WIP New Race (Moakkat)

samogen

Hey everyone;
The idea for my Race is not lore friendly at all so don’t expect that from me. Also as a side note when this project is complete I want to post it on the Nexus as well, so if you have a problem with that I will totally understand if you don’t want to help me.

At the moment I’m calling this race The Moakkat; they are a cross between Humanoid Cat and Monkey and stand a head shorter than a Nord of the same age and gender. As you can see from the pictures below they have two tails on their upper back, four breasts and bent backward monkey feet. I would like them to have large cat like ears and long teeth. In their home land they would use their tails and feet to support themselves as they shot their prey from the safety of the trees. As far as the breasts go the thought was that they always have litters of identical twins or triplets meaning the always have two to three babes to feed and sometimes at the same time… (But also cuz I like boobies.)

They will have:
Stealth bonus
Archery bonus
Monkey Rage attack bonus with a small fear effect, (This could be in the form of a lesser power or a spell.)

So that’s what I have so far.

I’m new to 3D Modeling, rigging, animating, textures and Mods in general… so it may take a while to get the mod out since I have had to teach myself how to create a Race from Scratch for use in Skyrim. However there have not been any tutorials on how to do so with custom meshes... that I know of.

What I have so far is a _0 and _1 base female models for the body and the feet; I would love to make a new mesh for the head as well but I do not need one. I have no textures at this point I would if I could figure out how to have 3Ds Max spit out a working texture map that Skyrim can read… also I the body mesh working with TBBE. However I would like to make it work with bodyslide++ as well… all of this together is a lot of work, I know. However it will be fun to see how it all works out.

So if anyone is interested in helping me get this project done I would be more than grateful.

Thank you for your time.

02-28-2013;

Just a quick update, I am working on the Textures (but I am no texture artist) I am uploading the UVW map for everyone to look at and if they would like to try their hand at making a texture for it. For those that are interested in painting the mesh in a 3d paint program sent me a pm

P.s. If you know how to increase the breast size of a mesh without using symmetry or adding new vertices and are willing to share the info with me I would be very grateful.

Moakkat texture.rar

12-21-2012;
I added my concept pic for you to see what I was going for, for the head, feet, tails and if I can the hands.

post-100264-13597881813741_thumb.gif

12-24-2012;
I added a pic of what I was able to get to export to NifSkope. still cant get it to load up in game but its a step in the right direction.

P.S. this would be the _0 model.

Happy Holidays everyone!!!

post-100264-13597881881156_thumb.gif

01-06-2013;
Adding pictures of the Moakkat in-game. Still lots of work to do.

As you can see the added tail meshes can be seen thru the entire mesh not sure how to fix that, but hey I can see it in game. Also I need to mess around with the weight painting a bit, as the mesh is going haywire… just look at those tails and the second set of boobs… just horrid.
FYI I weight painted the tails and the second set of boobs to be dependents of the TBB bones. So yes they do bounce. However at the moment the tails cannot be posed in any way. Making them in a way that would allow them to be posed would have required adding new bones (which I don’t know how to do.) or using the cloak bones (which would make this mod incompatible with any animated cloak mods that may come out later.) nether were something I felt comfortable doing.

post-100264-13597882331108_thumb.gif post-100264-13597882331939_thumb.gif post-100264-13597882332474_thumb.gif post-100264-13597882332994_thumb.gif

01-16-2013
I just wanted to let you all know that I am almost to the point that I can work on a new texture (I have to learn how to do that first). However I still have some tweeking of the skin wrap to do before I do that. heres what the mesh looks like in game now, much better if I do say so my self. Oh yeah the feet animate nicely without the use of a custome skeleton or animations.

post-100264-13597882669619_thumb.gif post-100264-13597882669909_thumb.gif post-100264-13597882670138_thumb.gif

post-100264-13597881700936_thumb.gif

post-100264-13597881701846_thumb.gif

post-100264-13597881702524_thumb.gif

post-100264-13597881703389_thumb.gif

post-100264-13597881705178_thumb.gif

post-100264-13597881706104_thumb.gif

Guest Jenova23

You look like your pretty skilled with blender would you be willing to do a werewolf body replacer possibly just hands, head and feet so the body shape stays the same as a the npc or player

Good news got the skinwrap to work and export' date=' not only that but when I start up Skyrim it doesn’t CTD at all... However it’s invisible in game... anyone know how this can be fixed?

[/quote']

Have you added a BSDismemberSkin to it and it to slot 32 (body)?

Good news got the skinwrap to work and export' date=' not only that but when I start up Skyrim it doesn’t CTD at all... However it’s invisible in game... anyone know how this can be fixed?

[/quote']

Have you added a BSDismemberSkin to it and it to slot 32 (body)?

I do have a BSDismemberSkin entry however I am unsure if it was done right heres a pic of how it looks in NifSkope.

post-100264-13597882103785_thumb.gif

Can't you pick it from the drop down box?

Untitled-30_zpsa7d9c3f0.png

And is your nifskope up to date? http://sourceforge.net/projects/niftools/files/nifskope/

I updated NifSkope and that helped a lot thanks. But now I have new problems… the added tail meshes can be seen thru the entire mesh not sure how to fix that, but hey I can see it in game. Also I need to mess around with the weight painting a bit, as the mesh is going haywire… just look at those tails and the second set of boobs… just horrid.

FYI I weight painted the tails and the second set of boobs to be dependent on the TBB bones. So yes they do bounce. However at the moment the tails cannot be posed in any way. Making them in a way that would allow them to be posed would have required adding new bones or using the cloak bones nether were something I felt comfortable doing.

I added new pictures on the front page.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know how to fix your problem' date=' but i do want to just say that I am still looking forward to this race. If you have any lore you would be willing to divulge to us, that would be grand.

[/quote']

At the moment I have only some small lines of text down on paper but I will sit down and put more information up as soon as I feel I am able to start working in the Creation Kit. When I get to that point I should be close to a release... if all goes well.

Archived