Creating an animated penis

Gayton Kerslut

This threat is going so off topic now...

Is this still a WIP?

Well, if you're talking about the one Smurf is doing, just give it time and patience... Besides he stated that he is now co-authoring his mod with someone else.

I do believe though, that for now he won't be able to do "animations", since for that, a properly rigged skeleton.hkx is needed.

But I'm pretty sure he hasn't abandoned his project. (I just checked it with my Oui'ja Board, and the spirits told me that his mod will be released...)

xP

:D

So we take the jiggle that gives the tit jiggle mods the jiggle..

And..

Put it on the schlongs?

Genius! But in what way will said schlongs behave? Will they jiggle up and down' date=' left to right, right to left? Or maybe they'll pull the old Meatspin and spin round round like a record baby right round round round?

We must discuss this issue.

[/quote']

Oh god.... Just the image of a guy walking and it's just spinning in a circle is just splitting my sides.

• 3 weeks later...

Right, I'm going to have a proper go. I have someone with me who knows nifscope. I'm trying to figure out the jiggling boobs mod to try and edit a skeleton, find a way to make something vaguely physics based and apply it to the male anatomy for Robert's body and Derrax's male werewolves, and maybe the horny dogs mod. I want to see large swinging dicks and balls in Skyrim and its only a matter of time.

fair enough, but the only thing I am actually capable of is weight painting. Its usefull, but I have zero knowledge of the other stages.

so I know I've got to edit the skeleton, re-rig the bodies to the new skeleton, do some weighting, do some animations stuff or something. I don't know, but I want to do it and I need learning resources that aren't korean.

Right, I'm going to have a proper go. I have someone with me who knows nifscope. I'm trying to figure out the jiggling boobs mod to try and edit a skeleton, find a way to make something vaguely physics based and apply it to the male anatomy for Robert's body and Derrax's male werewolves, and maybe the horny dogs mod. I want to see large swinging dicks and balls in Skyrim and its only a matter of time.

fair enough, but the only thing I am actually capable of is weight painting. Its usefull, but I have zero knowledge of the other stages.

so I know I've got to edit the skeleton, re-rig the bodies to the new skeleton, do some weighting, do some animations stuff or something. I don't know, but I want to do it and I need learning resources that aren't korean.

Nifskope is not used to animate... You'll need to create HKX files aswell. In fact, from my testings and observations, the nif just acts as a constrain to the Havok Animations/Behaviors, to avoid them to go waywire. And even the constrains in the skeleton.nif (not the bones nodes), I'm still not sure if they actually work, because I tested by removing the constrains from the tail nodes, and even then, in game, the tail still seemed to animate properly.

So anyway, I might aswell go more public with this... My last comment was just a shameful bump, to see if Smurf, would update some info on this... I was the one who contacted Smurf, and offered co-authoring because we were doing the same mod, and we are now developing together a framework mod that features Modular Addons, that will enable other modders to build "Plugin Modules" easily, to allow several shapes, size variety, add support for races, etc.

For now, we just have the mod working (alpha stage, with some ppl giving feedback and using/testing it) with single nifs, which means, that for the very base shape Module, we had to create 40 nif files just for a 10 size range, so, it doesnt animate yet. I already did the nif rig, and that only, as soon as I create a flaccid/erect animation, will allow us too reduce the nif count from 40 to 2, which is great, because it will reduce the work load by 20 times, and other modders will have their work vastly reduced, it will be just like any other armor (just needs the _0 and _1).

The reason of my bump, was because I am now already in Havok/HKX territory, which is what enables in fact, the animations. So far I'm still trying to figure out all this Havok shenanigan, and see what is the best way to implement it. I could go for the standard FNIS aproach for the idles, but I think I may be able to do the normal idle animations (sneak, walk, blah blah blah) without needing to either replace or change the existing ones (meaning that you don't need FNIS). I'm gonna try to approach it, just like Bethesda did with the tail mesh/animations. As for an erection animation (which doesnt exist in the 0_master.hkx), I think that we may require FNIS though. Its still to soon to tell, I must still do some head banging on my keyboard to figure this shit out.

If anyone has the proper needed knowledge for helping developing the mod, just say so, any help is welcome.

Yeah, I already thought about that, will try to do it if possible with some key binds, to lower/increase the angle of the erection, that way, depending on the size/shape, the player can always "shift" the erection up or down to better fit animations.

And btw, I was wrong in my last post, There is a node that can be used in Nifs, called BSLagBoneController, that allows to make a bone behave to inertia. Already tried it, and after some tweaks, its looks fairly good. However, The inertia is lost when the NPC dies. Thats why an hkx skeleton with ragdoll is neccessary aswell though, otherwise, it will stop moving.

Guys just one note: if you are animating then animate something bigger at least :) Tiny ones wont be noticable at all.

Example:

"SSS" (love that acronym :D) on this model... http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/7713

I think I would get very little adventuring done... :P

And if you make female (shemale) version, at the same time, your mod will gain x100 popularity. :)

Don't worry, its all planned... size change, shape change, set custom shapes to be used by particular races only... the mod aims to add plenty of variety, and solve issues unnatural on a fixed mesh. No longer will you be permanently flaccid or erect. The mod also has a revealing armor feature: the user can specify which armors can show or not the junk. And although I'm not to keen on futa, we will implement it so Plugins can be built for women aswell. But be aware that, plugins will only work for specific body meshes... so if a plugin was built for a certain body (male for example) it wont work as good or at all with others (clipping or floating issues). But that will be on the modders end to do specific plugin modules for each specific body shape/rig.

But on females (and for other meshes/rigs), don't expect support any time soon though, because for that, we'll need to at the very least redo the NIF rigging for each skeleton (females, werewolfs, etc... but werewolves are on my priority list), and right now, our priority is to have it working for the default body. Anything else is an extra that can easily be built, once we have a fairly good beta stage Mod.

Guys just one note: if you are animating then animate something bigger at least :) Tiny ones wont be noticable at all.

Example:

"SSS" (love that acronym :D) on this model... http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/7713

I think I would get very little adventuring done... :P

And if you make female (shemale) version, at the same time, your mod will gain x100 popularity. :)

Just don't come whining about the fact that half your player's dick shows up coming out of their sex partners back because the animations aren't going to bend or hide that unrealistic monstrosity.

WaxenFigure, on 15 Feb 2013 - 17:23, said:

WaxenFigure, on 15 Feb 2013 - 17:23, said:

zax, on 15 Feb 2013 - 07:36, said:
Guys just one note: if you are animating then animate something bigger at least Tiny ones wont be noticable at all.

Example:

Asylianna, on 15 Dec 2012 - 07:28, said:
"SSS" (love that acronym ) on this model... http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/7713

I think I would get very little adventuring done...

And if you make female (shemale) version, at the same time, your mod will gain x100 popularity.

Just don't come whining about the fact that half your player's dick shows up coming out of their sex partners back because the animations aren't going to bend or hide that unrealistic monstrosity.

Holy shit that's some funny ass shit right there that's like taking a bazooka to kill a fly.

Unless you snake that thing up her insides towards her head that things going to be popping out everywhere.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm happy to announce that we finally did it.

The penis is now animating, and FNIS will not be required at all (although Fore and FNIS played an important role in putting this together, I'm very thankful for the tips he gave me), so expect a soon(ish) release.

Now all we have to do is tweaking, fine tune it, and re-structure the current mod (which still relies on several meshes for size changing) to have it work with a single mesh.

Also, this method, will add the chance for extra body parts to be developed fairly easy (wings, tentacles, etc) without messing with the original default character animations and behaviors.

EDIT: The fact that FNIS is not required to make it work, does not make the mod FNIS incompatible. It works slightly different from how the animations work on the PC/NPC

Dear muscular vector!

I bow my head to your incredible persistency to figure this out and getting it working.

Often i would say "let's try one step after the other", to do the things we already know how to do, but you would not give up. Even with the danger of putting tons of hours into a dead end, you would not settle with anything less than the ultimate best solution.

I am certain that soon we will look back at this point in time as the critical turning point in skyrims genital history and you as the author of a revolution!

Thanks for your effort and stubbornness, the bards will sing of it for eras to come!

well what im wonderin about is, will you need a body made just for this or will it work on any body?

The mod, as said before, its a framework, and modders, will be able to easily build/adapt penises meshes for specific bodies. I'm using a re-tweaked version of FS mesh from Better Males, as the base offer, but through plugins/addons, you can easily use other bodies as long as you use specific meshes aswell. It works exactly like hands, feet or tail. They are different meshes, that connect on the body.

So now after you found how things works, how hard would it be to add same bones and animations to female skeleton? Just curious if it will happen eventually. :)

Not hard at all, since I managed to make it work like the tail does, that means that only a base rig on the nif is needed, the rest of the animations, etc, works independently, thats why its able to work without FNIS. This way, animations can simply be re-used on other rigs, but preferably in Biped creatures... things like werewolves, falmers, giants, etc, will be able to use the framework. The task of making the skeleton nif prepared for the penis rig, its just a copy/paste thing. ofc even then oddities may occur... but those will come with time and fixed as possible

Dear muscular vector!

I bow my head to your incredible persistency to figure this out and getting it working.

Often i would say "let's try one step after the other", to do the things we already know how to do, but you would not give up. Even with the danger of putting tons of hours into a dead end, you would not settle with anything less than the ultimate best solution.

I am certain that soon we will look back at this point in time as the critical turning point in skyrims genital history and you as the author of a revolution!

Thanks for your effort and stubbornness, the bards will sing of it for eras to come!

LOL didnt saw your post... Well, it was thanks to Fore, that I didnt gave up... So Fore will be on our top list to thank for. Not only he gave me very good hints and tips, but he also encouraged me not to give up (I was seriously considering in giving up on the animation part...). And, the genital revolution is only possible thanks to Fore.

vectormuscle, on 24 Feb 2013 - 02:43, said:
I'm happy to announce that we finally did it.

The penis is now animating, and FNIS will not be required at all (although Fore and FNIS played an important role in putting this together, I'm very thankful for the tips he gave me), so expect a soon(ish) release.

Now all we have to do is tweaking, fine tune it, and re-structure the current mod (which still relies on several meshes for size changing) to have it work with a single mesh.

Also, this method, will add the chance for extra body parts to be developed fairly easy (wings, tentacles, etc) without messing with the original default character animations and behaviors.

EDIT: The fact that FNIS is not required to make it work, does not make the mod FNIS incompatible. It works slightly different from how the animations work on the PC/NPC

This might be cool to use with this mod. http://www.loverslab.com/topic/12171-wip-new-race-moakkat/

Archived