sidfu Posted March 17, 2016 Posted March 17, 2016 There is a morality problem too, doing a mod by merging too without authorization of the initial modders is stealing and never a modder will do that he talking aboout merging for personal uses to make load order smaller
brigma Posted March 17, 2016 Posted March 17, 2016 There is a morality problem too, doing a mod by merging too without authorization of the initial modders is stealing and never a modder will do that he talking aboout merging for personal uses to make load order smaller I actually wanted to do it to prevent loot from screwing up the load order of the 3 .esp and making the .esm always go to the top of the load order. That being the case it would probably be proper to get permission from blabla and clifton, as well as any other people's mods that would be included in the merge and the original creator of Paradise Halls (though he seems to be MIA). However since I lack the technical prowess to pull this off without royally screwing up the whole thing, it's kinda a moot point.
EinarrTheRed Posted March 17, 2016 Posted March 17, 2016 The other problem you'd face, even for personal use, is that with the extensive changes made to the slaver camp and further changes that are in the works (yeah, I'm not done with it... more coming eventually); not to mention future development with PAHE. A merged file would make updating a headache. Actually, once Blabla is fully back I want to talk to him about the viability of making the slaver camp esm file itself which would make some of the future expansions easier to do. For example, a mine could be added (something that's been publicly discussed) as a separate esp linking to the camp without any need for bashing a patch in Wrye.
CliftonJD Posted March 18, 2016 Posted March 18, 2016 The other problem you'd face, even for personal use, is that with the extensive changes made to the slaver camp and further changes that are in the works (yeah, I'm not done with it... more coming eventually); not to mention future development with PAHE. A merged file would make updating a headache. Actually, once Blabla is fully back I want to talk to him about the viability of making the slaver camp esm file itself which would make some of the future expansions easier to do. For example, a mine could be added (something that's been publicly discussed) as a separate esp linking to the camp without any need for bashing a patch in Wrye. that doesn't seem like it'll work, it might be possible to split the camp into another esm and an esp, but it can't be an esm as it sits now relying on pah as its master file
EinarrTheRed Posted March 18, 2016 Posted March 18, 2016 You can have one master file dependent on another. It would just have to load after PAH, which most mod organizers *should* recognize and order them properly. Splitting it into a master and an esp would defeat the point of making it an esm in the first place. I just need to talk with Bla about whether there is anything in what he's doing or planning to do that would cause problems or if he knows of any reason why making it a master would cause problems with scripts (which is possible I think, good reason to double check). I'm also thinking we could possibly do away with the farengar's study esp and make that (or some variation on it) part of the slave camp. But there again, need to talk that over with Bla when he has time.
sidfu Posted March 18, 2016 Posted March 18, 2016 here my opinon i say do away with the study esp infavor of either giving u 1 collar to start with and make wip craftable or just add them to a vendor u can buy from at start aka riverwood. good thing about gettign rid of the study esp is it keeps incompatiblies down, frees up 1 more esp to use and best of all thats one less esp u gguys have to worry about.
EinarrTheRed Posted March 18, 2016 Posted March 18, 2016 What I actually had in mind was to have a new quest that kicks off the slaving thing, which is sort of what Farengar's study was meant to be but never really was developed. However, I'm also a big fan of Timing is Everything, so what I would hope we could do... if we do this... is have an MCM option so you can configure when the quest can start or even disable the quest and just start you off with a small set of collars, a whip, etc. instead. That gives everyone options so if you are using an alternate game start it could work with that, or if you just don't like doing quests at all that's okay too, or if you like the normal story line and want it to start only after you've had a chance to level up a bit... you're still good. Options are always nice. I'm just not sure how much would be possible and I want to make it clear there's no promises here because Bla would have to do the bulk of the scripting. I could write the quests, the dialog, build locations, but he'd have to put it together. Since I've no idea what he can or would be interested in doing, can't promise anything. Its just something I'd like to try.
blabla11 Posted March 18, 2016 Author Posted March 18, 2016 I just need to talk with Bla about whether there is anything in what he's doing or planning to do that would cause problems Nothing I can think of... or if he knows of any reason why making it a master would cause problems with scripts (which is possible I think, good reason to double check). Since I'm using loose scripts, I don't think so.
CliftonJD Posted March 18, 2016 Posted March 18, 2016 here my opinon i say do away with the study esp infavor of either giving u 1 collar to start with and make wip craftable or just add them to a vendor u can buy from at start aka riverwood. good thing about gettign rid of the study esp is it keeps incompatiblies down, frees up 1 more esp to use and best of all thats one less esp u gguys have to worry about. einarr already made those items buyable at the last felglow keep remap he added a kaajit trader as you come into the main hall who's leveled list includes both pah collars and various zaz items his update to the camp was huge so he forgot how much to inform everybody of the changes he made
EinarrTheRed Posted March 19, 2016 Posted March 19, 2016 Blabla, prior to real life interrupting, had been working on adding the option to assign slaves as labor in a mine. It wasn't much beyond the concept stage but we did have some things on the drawing board and some concept sketches done. When I rebuilt the slave camp interior I added a currently unused tunnel in the back which will eventually connect to a mine in a separate cell. That mine has been roughly sketched out and when Blabla has time to get back to work on it we'll finalize some details and I'll build the mine so he can add the scripting. So... that mine. There are a several unusued collapsed tunnels in the rebuilt camp... they might be there for some future reasons.
Musje Posted March 19, 2016 Posted March 19, 2016 Did anything change is the way slaves are "killed and copied" during enslavement, in one of the latest repacks? I noticed at some point that a newly enslaved person would not go naked anymore if you take away their clothes, they appear dressed. Only when I give back their clothes and take them away again will they appear naked.
Strec Posted March 19, 2016 Posted March 19, 2016 Blabla, prior to real life interrupting, had been working on adding the option to assign slaves as labor in a mine. It wasn't much beyond the concept stage but we did have some things on the drawing board and some concept sketches done. When I rebuilt the slave camp interior I added a currently unused tunnel in the back which will eventually connect to a mine in a separate cell. That mine has been roughly sketched out and when Blabla has time to get back to work on it we'll finalize some details and I'll build the mine so he can add the scripting. So... that mine. There are a several unusued collapsed tunnels in the rebuilt camp... they might be there for some future reasons. Why would the possibility to have slaves at work limited to only on place (and some for the other functionnality as selling, training, ...)? Why would'nt it be possible to use the existing places in Skyrim, training slaves for combat at barraks, training slave to sex in inns, getting ore with slaves in mines, and so on .....................
CliftonJD Posted March 19, 2016 Posted March 19, 2016 Did anything change is the way slaves are "killed and copied" during enslavement, in one of the latest repacks? I noticed at some point that a newly enslaved person would not go naked anymore if you take away their clothes, they appear dressed. Only when I give back their clothes and take them away again will they appear naked. that's a new bug for sure, did you reboot the mod after install, thought i'd mentioned this update needed a reboot, but it may have slipped my mind, sorry grab the latest update fix from bla as of early this morning he put in an update from last nite's messages he's read about our bugs here install it over the repack and overwrite all files then when that's done reboot pah from the mcm if it still happens after that, please post us the log of it
Musje Posted March 19, 2016 Posted March 19, 2016 install it over the repack and overwrite all files then when that's done reboot pah from the mcm if it still happens after that, please post us the log of it Not sure if it was the update or the reboot, but the bug is gone
CliftonJD Posted March 19, 2016 Posted March 19, 2016 install it over the repack and overwrite all files then when that's done reboot pah from the mcm if it still happens after that, please post us the log of it Not sure if it was the update or the reboot, but the bug is gone very good
CryptoZero Posted March 20, 2016 Posted March 20, 2016 Hi again, I did some cleaning for a few days. I have reinstalled skyrim and all the mods, about to start a new game which could be good for testing this mod also. But... and I'm sorry for bothering again with this, I can't get the version I assume is the last stable one out there "paradise_halls sl extension repack release h_rc0.6.zip" (?). The page says "Sorry, you don't have permission for that!" when I click on the link T.T .It will be very helpfull for all of us, if you could please put the last stable links on the first page. Its not my intention to add extra load or problems. I know that all of you are doing this with no profit, I don't know what motivates you for doing this mod? XD, but thank you for all the work. And I know again, that this is a time consuming thing, time that maybe you don't have at all. So again this is a humble request, no presure =).I could gladly help you updating the main page, but as you may noticed, my english is pretty bad, and it might bring more problems than solutions. But if there is something I can do to help, let me know and thanks again.
Dave0000 Posted March 20, 2016 Posted March 20, 2016 Hi again, I did some cleaning for a few days. I have reinstalled skyrim and all the mods, about to start a new game which could be good for testing this mod also. But... and I'm sorry for bothering again with this, I can't get the version I assume is the last stable one out there "paradise_halls sl extension repack release h_rc0.6.zip" (?). The page says "Sorry, you don't have permission for that!" when I click on the link T.T . It will be very helpfull for all of us, if you could please put the last stable links on the first page. Its not my intention to add extra load or problems. I know that all of you are doing this with no profit, I don't know what motivates you for doing this mod? XD, but thank you for all the work. And I know again, that this is a time consuming thing, time that maybe you don't have at all. So again this is a humble request, no presure =). I could gladly help you updating the main page, but as you may noticed, my english is pretty bad, and it might bring more problems than solutions. But if there is something I can do to help, let me know and thanks again. i agree with all he say!
sidfu Posted March 20, 2016 Posted March 20, 2016 found a bug kinda major but not 100% sure its this mod. well its more llike a mod interaction than a bug in mod itself. first i been trying to hunt down the mod thats been causeing my saves to be uunloadable. they unloadable by once load screen finish its 100% ctd. also u cant even open the saves with a save tool it crashes them. the way the savves go was weird if u saved 5 times then save 2 and 4 would be unloadable but 3 and 5 fine. its took 2 days but so far everything points to pah. so started removeing 1 at time and once i removed pah and the sl parts of it went from unloadable save at 30min to a 2h game so far with none unloadable. also on side note removeing pah got rid of my disappearing npc weird but i think its the orginal pah not the sl addons thats causeing the issues. im thinking its a combination of slaverrun and pah sl mods combined was causeing it. pah was fine minus the disapearing npc before i installed slaverrun. either its causse both add stuff to dragon reach or its causse of mcm limitations(the sl pah realy needs to overwright the pah mcm haveing 2 mcm doing same thing may be the cause). i checked online and read that to many mods with mcm can also cause saves to be unloadable and with slaverrun haveing alot of options in its mcm im thinking that was the case. ill update if i find out anymore info. well with the zaz update u guys probaly gonna do alot of changeing around anyway. hopelly next update u guys work on haveing 1 mcm insstead of 2.
CliftonJD Posted March 21, 2016 Posted March 21, 2016 Hi again, I did some cleaning for a few days. I have reinstalled skyrim and all the mods, about to start a new game which could be good for testing this mod also. But... and I'm sorry for bothering again with this, I can't get the version I assume is the last stable one out there "paradise_halls sl extension repack release h_rc0.6.zip" (?). The page says "Sorry, you don't have permission for that!" when I click on the link T.T . It will be very helpfull for all of us, if you could please put the last stable links on the first page. Its not my intention to add extra load or problems. I know that all of you are doing this with no profit, I don't know what motivates you for doing this mod? XD, but thank you for all the work. And I know again, that this is a time consuming thing, time that maybe you don't have at all. So again this is a humble request, no presure =). I could gladly help you updating the main page, but as you may noticed, my english is pretty bad, and it might bring more problems than solutions. But if there is something I can do to help, let me know and thanks again. you can't download that link because the post was removed when it was outdated : even when it was posted it was set out as an early release as I tested some bugs the latest stable version is on the main page, that's why I removed the outdated repack Hi again, I did some cleaning for a few days. I have reinstalled skyrim and all the mods, about to start a new game which could be good for testing this mod also. But... and I'm sorry for bothering again with this, I can't get the version I assume is the last stable one out there "paradise_halls sl extension repack release h_rc0.6.zip" (?). The page says "Sorry, you don't have permission for that!" when I click on the link T.T . It will be very helpfull for all of us, if you could please put the last stable links on the first page. Its not my intention to add extra load or problems. I know that all of you are doing this with no profit, I don't know what motivates you for doing this mod? XD, but thank you for all the work. And I know again, that this is a time consuming thing, time that maybe you don't have at all. So again this is a humble request, no presure =). I could gladly help you updating the main page, but as you may noticed, my english is pretty bad, and it might bring more problems than solutions. But if there is something I can do to help, let me know and thanks again. i agree with all he say! the latest update is on the main page as of march 16th found a bug kinda major but not 100% sure its this mod. well its more llike a mod interaction than a bug in mod itself. first i been trying to hunt down the mod thats been causeing my saves to be uunloadable. they unloadable by once load screen finish its 100% ctd. also u cant even open the saves with a save tool it crashes them. the way the savves go was weird if u saved 5 times then save 2 and 4 would be unloadable but 3 and 5 fine. its took 2 days but so far everything points to pah. so started removeing 1 at time and once i removed pah and the sl parts of it went from unloadable save at 30min to a 2h game so far with none unloadable. also on side note removeing pah got rid of my disappearing npc weird but i think its the orginal pah not the sl addons thats causeing the issues. im thinking its a combination of slaverrun and pah sl mods combined was causeing it. pah was fine minus the disapearing npc before i installed slaverrun. either its causse both add stuff to dragon reach or its causse of mcm limitations(the sl pah realy needs to overwright the pah mcm haveing 2 mcm doing same thing may be the cause). i checked online and read that to many mods with mcm can also cause saves to be unloadable and with slaverrun haveing alot of options in its mcm im thinking that was the case. ill update if i find out anymore info. well with the zaz update u guys probaly gonna do alot of changeing around anyway. hopelly next update u guys work on haveing 1 mcm insstead of 2. your issue with 2 mcm's exists because you have the hotfix with version h on the same game in mo, if you had them in skyrim there wouldn't be 2 mcm's as version h has the hotfix already in it, those files were intended to overwrite each other, not be kept separate.. this is the only reason i'm going to repost the repack again this early, there shouldn't be 2 mcm's, but mo users seem to get this a lot... hopefully that's the only problem you have there, if you'd mentioned the issue sooner we could have told you the fix for it, now you'll need to clean the save of pah before reinstalling if you hadn't uninstalled already, there' mods recommended for tieing up the slaves during this process anybody else updating older saves to this version need to reboot pah from the mcm and wait til it says completed if for some reason it seems stuck then don't save that, reload then coc qasmoke using the console and reboot it from there
CryptoZero Posted March 21, 2016 Posted March 21, 2016 Hi again, I did some cleaning for a few days. I have reinstalled skyrim and all the mods, about to start a new game which could be good for testing this mod also. But... and I'm sorry for bothering again with this, I can't get the version I assume is the last stable one out there "paradise_halls sl extension repack release h_rc0.6.zip" (?). The page says "Sorry, you don't have permission for that!" when I click on the link T.T . It will be very helpfull for all of us, if you could please put the last stable links on the first page. Its not my intention to add extra load or problems. I know that all of you are doing this with no profit, I don't know what motivates you for doing this mod? XD, but thank you for all the work. And I know again, that this is a time consuming thing, time that maybe you don't have at all. So again this is a humble request, no presure =). I could gladly help you updating the main page, but as you may noticed, my english is pretty bad, and it might bring more problems than solutions. But if there is something I can do to help, let me know and thanks again. you can't download that link because the post was removed when it was outdated : even when it was posted it was set out as an early release as I tested some bugs the latest stable version is on the main page, that's why I removed the outdated repack Hi again, I did some cleaning for a few days. I have reinstalled skyrim and all the mods, about to start a new game which could be good for testing this mod also. But... and I'm sorry for bothering again with this, I can't get the version I assume is the last stable one out there "paradise_halls sl extension repack release h_rc0.6.zip" (?). The page says "Sorry, you don't have permission for that!" when I click on the link T.T . It will be very helpfull for all of us, if you could please put the last stable links on the first page. Its not my intention to add extra load or problems. I know that all of you are doing this with no profit, I don't know what motivates you for doing this mod? XD, but thank you for all the work. And I know again, that this is a time consuming thing, time that maybe you don't have at all. So again this is a humble request, no presure =). I could gladly help you updating the main page, but as you may noticed, my english is pretty bad, and it might bring more problems than solutions. But if there is something I can do to help, let me know and thanks again. i agree with all he say! the latest update is on the main page as of march 16th found a bug kinda major but not 100% sure its this mod. well its more llike a mod interaction than a bug in mod itself. first i been trying to hunt down the mod thats been causeing my saves to be uunloadable. they unloadable by once load screen finish its 100% ctd. also u cant even open the saves with a save tool it crashes them. the way the savves go was weird if u saved 5 times then save 2 and 4 would be unloadable but 3 and 5 fine. its took 2 days but so far everything points to pah. so started removeing 1 at time and once i removed pah and the sl parts of it went from unloadable save at 30min to a 2h game so far with none unloadable. also on side note removeing pah got rid of my disappearing npc weird but i think its the orginal pah not the sl addons thats causeing the issues. im thinking its a combination of slaverrun and pah sl mods combined was causeing it. pah was fine minus the disapearing npc before i installed slaverrun. either its causse both add stuff to dragon reach or its causse of mcm limitations(the sl pah realy needs to overwright the pah mcm haveing 2 mcm doing same thing may be the cause). i checked online and read that to many mods with mcm can also cause saves to be unloadable and with slaverrun haveing alot of options in its mcm im thinking that was the case. ill update if i find out anymore info. well with the zaz update u guys probaly gonna do alot of changeing around anyway. hopelly next update u guys work on haveing 1 mcm insstead of 2. your issue with 2 mcm's exists because you have the hotfix with version h on the same game in mo, if you had them in skyrim there wouldn't be 2 mcm's as version h has the hotfix already in it, those files were intended to overwrite each other, not be kept separate.. this is the only reason i'm going to repost the repack again this early, there shouldn't be 2 mcm's, but mo users seem to get this a lot... hopefully that's the only problem you have there, if you'd mentioned the issue sooner we could have told you the fix for it, now you'll need to clean the save of pah before reinstalling if you hadn't uninstalled already, there' mods recommended for tieing up the slaves during this process paradise_halls sl extension repack release h_rc0.6 fixed.zip anybody else updating older saves to this version need to reboot pah from the mcm and wait til it says completed if for some reason it seems stuck then don't save that, reload then coc qasmoke using the console and reboot it from there Thank you CliftonJD for your answer, I posted the suggestion because in the main page I can only see these 3 files: Attached File paradise_halls_SLExtension_0.1g.7z 78.28KB Attached File paradise_halls_SLExtension_0.1g_hotfix.7z 11.43KB Attached File paradise_halls_SLExtension_0.1h_RC0.6_fix.7z 655.17KB None of those seems to be big enough for a repack. But I got it for your last post now, thanks.
sidfu Posted March 21, 2016 Posted March 21, 2016 well on the 2 mcm i didnt mention it cause thought it was just place holder till u guys got around to it. ill try it again after u guys do any changes that the new zaz api and such has.
Strec Posted March 21, 2016 Posted March 21, 2016 im thinking its a combination of slaverrun ........... Ok, if you use Slaverun you use Sexout Arousal and it is itself which cause CTDs on load if in a crownded place when scanning. Had the exact same problem and after removing Sexout Arousal it's get out. I'm stunned that on LoversLab-Skyrim most of the mods depends from each other so you can't use an interesting mod without having problem with dependencies...
CryptoZero Posted March 21, 2016 Posted March 21, 2016 Hi, I've found this with tes5edit when checking for errors on my mods. [02:48] PAHCageEffect "Cage" [MGEF:1504D3CD] [02:48] MGEF \ VMAD - Virtual Machine Adapter \ Data \ Scripts \ Script \ Properties \ Property \ Value \ Object Union \ Object v2 \ FormID -> [0104D3D0] < Error: Could not be resolved > [02:49] PAHPersonalityFemaleSultry [QUST:1502C44F][02:49] QUST \ Quest Dialogue Conditions \ Conditions \ Condition \ CTDA - \ Parameter #1 -> Found a NULL reference, expected: FACT [02:50] PAHPersonalityFemaleArgonian [QUST:150282C0][02:50] QUST \ Quest Dialogue Conditions \ Conditions \ Condition \ CTDA - \ Parameter #1 -> Found a NULL reference, expected: FACT [00:03] [NAVI:00012FB4][00:03] NAVI \ Navigation Map Infos \ NVMI - Navigation Map Info \ Navigation Mesh -> [06015930] < Error: Could not be resolved > If this is relevant, its only on my files?. Thanks.
EinarrTheRed Posted March 21, 2016 Posted March 21, 2016 The cage may be referring to a cage door in the rebuilt slave camp that no longer exists (and wasn't used anyway); I'm assuming you have the new camp installed. I'd have to double check the form ID but that would be my first educated guess. It should not cause any issues, it was something left over from the original that so far as we can tell was never actually used or implemented. Maybe something the original author started to do but never finished, hard to tell since he's no longer around and didn't include any notes or documentation. Will check the navmesh ID, there's only a couple possibilities there since we only have one location, which is the slave camp. It makes some modification to the exterior world cell but I thought we'd corrected all the issues there (there wasn't much). The interior for the rebuilt camp is brand new so there shouldn't be any issues there. If you upgraded recently from the original camp to the new camp it might be still looking for the original camp interior navmesh, that should resolve itself. Not sure on the voice thing.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.