[BROKEN/DON'T USE] Heroine in Distress Alpha 0.5a (2016-03-19)

View File

THIS IS CURRENTLY NOT WORKING / DON'T USE UNTIL THIS MESSAGE IS REMOVED

Heroine in Distress — Alpha v0.5.

NB: I only recommend running this on new games, characters you don't want or are happy to go back to an earlier save.

DESCRIPTION

How much trouble can you get yourself into? After helping out a grumpy researcher, you find yourself trapped underground with only your wits to save you. Can you find you way out, and who, or what, is behind it all?

FEATURES

Spiders*. Trouble. Trouble with spiders*. Depravity.

* At least 4 spiders guaranteed.

WHAT'S NEW IN ALPHA V0.5

+ Nothing. Just tidying some things up.
+ Only Zaz Animation Pack 6.07 supported.
+ Upgrades only from V0.04.
+ To upgrade from earlier versions, install V0.04, load a game, save, then install V0.05.

WHAT'S NEW IN ALPHA V0.4

+ Completely new, smaller but more spidery dungeon
+ No sex (apart from the poor victim)
+ Struggle your way out of webs for fun and no profit
+ More ways to get started

WHAT WAS NEW IN ALPHA V0.3b

+ Magic-nullifying collar (and it's removal)
+ More lights
+ "Stagger" effect
+ A joke

WHAT WAS NEW IN ALPHA V0.2

+ Further caves to explore!
+ Interesting spiders to have sex with!
+ Several marble things!
+ Temporary placeholder buttons!

REQUIREMENTS

Really Really Required

SexLab (tested on 1.59c)
Zaz Animation Pack (6.07+)
Fuz Ro D-oh

Probably A Good Idea To Have for spider peen

More Nasty Critters

CONFLICTS

Fine Young Cannibals
Skooma Whore

INSTALLATION

Password for the SpiderOak mirror:

GeEjEe8ozakFJEzC0fpaJ4Xi5WUoJYes

Usual deal. Place the contents of the zip's data folder in your Skyrim's data folder. Or use a mod manager.

IMPORTANT:

On a new game, SexLab will not have creature animations allowed, so Heroine in Distress will partially disable itself. Wait for the HiD SkyUI menu to become available, and after Creature Animations have been switched on in SexLab, choose the restart option.

UPGRADING

Use a mod manager (Mod Organizer ot Wyre Bash recommended)

From Earlier Alphas

Install all files from HeroineDistressAlpha-004RC2.7z

Continuing from an earlier save with HiD...

DON'T!!
If you are any way into the quest at all, you'll want to start a new game. Loading a partially completed prior version probably won't kill you (I left the old dungeons in for the moment), but it might not be completable any more.

If you haven't started, but just have had earlier versions installed, you may be OK.

GETTING STARTED

Three ways to get started:

1. Ask innkeepers for rumours - sometimes they talk about Mistress Gilfre's guest.
  2. Bump into Hjioriik around Mixwater Mill and offer your help.
  3. Kill the creature in the shack by the river and wait for a letter.

QUICK START

For a really quick start, open the console and type: setstage hidspidequest 61

Otherwise, the creature at the shack is a little tricky for a fresh character, so you can cheat you way up if need be:

• Create a female character
  • Cheat you way to level six using the console command player.setlevel 7
  • Switch on godmode - tgm in the console
  • Teleport to Mixwater Mill - coc MixwaterMillExterior
  • If it's not between 10am and 6pm - set gamehour to 10
  • Talk to Hjioriik

TROUBLESHOOTING

Heroine in Distress will attempt to detect certain fail conditions and list these in the MCM. These include SexLab being disabled, Creature Animations in SexLab being disabled or other mods deleting things HiD uses. The first two of these can be fixed without leaving the game, and HiD restarted from the MCM. If something's deleted something from the game (which they shouldn't do, but <sigh>) then I'm afraid it's a choice between the two mods.

For reporting other problems, a Papyrus Log is a requirement. If you don't know how to switch this on, please read the SexLab Support & Troubleshooting Guide first. After you have turned on logging, turn on DEBUGGING in HiD's MCM. Post the log alongside your description of the problem. Please try to give as much info as possible, including what you've tried already. If you can remember what you did before the problem, or can reproduce it, list the steps you took - one of the things about testing your own work is that you know how it should behave, so often tend to never do anything that breaks it.

If your problem report is a single short sentence, it's probably not enough. If it's a single short sentence that involves "crash", "before" and "menu" you're very likely to be missing or have disabled a fundamental requirement of this or another mod.

KNOWN BUGS

Realistic Lighting Overhaul may make the caves far too dark to see anything. It is technically being very realistic in this case.
Caves are very dark with RLO, but there should be enough light.
ENBs make also affect lighting. You use the hotkey (shift-F12 I think by default) to turn it off if need be.

Getting up from the bed does sometimes look like an out-take from The Exorcist. Sorry about that.

Best not to attack the spiders. It can make the controls go weird.

TIPS

Struggling: The actual mechanic is still evolving, but as of v0.4RC2 here's what to do...

Two bars will appear. The one on the left is the timer, the one on the right is your ability to struggle. As the timer runs down, "opportunities" will appear when you can break the web (the bar will turn red). Whilst the bar is red you have to press and release A then D either twice or four times. That is, ADAD or ADADADAD. How much damage you do to the web depends on both if you managed to do all eight presses or not, and how much of the opportunity time you took (up to 100% is better, less than 50% is a complete fail). There are three randomly places opportunities per bar, lasting one, two and four seconds. If you fail to struggle free in two bars, the spider will return and re-wrap you, but giving you another two bars to escape.

Getting Out: After wrapping you the first time, spiders carry you to their personal larder. If you can confuse one of them, they might leave you at the exit by mistake. More tips follow if you're still stuck.

Scattered around the place are a couple of items to help you. Search each area carefully.

There's some mushrooms at the end of one corridor, and a mortar and pestle in another room.

Grind the mushroom's in the mortar & pestle. Eat some of the ground mushroom just before a spider attacks you

THANKS TO

gaggedgirl123 - for the original idea
Insanity - for the mortar & pestle model

SUPPORT, PERMISSIONS, TRANSLATIONS & MODIFICATIONS

Support for this mod is only available through this official support thread, and only for versions downloaded from this LoversLab thread.

Translations, patches and ideas gratefully accepted with credit.

Unaltered versions may not be uploaded anywhere else, unless downloads from LoversLab are no longer available. Permission is granted for anyone to take and alter the code/esp, but altered versions become the responsibility of the editor.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    08/31/2014
  • Category
  • Requires
    SexLab, Zaz Animation Pack
  • Special Edition Compatible

Consider this a first pass - it has many flaws :)

Next Steps

I think the first cave is a little too square - I plan to rework it so it's a little more claustrophobic. As well, work in ZAP's Spider Cocoon stuff.

The second cave is a little too large as well. Probably will have to shrink that.

Several of the timing mechanics also need fine tuning, as well as their activity being more noticeable so you can react to them.

The atmosphere and lighting are not even begun.

The second spider (Wincey) has borked AI at the moment.

State of the Mod - November 2014

I'm currently replacing the large caves with a more claustrophobic cave system ("a maze of twisty little passages, all alike"). Instead of chasing spiders, they'll jump out and start sex with the player, then wrap them up and transport them to their "larder". Different spiders have different larders, and being moved will give the player access to different parts of the caves they otherwise couldn't reach. Scattered around the caves are various ingredients that can be used to affect how the spiders behave, and it'll be up to the player to use them to progress through the caves (or, y'know, just lie back and think of the home web if that's your bag).

Couple of quick animated gifs of things (sizes 11Mb and 16Mb)

I see you've made some progress since we last conversed. Looking forward to trying the mod, but I'm having trouble starting it. My character is female level 6, but when I talk to Hjioriik he insists I can't help him right now. Also tried it as Level 7 and same thing.  Checked the SkyUI menu, and it says that Sexlab is disabled. But Sexlab is working just fine (creature animations included). Not surprising, I can't restart HiD. I'm using Sexlab 1.59 and Zaz 6.00 (just out today, and required for one of my other updates). Is it looking for a 5.xx version of Zaz? or is it looking for a specific feature of Sexlab I might have turned off?.

I see you've made some progress since we last conversed. Looking forward to trying the mod, but I'm having trouble starting it. My character is female level 6, but when I talk to Hjioriik he insists I can't help him right now. Also tried it as Level 7 and same thing.  Checked the SkyUI menu, and it says that Sexlab is disabled. But Sexlab is working just fine (creature animations included). Not surprising, I can't restart HiD. I'm using Sexlab 1.59 and Zaz 6.00 (just out today, and required for one of my other updates). Is it looking for a 5.xx version of Zaz? or is it looking for a specific feature of Sexlab I might have turned off?.

Did you try the restart button in this mod's MCM?

Also, Quis, could you add an actual description of what this mod does to the description? 'Cause all I can infer is that we talk to some guy, explore caves, and apparently get raped by spiders. Are we the heroine in the title?

Also, Quis, could you add an actual description of what this mod does to the description? 'Cause all I can infer is that we talk to some guy, explore caves, and apparently get raped by spiders. Are we the heroine in the title?

Yeah, that's my problem too... I'm not entirely sure I want to download it.

I've got kind of the same problem with Girl Catch, a bit.

Great work since the last update. Some notes:

Although I got a message "the proboscis fits" in the first room, I was not able to open the door and had to cheat my way through.

The second area has some lighting problem. It is also completely enormous. It took me a long time to find the spider here, and it seems to never die no matter how many pheremone potions I drink.

Also, once the bindings break, what is the characters motivation for continuing the game? Why not just kill the spider?

I'll add a description when I'm back from work.

If you're having a problem, rule 1 is "don't talk about fight club". Rule 2 is "include a papyrus log" (instructions for the uninitiated here) - and you'll need to switch on debugging in the HiD menu as well.

Couple of extra notes: if you run out of pheromone potions in the 2nd room, way at the back in the walled area is a wooden floor with a button in one corner. Also, the second spider isn't supposed to die (he's bigger and tougher than the first - and you might get stuck if he did right now)

I'll add a description when I'm back from work.

If you're having a problem, rule 1 is "don't talk about fight club". Rule 2 is "include a papyrus log" (instructions for the uninitiated here) - and you'll need to switch on debugging in the HiD menu as well.

Couple of extra notes: if you run out of pheromone potions in the 2nd room, way at the back in the walled area is a wooden floor with a button in one corner. Also, the second spider isn't supposed to die (he's bigger and tougher than the first - and you might get stuck if he did right now)

Mkay... so is there a note somewhere for room 2...

How many time do you have to play with Wincy (the second spider) before the you can drain yourself into the phallus inside room 2.

I would guess at say around 5 times (room 2 has 5 baskets around the phallus and the entry to room 2 had 3 to open it up)...

But Wincy is damn near tired after that many rounds and I still can't do anything at the phallus inside room 2 (oh and there's spider goo running down her leg... the player needs a plug to keep it contained).

Also for some reason the spiders become hostile after sex? This didn't happen in the old version...

Oh well I'll keep going until either Wincy pass's out or what ever...

First, the reset button doesn't work, I suspect because it thinks sexlab isn't running.

Alright, thanks for the tip on how to generate a papyrus log. I didn't know how to do that. Anyway, I attached the resulting log and hopefully it tells someone more than it did me. Nothing jumped out at me at first glance.

But a related question: how does one generate a list of installed mods, other than typing it all in with Notepad?

In a nutshell, the player is put into a series of increasingly dire and humiliating situations, all of which can be gotten out of through brains and determination. Sort of like the Sexlab version of the Perils of Pauline, only you don't get tied to a railroad track, :D

First, the reset button doesn't work, I suspect because it thinks sexlab isn't running.

Alright, thanks for the tip on how to generate a papyrus log. I didn't know how to do that. Anyway, I attached the resulting log and hopefully it tells someone more than it did me. Nothing jumped out at me at first glance.

But a related question: how does one generate a list of installed mods, other than typing it all in with Notepad?

attachicon.gifPapyrus.0.log

Very odd. After turning a whole lot of mods off, and having no luck getting this to work, I reactivated everything, reloaded the old save and  ... voila! It works! Chaulk it up to Stupid User Tricks, I guess. No idea what I did wrong, but it's now working. At least I now know how to generate a papyrus log, so  that's something at least.

Although I got a message "the proboscis fits" in the first room, I was not able to open the door and had to cheat my way through.

The second area has some lighting problem. It is also completely enormous. It took me a long time to find the spider here, and it seems to never die no matter how many pheremone potions I drink.

Also, once the bindings break, what is the characters motivation for continuing the game? Why not just kill the spider?

Clue: Examine the floor around the edge of the first cave, and remember what was in that dwemer cabinet.

Skyrim load order can be found in the "C:\Users\***Your Profile***\AppData\Local\Skyrim" on your computer.

It is a text document called "loadorder.txt"

Since this is just a WIP test... you can leave it at the bottom of my load order.

Just remember to uncheck/uninstall it and go back to a previous save once your done testing.

Now onto testing itself...

Wincy is a little screwy (the second spider).

If you can fix it so you can get out of the second room that would be great (got hung on stage 80, and tcl'd out of the first room after doing a setstage to 90).

Other things:

You would think room 1 would have less sex then room 2 or 3 (bondfire items to light off)... Maybe change it to a 3 for room 1, 4 for room 2, and 5 for the final room (I know rooms 2 and 3 are currently just place holders though)...

About the bond fire animation settings:

Is there any way to have sexlabs framework handle that so that free cam can work???

Its like your calling the animation itself instead of calling on SL framework... oh and the animation start location is off for room 3 (room 1, 2, and the main area are correctly done, but room 3 is not over the phallus).

Any chance of a multiple spider session in room 2 or room 3?

There is at least one 2 spider + 1 female animation out there (probably both in Beasty Extra's as well as in MNC). Just a thought....

Oh and definitely shrink room 2, kinda a PITA to find one little spider in that over sized room. (Or give the user the "detect life" spell tome)....

Still it's progress over the v0.0 alpha you had a couple of months back.... keep up the good work.

I'm using Sexlab 1.59 and Zaz 6.00 (just out today, and required for one of my other updates). Is it looking for a 5.xx version of Zaz? or is it looking for a specific feature of Sexlab I might have turned off?.

I haven't tested it with Zaz 6.00 yet, but it really only uses the rope cuffs, so it should work. I saw there were some issues with the web wrapping in 6.00 though, and as I hope to work with that next/soon I've been holding off.

As mentioned, please get a papyrus log if something fails. There's a lot (probably too much to be fair) of output when in debugging mode, and hopefully a clue to the problem will be in there.

As for why you would continue - it's up to you really. I did say in the original thread I thought about giving you the choice to leave at various points, with the idea you were willingly putting yourself in danger to find out more... If you do cheat your way out though, I'm not giving you your stuff back ;)

Mkay... so is there a note somewhere for room 2...

How many time do you have to play with Wincy (the second spider) before the you can drain yourself into the phallus inside room 2.

I would guess at say around 5 times (room 2 has 5 baskets around the phallus and the entry to room 2 had 3 to open it up)...

But Wincy is damn near tired after that many rounds and I still can't do anything at the phallus inside room 2 (oh and there's spider goo running down her leg... the player needs a plug to keep it contained).

Also for some reason the spiders become hostile after sex? This didn't happen in the old version...

Oh well I'll keep going until either Wincy pass's out or what ever...

You're almost there. You have to move carefully to stop losing too much goo though. It needs some tweaking, probably towards being less dribbly, and with more overt indications what's happening. At the moment, the only real way to manage is to switch on debugging and pop up the console every now and again to check things.

attachicon.gifPapyrus.0.log

Very odd. After turning a whole lot of mods off, and having no luck getting this to work, I reactivated everything, reloaded the old save and  ... voila! It works! Chaulk it up to Stupid User Tricks, I guess. No idea what I did wrong, but it's now working. At least I now know how to generate a papyrus log, so  that's something at least.

Hooray! That logs seems to show everything working fine though... which would disable the button since there's no reason to restart it.

Now onto testing itself...

Wincy is a little screwy (the second spider).

If you can fix it so you can get out of the second room that would be great (got hung on stage 80, and tcl'd out of the first room after doing a setstage to 90).[1]

Other things:

You would think room 1 would have less sex then room 2 or 3 (bondfire items to light off)... Maybe change it to a 3 for room 1, 4 for room 2, and 5 for the final room (I know rooms 2 and 3 are currently just place holders though)...[2]

About the bond fire animation settings:

Is there any way to have sexlabs framework handle that so that free cam can work???[3]

Its like your calling the animation itself instead of calling on SL framework... oh and the animation start location is off for room 3 (room 1, 2, and the main area are correctly done, but room 3 is not over the phallus).[4]

Any chance of a multiple spider session in room 2 or room 3?

There is at least one 2 spider + 1 female animation out there (probably both in Beasty Extra's as well as in MNC). Just a thought....[5]

Oh and definitely shrink room 2, kinda a PITA to find one little spider in that over sized room. (Or give the user the "detect life" spell tome)....[6]

Still it's progress over the v0.0 alpha you had a couple of months back.... keep up the good work.

1: It is possible to get out :) Not saying it's all that easy at the moment though.

2: The number of lights is not necessarily on a 1-to-1 ratio to the sex.

3: I'd like to, I need to explore the phantom animation creation system in SexLab first otherwise they appear as a registered animation.

4: I think it depends on the body you're using and where the feet end up. I actually get a somewhat queasy-making screen bounce in room 2, and drop inside the column in room 3. But both of those I plan to change to a different position anyway.

5: Is there... gosh... ;)

6: If you let the spider attack you once, he does appear on the radar.

men say "nothing you can do" any time wtf??? i kill monster in house... he say "nothing you can do at the moment".........

Sounds like you haven't restarted the quest after starting a new game. But... without a papyrus log...