12 hours ago, SylveonMinx said:

Seem to be having a problem in which the download link is buggered? Its blank, says theres 1 file and such but doesnt display it as existing, click download takes me to a mega.nz page which refuses to connect, so I'm a bit confused...

5 hours ago, Avian1355 said:

I've got the same problem here. No download link

The file is too big to host on LL. So it now links to Mega for the download.

I can download it from Mega just fine.

1 hour ago, Comrade Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

The file is too big to host on LL. So it now links to Mega for the download.

I can download it from Mega just fine.

In Chrome (at least for me), the download link always fails. It takes you to a sign-up page and never downloads anything.

However, if you take the "magic number" off the end of the link, and re-paste it onto the end of the URL, so it looks like a mega link should look, magically, it works fine, and you get to download. It seems like Chrome does something to the link when it gets triggered from LL, and then mega does a redirect and you lose the crucial magic number. I'm not sure why this happens, but the workaround is simple.

Was playing good old Cursed Collar again last night.

There are a couple of niggles with this quest.

Firstly...

I triggered it via Simple Slavery (6.02 plus).

As always happens for me, with SS and this quest, after the blackout, PC awakes in a room with some crappy conjurers attacking her.

They would have killed her too, as she was naked, and under attack before the screen even cleared...

But SS hadn't removed my follower :) so Lydia appeared and murdered the conjurers for me. Thanks Lydia!

I used to think this was an SS faction bug, but I'm starting to think that DCL has a part in this too. Deserves a look at least?

Maybe the SS gateway needs a little review?

Being ported naked (and possibly bound) into a room full of hostiles, with your screen dark, isn't really a good way to start the quest.

If you pick up the collar yourself, instead of starting via SS, it's obviously a different situation, and you will probably have already killed any hostiles.

Secondly...

You read the note, and get a quest prompt saying "go search his house" or words to that effect.

The only thing is that there is no in-game clue as to where it is.

So, how in Tamriel does the PC know where to go? How does she know about this guy, she knows nothing about? How does she know where his house is? By the look of things, he's been dead for decades, if not longer. Who has even heard of him apart from Uncle Sheo?

Is she psychic? Is there some prior knowledge of this the PC has, but the player is unaware of? Something else? It just seems you "magically" know something you have no reason to know. It's not ... immersive.

There's no quest marker either. Fair enough. (There is a compass marker though).

I'm aware that hitting M on the quest journal item gives you a rough idea of where the house is...

You can find the house. Eventually. It's just that I don't know how the PC has any idea where to look, because there's no information about it in the note, and that's all you have (in game) to go on. The clues are pretty much the same in this.

The fix is simple: modify the note text so it gives an useful indication where the house is - so the player can find it without even looking at the map or needing a quest marker. Make it into a "real" puzzle, instead of a go to the next marker quest.

That would add a challenge, and make more sense.

Just a possibility - and doesn't even require any code changes (unless the quest markers were removed entirely).

Also thought to mention that some traps aren't meant to be triggered at the same time. This one time i had rubber collar, tentacle parasite and some 3rd one i forgot at the same time. I got the parasite off but afterwards the rubber collar never expanded or shrunk. I used "free me" for that. Later on rubber collar triggered again but it would still not expand or shrink. Something just broke...

If you get overlapped quest-like traps, just load last save. (I think the 3rd one was chain harness given by guard due indecency at street. The first 2 caused things to happen in Whiterun :D ). And no, i wasn't wearing any restraints in slots that the rubber collar can expand to for days.

2 hours ago, neosuduno said:

just wondering, but is this mod compatible with Whiterun Brothel Revamped?

Yes, in so far as Whiterun Brothel revamped works at all.

You might want to change some settings though, as getting trapped in a DCL quest collar may conflict with WBR at times.

However, WBR can make a bit of a hash of managing what items are on you. It's liable to require manual fixing at some point anyway (and manual quest advancing, and all kinds of messing about to get it to progress at certain points)...

... so dealing with issues introduced by DCL is a pretty minor problem in comparison to the grief WBR brings by itself.

You should really only try it if you're prepared to handle its issues, do a lot of quit-reload and console hacking.

DCL is actually a pretty handy tool for tweaking side issues in WBR, like whether you want keys in play, or whether you want to get raped doing external missions, etc.

I'm not sure if this is from DD or Cursed Loot, but sometimes npc asks the "Can I ask you something?" and then offers small, medium or large reward. Just tried the large reward and got only a 40 gold worth spelltome: fury. Doesn't seem so large reward to me... Second try with large reward: 1 petty soulgem. 3rd time again just a spelltome under 50g. Some rare times it gives 3 lucky charms and they're worth a few hundred. Petty soulgem is in small reward list too, but you don't lose all your keys then. If the reward was real, there would be more reason to allow npc to tie you.

3 hours ago, Zaflis said:

I'm not sure if this is from DD or Cursed Loot, but sometimes npc asks the "Can I ask you something?" and then offers small, medium or large reward. Just tried the large reward and got only a 40 gold worth spelltome: fury. Doesn't seem so large reward to me... Second try with large reward: 1 petty soulgem. 3rd time again just a spelltome under 50g. Some rare times it gives 3 lucky charms and they're worth a few hundred. Petty soulgem is in small reward list too, but you don't lose all your keys then. If the reward was real, there would be more reason to allow npc to tie you.

It's from DCL, not DD, so this is the right place to bring it up.

Lucky Charms are good rewards ... if you have their drop percentage set low or zero.

In my game, where cash is rare, and worthwhile loot is rare, a spell tome for an unknown spell is a decent reward, so things vary.

There's no real way to balance the loot rewards from this reliably against every game configuration.

But... I would imagine (I'm not sure) that the rewards are levelled. I've had DAMN boxes as "large" rewards from this, and they are supposed to be "boss chest" grade loot.

Also, you give vendor values for items, but they "buy" costs will be much higher if you're getting those low vendor values (your speech must be low).

Personally though, even if I quibble with some of the details here, I agree with the spirit of the post.

I find loot rewards for "Smoking Hot" largely unattractive. Even relatively good loot doesn't often justify the possible costs and trouble of getting out of some serious bondage, or offset the other consequences that might ensue (robbery, bounties for nakedness, possible DF escalations etc). Thus, Lucky Charms are pretty much the only item I consider a definite "win" from this.

However, if this gave something like keys, or unique DCL spells, or reliably gave special gear items (that currently only come from DAMN boxes), it'd be a lot more tempting to saying yes to NPCs. (Yes, getting keys seems silly, but they could be delivered by courier, days later).

Another possibility (as I raised months ago) is that sometimes ... just sometimes ... you might be harshly punished for refusing to play the "Smoking Hot" game, which would also provide an incentive to say yes to it.

It would be nice if you had more control over the kind of reward you get.

Similar considerations apply to bound girls. They really aren't worth messing with in terms of risk vs reward.

The only reason to talk to one is if you want to get tied up; it's like a lightweight version of the TIE ME UP!!! button.

1 hour ago, Lupine00 said:

[snip] However, if this gave something like keys [snip]

This mod does give you keys either from looting or by working for the dollmaker.
So that's pretty much covered.

Hi I'm encountering a problem I've never had before.

I started a new game and Cursed Loot is not firing any sex animation; for example when a rape event or a mysogyny event triggers the aggressor simply stands there a few seconds and then continues with his usual routine and no sex animation is played.

I tried to start another game and the problem reproduces.

Attached is my papyrus log... it seems that Cursed Loot is not finding any valid animation. Any idea as to why? Never happened before... sex animation triggered via other mods (Sexlab Romance or Sexalb Solutions for example) work fine.

It is probably something very simple and obvious but I can't figure it out! It's the first time I encounter this issue...

Thanks for any help!

Papyrus.0.log

6 hours ago, CGi said:

This mod does give you keys either from looting or by working for the dollmaker.
So that's pretty much covered.

What? So we have two ways to get keys now in DCL, so there can never be more?

I think it is fine for there to be more ways to get keys. Particularly if those ways come with potentially interesting consequences.

Are you suggesting that the Dollmaker should stop giving keys because it was already covered under key the drop mechanics?

Or that keys shouldn't be a loot drop item, and the Dollmaker should be the sole source of keys?

Multiple ways to get keys is not harmful. Trivial access to keys is harmful.

Comparing "just being given a key for nothing" which is what happens when you loot one, versus having to trade with the Dollmaker (who lives in Dawnstar ... the only more awkward place she could live is Winterhold), or having to accept substantial bondage risks from "Smoking Hot" heavy bondage option ... which is easier? Which most trivialises keys? Is it "key drops for nothing" by any chance?

That said, that one tiny possibility (of getting keys) was a single throw-away suggestion amongst several others that themselves were only provided as an example of the general type of reward, so picking on it seems kind of counter-productive.

Dollmaker is not so useful atm though. Only 1 of the quests work, the rubber commercial, and keyholder feature works. But we can sell used restraints for gold starting from early game, and that is great if using "bondage lover" option that disallow dropping or storing restraints. I don't ever trade restraints for keys with my settings, the key loss chance (and also key gain) is so high that they'd just offer momentary benefit. And she doesn't usually give the keys you need.

Anyway i was more referring to more constant rewarding in the small/medium/large dialog, like 500g minimum even if player is level 1. I have all sorts of things that use gold in my game, for example using a cart from whiterun to riften costs like 1000.

6 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

[snip]

You made it sound like DCL does not offer keys so i pointed out 2 of the 3 existing ways, the third being asking NPC's for help who then either give you a key or remove a restraint... or not.

That Kimy chose Dawnstar was a smart choice because all the other and more prefered places are usually touched by alot of other mods so choosing Dawnstar lowered the risk of conflicts with other mods.

3 hours ago, CGi said:

You made it sound like DCL does not offer keys so i pointed out 2 of the 3 existing ways, the third being asking NPC's for help who then either give you a key or remove a restraint... or not.

That Kimy chose Dawnstar was a smart choice because all the other and more prefered places are usually touched by alot of other mods so choosing Dawnstar lowered the risk of conflicts with other mods.

Does suggesting a way to get keys imply that there is currently no way to get keys? I didn't think so. I'm pretty sure everyone who has ever used DCL knows it has keys, so we can take that information more or less for granted. Certainly, Kimy is well aware there are keys!

Is Dawnstar a smart choice? Compared to a "wildnerness" location like CD used, I'm not sure it's better. Currently DCL conflicts with a number of town overhauls. CD doesn't. This is pretty much the reason I don't use any of those mods. Because they DO conflict. Also, Dawnstar is really very nasty if you use Frostfall - which is one of the most popular Skyrim mods around. A naked slave basically can't go to Dawnstar without making some kind of changes. DF has a nice warm outfit :) But it's no good if you're wearing something else that blocks it. Or you can assign a ton of warmth and protection to your bondage gear, but it seems ... odd ... to do that. Winterhold is worse of course, but it's the coldest town in the game.

Dollmaker isn't moving now, I guess. But I could imagine a "branch" ... perhaps a travelling vendor or something ... to alleviate some of the issues with access to Dawnstar ... but don't read too much into that suggestion, it's just an example ... like the throwaway comment about keys.

You could say that Whiterun has more conflicting mods than Dawnstar, because there are a lot of Whiterun overhauls, but actually Kimy added a house to Whiterun (exterior), so that can't have been a pressing reason for putting Dollmaker in Dawnstar. I think it was done because it's hard to get to (but not too hard), but didn't consider the Frostfall issue. But I suppose that people who care a lot can simply move the Dollmaker in the CK. It's surprisingly little effort, and I don't think any quests get broken by it.

On a fresh topic (or old one, depending on perspective)...

In The Cursed Collar quest, when you get near the end and have the armbinder on, opening chests now gives you the popup about finding a sharp object and says you escape from your armbinder. However, the armbinder isn't removed (which is good), but the popup is misleading and a bit ... worrying. Made me worry the quest might get broken right near the end.

I do love CC though. It is perhaps the most archetypal of DCL quests, and the ending is funny, and extremely challenging if you have a dark lighting mod.

Something that niggles me about CC, which is more noticeable now that my "full chastity blocks rapes" box is ticked, is that the order you get the items is a little easy. Or put another way ... it could extract more value from the items.

If the items were delivered in a different order, it would be possible to create a "hard mode" version of Cursed Collar, which I think some might enjoy.

Currently I'm not sure if CC is properly repeatable, but it's an SS outcome, so I really hope it is :)

Anyway, it would be nice to get the hard version on repeat or something.

Details below...

Spoiler

Currently what happens is you get chastity very early in the quest. This makes you effectively immune to rapes for the duration of the quest, so the other bondage is having less impact.

If you got boots as the first thing after the collar, it would be more hardcore. You'd have to do the entire thing slowed and vulnerable to rape for the entire time up until you get the belt (and gag).

So the order would be ... collar, boots, bra, (gloves),  arm cuffs, leg cuffs, gag, belt+accessories, harness, armbinder, (blindfold).

Currently there are no gloves, but there's no reason there couldn't be gloves. Mittens wouldn't really work though.

The bra has some tiny debuffs on it, but nothing else does, so they really aren't anything but decoration. It would be nice if the boots, cuffs, harness (and theoretical gloves) had debuffs too.

The gag is a big problem if you use a needs mod. As usual, I nearly died of dehydration. I had to untick that in iNeed, otherwise I would have. 

What it really does is highlight how the hungry+thirsty dialog simply doesn't do what it is supposed to do.

1) Followers don't even have that dialog, yet they are the people who should be most motivated to feed you.

2) Almost everyone refuses to feed you. You can build up more need trying to get fed+watered than you get back from it. In the meantime you'll be given a bunch of useless keys, skooma, attempted to be raped (rape starts then does nothing because you're immune), and possibly have random armbinders locked onto you (which you have to remove before you can progress the quest). But after all that asking, your chances of getting a reasonable amount of food and drink are low.

The buffs from the collar are so awesome that mage-build characters can reasonably choose to keep the collar and never look for any of the other items ... though in some configurations this might get punished a bit with rapes, which may or not be meaningful. Still coming out ahead with all the buffs on the collar.

Melee on the other hand are severely hampered by this quest, and their skill development impacted, not quite as much as Bound Queen, because CC is shorter, but it's still a thing.

Maybe that's good though. At least melee have a good reason to want to get the collar off.

7 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Currently I'm not sure if CC is properly repeatable, but it's an SS outcome, so I really hope it is :)

I said this in earlier post, but Cursed Collar is yes and no repeatable. For majority part it is, but you need to cheat your way through last 2 jail doors to begin the blindfolded event. Actually i think you can use command to walk through walls, was it "tcl"...

edit: And i specifically meant when doing cursed collar quest second time. First one no issues.

43 minutes ago, Zaflis said:

I said this in earlier post, but Cursed Collar is yes and no repeatable. For majority part it is, but you need to cheat your way through last 2 jail doors to begin the blindfolded event. Actually i think you can use command to walk through walls, was it "tcl"...

I had no problem completing the Cursed Collar quest. I completed it without commands,

3 hours ago, Zaflis said:

I typically use "unlock" on the jail doors that don't reset properly on your later passes through the quest.

2 hours ago, Comrade Laura 'Lokomootje' said:

I had no problem completing the Cursed Collar quest. I completed it without commands,

Sure, first time through is no problem, but if you repeat it, you can run into some locked cell doors at the end that prevent you from getting to the final stage.

6 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Does suggesting a way to get keys imply that there is currently no way to get keys? I didn't think so. I'm pretty sure everyone who has ever used DCL knows it has keys, so we can take that information more or less for granted. Certainly, Kimy is well aware there are keys!

Is Dawnstar a smart choice? Compared to a "wildnerness" location like CD used, I'm not sure it's better. Currently DCL conflicts with a number of town overhauls. CD doesn't. This is pretty much the reason I don't use any of those mods. Because they DO conflict. Also, Dawnstar is really very nasty if you use Frostfall - which is one of the most popular Skyrim mods around. A naked slave basically can't go to Dawnstar without making some kind of changes. DF has a nice warm outfit :) But it's no good if you're wearing something else that blocks it. Or you can assign a ton of warmth and protection to your bondage gear, but it seems ... odd ... to do that. Winterhold is worse of course, but it's the coldest town in the game.

Dollmaker isn't moving now, I guess. But I could imagine a "branch" ... perhaps a travelling vendor or something ... to alleviate some of the issues with access to Dawnstar ... but don't read too much into that suggestion, it's just an example ... like the throwaway comment about keys.

You could say that Whiterun has more conflicting mods than Dawnstar, because there are a lot of Whiterun overhauls, but actually Kimy added a house to Whiterun (exterior), so that can't have been a pressing reason for putting Dollmaker in Dawnstar. I think it was done because it's hard to get to (but not too hard), but didn't consider the Frostfall issue. But I suppose that people who care a lot can simply move the Dollmaker in the CK. It's surprisingly little effort, and I don't think any quests get broken by it.

CD just isn't in a wilderness all of its own.  It conflicts directly with North Keep from TES Arena and is unusable with that installed.  It's also incompatible with variants of TPOS which expands the mill.  Fortunately TES is available as a modular addon that lets you exclude it.

Bottom line is that finding anywhere in Skyrim that doesn't conflict with anything else is well nigh impossible

I do like the idea, tho, that there could be a Dollmaker's chain of shops, on the basis that you probably will at least be able to get the front door on one to open without tcl  :P

10 hours ago, donkeywho said:

And if anyone goes mad and says we don't need keydrops, I'll send round some of nice Devious Helper followers from that lovely mod made by @TurboNerd to lock you up.

I've been using that lately, and their little "games" burn through disposable keys faster than a skooma junkie goes through her stash.

The disappointing part is that there's no support in DCL, or most other mods, for generic followers to perform sex "attacks" when you're restrained etc.

You'd think SL Adventures would have this covered, but instead there's only the option for forced sex with the follower with an audience when a crowd rape occurs.

No private sexy-time possible.

However, Sasha is a different matter...

10 hours ago, donkeywho said:

CD just isn't in a wilderness all of its own.  It conflicts directly with North Keep from TES Arena and is unusable with that installed.  It's also incompatible with variants of TPOS which expands the mill.  Fortunately TES is available as a modular addon that lets you exclude it.

That's true, but it's more isolated than Dollmaker's shop, and so doesn't conflict with the majority of town overhauls, of which there are quite a few, and a few of which are extremely popular mods.

CD also would have benefited from a more "pure" wilderness location. I really can't think of many mods that mess with the empty spaces apart from Whiterun Hold Forest, which itself conflicts with More Bandit Camps - though MBC doesn't really put bandits in the middle of nowhere, but always near a road.

There's nowhere completely safe, but the existing level of conflict on Dollmaker means that - for me - she might as well have been in the middle of Whiterun, Riften, or Falkreath. Because she genuinely does have conflicts where she is, I don't use those mods, and once you stop using them, she could be in any town.

Dawnstar (probably due to its crappiness), is a frequent target of town upgrades ... there's so much scope to upgrade it. I want to try The Great City of Dawnstar, but haven't yet. Does it conflict?

Another possibility, a bit more fun this time: Dollmaker's delivery cart... Add an NPC with one of those scary "cart with a cage on it" vehicles outside Leon's house.

Talk to the NPC and you can get a free ride, and arrive right inside the Dollmaker's house, without having to walk a single step ... even when bound ... or on a bondage quest.

Of course, you might find that, when you arrive, the Dollmaker has generously arranged some cosy guest accommodation for you ... especially if you were already in no position to refuse her hospitality. The Dollmaker is such an attentive host, always giving her guests pretty presents and tasty drinks, but she has been known to expect a favor or two in return...

21 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

I like that idea. Maybe the Dollmaker could have some traveling merchants that travel along Skyrim's main roads and are allowed to act on her behalf, well, for most of her services anyway (they won't sell you Sasha or become your keyholder, I suppose). Those merchants would of course be properly attired with the Dollmaker's billboard catsuits and, for safety, accompanied by a couple of strong bodyguards. Just like the traveling merchants from the Populated Roads mod, but dressed in rubber. ?

Oh, and maybe this could even be an employment opportunity for the Dragonborn. Kind of a mix between the tie-people-up quest and the rubber commercial quest, the Dollmaker dresses you up, hands you a bit of merchandise, and a deadline until when you have to sell it. Sounds easy, but sadly the folks in Dawnstar have enough of the Dollmaker's antics and refuse to buy any of her stuff, so you have to travel somewhere else first. It's not quite as easy as it sounds though, not everybody is interested or can afford the expensive gear so you might run out of time and then there's the trouble with the guards in the other holds, whose yarls the Dollmaker hasn't bribed and so they might not like you selling those scandalous outfits. ... Well, maybe something for @Kimy's "ideas box" if it's interesting enough for it.

I'm not a fan of time-limit quests ... too hard to balance and tune ... too fragile generally ... but I really like the rest of El_Duderino's idea.

Maybe if the time-limit were replaced with another way to fail, lots of options possible: you could be robbed, you could get "customer service complaints", you could have to make up missing revenue with your own money.

What would be great is any situation where it's easy to get more and more in debt if you aren't careful and fortunate. And with too much debt ... well I guess DCL doesn't really have enslavement outcomes beyond Leon and Leah yet, but you could plug in an SS result I suppose.

I like the idea that customers demand you demonstrate the items by wearing them, if you refuse, they might complain to the Dollmaker. If you comply they might well take advantage of you, and if they do that, you might also get robbed, and left in bondage, and in trouble with the Dollmaker. But if they don't take advantage, you can earn a tip for good service by offering ... further demonstration ... and that can get a recommendation to the Dollmaker, adding towards wiping off complaints. What a dilemma! To demonstrate or not?

Also, competing Dollmaker merchants might have "territory" and if they catch you in it, they demand an apology... And who knows what that might consist of?

All just pie in the sky really. But we can dream.

7 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

I've been using that lately, and their little "games" burn through disposable keys faster than a skooma junkie goes through her stash.

The disappointing part is that there's no support in DCL, or most other mods, for generic followers to perform sex "attacks" when you're restrained etc.

You sure about that?

May be confusing this with another mod but thought that MCM options existed so that you could disable EITHER OR BOTH other NPCs AND followers commenting on worn devices AND also EITHER OR BOTH taking 'appropriate action' if any visibly worn