20 hours ago, atavistuk said:

How do I go into the console to remove an item from my inventory?

Finished the Little Bondage Adventure quest and it removed all the items from my inventory, but my character is still left wearing a White Ebonite Ballgag (Simple) which still works perfectly, despite me not actually having one anymore. xD

You can't remove DD items with console, it's just going to break your save. Safest way i know is to go to Cursed Loot's MCM and click the "Free me!". Second is if you have Devious Devices Equip in not hardcore mode, from MCM it should also properly remove restraints. The good thing about DDE method is that you don't have to free yourself from all the restraints, just the specific one.

If it doesn't work, load back a save where you still were in the bondage adventure and then either retry finishing it or "Free me!".

8 hours ago, atavistuk said:

Now I am SURE something is wrong. Inv 'works' but shows nothing, as if I have no items at all in my inventory, which is definitely not true!

Anyway worked around it and gave myself another copy of the gag and can't remove it using a key, the dialogue doesn't even come up, and the gag given just unequips when I leave the inventory screen. Thanks for the ideas though!

Edit: I shrug and start playing again, I decide to ditch the gag in a random container and it equipped properly, so unlocked it and now it's gone! I was sneaking and reverse pickpocketing it into a container I do not own, in case that specific example is why it worked.

What you did with the container is the best way in case of a left render item. It was even suggested here in the forum some 100 pages back (I think it was Kimy herself, but not sure).

I think you know how to use the console command for the inventory, but still I doubt you did it in a correct way. Did you write the whole abreviation? player.inv

Did you mark yourself as a target in the console to see the inventory? It will not work if there is no target marked and you just type inv.

If you have seen your inventory in a correct manner, you will see items having a name and items not having a name (not the bad editor IDs, that´s something different). The items having a name like:

1 Leather Bracers (00013921)(100,100.00%) - Worn

first digit is the amount you have. The name of course. The item number in the brakets and the current state the item is, in the second brakets. The word "worn" is showing the item is somewhere on your body.

Ok.

If there is a gag on your body, it is on your body twice. First is the invisible renderitem. This item will only have an item number but no name. Most times you have a devious item, the render and the inventoryitem are paired in your inventory and the item numbers are close to each other  (yeah folks I know... but it will help. Let me just try to explain what the new guys will see if they use the console inventory).

Here we go with devious ringgag:

1 Simple Gag (xx00D4F8)(100,100.00%) - Worn -->inventoryitem visible in inventory of your toon by pressing the "I" Letter

1 (xx00D4F7)(100,100.00%) - Worn -->renderitem not visible in the normal inventory of your toon reachable by pressing the "I" Letter

If you now are in trouble having lost your inventoryitem but still see the gag on your toon you can do two things. First one remove the gag by typing "player.removitem xx00D4F7 1" (without quotation marks of course). Depending how devious the mood from Kimy is, the item will fix itself by equipping both items again leaving you on the road of "where the f*** is this bloody restraintS key" or if our mistress is amused, she will unequip the renderitem leaving you free as the young bird you are :)

Hint: if you have both items equipped correctly you can remove them both by using the console. First to remove is always the inventoryitem. This one will trigger the scripts. I did this multiple times without fucking my game. The script is well written.

Second option: "player.equipitem xx0D4F8 1" followed by "player.unequip xx0D4F8 1" opening the dialogbox to unlock your restraint, which will now work as intended.

In your backpack a Simple Gag will appear. The second method has a culprit: If the lost inventoryitem is a questitem, it is not working because you will be stuck in the questitem. You have to use the first method. Bondage quest items are normal items. Exception: the inescapeable Armbinder.

Just fiddle around which is working best for you. Sometimes the item will not disappear. This is because your scriptengine has a bad latency. Just be patient and try again. Sometimes closing the console between the removeitem attempts is doing wonder.

regards

Rogwar

20 minutes ago, Zaflis said:

You can't remove DD items with console, it's just going to break your save.

Horribly wrong. It does break nothing at all.

How could it? The script itself will do nothing less than unequip the item. The script has a failsafe. No item , no test, no garbage in the save :)

It is as always: be sure what you do and how you do it.

Spoiler
14 minutes ago, Rogwar002 said:

How could it? The script itself will do nothing less than unequip the item. The script has a failsafe. No item , no test, no garbage in the save :)

Believe whatever you like. Removing those items placed by DD often breaks a game. I have had it in personal experience and I have seen it on the Technical threads. If you have a game that you just have to keep playing (I have such a game right now) and a DD item causes something about that playthrough to be unacceptable then I would remove it through the console and accept the consequences (it will take some time but the game will probably break). In general, I would also recommend against it.

2 hours ago, Rogwar002 said:

The additem command with count -1 does in fact not remove all traces of the item. You will 99% surely still see it worn on the player, and there's no console trick to help you then.

actually using the console does break your game because your character will still end up wearing the item anyway no matter what you put in the console and will break your game as others here have said. Plus you shouldn't be using the console to to remove items since it doesn't work and will just break your game, instead use the debug option inside DCL to actually remove the devices you are wearing. It is not recommended using the console at all

13 hours ago, Psalam said:

Believe whatever you like. Removing those items placed by DD often breaks a game.

Done it hundreds of times ... alright dozens ... never had a problem. I think you might have muddled cause and effect?

Spoiler

The number of times I got stuck with a corset from LBA back in older versions of DCL, because of the belt+corset remove bug ... and the number of times I got stuck with an armbinder because a solicitation customer didn't remove it when he said he would is ... not small.

If you had a broken game where you had to remove a DD item, it's more likely you got a broken DD item because you already had a broken game, than removing a DD item breaking the game.

There is nothing magic about the removal of DD items. If you're getting stack dumps because of that ... you've got some other serious problem going on.

10 hours ago, Hiderius said:

actually using the console does break your game because your character will still end up wearing the item anyway no matter what you put in the console and will break your game as others here have said

Nope.

You failed to remove the item because you got render and inventory items confused.

2 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Done it hundreds of times ... alright dozens ... never had a problem. I think you might have muddled cause and effect?

Hide contents

The number of times I got stuck with a corset from LBA back in older versions of DCL, because of the belt+corset remove bug ... and the number of times I got stuck with an armbinder because a solicitation customer didn't remove it when he said he would is ... not small.

If you had a broken game where you had to remove a DD item, it's more likely you got a broken DD item because you already had a broken game, than removing a DD item breaking the game.

There is nothing magic about the removal of DD items. If you're getting stack dumps because of that ... you've got some other serious problem going on.

Nope.

You failed to remove the item because you got render and inventory items confused.

u can remove any devious devices via console, idk it'll break anything just click on player and activate console, type showinventory, after that remove item or drop item for any worn devious devices, easy way is to dump everything into a container that way it's easy to show any devices thats is worn on your character.

after than u can run the deviously cursed safeword to free me, check for any active effects on player that relates to devices if any and remove them, do a console search on name and just remove that magic effect.

this has been a problem in the older version of cursed loot, but i never encountered this problem for the latest version, but keep in mind some devices are equipped via other mods and it could potentially break game depending on how it's implemented.

1 hour ago, Whizkid said:

this has been a problem in the older version of cursed loot, but i never encountered this problem for the latest version, but keep in mind some devices are equipped via other mods and it could potentially break game depending on how it's implemented.

That's a good point in general. There are old mods out there that have 3.X devices in them, and some never worked well to start with.

There are also Zaz devices, that can superficially resemble DD devices, but work quite differently.

But it sounded like the OP got their items from DCL.

15 hours ago, Hiderius said:

actually using the console does break your game because your character will still end up wearing the item anyway no matter what you put in the console and will break your game as others here have said. Plus you shouldn't be using the console to to remove items since it doesn't work and will just break your game, instead use the debug option inside DCL to actually remove the devices you are wearing. It is not recommended using the console at all

Actually using 'Free Me' in the debug menu was, of course, the first thing I tried. And nothing happened.

1 hour ago, Lupine00 said:

That's a good point in general. There are old mods out there that have 3.X devices in them, and some never worked well to start with.

There are also Zaz devices, that can superficially resemble DD devices, but work quite differently.

But it sounded like the OP got their items from DCL.

I did. I got hit with 'A Little Bondage Adventure' event from opening a chest. It dumped me somewhere near Darkwater Crossing, wanting me to speak to Adrianne in Whiterun. The ballgag was part of the set (I was entirely unbound previously). Talked to her and she removed all of my bondage as normal. Hence why I posted here.

4 minutes ago, Zaflis said:

Some post in LL (i completely forgot who or what thread even) got me search for a new mod, which i found:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/31463/?tab=description

It will make containers so they don't have (Empty) tag in them, before you even check inside. I think it's a perfect match with this mod.

I don't think that would work.

The Devices aren't really in the chests and the keys you find only spawn when you've openend it.

Spoiler
On 10/23/2018 at 9:18 PM, Psalam said:

Believe whatever you like. Removing those items placed by DD often breaks a game. I have had it in personal experience and I have seen it on the Technical threads. If you have a game that you just have to keep playing (I have such a game right now) and a DD item causes something about that playthrough to be unacceptable then I would remove it through the console and accept the consequences (it will take some time but the game will probably break). In general, I would also recommend against it. 

DD Items from DDa, DDi, DDe and DCL will not break your game by removing it via console. It is not possible. The scripts are asking for the items on the actor. If the item is not there, the script will end. It is not possible to have residues in the save. The game will not save, what is not there :)

This is not faith, but the knowledge of the code I read in the script files the authors are providing.

I will prove my point by removing the rubberdollquestitems via console. See attached pdf. Made screenshots from before, after and new game.

There is really nothing left. I removed Questitems to prove my point.

example removing.pdf

3 hours ago, Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I don't think that would work.

The Devices aren't really in the chests and the keys you find only spawn when you've openend it.

It's not the point. When you normally see an empty container while not restrained, you can choose not to risk it and skip it. But if you don't know it's empty or not, you are more likely to take the risk for loot.

It's other thing when you're bound and chasing after keys, then even empty containers are fine for key chances.

And it's immersive anyway, you don't have a crystalball to know what is inside something you haven't peeked in yet :)

20 minutes ago, Zaflis said:

It's not the point. When you normally see an empty container while not restrained, you can choose not to risk it and skip it. But if you don't know it's empty or not, you are more likely to take the risk for loot.

It's other thing when you're bound and chasing after keys, then even empty containers are fine for key chances.

And it's immersive anyway, you don't have a crystalball to know what is inside something you haven't peeked in yet :)

Good point. Not knowing that the chests are empty will make us loot more chests, making makes them a bit more dangerous. I like the way you think.

15 hours ago, TheBrave61 said:

I no longer have the wiggle animation when wiggling on the ground in a hogtie all other animations seem to be working fine. Has anybody experienced this before? and what was your fix will otherwise post up more info later. Thanks

This is a known bug.

You can't fix it easily. The script properties holding those animations are full of None. Not sure if the actual animation assets are present or not.

Suggestion: (Quest) A blacksmith wants to make a new device designed to help out on the battle field. (Optional) The dragon born obtains the requested materials for the device.  After which the dragon born is locked into an enchanted yoke. The yoke is enchanted so that it contentiously heals/enhances all nearby allies while in combat.  The problem is that the only way to get it off is to acquire some enchanted item located in a small dungeon. The dragon born will be required to bring along a companion to fight through the enemies while the yoke keeps the companion alive.  (Optional) The companion may or may not mess with the dragon born before assisting with the removal of the yoke.

Basically the goal of this quest is to force a role reversal. Normally companions are just pack mules or enemy bait and the dragon born is the hero who decimates everyone. In this quest the companion is the one who gets to take all the glory.  The closest thing we have to this right now is the cursed collar quest after the armbinder is equipped.  But unless the companion is already decked-out in good gear, they are not much help and are better left behind.

4 hours ago, SirCrazy said:

Suggestion: (Quest) A blacksmith wants to make a new device designed to help out on the battle field. (Optional) The dragon born obtains the requested materials for the device.  After which the dragon born is locked into an enchanted yoke. The yoke is enchanted so that it contentiously heals/enhances all nearby allies while in combat.  The problem is that the only way to get it off is to acquire some enchanted item located in a small dungeon. The dragon born will be required to bring along a companion to fight through the enemies while the yoke keeps the companion alive.  (Optional) The companion may or may not mess with the dragon born before assisting with the removal of the yoke.

This sounds like a fun quest.

It doesn't have any particular binding to DCL, so you could just make it yourself as a standalone (DD based) quest.

Suggestion: (Modification/option) For the bound shopping quest, rather than send a defenseless person across Skyrim with valuable goods, the shop keepers would require local deliveries instead. Also rather than remove all bondage items, they would only remove the least restrictive one. If the dragon born is bound up in several items, she would would have to make several deliveries to get them all removed.

For example: If the dragon born is wearing leg cuffs, a gag and an armbinder then after making the first delivery the shop keeper would remove only the leg cuffs. The next delivery would get the gag removed and the last delivery would get the armbinder removed (assuming more items are not added while making deliveries).

If you wanted to be mean, you could have a cool down for each vendor so that the dragon born would have to go to different vendors to get all the items removed. Some towns don't have many vendors. If you wanted to be really mean, the vendors could randomly not need any deliveries and may instead add more devices.