestion, it's something I've been tinkering about for some time. I just can't decide if it would help or hurt the performance without actually trying it.

I've uploaded 4 different versions of textures for each body type, because I don't know what would be the recommended setup for an average user. For myself, I use 4k textures for the dirt map and the ownership tattoos and 2k for all others (this is the content of the 'mixed' pack which I've uploaded).

In this case, two 4k textures plus several 2k ones (which are much more smaller in size) are needed to be loaded in the memory at any given time.

But when you make combined textures for every slaves, it would make six 4k textures, so it may hurt the performance rather than improve it.

It's just a conjecture for now, so I'm planning to wait before receiving some feedbacks about the new texture packs and decide if I'll take the combined texture approach later.

Hmm... if I remember correctly, the last time I played QAYL (which takes up a lot of tattoo slots), any mod attempting to apply new tattoos on top of old ones overwrites the old ones.

It shouldn't hurt performance to combine the images, I don't think... the three 21.3mb images combined make for a 64mb image.

Before and after file sizes:

post-462261-0-21000400-1423998436_thumb.jpg

Player gets ownership, #1, #2, slave(face) tattoo. Combining them gives you just ownership + slave(face).

post-462261-0-68044100-1423998421_thumb.jpg

That's combining the 4096x4096 textures... the 2k textures would have to be combined as well.

Really, the only thing it would change is taking up one slavetats slot instead of three.

Of course, you can't combine face/hands/feet textures with body textures, so those will still have to be separate.

I was thinking of this in terms of player-only, but now that I think about it, since you have so few slaves in the mine, combining the textures for each slave would actually reduce the download size, I think.

If I understand how this whole system works, that is. :)

Hmm... if I remember correctly, the last time I played QAYL (which takes up a lot of tattoo slots), any mod attempting to apply new tattoos on top of old ones overwrites the old ones.

It shouldn't hurt performance to combine the images, I don't think... the three 21.3mb images combined make for a 64mb image.

Maybe my English has failed to convey the meaning clearly :)

You're right in assuming that combining multiple 4k textures won't make it any bigger. But what I meant was that when we are to merge the slave numbers into the ownership texture, we need to make separate images for each slaves because they all have different numbers.

Maybe it wouldn't be a big deal, but I personally like the 4k version of the ownership tattoos so I'm a bit concerned about the possible impact if we have to keep 6 different versions of it.

By the way, I'd like to mention Tibol's drawings because they are what inspired me to create this mod. If you found the content of my mod interesting, chances are that you might enjoy them too :

I wish I knew how to make the slave NPCs to push an ore cart in Skyrim :)

Yeh , the chain gang girls , are pretty similar . I did I have a look at this mod , and play through once , very well done indeed and keep up the good work 

cheers

Maybe my English has failed to convey the meaning clearly :)

You're right in assuming that combining multiple 4k textures won't make it any bigger. But what I meant was that when we are to merge the slave numbers into the ownership texture, we need to make separate images for each slaves because they all have different numbers.

Maybe it wouldn't be a big deal, but I personally like the 4k version of the ownership tattoos so I'm a bit concerned about the possible impact if we have to keep 6 different versions of it.

Oh! Yeah, I can see how that might be a problem.

So, I know people want lots of extra things for this mod, but I'm going to suggest the opposite. My understanding was that the mine was meant to be the first in a series of slavery encounters. If I'm remembering that correctly, I personally would be much more interested in several scaled back slave situations than one really detailed one. As a bonus, Given your(understandably!) limited time, that might be easier for you to do.

So, I know people want lots of extra things for this mod, but I'm going to suggest the opposite. My understanding was that the mine was meant to be the first in a series of slavery encounters. If I'm remembering that correctly, I personally would be much more interested in several scaled back slave situations than one really detailed one. As a bonus, Given your(understandably!) limited time, that might be easier for you to do.

That's a good point. Moving on to making other slavery encounters may also keep you from getting burned out. :)

For the mine slave, what's in there right now is perfectly fine, as long as it repeats and the player has a chance to escape (and be enslaved elsewhere!).

@sot: I too remember something about maybe putting other types of slavery encounters... yesno? Was that a different mod?

I agree with this wholeheartedly! There's already great slavery mods around that are quite detailed in the one area the mod is focused on. Having varied outcomes on the slavery scene would be fantastic, mining being one, farming slave, household servant (the servants in black briar manor come to mind, though can't remember if those were added by a mod or not. Also Nepos the Noses' servants), forced inn or brothel prostitute (there's mods that already do this quite well to a degree but those scenarios you kinda go into willingly) 

The main thing about this mod that makes it stand out for me is that it's focus is more on the actual labor of the slave, you're forced to do things apart from sex. Not to mention the other slaves being around also makes you (you being me, at least) feel more immersed. No, you're not the focal point of this scenario, you're one of many, and you're made to feel like a slave would in that scenario. The desperation to escape as well as the 'plotting' is much more vivid also, obviously right now it's easy to escape because it's unfinished, but later on when escape is a serious challenge, you'll be watching like a cornered animal for the right opportunity to make your move.

Only thing I'd suggest is aesthetic and not so important now anyway, and that is having the mine owned and run by more devious individuals such as bandits or hired thugs, but that is a personal preference and one I can probably make myself.

Aside from that I really like the direction it's going and am excited play seriously once it's further down the line, keep it up SoT love your work :D. 

Absolutely love this mod! I was wondering if I can remove the tattoos through, Maybe with some console commands?

[shameless plug] perhaps there is a mod that would do that very thing for you in an immersive way... *glances down at Sig v.v*[/shameless plug]

Absolutely love this mod! I was wondering if I can remove the tattoos through, Maybe with some console commands?

[shameless plug] perhaps there is a mod that would do that very thing for you in an immersive way... *glances down at Sig v.v*[/shameless plug]

Thanks a million!

Yeh , the chain gang girls , are pretty similar . I did I have a look at this mod , and play through once , very well done indeed and keep up the good work

Thanks for the kind words, it really helps me much! :)

That's a good point. Moving on to making other slavery encounters may also keep you from getting burned out. :)

For the mine slave, what's in there right now is perfectly fine, as long as it repeats and the player has a chance to escape (and be enslaved elsewhere!).

@sot: I too remember something about maybe putting other types of slavery encounters... yesno? Was that a different mod?

You are correct in remembering that I said I have a plan to add other forms of slavery later, but I'm afraid I won't start working on them before I reasonably finish this mod first, and also each will be implemented as an add-on rather than as a standalone mod.

However, I understand and appreciate your concern about going too much into details, especially when my current working pace has been considerably slowed down.

But I my current plan is to make this mod as detailed as possible, because I believe it's one of a few redeeming point of my mod compared to many other fine slavery mods on this site.

Before I started this mod, I wondered why nobody seems to make a mod which provides a full 24x7 slavery experience with other slave girls. After many experiments with the platform, now I understand why it's so time consuming a job that few has done it before me.

Still, I've managed to find a few workarounds along the way, which has enabled this mod to provide a bit more intense slavery experience in a more controlled manner, so I'm intending to pursue this course at least until I finish the mining part of the planned content.

So, I'd like to ask all those who are waiting some non-mining contents to be implemented, for some patience.

In the meanwhile, I'm glad to see such an effort like Simple Slavery is progressing fast recently which could provide different aspects of the slavery from this mod.

The main thing about this mod that makes it stand out for me is that it's focus is more on the actual labor of the slave, you're forced to do things apart from sex. Not to mention the other slaves being around also makes you (you being me, at least) feel more immersed. No, you're not the focal point of this scenario, you're one of many, and you're made to feel like a slave would in that scenario. The desperation to escape as well as the 'plotting' is much more vivid also, obviously right now it's easy to escape because it's unfinished, but later on when escape is a serious challenge, you'll be watching like a cornered animal for the right opportunity to make your move.

Only thing I'd suggest is aesthetic and not so important now anyway, and that is having the mine owned and run by more devious individuals such as bandits or hired thugs, but that is a personal preference and one I can probably make myself.

Aside from that I really like the direction it's going and am excited play seriously once it's further down the line, keep it up SoT love your work :D. 

I'm glad to see you have found the same aspect of this mod to be interesting which I'm trying to put much emphasis on. As to the character of the owning faction, there was a relevant discussion a few pages before.

I'm still interested in adding some 'racial' aspect to this mod as suggested then, so you can regard those Whiterun guards as a placeholder until I decide on the exact background lore for this mod later. (Thalmor and Silver-Bloods have been the two most probable candidates for now)

By the way, thanks for the kind words! :)

Status Update

I was able to spend a day working on this mod again and made some progress so far. First of all, I decided to scrap the whole feeding scene which took place in the guards' living quarter in the previous version.

I almost finished to design the sleeping area for the slaves (attached some screenshots), so they will be fed there before and after they're put to work instead.

I added some insects and rats there which are just down scaled and non-aggressive versions of chaurus and skeevers each. I was unable to find a way to change the default chaurus' voice so they sound unnaturally loud which is a bit annoying. But seeing those bugs crawling through the hay beds feels quite immersive, so I'm going to let it stay that way.

I also tried to put a bee spawn on top of the bucket toilets to mimic flies, but for some reason I failed to make them appear. I won't probably spend too much time on this one, so it might not make it in the next version though.

The good news is, moving the feeding scene to the same place as where the slaves go to sleep means we don't have to move them around much like before, which has been one of the most time consuming part of the development (make the actors not to block each other's path, and so on) in addition to being rather repetitive as others already have pointed out.

Thanks for reading such a long post! :)

post-614671-0-97099500-1424539902_thumb.jpg

post-614671-0-98188700-1424540050_thumb.jpg

*snip*

But I my current plan is to make this mod as detailed as possible, because I believe it's one of a few redeeming point of my mod compared to many other fine slavery mods on this site.

*snip*

So, I'd like to ask all those who are waiting some non-mining contents to be implemented, for some patience.

*snip*

The only non-mining content that I'm totally desperate to see is maybe a way to dig your way out of the mine to escape.

With a friend. Let's say... a priest.

Ooh... maybe your friend dies when the escape tunnel caves in at some point!

Only it turns out the priest had a map to an island with lots of treasure chests!

I've got some vague ideas about the player escaping the mine by taking the place of his dead friend's corpse, and then joining a smuggler's crew at that point, but they're not really fleshed out.

And it's all a big tale about betrayal and vengeance and intrigue, with sword fights and all sorts of interesting stuff!

I know how it ends, too... you end up deciding that the priest was right all along and revenge was not a good use of your life, so you settle down with your old girlfriend.

You could call it - Slaves of Tamriel, the Countess of the Mountain of Crisco!

Seriously, though, I love the mod, and however long it takes or however much or little detail is added, it's all good.

Yes, I love it too, and I agree that the total immersion is what makes it great. My main concern was for your well-being. Modding is very time and energy consuming, and it's very easy to get bogged down in details and get burned out. If you're still excited about the mod, then carry on. :)