4 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Remind me what was changed from 6.1 to 6.2? I might be wrong but ... wasn't 6.2 the hastily released 4.0 compatible version that turned out to have a number of highly annoying bugs, including a dialogue that appeared prominently on every NPC and if you clicked it, you were instantly put in extreme bondage? I think that was the version that first made me build my own DCL, and start changing ... things ... because it wasn't really usable but you needed it for DD4. 

Personally, I would avoid 6.2 and 6.3 and go straight from 6.1 to 6.4, which seems to work the best of the post DD4 versions ... probably not too surprising ... progress is like that.

Is the point here simply that you can use CD with DD4+ ?

I didn't say you can't use it, hence my weasel phrase "doesn't work so nice" ... it just doesn't, and if you're a user having problems setting up a working game in the first place, it might not be the right choice for you.

However, IMHO, you get a nicer CD game using the older DCL and DD - and I believe that's Vel's position too. But it does depend on what you're trying to do. If you want CD and petsuit, your easiest path is DD4.1 and the heavy bondage patch.

There's also the point that some small number of people still just hate DD4's "options", and simply prefer 3 anyway.

I also believe that CD looks better if you use CBBE. While it seems to have some assets that just aren't Bodyslide configured right with either UUNP or CBBE, my suspicion is that it's a CBBE first mod and the CBBE Bodyslide set up has been better refined. I normally run UUNP/UNP for everything, but for CD, I make an exception. (And by Bodyslide set up, I mean how the devices are configured to not intersect underlying geometry as you change different weights).

that was the major bug with 6.2 which was fixed in 6.3.

this is from a post made by vel on august 24.

1 - yes, CD will go to v4

2 - It isn't hard to use the framework to equip and unequip devices, people are willing to help if asked

3 - 'One Click Fits All' was the reason I didn't update as everyone has different ways they want to use it. It's not like it was hard to set up in v3 and v4 has fewer settings to fiddle with for players. 

i havent upgraded to .4 seeing as .3 still supports CD where .4 doesnt. i am hoping that .5, when ever it comes out and CD has dd4 compatibility, will support CD again. then i will upgrade DCL to the latest version. as of right now DCL works just fine on .3 for me.

also when CD updates the catsuits wont be a part of it, as far as i remember, since that is the only item that doesnt work right with UUNP, as for everything else. most all of the items are retextured DD items which work with both UUNP and CBBE.

9 hours ago, shadowwolf2k7 said:

also when CD updates

Will CD ever update?

If you notice my post on the CD forum, you'll see I can't quite work out with any certainty whether CD has been mothballed or not.

On one hand, the mod front page basically says it's over. On the other hand there was a lot of back and forth in the forum that may, or may not have amounted to Vel accepting that there was no evil plot to take away Zaz 7, and never had been. I wasn't quite sure he said that CD would move forward or not.

I see there's a reply to that, albeit second hand, but only one level removed from the source, that says CD is going to move forward again, at some point. For now though, you've pretty much got what you've got. There are some minor issues with it in 4.X that aren't there in 3.X, still depends what you want most.

For me, 3.X was removed when I finally deleted the profiles with my old Slaverun games in, and the removal of the Zaz requirement in DD cannot come soon enough, but that's just me. It's a perfectly sensible thing to keep on using 3.X if you prefer it.

Except it seems difficult to get a copy of 3.X now.

Could that be rectified? I see no good reason to prevent people from accessing it so they can run antique mods.

For example, if somebody wants to run the old Devious quests, why shouldn't they? It's their problem.

I already made my point about custom in the software business to make old versions available for those that still need them.  It seems to be an LL oddity that old versions are purged so aggressively. Many mods on Nexus have their entire release history available.

8 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Will CD ever update?

If you notice my post on the CD forum, you'll see I can't quite work out with any certainty whether CD has been mothballed or not.

On one hand, the mod front page basically says it's over. On the other hand there was a lot of back and forth in the forum that may, or may not have amounted to Vel accepting that there was no evil plot to take away Zaz 7, and never had been. I wasn't quite sure he said that CD would move forward or not.

I see there's a reply to that, albeit second hand, but only one level removed from the source, that says CD is going to move forward again, at some point. For now though, you've pretty much got what you've got. There are some minor issues with it in 4.X that aren't there in 3.X, still depends what you want most.

For me, 3.X was removed when I finally deleted the profiles with my old Slaverun games in, and the removal of the Zaz requirement in DD cannot come soon enough, but that's just me. It's a perfectly sensible thing to keep on using 3.X if you prefer it.

Except it seems difficult to get a copy of 3.X now.

Could that be rectified? I see no good reason to prevent people from accessing it so they can run antique mods.

For example, if somebody wants to run the old Devious quests, why shouldn't they? It's their problem.

I already made my point about custom in the software business to make old versions available for those that still need them.  It seems to be an LL oddity that old versions are purged so aggressively. Many mods on Nexus have their entire release history available.

i do know that some people still have dd 3. i do know if you ask vel he can give you the old copies of it. if you want to use the newer mods that no longer support dd3 you would have to have atleast 2 profiles, which i dont think will be a problem for you :)

16 hours ago, Kimy said:

Huh? ZAP has been removed from DD back in version 4.0, so not sure what you mean.

I mean from all DD dependant mods.

There are still mods that think they need it, due to keywords, or factions, or the animation filter, but don't use so much as a single furniture item.

Or they use furnitures but they're pointless...

But what was implying, which apparently I have to spell out, is that the people saying that DD is going down the wrong path by "replacing" Zaz should think again.

There's a role for Zaz 8+ as a builder's resource, but even then it needs splitting up somehow. It's far too big as it is.

It was actually better as Zaz 7 + TUFP, and even then TUFP was too monolithic.

However, I can't imagine why anyone would want anything from the Zaz Bondage Framework. At least, not now.

10 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

I mean from all DD dependant mods.

There are still mods that think they need it, due to keywords, or factions, or the animation filter, but don't use so much as a single furniture item.

That's correct, but I have no control over this. I can confirm that DCL will drop ZAP with the upcoming version. It's already off my development version. For the other DD content mods, that's a decision their respective authors have to make. VirginMarie has indicated her intention to remove ZAP from SLAV in the future as well. I have no information about other authors' plans. I would however be surprised to see too many newly released DD mods with a dependency on both ZAP and DD, so we're mostly talking legacy mods anyway. People will be able to run a "ZAP free" DD installation with more than enough content mods, even if some mod authors decide to stick with ZAP.

We will ship a replacement for ZAP's keywords, factions with the next DD version btw. There will be no need for DD mods to also use ZAP anymore.

10 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

But what was implying, which apparently I have to spell out, is that the people saying that DD is going down the wrong path by "replacing" Zaz should think again.

Well, yes. Both T'ara and I have repeatedly stated that it's highly unlikely that future versions of ZAP and DD can exist in the same load order without taking away user's ability to install...anything else, really. Modders will have to make a choice of what to use.

Just getting back into modded Skyrim and I'm testing a few things.  After a bandit attack, my character was left hogtied in the wilderness... which sounds fun, but I'm not sure if it's working properly.  Her arms aren't aligned right with the armbinder, so they're clipping through it, and there doesn't seem to be any struggling animations.

Is this something "normal", or did I goof up somewhere?

Edit: After breaking free of the hogtie, she's still got the armbinder on, but her animations are acting as if it's off.  It's still equipped, and I can try struggling out of it (which plays the correct animations), but otherwise the game is acting as if it's not equipped.

6 hours ago, Jorvalt said:

Very... interesting mod. I like it so far. Though, I have one complaint. The rubber items just seem out of place. Like, they don't really fit with skyrim's general art style. Is there something that makes them look nicer? Muh immersion.

Try upgrading all your other gear to 4K textures :)

But seriously. They are shiny armbinders that look like patent leather, and polished rubber suits.  It's not easy to get rubber to shine like that you know! Of course they don't look "lore friendly" - though vanilla Skyrim might overdo the earth tones a little.

There is a whole load of rusty metal stuff if you prefer. I don't find it any more "immersive", as well-used iron (not steel) just doesn't rust like that, and no sane smith would waste so much of a precious resource on restraints, when a fraction as much would do the job. There are some dark metal pieces that have the iron look too, but they aren't as numerous.

If you really care, you might find it's feasible to replace the armor models on the super-shiny ebonite items with the same models as the leather items, or  you could re-texture the rubber suits to look like leather. You can also tweak the shader parameters in NifSkope without any special tools.

I haven't looked, but it may be possible to write leather textures over the ebonite ones.

The DD assets system provides no theme support, though many mods that use them do, so there's always that avenue.

17 hours ago, Sethala said:

Just getting back into modded Skyrim and I'm testing a few things.  After a bandit attack, my character was left hogtied in the wilderness... which sounds fun, but I'm not sure if it's working properly.  Her arms aren't aligned right with the armbinder, so they're clipping through it, and there doesn't seem to be any struggling animations.

Is this something "normal", or did I goof up somewhere?

Edit: After breaking free of the hogtie, she's still got the armbinder on, but her animations are acting as if it's off.  It's still equipped, and I can try struggling out of it (which plays the correct animations), but otherwise the game is acting as if it's not equipped.

1) Check DD options in MCM Mod menu, enable animation filtering. Also, make sure similar animation filtering option is disabled for ZAZ (MCM Mod settings, also)

2) Run FNIS one more time. Could be that not all animations are generated.

3) Are You using Mod Organiser2? If You are not then You should. The learning curve is steep, I had to spend several days to figure out how to make it all work, but once You have it, it makes life of modding Your Skyrim a lot more easier.

Getting all animations work properly is quite a complicated task and I remember having a ton of issues before I switched to ModOrganiser2.

27 minutes ago, xlvs said:

The hogtie struggle animations have been broken since 6.2

You will see spam about being unable to load them due to a wrong type in your Papyrus log.

It was allegedly fixed in 6.4 I think, but I see no sign of this - I see it broken across multiple installs on different machines, in NMM, and in MO.

However, the armbinder issue is definitely your end. While there were issues with armbinders prior to 6.4, they appear resolved now.

If you have XMPSE in your LO, or FNIS Sexy Move, or PCEA2, they could be involved. You don't want XMPSE.esp enabled at all, and the other two aren't really good ideas either, as they lock the player object a lot, lagging out DD scripts and all kinds of quests.

4 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

However, the armbinder issue is definitely your end. While there were issues with armbinders prior to 6.4, they appear resolved now.

Not entirely true, it depends on armbinder. Some still do clip in some circumstances. Something to do with animations being made for 2 different elbow width i think. And some armbinders are wider than others.

18 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Try upgrading all your other gear to 4K textures :)

But seriously. They are shiny armbinders that look like patent leather, and polished rubber suits.  It's not easy to get rubber to shine like that you know! Of course they don't look "lore friendly" - though vanilla Skyrim might overdo the earth tones a little.

There is a whole load of rusty metal stuff if you prefer. I don't find it any more "immersive", as well-used iron (not steel) just doesn't rust like that, and no sane smith would waste so much of a precious resource on restraints, when a fraction as much would do the job. There are some dark metal pieces that have the iron look too, but they aren't as numerous.

If you really care, you might find it's feasible to replace the armor models on the super-shiny ebonite items with the same models as the leather items, or  you could re-texture the rubber suits to look like leather. You can also tweak the shader parameters in NifSkope without any special tools.

I haven't looked, but it may be possible to write leather textures over the ebonite ones.

The DD assets system provides no theme support, though many mods that use them do, so there's always that avenue.

I just meant the latex seems super out of place in Skyrim's world. Everything else fits in perfectly fine, especially the chains and leather stuff.

I installed all the required mods for this and I've noticed that a couple of things seem to be missing textures. Namely, the quest rubber suit thing and just today I encountered another missing texture in a chastity belt a guard gave me after catching me having sex. It still has a shine to it, but the color is that weird pastel lavender that Skyrim puts on something when there's no texture. Did I miss something?

18 hours ago, Zaflis said:

Not entirely true, it depends on armbinder. Some still do clip in some circumstances. Something to do with animations being made for 2 different elbow width i think. And some armbinders are wider than others.

I'll clarify, the clipping is likely due to the missing animations, so I didn't speak to that ... however the OP also described a total failure of their character to enter armbinder pose once they were free of the bindings.

Armbinders not triggering animation sets was a niggle in 6.2 and to a lesser extent 6.3 but I don't see it now myself; it seems to be fixed - for the binders DCL uses at least.

6 hours ago, Jorvalt said:

I just meant the latex seems super out of place in Skyrim's world. Everything else fits in perfectly fine, especially the chains and leather stuff.

Every time I look at those latex items my first though is that they would look very nice in a more natural leather texture, or even with a nice satin/velvet or lace textures, yes they would not really work as restraints but as most of the items are designed to be show off, so to speak for the person wearing them other materials would work fine, I just never got around to re-texturing them.

1 hour ago, Varithina said:

Every time I look at those latex items my first though is that they would look very nice in a more natural leather texture, or even with a nice satin/velvet or lace textures, yes they would not really work as restraints but as most of the items are designed to be show off, so to speak for the person wearing them other materials would work fine, I just never got around to re-texturing them.

The original armbinder from the v3 assets pack (which is also required for 4) has a nice leather armbinder texture.

The new armbinders use a different texture layout, and have rather tiny plain textures; they rely on the shiny effect and the normal-map to look good given a small diffuse texture.

You could retexture those easily, it would take half an hour top.

It's just editing a texture. Try it.

Then go in NifSkope and turn down the gloss and specular strength on the mesh shaders.

2 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

The original armbinder from the v3 assets pack (which is also required for 4) has a nice leather armbinder texture.

The new armbinders use a different texture layout, and have rather tiny plain textures; they rely on the shiny effect and the normal-map to look good given a small diffuse texture.

Then go in NifSkope and turn down the gloss and specular strength on the mesh shaders.

More a case of time, my to do list is huge, for both oldrim and special edition, and that is not taking into account rebuilding both installs from the ground up, and full reinstall of mo/mo2 as required, both of which are still wip ?

22 hours ago, Varithina said:
On 9/18/2018 at 2:25 PM, Lupine00 said:

More a case of time, my to do list is huge, for both oldrim and special edition, and that is not taking into account rebuilding both installs from the ground up, and full reinstall of mo/mo2 as required, both of which are still wip ?

Don't forget that for 4.2 they are working on new textures for the older items.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/84513-ft-workshop/?do=findComment&comment=2233027

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/84513-ft-workshop/?do=findComment&comment=2246062

9 hours ago, LazyBoot said:

Not noticed that thread before will have a read through, but those textures look nice, but those were not really the ones I was on about, I was more on about the catsuits and rubber stuff for the most part, there again I personally prefer a nice transparent/semi-transparent lace effect or translucent silk type to rubber.

This sort of effect but for the whole catsuit ;