Slaves of Tamriel (Obsolete - Please use theFirstHeretic's version)

Simple Slavery will now remove the blackout. They are safe to use together once again. :)

That was quick. Thanks! :)

This mod should be really cool when in full circle.  My only suggestion so far is to maybe reduce the amount of npc slaves by two or something because it takes a really long time processing them one by one, either that or process them all at the same time somehow.

That's an immersion enhancing feature ;) and working as intended.

When the daily schedule is fully implemented, the cavity search scene will only played once per day in the evening which I hope users find it not too annoying.

Actually I want to double the number of slaves if possible at all, like make them mine in two shifts. I'm afraid if I reduce the number of the slaves further, it would make it too unrealistic, because I can't imagine that the cost of maintaining the mine with that many guards can be justified, if all they do is to make 3-4 female slaves work all day :)

I may Have missed it but , which of the slave tats should one use with this mod , I'm so out of touch with actually playing the game ...... anyone care to direct me ?

Cheers

Any of the texture files, depending on whether you have CBBE or UNP. There are 1k, 2k, and 4k variants of each.

If I remember right, the "mixed" version is basically the 4k version with a 2k face texture (don't quote me on that).

Yes, you're correct that the mixed pack is a mix between the 2k and 4k versions. For now, UNP pack has a better quality and the mixed pack is the recommended starting point if you have a decent hardware. If you have problems with it like CTD or long loading time, then you can try 2k or even 1k version, and if it runs perfectly, you can try the 4k version which gives the best quality.

EDIT: Ooops, I read the last posts too late. You can ignore it, and just install the latest version of SlaveTats :)

I was just wondering what the lead in idea to this mod was going to be. The guards look like your white run bunch so was wondering if its just an alternate prison quest especially if you have a high bounty or did you have something else in mind like letting outside mods like simple slavery just handle it.

Simple Slavery will now remove the blackout. They are safe to use together once again. :)

Actually I want to double the number of slaves if possible at all, like make them mine in two shifts. I'm afraid if I reduce the number of the slaves further, it would make it too unrealistic, because I can't imagine that the cost of maintaining the mine with that many guards can be justified, if all they do is to make 3-4 female slaves work all day :)

Not at all, thank you for letting me link to SoT. It was a pretty easy fix. :)

I wouldn't worry too much about the number of total slaves in the mine. We all understand that the npc's in games like this are representative of larger numbers of people. Skyrim's cities, for instance, would, in reality, be home to thousands of people and have correspondingly hundreds more buildings, but it's not feasible to create something that large.

This mod should be really cool when in full circle.  My only suggestion so far is to maybe reduce the amount of npc slaves by two or something because it takes a really long time processing them one by one, either that or process them all at the same time somehow.

That's an immersion enhancing feature ;) and working as intended.

When the daily schedule is fully implemented, the cavity search scene will only played once per day in the evening which I hope users find it not too annoying.

In the name of 'show, don't tell', you could have a set of npcs that just get marched into the mine that is out of 'normal' sight. They start out in a cage when you get marched out of the mine and then just disappear as shift 2.

You might also want to consider a way to manually progress the schedule for the initial debugging builds. Maybe outputting when a script segment finishes. It is, after all, an alpha build.

I was just wondering what the lead in idea to this mod was going to be. The guards look like your white run bunch so was wondering if its just an alternate prison quest especially if you have a high bounty or did you have something else in mind like letting outside mods like simple slavery just handle it.

The white run guards are just a placeholder untill I determine a proper background story to use. Previously, various ideas have been suggested in this thread about the subject, and I liked the idea of introducing a 'racial bias' into my mod, by making the mine run by Thalmors.

The problem was that I found those Elves a bit too unappealing in their appearances so I'm not decided yet. So I might end up using Silver Hands instead, as other users have suggested.

That being said, I don't have a plan to make any specific lead in scenario myself because, like you said, there are already other good mods which would provide that, and I have very limited resources.

I wouldn't worry too much about the number of total slaves in the mine. We all understand that the npc's in games like this are representative of larger numbers of people. Skyrim's cities, for instance, would, in reality, be home to thousands of people and have correspondingly hundreds more buildings, but it's not feasible to create something that large.

That's a fair point. It's just seem to me I would need at least 4-5 other slaves girls around me to give that feelings, instead of 2-3. I suppose it's just a matter or preferrance (or even imaginative powers :)).

In the name of 'show, don't tell', you could have a set of npcs that just get marched into the mine that is out of 'normal' sight. They start out in a cage when you get marched out of the mine and then just disappear as shift 2.

You might also want to consider a way to manually progress the schedule for the initial debugging builds. Maybe outputting when a script segment finishes. It is, after all, an alpha build.

I considered doing so, but had to postpone the idea because the mod is quite resource heavy as it is, so I'm not sure how doubling the numbers would affect the game. I'll definitely want to try that someday but for now I'm a bit short-handed because of real life projects.

As to the manual progressing the schedule, actually there are number of Dwemer buttons located at key positions which I can use to fire up scenes at will. They are hidden in the released version, but I use them to debug them all the time.

The white run guards are just a placeholder untill I determine a proper background story to use. Previously, various ideas have been suggested in this thread about the subject, and I liked the idea of introducing a 'racial bias' into my mod, by making the mine run by Thalmors.

The problem was that I found those Elves a bit too unappealing in their appearances so I'm not decided yet. So I might end up using Silver Hands instead, as other users have suggested.

That being said, I don't have a plan to make any specific lead in scenario myself because, like you said, there are already other good mods which would provide that, and I have very limited resources.

That's a fair point. It's just seem to me I would need at least 4-5 other slaves girls around me to give that feelings, instead of 2-3. I suppose it's just a matter or preferrance (or even imaginative powers :)).

I considered doing so, but had to postpone the idea because the mod is quite resource heavy as it is, so I'm not sure how doubling the numbers would affect the game. I'll definitely want to try that someday but for now I'm a bit short-handed because of real life projects.

As to the manual progressing the schedule, actually there are number of Dwemer buttons located at key positions which I can use to fire up scenes at will. They are hidden in the released version, but I use them to debug them all the time.

I just had a quick run of this mod (Got Stuck somewhere after entering the Mining room), A lot could be done especially in the animation department .

I did Fix the wheel Animation and Mesh so that it would avoid the position issues , But I wonder if I should Release it in the pack or just for your mod , you could add it to your mod since you have got FNIS figured out .

But this mod could use a lot of paired animations ,While I have my hands full at the moment RL and with other projects I can Make one paired animation for this mod , mostly so it would be a proof of concept kinda so people can make their own animations later on , Which one is the most needed animation ?

Cheers

Do you have any plans on how it will be implemented into the game as a whole, in other words how you will get in and out?

As to get in, I will delegate it to other mods like Simple Slavery, Death Alternatives, Live Another Life, etc. I'll keep the MCM option as it is for those who want to try it fast, though.

I only have a number of vague ideas about escape scenario, and I can't say too much about it, because it may be a spoiler.

But I can say that the PC would probably need to rely more on cunning than on strength, and will need some help from others to escape the mine.

I'm thinking about giving the PC a quest after a successful escape, to go back to the mine when levelled up sufficiently to take out the guards, to get some revenge on them and rescue other slaves.

I just had a quick run of this mod (Got Stuck somewhere after entering the Mining room), A lot could be done especially in the animation department .

I did Fix the wheel Animation and Mesh so that it would avoid the position issues , But I wonder if I should Release it in the pack or just for your mod , you could add it to your mod since you have got FNIS figured out .

But this mod could use a lot of paired animations ,While I have my hands full at the moment RL and with other projects I can Make one paired animation for this mod , mostly so it would be a proof of concept kinda so people can make their own animations later on , Which one is the most needed animation ?

Cheers

Wow... that sounds too good to be true! :wub:  (no, not the fact that you had problem with running my mod... I hope you can find some free time later to try it again)

Actually I spent some time wondering how to align those animations properly (i.e. binding, inspecting, etc) and considered using paired animations too. So I read the announcement of your working with FNIS on that department with much interest. So, it would be great if I could try it with your help.

Here's the list of animations I hoped to be implemented as paired ones:

• Equipping gag/collar/cuffs to another one.
  • 'Strip search' related actions - patting/groping/examining various body parts.
  • Slap in the face.
  • Branding with a hot rod.

(I know I'm perverted ;))

I suppose I can test and use any of those animations immediately, if it's available.

As to the wheel furniture, I'd gladly wait until the fix will be made availabe in the next version, if it's not something only happens in my mod.

And thanks much for the suggestion, I'm really excited for the prospect of using the paired animations :)

Cheers

Please Release it in the pack :angel:

I test the new version and found some issues..

1.Guard in the mining place will get stuck from time to time..I can reload the game to solve it...

2.Which was the most major problem,I got CTD from time to time, like during mining or just watching NPC walking to some place..or after whipping by guard and try to save or when control by AI..

any help?

PS:I love this mod so much!! :blush:

After disable Maria and some other mods, I can run this mod almost perfectly!!

thanks for the great effort, I must to say !! can't wait to see the next release!! :P

thanks for the great effort, I must to say !! can't wait to see the next release!! :P

Glad to know you managed to resolve the issue. I'll try Maria Eden myself to confirm if it's conflicting with my mod, and update the download page accordingly.

Thanks for the information! :)

Glad to know you managed to resolve the issue. I'll try Maria Eden myself to confirm if it's conflicting with my mod, and update the download page accordingly.

For what it's worth, I haven't had any problem with both installed so far. But I haven't been able to delve very deep into either yet.

Thanks for this mod, I was hoping someone would make this. I don't seem to be able to run it very well though.

My issues:

- When I'm told to sit or kneel, nothing happens. Story progresses as normal but no animation.

- CTDs when the guard tells me to kneel while opening the first gate, worked after reload.

- When it's time for collecting ores, the guard always stops moving at one point or another. Neither moveto player nor reloading fixes it, so I haven't gotten any farther than that.

- Also slave 54 always ends up stuck in the ground like this (second pic), and I think it happens at the same time as the guard thing.

jMPvxRU.jpg

LtrUIDC.jpg

For what it's worth, I haven't had any problem with both installed so far. But I haven't been able to delve very deep into either yet.

Maria didn't make any difference for me either.

Thanks for this mod, I was hoping someone would make this. I don't seem to be able to run it very well though.

My issues:

- When I'm told to sit or kneel, nothing happens. Story progresses as normal but no animation.

- CTDs when the guard tells me to kneel while opening the first gate, worked after reload.

- When it's time for collecting ores, the guard always stops moving at one point or another. Neither moveto player nor reloading fixes it, so I haven't gotten any farther than that.

- Also slave 54 always ends up stuck in the ground like this (second pic), and I think it happens at the same time as the guard thing.

jMPvxRU.jpg

LtrUIDC.jpg

Make sure you have the new zaz hdt meshes and run fnis.

Make sure you have the new zaz hdt meshes and run fnis.

Thanks, I actually had HDT Physics Extension disabled...

That fixed the animations and the CTDs, but that last guard still keeps breaking, now he doesn't even react to me when I get into the mining room.

My issues:

Could you attach your Papyrus.log file? He should walk to you and start talking as soon as the other guard at the desk closes the door from the inside.

If he doesn't move it means either he's stuck by another actor (should happen very rarely), or there's some other kind of problems which I hope I can find out by examining the log.

If the former is the case, 'moveto player' or reloading from a save (which is made before he got stuck) should fix the problem.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As to Maria Eden, it might not be related to the problem of actor's being stuck, but two users have told me that they experience a CTD, when the guard tries to punish a slave when the mod is enabled. So I'll test it myself and see if I can reproduce it.

(May be an Important) Status Update

Oh my.... it's a bit too early to say anything conclusive, but I may have found the root cause of all these actor's getting stuck problem over which I've wasted countless hours already!

I have a suspicion that it's something to do with my changing the time scale according to the context. I suspect that the Travel procedure has a internal routine to check if the actor's path is blocked or not, and if so, makes another attempt after a short time period.

But if that timeout is measured in the game time, it could be affected by changing the time scale.

Currently, my mod changes the time scale to 1.0 when a scene is running, and restores it back to 20.0 when it finishes. Maybe that's why I've seen so many cases of actor's being stuck in those scenes while I seldom, if ever, experience the same problem during the working hours (when the timescale is 20.0).

I did some experiments with it, and the initial result seems to confirm my suspicion.

If I think this is really the case, I'll try to scrape all those crazy workarounds I've been making to deal with this problem, and release it as Alpha 5 as soon as I finish it.

I really hope I'm right on this one...

(May be an Important) Status Update

Oh my.... it's a bit too early to say anything conclusive, but I may have found the root cause of all these actor's getting stuck problem over which I've wasted countless hours already!

I have a suspicion that it's something to do with my changing the time scale according to the context. I suspect that the Travel procedure has a internal routine to check if the actor's path is blocked or not, and if so, makes another attempt after a short time period.

But if that timeout is measured in the game time, it could be affected by changing the time scale.

Currently, my mod changes the time scale to 1.0 when a scene is running, and restores it back to 20.0 when it finishes. Maybe that's why I saw so many cases of actor's being stuck in those scenes while I seldom, if ever, experience the same problem during the working hours (when the timescale is 20.0).

I did some experiments with it, and the initial result seems to confirm my suspicion.

If I think this is really the case, I'll try to scrape all those crazy workarounds I've been making to deal with this problem, and release it as Alpha 5 as soon as I finish it.

I really hope I'm right on this one...

That could be. My understanding is that you never want to reduce the timescale to anything less than six or it will cause big problems.

That could be. My understanding is that you never want to reduce the timescale to anything less than six or it will cause big problems.

If it has been a common knowledge among the mod authors, I can gladly admit my ignorance and fix my mod accordingly.

It's better to be a stupid author who makes a working mod, than a smart one who makes a broken one :)

EDIT: This thread seems to support my suspicion that it was indeed the problem, especially this post.

My issues:

Could you attach your Papyrus.log file? He should walk to you and start talking as soon as the other guard at the desk closes the door from the inside.

If he doesn't move it means either he's stuck by another actor (should happen very rarely), or there's some other kind of problems which I hope I can find out by examining the log.

If the former is the case, 'moveto player' or reloading from a save (which is made before he got stuck) should fix the problem.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As to Maria Eden, it might not be related to the problem of actor's being stuck, but two users have told me that they experience a CTD, when the guard tries to punish a slave when the mod is enabled. So I'll test it myself and see if I can reproduce it.

As it turns out I'm actually having prior issues with my game, so if I ever manage to fix those I'll try again.