I understand lust for camping. I do that a lot.

Clearing mind in the nature can also give better motivation and more ideas, when you get back home and start pondering again. I say this as a writer: my own work wouldn't move an inch, without occasional trips out of town. :)

Hi again, I decided very spontaniously to go camping for the last 4 days, that's why I wasn't active here.

I can't give a real ETA for the Skooma Dens, cause I want to meet a certain standard and don't rush it. I try to get as much done as i can in the next two weeks, but then I go on vacation for 10 days. So if I can't finish an update till June, it will come in late june after the 15th.

No worries Guffel I would rather you take your time and do it the way you want than try and rush it.

Hi again, I decided very spontaniously to go camping for the last 4 days, that's why I wasn't active here.

I can't give a real ETA for the Skooma Dens, cause I want to meet a certain standard and don't rush it. I try to get as much done as i can in the next two weeks, but then I go on vacation for 10 days. So if I can't finish an update till June, it will come in late june after the 15th.

No worries Guffel I would rather you take your time and do it the way you want than try and rush it.

Pretty much this.

i like the red light streets. but what do they have to do with skooma whore ? what has this mod to do with skooma at all ?skooma has no effect. bandits drop drug mana brwews . aha.

in earliest vcersion there was Skooma the drug, you only get it from Dealers  until you were addicted, then you have to go to the brothel and get skooma there.

what has the new Version to do with that ?  nothing . absolutely nothing. and no sense in itself.  spoiling the game with the manabrew drops. oh Boys, what do you do.

i like the red light streets. but what do they have to do with skooma whore ? what has this mod to do with skooma at all ?skooma has no effect. bandits drop drug mana brwews . aha.

in earliest vcersion there was Skooma the drug, you only get it from Dealers  until you were addicted, then you have to go to the brothel and get skooma there.

what has the new Version to do with that ?  nothing . absolutely nothing. and no sense in itself.  spoiling the game with the manabrew drops. oh Boys, what do you do.

It was explained by Guffel few pages ago if I remember correctly, the brew part at least. The red light district is a nice addition.

It moved from just the drug being more available to the criminal organizations that provide them.

these organizations also deal in prostitution and probably other crap but we wont bother you with that unless you are interested in role playing an accountant trying to find where they are laundering their septims.

Any word if the redlight districts are compatible with JK's modification of Holds?

Is there a screenshot of each location available somewhere?

I haven't actually been to them all (haven't played for a bit), but looking at the CK says the following cells are changed:

SolitudeAvenues
WhiterunOrigin
RiftenOrigin
WindhelmDocksExterior01
MarkarthWarrens
RiftenRatway01
WindhelmCandlehearthHall
RiftenHaelgasBunkhouse

It moved from just the drug being more available to the criminal organizations that provide them.

these organizations also deal in prostitution and probably other crap but we wont bother you with that unless you are interested in role playing an accountant trying to find where they are laundering their septimes

Thanks for the Explanation.

actually i dont understand the concept of this.i dont see the sense of the drugs and the Prostitution. they are not connected.. the earlier Version was clear and logical. it would be Logical if the pimp would give a drug instead of Money like mixwater mill. we have enough Prostitution mods for Money.  The drug Dealers are still in town, who do sex for a drug. this is really overmixed.

MY PROPOSAL :  PIMP = DRUG DEALER

i can drink a full starter set , no addiction like exploration etc is shown in the actual effects. instead mental decays etc, which pass by over time. how many drugs must be drunk to get a stage of addiction? what is the sense of the decays ?

as i said, i do like the redlight corners very much,they are like a separate mod. (since the most Clients go to the other prostitutes, waiting time is too long.)  mixwater mill should have stayed, why not ?

in sexlab there is a way to record Clients at first page. would be nice if the Clients from skooma whore would count in that category.

@grine : dont forget the redwater grotto

these organizations also deal in prostitution and probably other crap but we wont bother you with that unless you are interested in role playing an accountant trying to find where they are laundering their septimes

Thanks for the Explanation.

actually i dont understand the concept of this.i dont see the sense of the drugs and the Prostitution. they are not connected.. the earlier Version was clear and logical. it would be Logical if the pimp would give a drug instead of Money like mixwater mill. we have enough Prostitution mods for Money.  The drug Dealers are still in town, who do sex for a drug. this is really overmixed.

MY PROPOSAL :  PIMP = DRUG DEALER

i can drink a full starter set , no addiction like exploration etc is shown in the actual effects. instead mental decays etc, which pass by over time. how many drugs must be drunk to get a stage of addiction? what is the sense of the decays ?

as i said, i do like the redlight corners very much,they are like a separate mod. (since the most Clients go to the other prostitutes, waiting time is too long.)  mixwater mill should have stayed, why not ?

in sexlab there is a way to record Clients at first page. would be nice if the Clients from skooma whore would count in that category.

@grine : dont forget the redwater grotto

I am actually doing a criminology class and the experts tell me its actually very connected but hell what do they know right?

anyway the point was having some random guy standing in the street or npc house handing out drugs like candy was really lack luster so we added dens, then we said hell why not add a brothel to it too while we were at it since the mod is called "Skooma" wait for it "whore".

so the mod is avtually in an unlucky state. waiting for the dens then. remember, redwatergrotto is already such a den, North of rifton.

still no reason to delete the skooma visual effect. much better then the actual effects, to my taste. most of the new drugs have no visual effect at all.

what i Keep for now, is just the street whoring to begin the prostitutes career. everything else i kicked out in the ck.

so the mod is avtually in an unlucky state. waiting for the dens then. remember, redwatergrotto is already such a den, North of rifton.

still no reason to delete the skooma visual effect. much better then the actual effects, to my taste. most of the new drugs have no visual effect at all.

what i Keep for now, is just the street whoring to begin the prostitutes career. everything else i kicked out in the ck.

I don't know about skooma visual effects, thats guffel's domain, but redwater den is only for people that have the dawnguard dlc and is heavily linked with the main quest line. To have a mod effect it as well is unwise. So redwater den not only limits certain players is a playing with fire and not worth doing it.

Is there a particular context under which the humiliating comments occur? I've never seen them at stage 4-5, though I have had inn servants demand payment for staying.

Also, I like the idea of the redlight districts, but the frequency of clients really needs to be higher. I'm lucky if I see 1-2 clients approach me per day, and that's barely enough to afford food, let alone skooma.

A big thanks for this mod. It's finally given me a logical reason to have skooma in the game at all. I've even gone a step further and allplied the addiction spell to ALL potions, as I regard taking any potion like taking a drug. What I mean is that in combat if your character gets injured they can withdraw from combat and use a mod like First Aid to bandage and gradually recover health, or go somewhere safe to sleep and recover. If you want to recover during combat then your character would take something like morphene for the pain and amphetemine for stamina boost - both potentially addictive. In my game I have zero health recovery rate set so have to do somethinng to heal (sleep, bandages or drugs). I've also changed Skooma so that it gives a big stamina boost but this degrades to a level lower than the original. I've also repriced & reweighted potions as a lighter but more expensive option - the brews from this mod are now a cheaper but bulkier alternative (I use a base carryweight of 2 - 5 so weight is important). Really looking forward to the Skooma dens - your latest patch has made the working girls much less intrusive - without it the girls in Riften were entertaining clients on the main walkways most of the day! Keep up the good work!

This mod just went up... got me thinking about visual effects for drugs. One in particular... the "fov" console command. For example, save the current fov value (I dunno how, maybe fov.getvalue() or something? can't seem to find any FOV reference in the CK wiki), then alter it for the drug effect, then return to the saved value? It would be an interesting drug effect, turning everything fish-eyed for a bit.

Enjoy the mod so far and like how some other authors have incorporated it into their mods.

One suggestion that I have that may have been mentioned before would be to make it more immersive through the use of text pop-ups. For instance, at various stages of addiction something might pop up about "feeling the itch" or "not being able to think clearly", or any number of other addiction-related messages. Right now I kinda forget I am addicted to Skooma until a negative stat pops up. So it would be really neat to have constant reminders to "feed the beast".

Thanks again for puttin out a great mod!

I have strange issue with this mod: I never used any drugs, but drug pool incresing regularly. For now I have physical decay 360, mental decay 226 and magical decay 26. At the same time I don't have any addiction stage or withdrawal effects. I tried to find triggers for drug pool increase and noticed that it growing after killing enemies, but maybe there are other triggers too. I guess there could be conflicts with other mods, but I have no idea which one could do such thing. Any ideas about that?

I have strange issue with this mod: I never used any drugs, but drug pool incresing regularly. For now I have physical decay 360, mental decay 226 and magical decay 26. At the same time I don't have any addiction stage or withdrawal effects. I tried to find triggers for drug pool increase and noticed that it growing after killing enemies, but maybe there are other triggers too. I guess there could be conflicts with other mods, but I have no idea which one could do such thing. Any ideas about that?

I have noticed the same issue. I want to get the addiction from potions and cursed loot events so I also want to know if there are some other triggers.