11 hours ago, Elsidia said:

I just check Chloe quest shackles. Those blocks magic, healing, fight, kick with leg. You are totally helpless that means not night vision too.

I have since finished the quest, and still have both sets of items including the shackles from the Chloe quest, and I can say without a doubt for me in my game with no DCL quests active at all, equipping the shackles from the Chloe quest DOES NOT disable my vampire night vision. I went as far as to spawn in every single set of shackles from the DCL mod and equipped them on my character while outside at night and NONE of them disable vampire night vision in my game, none. Vampire night vision works perfectly fine with or without shackles equipped, and I can say for certain that even the blindfolds and gags included in DCL (and those in DD) do not block vampire night vision as I spawned them all in and tested each one, which took several hours. I tested this on 3 different characters just to be certain, 2 vampires of different races, and one khajiit, and in all 3 cases the items alone did not block any form of night vision from being toggled on and off. In all 3 cases as soon as each character reached the stage in the quest where Nazeem triggers the trap and locks the devices on Chloe and the player character, then at that point night vision stops working and it can't be toggled on or off, even if it's on you can't turn it off making the screen way way way too bright during the day for the rest of that quest chain (I had to turn down the brightness level of my monitor to 15 when it is normally at 50 just to finish the quest chain because I could not turn off night vision during the daytime). The items by themselves for me at least do not block any form of night vision and the only time it is blocked is only during the stages in the quest where you have those items equipped prior to the dollmaker removing them. Again once the quest was complete in all 3 cases I tested, night vision worked just fine even when equipping all of the items from the quest including the shackles after the quest was done and no longer active in the journal nor the DCL MCM. So it has to be tied to both the quest and the items otherwise if it was just the items themselves then in each test case night vision would not have worked at all with them equipped without having the quest active.

If this is in fact intended by the author to have night vision disabled during the quest, honestly it's not good and poor design, because if you happen to have night vision turned on, and all of a sudden can't turn it off again because of a quest and being locked in shackles, and then step outside during the daytime, you better put some sunglasses on your real life person because the screen will blind the ever loving hell out of you making the game unplayable during the games daytime hours without turning the brightness level of your screen way way down, whether it's just vanilla weather/lighting, or modded/ENB, night vision during the daytime is bright as hell and will blind you. It's even worse if you happen to be sensitive to bright lights as I am.

Lastly it is not just those Chloe shackles as you claim it to be that blocks night vision from working, during the quest Learning the Ropes, in the final stage when the orc ties your character up and sends you back to Dawnstar to the dollmaker, and ONLY during that stage, night vision is again disabled, and again if it happens to be night time, and you have night vision turned on to be able to see in the dark as hell interior of the Markarth inn, the pop into the pure white snow covered Dawnstar and it happen to phase into being daytime, close your eyes cause that bright white light caused by not being able to turn off night vision will blind the hell outta you when the screen loads. And again, since you get to keep the ropes your character is tied up with, I tested equipping them after the quest completed and low and behold, night vision worked perfectly, so it is definitely tied to the specific quest stage being active that disables turning night vision on and off. Which for the sake of peoples eyes and not having to turn down the brightness of your monitor instead of just turning off night vision during the day like normal, I am hoping this is a bug, if this is intended, it's a really bad design choice, because in both lore, and in game information will tell you that night vision is not magic, it's not special powers, it is a natural ability that both vampires and khajiit posses and the only reason it has a toggle is due to in game mechanics so it does not blind the hell outta people when they step outside of a dark dungeon into the daylight. There is absolutely no lore friendly reason or game mechanics reason to block the ability to turn night vision on or off, and if like me you happen to get stuck with it on during the night and can't turn it off and you phase into daytime your gonna have to turn down monitor brightness which completely kills any immersion that you had from any quest. So I really really hope that this was just an oversight that got overlooked in the massive amount of code that this is and not an intended feature because I really love what this mod adds to the game and it is very immersive in it's execution......right up to the point you get blinded by a bright white light filled screen because you can't turn off night vision. I don't know how your mod setup is, but mine is focused on making the game appear as close to photorealistic as possible, which means if I am in any of the purely snow covered areas of the map during broad daylight with clear skies, it's pretty bright already (snow blind is a real thing), now imagine that with the boost in brightness added by turning on night vision, what you get is almost as bright as turning your monitor's brightness setting all the way up on a white background, it's blinding to say the very least. Yours may not be as bright as mine, everyone's monitor is different, but for me if I can't turn off night vision, I have to turn down the brightness of my monitor, and that completely destroys any amount of immersion I may have had during that gaming session because that affects every single aspect of the graphical appearance of the game.

Oh and btw, to the specific comment about blocking kicking with your legs while wearing the "Chloe shackles", this isn't true either in my game, because even while on the quest and both Chloe and my character was locked in all those devices and shackles, both Chloe and my character was still able to kick with their legs in a fight. Magic, swinging fists, using weapons, all that was blocked, but kicking still worked just fine and ironically it is the very fist time I have ever seen any of my characters or a npc kick with their legs in a fight. I do not use any combat altering mods and I honestly did not know kicking was in the vanilla game, unless the kicking is a part of DCL that is. I have never seen kicking happen in game until now.

I mean really, honestly, blindfolds do not block night vision, which from both a lore perspective and pure logic, that would be the only device in the game that should logically do so, because it literally covers your eyes, so how in the hell can shackles that do not cover your eyes, or a quest or both block night vision? There is absolutely no way in hell for a set of shackles that does not cover the eyes to block any kind of vision, much less night vision. Every single thing else that DCL adds to the game makes perfect sense and fits both the lore and the medieval setting, from the bondage devices themselves, to the quests, it all makes sense, except for a set of shackles and a quest stopping you from being able to see in the dark when you eyes are not covered in anyway shape or form. This has to be a bug, because if it's not then it does not make any sense at all. I love the mod and I think it's great, the characters and dialog are awesome and add alot of spice to the game, just need to fix the night vision issue and it will be perfect. If the author really wants to block night vision and blind people, then change it so that it's not a quest or shackles that does it, but instead make it a blindfold that blocks it because that would make sense. I'd even go as far as to use the "leech" effect from DD to cause the screen to have a smoky black haze over it in both 1st and 3rd person, to "add" to the immersion of wearing a blindfold and to reduce the massively bright effect of getting stuck with night vision turned on during the daytime, or if she's really adventurous she could attempt to create a script that when the "special" blindfold was equipped, either voluntarily or forcefully equipped by a quest, it would make a check to see if the night vision effect was active or not and if true to automatically "turn off" the night vision effect, which would both add to the immersion and solve the "way to damn bright" screen issue caused by night vision being active during daylight hours. So whether or not it's a bug or intended that is my suggestion on how to fix it so it doesn't blind the hell outta people accidentally and also make it more lore friendly and immersive. She could even go as far as to "require" having Chloe as an active follower during any of the quests where the character had a blindfold equipped in order to be "lead around or guided similar to a seeing eye dog" (because you can't see while wearing a blindfold and because of gameplay you can't actually blackout the screen either), so that would make the most sense from a lore friendly and logical perspective by having Chloe be your "seeing eye dog" while blindfolded. I know the post is long but I wanted to be as through as possible so there is no misunderstanding for anyone reading and if you actually read the whole thing and made it to the end, I appreciate it, thank you.

Edited by Martok73
typos and punctuation
12 hours ago, Elsidia said:

What is latex gloves? I found only one latex gloves and those removes with simple unequip - not lockable.

thanks for the reply...no safeword doesn't work with whore collar & another couple devices ..anal plugs & such ! 

even tried a new game ..and nothing gets removed with the safeword !?...that's weird i never faced issues from this mod before 

Edited by aspirine2
2 hours ago, aspirine2 said:

and nothing gets removed with the safeword !?.

Then you have a problem. I remove a whore collar by stopping all quests. If just remove devices, collar is left as it marked as quest item. For that i you need choose in appearing menu remove no generetics devices. I hope you have DCL 9.0. Also most of devices is removed by safeword. And also for DCL 9.0 you need DD 5.0.

At this version not removing plugs and straitjackets. Plugs not removing because those are non lockable - later you can take off just simply unlock without keys. As for straitjackets this is bug and reported.

Check you game installation if free me option not work.

3 hours ago, Martok73 said:

I mean really, honestly, blindfolds do not block night vision,

I don't know what to say. Night vision is blocked not by blindfold. It's blocked because DD blocks magic and spells activation. Technically Night vision in Skyrim is spell. Blindfolds not block it. i put night vision on my character by console. And i can activate it. It have time to worn off.  And when i put on shackles on activation button stops work but after time night vision stops work by itself. There is timer in my case. Night vision specially not block by any DCL quests. In both case what you described it happens when you got totally helpless restraints. Premium shackles block all and those is equiped on stage what you describe. And at end of ropes quest you are totally tied up what too block all chances to fight and use magic.

I can only say that is got by blocking magics and work as expected. Why in your test it's not work as expected i can't say.

3 hours ago, Elsidia said:

Then you have a problem. I remove a whore collar by stopping all quests. If just remove devices, collar is left as it marked as quest item. For that i you need choose in appearing menu remove no generetics devices. I hope you have DCL 9.0. Also most of devices is removed by safeword. And also for DCL 9.0 you need DD 5.0.

At this version not removing plugs and straitjackets. Plugs not removing because those are non lockable - later you can take off just simply unlock without keys. As for straitjackets this is bug and reported.

Check you game installation if free me option not work.

i thought those are the only needs 

Devious Devices Assets

Devious Devices Integration

Devious Devices Expansion

i 'm surprised there is 

i 'm kinda lost here with the installation !? should i remove those and install this or install this with them ..i 'm still trying to understand !?

8 hours ago, Martok73 said:

I can say without a doubt for me in my game with no DCL quests active at all, equipping the shackles from the Chloe quest DOES NOT disable my vampire night vision. I went as far as to spawn in every single set of shackles from the DCL mod and equipped them on my character while outside at night and NONE of them disable vampire night vision in my game, none. Vampire night vision works perfectly fine with or without shackles equipped, and I can say for certain that even the blindfolds and gags included in DCL (and those in DD) do not block vampire night vision as I spawned them all in and tested each one, which took several hours. .. ... ... ...

Your post is really unnecessarily long, maybe others don't mind but at least i'm not able to read it whole.

How did you test it? What i guess is that equipping an item that blocks magic effects does not remove any active effects that you already have on you. So you need to equip item first and then cast vampire night vision.

3 minutes ago, aspirine2 said:

i thought those are the only needs 

Devious Devices Assets

Devious Devices Integration

Devious Devices Expansion

i 'm surprised there is 

i 'm kinda lost here with the installation !? should i remove those and install this or install this with them ..i 'm still trying to understand !?

Yes remove the old ones, only install DD 5 (it is "all in one" including all needed parts).

Edited by Zaflis
On 7/9/2021 at 7:13 AM, Elsidia said:

No, i test it. Put on me vampire sight, then test a night vision. It works. Then i put on me shackles from Chloe quest and no more work. Later when i have time i will test fight and magics.

But at this moment i can say that most of wrist shackles block magic.

@Martok73 @Elsidia

Wrist shackles alone change normal combat into bound combat, wrist shackles + leg shackles disable combat completely. Due to implementation reasons, combat is disabled as a whole while both hands and feet are bound, which unfortunately includes shouts and powers (even without wearing a gag). This is not a bug, but a technical limitation.

On 7/9/2021 at 5:32 AM, aspirine2 said:

the safeword debug cheat isn't working as before ..there is items that is impossible to remove such as whore collar & latex gloves ...!??

I occasionally forget to add items to that feature when adding them to the mod. I will have a look at these. Remember which exact pair of latex gloves didn't come off?

On 7/10/2021 at 8:28 AM, Zaflis said:

Your post is really unnecessarily long, maybe others don't mind but at least i'm not able to read it whole.

How did you test it? What i guess is that equipping an item that blocks magic effects does not remove any active effects that you already have on you. So you need to equip item first and then cast vampire night vision.

Sorry it's so long as I wanted to be as thorough as possible. I did each test with having night vision turned off, and for me those results that I posted are what occurred.  With just the items by themselves including items from DD, night vision worked just fine and was not blocked. The only time night vision was blocked for me was with the DCL quest active AND the devices were equipped both at the same time.

On 7/10/2021 at 3:36 AM, Elsidia said:

I don't know what to say. Night vision is blocked not by blindfold. It's blocked because DD blocks magic and spells activation. Technically Night vision in Skyrim is spell. Blindfolds not block it. i put night vision on my character by console. And i can activate it. It have time to worn off.  And when i put on shackles on activation button stops work but after time night vision stops work by itself. There is timer in my case. Night vision specially not block by any DCL quests. In both case what you described it happens when you got totally helpless restraints. Premium shackles block all and those is equiped on stage what you describe. And at end of ropes quest you are totally tied up what too block all chances to fight and use magic.

I can only say that is got by blocking magics and work as expected. Why in your test it's not work as expected i can't say.

The Vampire and Khajiit Night Vision ability is a hidden effect and does not show up when activate and looking at the current list of active magic effects on your character. It does not have a timer either. What you activated via console command was the Improved Night Vision spell which is visible when looking at the current active magic effects tab in the magic window. That is a spell book that you can buy from certain mage npcs in the game and it is not the same thing as the natural hidden abilities.

Like I said I spent several hours spawning in every single item from both DD and DCL and equipping them onto my characters, and none of them not a single one blocked my ability to activate or deactivate vampire night vision or Khajiit night vision.

11 hours ago, neghthraw said:

@Martok73 @Elsidia

Wrist shackles alone change normal combat into bound combat, wrist shackles + leg shackles disable combat completely. Due to implementation reasons, combat is disabled as a whole while both hands and feet are bound, which unfortunately includes shouts and powers (even without wearing a gag). This is not a bug, but a technical limitation.

@neghthraw If that's the case then can it be implemented to must include blindfolds and gags along with wrist and leg shackles so that it actually makes sense that you can't activate shouts or powers? Is there anyway possible to make it so these things are more lore friendly and make sense? Seeing as how racial night vision (Vampire & Khajiit) is a power and not a spell and is a hidden affect and does not show up in the "currently active effects" tab of the magic window? Also if that is the case that all powers are disabled as a result then why does my powers that call/open menus work just fine? ie AFT's Tweak Follower, Alternate Race Menu, AFT Command Followers, and several others that are listed in the powers tab and use the same keybind to activate just like shouts (Z on PC)? It seems from my own testing that only the Vampire abilities and the Khajiit night vision are affected by this "limitation" so I am very confused as to why this is. Call Spriggan from SD+ still works as does the Highborn racial from being an Altmer and those are also in the powers tab activated just like the others. So I am really confused here as to why the only thing being blocked for me is my vampire abilities and not the other "powers" and they are only being blocked while 2 specific DCL quests are active and no other time for me? I'm just really confused, cause I did make a new vampire character and spawned in every item in DD and DCL and equipped them and could still use vampire abilities including night vision, so yeah, from what you are saying that should not be possible, but for me, it is so I'm not sure why this is and really confused here. Oh, and why can a vampire character still "feed" on npcs while wearing a gag? Is it a technical thing with the engine too? I can even change into Vampire Lord form while wearing full shackles and a blindfold and a gag, as long as none of the DCL quests are active, so why is that? What you said makes sense it being a limitation of the creation engine, but at that I should not be able to change into VL form at all, but I can, so yeah, I am very very very confused as to what exactly is going on and what to do to fix it so that it works the way it is supposed to work and make sense in a lore friendly way in the process.

5 hours ago, Martok73 said:

The Vampire and Khajiit Night Vision ability is a hidden effect and does not show up when activate and looking at the current list of active magic effects on your character. It does not have a timer either.

Spoiler

ScreenShot63.jpg.c599bbe68b8b7e3d537e4178480689b7.jpg

And this is how it looks:

Spoiler

ScreenShot64.jpg.372d453bf2ceaafba7fd853a1924c9df.jpg

Hidden or not hidden but i's must be in power section to activate it. How it looks for you? Screenshot  in studio!

Also: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Night_Eye_(power)

About hell unlimited night vision you speak?!?

Edited by Elsidia

3 hours ago, Elsidia said:

About hell unlimited night vision you speak?!?

There are mods to make it toggleable or automatic. Predator Vision, Adaptive Vision, Eye Can See are some of them on SE. Predator Vision is good and about the only one that works well with ENBs without a lot of extra fiddling, and is available on LE. That's why I asked what night eye mods a while back before dropping this discussion.

Edited by zarantha
11 hours ago, Martok73 said:

@neghthraw If that's the case then can it be implemented to must include blindfolds and gags along with wrist and leg shackles so that it actually makes sense that you can't activate shouts or powers? Is there anyway possible to make it so these things are more lore friendly and make sense? Seeing as how racial night vision (Vampire & Khajiit) is a power and not a spell and is a hidden affect and does not show up in the "currently active effects" tab of the magic window? Also if that is the case that all powers are disabled as a result then why does my powers that call/open menus work just fine? ie AFT's Tweak Follower, Alternate Race Menu, AFT Command Followers, and several others that are listed in the powers tab and use the same keybind to activate just like shouts (Z on PC)? It seems from my own testing that only the Vampire abilities and the Khajiit night vision are affected by this "limitation" so I am very confused as to why this is. Call Spriggan from SD+ still works as does the Highborn racial from being an Altmer and those are also in the powers tab activated just like the others. So I am really confused here as to why the only thing being blocked for me is my vampire abilities and not the other "powers" and they are only being blocked while 2 specific DCL quests are active and no other time for me? I'm just really confused, cause I did make a new vampire character and spawned in every item in DD and DCL and equipped them and could still use vampire abilities including night vision, so yeah, from what you are saying that should not be possible, but for me, it is so I'm not sure why this is and really confused here. Oh, and why can a vampire character still "feed" on npcs while wearing a gag? Is it a technical thing with the engine too? I can even change into Vampire Lord form while wearing full shackles and a blindfold and a gag, as long as none of the DCL quests are active, so why is that? What you said makes sense it being a limitation of the creation engine, but at that I should not be able to change into VL form at all, but I can, so yeah, I am very very very confused as to what exactly is going on and what to do to fix it so that it works the way it is supposed to work and make sense in a lore friendly way in the process.

Perhaps they are counted as powers, but are coded differently? On my character, I cannot activate any power with hands and feet bound. For example, the Immersive Citizens menu (a power under the power section in the menu) is not usable while bound.

Spoiler

If you want to use powers while bound, you could try BWitch - it allows you to cast spells or shouts via a hotkey, bypassing DD's bound combat. It is quite old, and I don't know if it works with DD5.

Link in spoiler.

Edited by neghthraw
On 4/25/2021 at 2:59 AM, yOPynsP said:

The dominant followers, Leon and Leah, aren't really doing anything except agreeing to follow. There doesn't seem to be any options to make them dominant. Any suggestions?

Same here. Leon doesn't have his usual dialogue "Why are you looking at me like that?".

On 7/12/2021 at 8:15 AM, zarantha said:

There are mods to make it toggleable or automatic. Predator Vision, Adaptive Vision, Eye Can See are some of them on SE. Predator Vision is good and about the only one that works well with ENBs without a lot of extra fiddling, and is available on LE. That's why I asked what night eye mods a while back before dropping this discussion.

I don't have anything that messes with night vision, I've always been able to toggle it on and off with vampire characters and khajiit characters and it's never ever had a timer. The only night vision I have ever found in any of my 3k+ hrs of playing that has a timer has been the Improved Night Vision spell. I do run ENB but an ENB does not have the capability of changing how a power works nor removing a timer, it only modifies lighting.

On 7/12/2021 at 10:30 AM, neghthraw said:
  Reveal hidden contents

If you want to use powers while bound, you could try BWitch - it allows you to cast spells or shouts via a hotkey, bypassing DD's bound combat. It is quite old, and I don't know if it works with DD5.

Link in spoiler.

Followed the link and read thru all 7 pages of the comments, and did a search and did not find a version for SE, so I don't know if the LE version will work or not since I play on SE.

On 7/4/2021 at 2:41 PM, Elsidia said:

This is start of next quest - Supply and demand. Must be show up as new quest in Skyrim, if not something goes wrong, load a save before end ropes and try again. Also you need found Vekkel in Riften in this quest to continue this quest.

Ah yes, I have that quest. Thanks. Probably got it, left the game for a few weeks and then forgot where I got it from.