On 2/8/2021 at 6:47 AM, Zaflis said:

Select CBBE or UUNP HDT body, then select preset you like. Try different ones while preview is open. Or pick most fitting one, then change sliders and save the preset with new name.

Then select "Build morphs" and click "Batch build". From the selections again choose most fitting (usually HDT ones) like the same body as you selected just before, and continue OK, etc... If you don't see devious devices in that list then you started the Bodyslide wrong way, usually launch it from your modpack launcher as you do with FNIS too.

THIS was the problem. I used an old version of FNIS that was still in the data folder. With the one installed in modorganizer folder it's working now. TY

On 2/12/2021 at 5:38 AM, iamwookie said:

Check if you got an active Cursed Loot quest running.

Debug menu will show you if you have one active then you just got to identify which one is active.

I recently had an issue where the traps stopped and then realized the Damsel in Distress quest didn't track properly when I unequipped some of the items so I had to use the quest variables to determine which ones spawn them in and reequip them and go through the unlocking again.

i noticed once i released Chloe in Helgen Keep that i stopped getting devious devices in loot until i finished her quest. it may be a setting that Kimy has done so we don't accidentally get other devices locked on as they can interfere with the devices that get equipped in the quests. makes sense to me.

On 2/8/2021 at 6:38 PM, abcdefghilmn said:

I don't think the problem is in DD5.1, but rather in DCL9.0 beta. The first time the problem popped up (when Kimi posted her workaround to make things work) was before DD5.1 was out. I don't remember any mention in changelogs about this problem, so I assume it was never fixed (but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong!)

See here for her comment (22/11/2020) and posts before from other users reporting the issue

Edit: I re-read your post, if you are sure it was working with 5.0 then discard everything I said. I am 100% that DD5.0+DCL9.0Beta2 had the mcm issue, as it happened to me, but I have installed never installed DCL9.0Beta3 with DD5.0. I can confirm the issue happens on DD5.1+DCL9.0Beta3, but you already know that :)

Edit 2: went back to double-check changelogs, and I see nothing about the mcm issue

all good, after 5.0 came out a patch came out pretty quickly to fix a sexlab animation issue (ie npc standing still on top of character) but as soon as I loaded the patch i found the problem with MCM not loading. default 5.0 didnt have the problem with MCM, so thats why i figure whatever was in the patch to fix the sexlab animation issue may also have had an affect on DCL9 beta. its just a hunch but definitely worth investigating. i know absolutely nothing about scripting though, but i like to do fault finding within my skill limits.

sometimes its the mugs like me that can spot something due to trial and error, but it takes an expert to drill down into the scripts to find the issue. I think its worth looking at what scripts changed from DD5.0 to the attached DD5.1 beta 1. thats when i started having a problem with DCL9 beta mcm not loading.

Devious Devices LE 5.1 Beta 1.7z

24 minutes ago, Maddac said:

having a problem with DCL9 beta mcm not loading

This problem was with DD 5.0 and DCL 9.0 beta 1. You was just lucky not to get it.

Kimy recommend:

1) Start a new game

2) Wait a minute.

3) Exit to main menu and start a new game

4) Check DCL MCM menu it must appear.

Waiting time depends on your mod list. As more mods as longer need wait while all mods try to initialize MCM.

I've finished up a bunch more of the quests. (9.0B3)

Haven't had any issues with Chloe's (beyond it clashing with Live Another Life's alternate starts),

Everything else, from Learning the Ropes, to Courier in chains, all worked swimmingly.

It's not until Bound Queen that I noticed a few issues.

You can complete the quest fine, but once you've unlocked the chastity items, and try to store them somewhere for safekeeping, they just vanish into the ether,

The belt also prints a message about "remaining firmly in place", as it disappears in a puff of logic.

Julius also won't die; I'm not sure what's keeping him alive, as it looks like the essential flag got removed.

Right now I'm early into the Cursed Collar quest, and I'm having the same issue I had with Leon's quest.

There's a stage where the old pervert wants you to wear 2 plugs, a piercing, and a belt.

The belt has a safety check for those 3 items, and it's not detecting 1 (or more?) of them.

I suspect it's likely the genital piercing, as it both lacks an equip prompt, and doesn't display on the player model,

I cheated in some others from DDx and Cursed loot, but only the cursed loot one prompted (but only the first time), but none of them showed up on the character, nor allowed me to proceed with the quest.

Might I suggest that the last objective of the Bound Queen quest be moved into the Cursed Collar one?

i.e., have reporting back to Natalie both complete the bound queen, and start the Cursed Collar quest with an initial objective of "Inspect the old slave collar" to start the quest proper.

vs

Inspecting the collar finished the Bound Queen, and starts the Cursed Collar with you having it equipped.

2 hours ago, Hirato said:

I've finished up a bunch more of the quests. (9.0B3)

Haven't had any issues with Chloe's (beyond it clashing with Live Another Life's alternate starts),

Everything else, from Learning the Ropes, to Courier in chains, all worked swimmingly.

It's not until Bound Queen that I noticed a few issues.

You can complete the quest fine, but once you've unlocked the chastity items, and try to store them somewhere for safekeeping, they just vanish into the ether,

The belt also prints a message about "remaining firmly in place", as it disappears in a puff of logic.

Julius also won't die; I'm not sure what's keeping him alive, as it looks like the essential flag got removed.

Right now I'm early into the Cursed Collar quest, and I'm having the same issue I had with Leon's quest.

There's a stage where the old pervert wants you to wear 2 plugs, a piercing, and a belt.

The belt has a safety check for those 3 items, and it's not detecting 1 (or more?) of them.

I suspect it's likely the genital piercing, as it both lacks an equip prompt, and doesn't display on the player model,

I cheated in some others from DDx and Cursed loot, but only the cursed loot one prompted (but only the first time), but none of them showed up on the character, nor allowed me to proceed with the quest.

Might I suggest that the last objective of the Bound Queen quest be moved into the Cursed Collar one?

i.e., have reporting back to Natalie both complete the bound queen, and start the Cursed Collar quest with an initial objective of "Inspect the old slave collar" to start the quest proper.

vs

Inspecting the collar finished the Bound Queen, and starts the Cursed Collar with you having it equipped.

With the Cursed Collar quest, I also had an issue with the quest not registering changes properly at certain stages, possibly the same one you had the issue with.   I got into the habit of doing a save just before each chest, and if equipping the items didn't let me proceed, restore the save and try again - it almost always worked on the retry, but it's something Kimy ought to look into.

I think the reasoning behind the last objective of Bound Queen is to force you to start Cursed Collar by equipping the collar.   I'll note that after Cursed Collar, the collar is back on the counter and still equippable... haven't tried it but I suspect that means you could restart it just by equipping the collar again.  (And I believe it's still an event outcome after that...)   Moving that last objective into Cursed Collar would make restarting it require some other approach, or mean that when you equipped the collar, you'd have to skip over that first objective.

On an unrelated topic, I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but I'm noticing that standard events, Darepacks, basically anything likely to add a random reward item like one of the college gloves, or more basic devices like arm/leg cuffs or ankle chains, to inventory, seems to be fairly frequently adding 2-3 copies of that same item.   

1 hour ago, knots1353 said:

Moving that last objective into Cursed Collar would make restarting it require some other approach, or mean that when you equipped the collar, you'd have to skip over that first objective.

There's plenty of quests in vanilla Skyrim that work like this already.

Just consider all the random quests that start from you overhearing rumours in taverns; they open up with a 'go to X' or 'seek Y' objective to start the quest proper.

From an implementation perspective, you'd just add an extra quest stage (let's say 5) with those details, and every other method of obtaining the collar will continue to start the quest at stage 10 as they always have.

With that said, I did notice something odd.

I saw that the chance for the Cursed Collar event is reduced to 0 if you've done it, but the check uses a quest stage for Bound in Skyrim to do it.

Basically if you're really unlucky, you can end up doing it 4 times, the numbers being the relevant quest stage of Bound in Syrim on completion.

new game (10 if LAL, 0 otherwise) -> collar (80) -> help chloe (20->50?) -> collar (80) -> whip and chain (60) -> collar (80) -> bound queen (70) -> collar (80).

As for the cursed belt not working, I just did two quick tests...

1. start a new game, cheat the items in: it detected all the parts just fine, and equipped

2. do the same on my current game; doesn't work still

The cause is probably one of:

1. General Skyrim weirdness with game state after prolonged play

2. Me replacing DCL 9.0B2 with 9.0B3 in place

3. Me adding new mods mid playthrough, several times; orders were usually changed in the process.

4. some mod incompatibility that only manifests given time.

6 hours ago, Hirato said:

Only issues that remind this after DD5 have been reported happening with DD addon mods like either DD-for-him or Beast refits. I don't remember anymore which one was problematic. Do you have those installed?

I saw a post from about 2 years ago but no reply to a fix. I'm getting the Nazeem crash glitch when I enter the Hall of the Dead for the first time to confront him. The dialogue goes through, the flashbomb effect goes off and then all the items start getting stripped/applied, but crashes after the pink catsuit. Did anyone else troubleshoot this problem?

16 minutes ago, solemn832 said:

I saw a post from about 2 years ago but no reply to a fix. I'm getting the Nazeem crash glitch when I enter the Hall of the Dead for the first time to confront him. The dialogue goes through, the flashbomb effect goes off and then all the items start getting stripped/applied, but crashes after the pink catsuit. Did anyone else troubleshoot this problem?

In SE, it was an issue with the DD prisoner chains physics as the chains were added. I'd expect a similar problem in LE with HDT PE.

16 minutes ago, solemn832 said:

Just for reference to any that see this later, I tried re-batching all the outfits with Body Slide, and I've tried running Cursed Loot with debug on. The only difference was that it took a little longer to crash and it was consistently after the catsuit, before any other restraints could be added.

1 minute ago, solemn832 said:

Just for reference to any that see this later, I tried re-batching all the outfits with Body Slide, and I've tried running Cursed Loot with debug on. The only difference was that it took a little longer to crash and it was consistently after the catsuit, before any other restraints could be added.

2 minutes ago, zarantha said:

In SE, it was an issue with the DD prisoner chains physics as the chains were added. I'd expect a similar problem in LE with HDT PE.

Thanks for the update, I'll play around with it more so there's something concise to post.

28 minutes ago, solemn832 said:

11 minutes ago, zarantha said:

10 minutes ago, solemn832 said:

9 minutes ago, solemn832 said:

Thanks for the update, I'll play around with it more so there's something concise to post.

So, good news. It was a super simple and obvious fix. Like zarantha said, it was due to Devious Devices chain physics. When they're applied, they shake about. So if you don't have a mod like HDT Physics Extensions downloaded the game realizes something should be there, doesn't know what, and closes. The reason I didn't have HDT was because I had tried doing a fresh install and no mods, and as I was building up all the mods I must've missed that one.

If anyone else happens to run into problems with the Nazeem crash bug I hope this helps. Once again, just double check to make sure you've got the proper dependencies and requisite files. Thanks again @zarantha!

6 hours ago, Zaflis said:

Only issues that remind this after DD5 have been reported happening with DD addon mods like either DD-for-him or Beast refits. I don't remember anymore which one was problematic. Do you have those installed?

I do have them, but that's only because they both became part of the base package with 5.0; Only DD for Him still has an esp though.

I started this game with DD 5.1.

13 hours ago, Hirato said:

With that said, I did notice something odd.

I saw that the chance for the Cursed Collar event is reduced to 0 if you've done it, but the check uses a quest stage for Bound in Skyrim to do it.

Basically if you're really unlucky, you can end up doing it 4 times, the numbers being the relevant quest stage of Bound in Syrim on completion.

new game (10 if LAL, 0 otherwise) -> collar (80) -> help chloe (20->50?) -> collar (80) -> whip and chain (60) -> collar (80) -> bound queen (70) -> collar (80).

I think I remember seeing a spot in the code where it prevents the cursed collar quest from triggering at all until it's been completed through Bound in Skyrim first.    Can't recall where I saw it, though.

On 2/10/2021 at 10:44 AM, setokiaba said:

It’s funny, I have been using this mod for almost 2 years now and I never knew about the Chloe quest in till the version 9 beta.  I always play LaL and I had no idea!

I'm fairly sure that prior to v9, you had to do the LaL captured princess start and then search the Knapsack near where the body was at the end of that quest to start Chloe.   I know because I only did the captured princess start once in v8 because I truly hate speed debuffs for any reason and the entire captured princess start is a long speed debuff torture session, but I really liked Chloe as a follower in that start and was disappointed that there was no way to start it with any of the other LaL starts.  (I must have looked a good half dozen times for that knapsack...)

So with v9, I'm really pleased that the Chloe quest can now be easily started on any startup.   I still have to deal with speed debuffs, but not nearly as torturous as the captured princess one (and with the reordering of two quests in b3, at least there's a break in the speed debuff torture compared to b2 --  thank you Kimy for that, too, even though I'd still much prefer a way to switch off speed debuffs completely.   Fortunately, if I get too frustrated, there's always the console speedmult commands...)

1 hour ago, knots1353 said:

I still have to deal with speed debuffs, but not nearly as torturous as the captured princess one 

There is MCM option in SL Survival that sets a global minimum speed and carryweight limiters. You can for example say that speed must never drop below 80 and max-carryweight not go below 100.

12 hours ago, Zaflis said:

There is MCM option in SL Survival that sets a global minimum speed and carryweight limiters. You can for example say that speed must never drop below 80 and max-carryweight not go below 100.

I like elements of SL Survival a lot, but I've found that DCL and SLS tend to step on each other's toes a lot, so I rarely install them at the same time. 

I think I've seen a variation of this bug posted elsewhere, but I was in the whip and chain inn and asked Julian to bind and have sex with my PC... but in this instance he added a breast yoke, no sex scene played, and the items remains on.   When I went to Laura to have the items removed, she said she would do it for zero, but actually charged me all my remaining septims (101) and then removed everything visually... but the breast yoke and collar were still showing as equipped in inventory, and even though the yoke wasn't visible, my PC had her arms raised as if wearing one.

Also, just finished the Bound Queen quest and noticed two things - when the fifth item was found, they all equipped properly, but I was given three popup dialogs saying that it was happening, each with the same text.   Also, when I removed the items and added them to my storage chest in Breezehome, they disappeared.

Going back to an earlier discussion that was talking about the Bound Queen => Cursed collar transition, since I just did this again, I agree it's a bit weird that way, but still think it doesn't belong at the start of Cursed Collar as well.   Perhaps the bound queen could end as it did before with you finding the key or unlocking the devices, and the transition stage where you talk to Melanie can instead be shifted over into the Bound in Skyrim quest?  And since Bound In Skyrim doesn't end after Cursed Collar - it just doesn't go anywhere else, can we expect more to be added to it?

Not sure what it is I am missing, but I have currently run into a problem with the DCL 9 beta. It was working with no problems( aside from some other conflicts not from DCL) so i remade the save but now the issue was that during the setting setup the MCM page froze, now the mcm for it no longer appears. Reinstalling the mod and using SKI_configmanagerinstance command both do not work to bring it back. 

I started a new game with beta 3, and I didn't get a MCM either - had no issue with beta 2, which is odd

I'm not sure what did the trick, but there's 3 posibilities;

1. I moved Cursed Loot later into the load order; was about 30 spots lower than it was before, after LOOT did its thing.

2. MCM Kicker (which is basically just the SKI_configmanagerintance)

3. Start a new game; wait ~30 seconds; exit to main menu; start a 2nd new game and do your thing.

One of these netted me the MCM.

the 3rd option is a workaround suggested by Kimy earlier in the thread, so it's the most likely to have done the trick.

This game seems to work in mystical ways. 

Got to learning the rope quest. Everything fine, escaped first two bindings, went to Dibella's temple, got potion, escaped third bindings. So, exam time. Tied all three wives, want to save: CTD. Ok, start game again, load save, tied wives, decided to initiate House of horrors. Before going into abandoned house wanted to reequip weapons: CTD. Ok, start game, reload, decided to finish that part of learning the rope first so wives are removed. Guess what? Silver Blood Inn bugged out and refused to load. xD

So after few attempts, one of which involved doing house of horrors first (suprisingly, I could enter and leave abandoned house no problem) I google up and used teleport console command hoping it will teleport me inside the inn and not in front of door (it did). Inn loaded, quest finished, wives removed, Markarth stable again. 

But why entering through door bugged Inn, but teleporting through command worked - no idea. Is game somehow differently handling location load then or what?