[BROKEN/DON'T USE] Heroine in Distress Alpha 0.5a (2016-03-19)

There are times when reading your posts I feel like the stewardess

The mod detects a couple of cases where you won't be able to complete it - either creature animations aren't switched on in SexLab or a creature that is used in the quest has already been killed. If you're starting a new character it's likely to be the former, but I can't really say for certain without knowing what the message was or what the MCM page for Heroine in Distress says. Once you've corrected the problem, you can force a recheck from the MCM page as well.

There are times when reading your posts I feel like the stewardess

The mod detects a couple of cases where you won't be able to complete it - either creature animations aren't switched on in SexLab or a creature that is used in the quest has already been killed. If you're starting a new character it's likely to be the former, but I can't really say for certain without knowing what the message was or what the MCM page for Heroine in Distress says. Once you've corrected the problem, you can force a recheck from the MCM page as well.

noy sure what tha tis XD but il see if it works weh n i do the testing if anying out of teh orderyry comes aroudn that i cant fix il come for help

• 4 weeks later...

Would need to see the papyrus log. See the troubleshooting section in the OP for details.

The files in the patch are already in the main download, so I'm not sure they're causing your crash. Crashing when you start Skyrim generally mean a missing mod though.

got to the bit where you need to insert the gem but cant access it as blocked by 3 rocks any hints appreciated

Same thing you did with the other rocks...

Tried that but although I got the sound (and consol showed damage progression) the rocks did not break. Will try again from before spidey encounter and see if knkowledge of what to do will help :D

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for sharing , i had played one of your older versions on another saved game and it was quite fun.

I now used the latest version on an existing save game where i had no progress in the old version. I used a 23 level female character and when to the sack, killed the beast and received the letter from the courier to find the researcher for the "reward". A map marker then appeared for the researcher but when i found him and talked to him i got a response in the likes of "There is nothing i need for you at the moment" and thus i cannot continue the quest. 

Anyone has this issue?

Thanks for sharing , i had played one of your older versions on another saved game and it was quite fun.

I now used the latest version on an existing save game where i had no progress in the old version. I used a 23 level female character and when to the sack, killed the beast and received the letter from the courier to find the researcher for the "reward". A map marker then appeared for the researcher but when i found him and talked to him i got a response in the likes of "There is nothing i need for you at the moment" and thus i cannot continue the quest. 

Anyone has this issue?

You get that line when the quest didn't start first time around - have a look at the MCM and try restarting it there.

So, idk if I'm just not understanding the explanation of the mechanic.  I'm able to get the teal bar down to just a sliver of health successfully but no further.  So I'm just stuck wriggling.  I created a new character through alternate start instead of using my existing one as well.

The goal isn't to get the teal bar down, it's to get the webbing off (it has three stages, and there will be an equipping noise when the stages change - because it's really an item of armour in the game). The teal bar will go down anyway - it's like your stamina - but should refill when the white bar refills. If you're still having trouble, switch on logging and post the papyrus log. I'll have a look when I'm back.

I have been and remain really excited about the mod.  It doen't seem that I am making much progress on getting the webbing off like brecca above. I know you have worked hard cause I went pretty far into an earlier version.

I punch the A button and then usually the left side of the D pad pretty fast but have been trying to vary the timing and which D direction I can punch.  Every once and a while it really drains the right hand bar which originally I thought was what I was supposed to do originally.  I have been working on this about 15 minutes so I'm not sure how long it should take.  I can't wait to get to the next step and really don't want to console it.  Should it take me this long??  I apologize for asking for more detail but think it will help others too.  Thanks.

Haven't actually tested it with a controller. I suspect it won't work at the moment because I'd have to register to check the d-pad key code as well as the keyboard one.

Should take less than a minute to get out. I can sometimes do it within the first two optimum points.

Is "Along Came a Spider" the only part of the latest version? Just wondering because I see a lot of people mentioning notes, buttons and sex, but I've not encountered any of these in A04RC2. So far, I got through the caves and woke up in an inn. At that point, it says quest complete and sends me on my merry way. No buttons, sex , or notes. If that stuff isn't in the newest revision, then I'd have to say the content went along just swimmingly. I've not had any serious problems other than certain Devious Device events breaking the struggle mechanic by running the bleedout animation.

Yeah. I stripped out most of the earlier version. The caves were too big and too square, the spiders a little underwhelming and I wasn't entirely happy with the mechanics of going back and forth from spiders to buttons. We had a little brainstorming session a few pages back and came up with using potions to control the spiders. Now that I've found out how to do the portable crafting menu, I can add more ingredients, and more effects - spiders avoiding you, spiders following you, spiders protecting you, spiders screwing you, etc. - and I can set up puzzles that you have to solve to move through the caves on the back of those.

So, at the moment, this is just the first "puzzle" to test out the basics, and it completes a little abruptly only because I didn't want to leave anyone stuck naked in a cave :)

Sorry, I'm totally lost in thi cave: I found the shroom but never seen the mortar and pestle, not even a letter in the first room (and I have unread book glow).

Need some clues to continue, plz T_T ! I finally found it in a corridor in the dark. But when I eat the ground shroom, no effect happen...

Hello,

I'm getting a pretty odd CTD with the mod.

It happens when I arrive at the mill and I can only tell that it seems to be linked to the NPC that I need to talk to to get the quest started proper.

I think it crashes when the player enters the same cell as the owner of the mill, whomever that is.

Here are the logs, maybe they'll tell ya why this may be happening (I'm pretty sure I had the debug logging running, so something should appear).

Papyrus.0.logPapyrus.1.log