It should be mentioned on the main page that cage scenes has been disabled in SD+ because they didn't work properly. That makes the main part of this mod redundant. Maybe you should start following the master of the mod you create.

• 3 weeks later...

I had to uninstall this mod in the end as it just made dungeons too deadly for me. So many badass bandits and extra npcs made it virtually impossible to play the game even on very easy with followers in my party. Even after I set them to 1 and reset the mod count the dungeons were always over populated.

Impression of what the dungeons looked like to me filled with all the npcs.

bo.jpg

Nice idea and I think if done right could be worked into simple slavery or even the SD+ mod, but for now I am going to have to pass.

This mod isn't working for me. The cages are there, I have SD+ 3.6 installed with cage scenes enabled in the MCM. My owner does go to bed at midnight but I don't get put in the nearby cage, the cage doesn't get unlocked and I am not told to go into the cage.

I did use the Creation Kit to edit this mods esp. All I did though was edit the Faldars Tooth Interior cell, and all I did there was move the cage and move/delete/copy other objects. I didn't change any scripts or anything else. Also, the owner stays close to the cage most of the time (during the day he occasionally goes to the area with the wolf fighting arena), and there is a bed for him right next to the cage (which he uses at midnight).

I tested an unedited version of the mod, with only SD+ and it's requirements enabled and it still doesn't work.

nightwolf mentioned that cage scenes have been disabled in SD+. Is this true? The only reason I have any doubt is because the option is still in the MCM, so one would assume they're still enabled.

2 hours ago, Gornby said:

This mod isn't working for me. The cages are there, I have SD+ 3.6 installed with cage scenes enabled in the MCM. My owner does go to bed at midnight but I don't get put in the nearby cage, the cage doesn't get unlocked and I am not told to go into the cage.

I did use the Creation Kit to edit this mods esp. All I did though was edit the Faldars Tooth Interior cell, and all I did there was move the cage and move/delete/copy other objects. I didn't change any scripts or anything else. Also, the owner stays close to the cage most of the time (during the day he occasionally goes to the area with the wolf fighting arena), and there is a bed for him right next to the cage (which he uses at midnight).

I tested an unedited version of the mod, with only SD+ and it's requirements enabled and it still doesn't work.

nightwolf mentioned that cage scenes have been disabled in SD+. Is this true? The only reason I have any doubt is because the option is still in the MCM, so one would assume they're still enabled.

Us old timers have seen this one go over the hills and then back again on crutches, but as your profile has you as a youngster...  :smile:

- Cages have not worked since SD 2.something or other

- There is, however, light on the horizon at

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/24042-sd-sanguine-debauchery-enhanced-2018-02-10/?do=findComment&comment=2151614 

You could try even testing the beta for DBF.  Look at his 'signature' on that post, go to his beta development page, look down the first page, (ie scrooll down below below bottom of what's initially visible on screen - that caught me out at first as it's not where you expect file links to be) and the 362 beta, hopefully with shiny cage scenes, can be downloaded from the link there

Hope that helps 

from an Old Bloke.... ;)

I should have read up here first. I came to complain about those super powered bandits That I can't get rid of, and it turns out the mod doesn't even work like it should anyway. All I wanted was cages. That's it. I have no idea why there was a need to make god leveled bandits in every dungeon.  I hate to be a worthless complainer about something that is free, but that feature really ruined an otherwise great mod. 

But it feels good knowing I can delete this and I'm not missing anything.

7 hours ago, Jaymega0817 said:

I should have read up here first. I came to complain about those super powered bandits That I can't get rid of, and it turns out the mod doesn't even work like it should anyway. All I wanted was cages. That's it. I have no idea why there was a need to make god leveled bandits in every dungeon.  I hate to be a worthless complainer about something that is free, but that feature really ruined an otherwise great mod. 

You can disable the extra bandits in the MCM easily (but any that have already spawned will remain). If that doesn't work there is a No-NPC version you can download instead (though it's a No-NPC version of an older version of this mod).

Though, I guess none of that matters anymore if you wanted the Cage Scenes.

12 hours ago, Jaymega0817 said:

Read last few posts...

A bit of patience for SD+ 362

Use the NPC version

... and, with any luck, you'll be spending each and every night in a cage for the forseeable hereafter

;)

I kind of like the bandits, all-be-it, I turn off the tanks, and reduce the number to 3 or 4. Then again, I use two other mods that add bandits. Since I use alternate start mods, I make my settings before I start the game, and it works just fine. It is SD that broke the cages, at least that is my understanding from reading the posts.

Truthfully, I don't know what 66 of any enemy would be like to fight. With More Vanilla Bandits, and Populated Skyrim, I average around 20 at any given fort, which is quite enough for a mid-level stealth archer, who frequently has to run away. Too many bandits for melee fighting I'd think, as they tend to swarm.

My very long winded point is this; You control how many, if any, this mod adds. I turned down the numbers not because I wanted less bandits so much as I didn't want such good loot, especially in the beginning. I continue to use this mod while I patiently await the cages to be fixed in SD+ because I still love the look of them. Or maybe I'm just too lazy to uncheck the box in my mod manager? Nah!

• 2 weeks later...

Like previous versions, I suffer problems with the numbers baddass NPCs.

Can anybody explain why it is that even though I start in LAL, and disable certain kinds of them, or set strict limits on the number occurring of others, before I enter any other game-cells, they still appear, everywhere, replacing and adding to the vanilla NPCs?

Let's say I turn off vampires and necros altogether, and set bandits and foresworn limit to 1...

In any given bandit camp, I reliably have two or more baddass bandits. In at least one case FOUR. And pretty much every vanilla bandit is replaced with a "some bandit", who TBH is pretty fucking baddass also, compared to vanilla. Often, I can't tell them apart in toughness, though the baddass ones have far better gear, which is often outrageous beyond anything the PC can otherwise obtain at that level... Assuming you can kill these monsters, and I would much rather take on a dragon, or a pair of dragons.

I'll repeat that. I set ONE bandit in the MCM. I get FOUR baddass in some locations, never less than TWO baddass, AND any almost every other bandit in the game is upgraded.

Now, continuing my example, I turned vampires off altogether, but you can guess, I have baddass vampires showing up. In pairs. These scum can see through stealth as if you didn't have any and pack enough damage output to one-shot me on sight. That's not a playable level of difficulty, especially for something I turned off.

I had the exact same issues in massively different games, with entirely different mods in, different versions of this mod, and SD, and yet the same old problems, over and over.

The fundamentals of the code that is supposed to regulate spawning do not work for me.

Maybe, they work for others, but the only thing I can do with this mod is remove it from my LO entirely, or else it makes progression pretty much impossible. The only way I can deal with these horror mobs is absurd amounts of potion quaffing. This doesn't make for fun, it just makes for frustration and resorting to exploiting the navmesh to survive at all. It was merely annoyingly hard up to about level 20, then it got impossible.

As for the cages. I've never had the bandits use them, though the difficulty of actually surrendering to get enslaved in SD+, with these mobs, who often remain aggro and beat me to death post enslavement, is pretty high. As they can kill solo me in one hit in some cases, and they hunt in packs. With enough attempts I can get enslaved sometimes, but never got a cage used once.

While it may be I keep using some mod that breaks this, without a control for the difficulty level of the bandits, it's a flawed design.

Please rename this mod to "Baddass Gangs of Tamriel", as the cages do not work, and the NPCs can't be turned off, short of the old version with no baddass NPCs that still managed to make a hundred NPCs spawn instead, still ruining the entire game, just differently.

I thought this would be fixed up with the new version, and the snazzy new MCM, but deep down it's still the same old pile of problems. But now the baddass NPCs come with game-breaking loot too.

I'm sure there are people who like this effect. You can probably guess that I do not. I persisted with it through numerous bandit camps, foresworn enclaves, and vampire covens, but my patience with it is at an end. Unless you are a full-heavy armor type, maxed out in defensive, you die in one shot to these mobs. You want to play a mage? Forget it. You are dead in one hit, no matter what buffs you have. Play stealth? Nope, vamps can see you in the dark, even baddass bandits can see you in the dark, even with high skill.

Unplayable.

Remove mod, and it's all back to normal. At least that seemed not to make my game explode, as I was thinking it might.

On 3/10/2018 at 2:03 PM, Lupine00 said:

Can anybody explain why it is that even though I start in LAL, and disable certain kinds of them, or set strict limits on the number occurring of others, before I enter any other game-cells, they still appear, everywhere, replacing and adding to the vanilla NPCs?

Let's say I turn off vampires and necros altogether, and set bandits and foresworn limit to 1...

In any given bandit camp, I reliably have two or more baddass bandits. In at least one case FOUR. And pretty much every vanilla bandit is replaced with a "some bandit", who TBH is pretty fucking baddass also, compared to vanilla. Often, I can't tell them apart in toughness, though the baddass ones have far better gear, which is often outrageous beyond anything the PC can otherwise obtain at that level... Assuming you can kill these monsters, and I would much rather take on a dragon, or a pair of dragons.

I'll repeat that. I set ONE bandit in the MCM. I get FOUR baddass in some locations, never less than TWO baddass, AND any almost every other bandit in the game is upgraded.

Now, continuing my example, I turned vampires off altogether, but you can guess, I have baddass vampires showing up. In pairs. These scum can see through stealth as if you didn't have any and pack enough damage output to one-shot me on sight. That's not a playable level of difficulty, especially for something I turned off.

I had the exact same issues in massively different games, with entirely different mods in, different versions of this mod, and SD, and yet the same old problems, over and over.

The fundamentals of the code that is supposed to regulate spawning do not work for me.

Maybe, they work for others, but the only thing I can do with this mod is remove it from my LO entirely, or else it makes progression pretty much impossible. The only way I can deal with these horror mobs is absurd amounts of potion quaffing. This doesn't make for fun, it just makes for frustration and resorting to exploiting the navmesh to survive at all. It was merely annoyingly hard up to about level 20, then it got impossible.

As for the cages. I've never had the bandits use them, though the difficulty of actually surrendering to get enslaved in SD+, with these mobs, who often remain aggro and beat me to death post enslavement, is pretty high. As they can kill solo me in one hit in some cases, and they hunt in packs. With enough attempts I can get enslaved sometimes, but never got a cage used once.

While it may be I keep using some mod that breaks this, without a control for the difficulty level of the bandits, it's a flawed design.

Please rename this mod to "Baddass Gangs of Tamriel", as the cages do not work, and the NPCs can't be turned off, short of the old version with no baddass NPCs that still managed to make a hundred NPCs spawn instead, still ruining the entire game, just differently.

I thought this would be fixed up with the new version, and the snazzy new MCM, but deep down it's still the same old pile of problems. But now the baddass NPCs come with game-breaking loot too.

I'm sure there are people who like this effect. You can probably guess that I do not. I persisted with it through numerous bandit camps, foresworn enclaves, and vampire covens, but my patience with it is at an end. Unless you are a full-heavy armor type, maxed out in defensive, you die in one shot to these mobs. You want to play a mage? Forget it. You are dead in one hit, no matter what buffs you have. Play stealth? Nope, vamps can see you in the dark, even baddass bandits can see you in the dark, even with high skill.

Unplayable.

Remove mod, and it's all back to normal. At least that seemed not to make my game explode, as I was thinking it might.

I had this problem so I took the mod out, problem was I had to start a new game because all the dungeons had been populated with 5 or 6 badass bandits or enemy npcs, along with various other mage types. Even the vampires attacking the cities had a few badass vampires mixed in there as well.

Can you add cages to Ibn (Things in the Dark) as well as Insmouth (From the Depths) by Delzaron?  Possibly as a separate add on so if players don't have those two mods, they won't have to download the add on cages?   Entry Hall in Ibn is a great spot for a cage particularly near the door way to the Mutators.

You'd have to add badass Falmer too though. In fact that would be a great idea. 

I have a question about this mod. If I have another mod, that changes the difficulty of humans etc in game (e.g. Enemy Enhancer), does it also change the properties of the badass characters added by this mod? The reason I ask this is because the difference between badasses and vanilla characters is too big and I would like to make the vanilla characters more dangerous without making the badasses invincible. ATM I can kill the vanilla characters with one hit but the badasses are really hard to kill at all.

There's also a mod called "Run Dragonborn RUUUN!" here at LL and at Nexus. Has anybody tested how well it works with this one? In other words, does it also affect the badasses?

21 hours ago, Schalli1980 said:

just one little question, do i need the sanguines debauchery mod for this one? i have allready sexlab defeat and devious captures and death alternative running and to many mods who do nearly the same can cause troubles.

I'm using this atm without SD+ just to get those badass enemies.

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 9:03 AM, Lupine00 said:

Unplayable.

1. For the next version I've changed the event type that triggers the spawning of the badasses. It might work better for some.

2. The MCM limits bandit spawn per cell load. A bandit camp might have 2 or more cells. So, if you leave an area that has 3 cells loaded in the memory and 3 bandits spawned there, when you come back (assuming the cells have been purged from the game memory) and those 3 cells load again - 3 more bandits will spawn there (1 per cell), so now there will be 6 bandits there.

Now, if you turn the spawning off in the MCM - no bandits should be loaded no matter what. Obviously that does not work for you. Perhaps No. 1 above will work better. 

3. It certainly sounds like it. A game should be fun to play. If I am being honest I only win 1/10 battles with them. The point of the mod was to get enslaved rather than 'win' the battle. The POP BH also have a hard time defeating them, but that is my only immersive way to escape the BHs and jail. :classic_wink:

4. DA for all its shortcomings rarely fails for me here, but then again I still use SD2 + patch. (unpublished)  

5. There is no such control possible (that I know) outside CK. I have included a MCM option to have the badasses spawn without their powerful weapons and armor. However this does not apply to some spells. 

6. What kind of loot do you consider 'game-breaking'? 

7. Well, all right then. 

On ‎3‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 7:11 PM, Fuzzy_Fox said:

I had this problem so I took the mod out, problem was I had to start a new game because all the dungeons had been populated with 5 or 6 badass bandits or enemy npcs, along with various other mage types. Even the vampires attacking the cities had a few badass vampires mixed in there as well.

You do not have to start a new game to remove the badasses. Just uninstall SDc. All baddases added will be gone. This mod does not add vanilla NPCs of any kind, nor does it modify existing ones. 

That is not possible as this mod adds NPCs to various camp locations manually (in CK).  

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 7:26 AM, Jappa123 said:

Wow nice! new update! just started new game and i have one question on screenshots your character wears mostly dd items how? do i need some other mods or something because for me its usually zap items :frown:

Different SD.

On ‎3‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 5:50 AM, JuliusXX said:

I have a question about this mod. If I have another mod, that changes the difficulty of humans etc in game (e.g. Enemy Enhancer), does it also change the properties of the badass characters added by this mod? The reason I ask this is because the difference between badasses and vanilla characters is too big and I would like to make the vanilla characters more dangerous without making the badasses invincible. ATM I can kill the vanilla characters with one hit but the badasses are really hard to kill at all.

There's also a mod called "Run Dragonborn RUUUN!" here at LL and at Nexus. Has anybody tested how well it works with this one? In other words, does it also affect the badasses?

The badass NPCs are custom so no other mod should be able to affect them. Changing the vanilla NPCs should not affect the badass NPCs. 

If the badasses are too hard to kill you can uncheck their use of powerful armor (in the MCM).

I did not test that mod yet, but sounds like something I would like to try. Should not affect the badasses tho.