World Cup Soccer(Football if you wish)-2014

So far one of most entertaining World Cups i've ever seen.

in football anything can happen, it is very difficult to make predictions, what happened to Paul..? :o

World predicts Brasil win so no need for paul :P

So far one of most entertaining World Cups i've ever seen.

in football anything can happen, it is very difficult to make predictions, what happened to Paul..? :o

World predicts Brasil win so no need for paul :P

I would not rule France.. :P

France has been favored by Blatter, changing the rules of the draws:

Group France = "Switzerland, Ecuador and Honduras" a walk by the lake.. :rolleyes:

Group England = "Italy, Costa Rica, Uruguay" a Circle of Hell :ph34r:

Group D loaction: Arena da Amazônia Manaus, Arena Pernambuco Recife, Arena das Dunas Natal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoVWVJFw_5o

FIFA's Blatter are an Evil empire! ;)

Here in Holland on TV program they think Germany will become World Champion.

That program is wrong.

Yes Germany played well against Portugal but it only played well because Portugal lost 1 player too early in the first half. Playing 1 first good game does not make you World Championship. Holland won 2 matches while Germany only one 1 match and draw on the second.

That program should give there own team more credit. I really think if Van Gaal gets the moral of his team up and do not suffer any more set backs like losing a player to 2 yellow cards and Martins indy defender there team could get to the finals and set things right and finally become World Champions.

4 Years ago if they played there final match just as well as how they showed with the first match they could have beaten Spain right there. They proved it again a week ago.

this is something you definitely won't see in qatar:

Wait when is Qatar is it in 2018 already ?? I thought that was in 2022 ?? But if so then no you won't see that there. I don't think they can handle that. you will see all females covered in blankets.

Yes Germany played well against Portugal but it only played well because Portugal lost 1 player too early in the first half. Playing 1 first good game does not make you World Championship. Holland won 2 matches while Germany only one 1 match and draw on the second.

this is something you definitely won't see in qatar:

Wait when is Qatar is it in 2018 already ?? I thought that was in 2022 ?? But if so then no you won't see that there. I don't think they can handle that. you will see all females covered in blankets.

Sure, it was easy against 10 Portugese. However Holland wasn't that convincing in their second game against Australia as well ... only France was really consistent in their second game ... however they early-on wrecked the most important swiss defender with a much too high kick to the eye (he didn't even saw a yellow card for that) ... France would have won anyway, but not like that I am sure... Anyway, we'll see how this WC goes on. So far its very entertaining.

AND THANK THE ALMIGHTY NO VUVUZELA! Those really killed the mood last time in Africa, and I hold them responsible for some rather weak games :D

Oh and next WC is in Putistan Russia 2018. Potentially another FIFA-corruption-scandal. I wonder how they will do in 4 years however. Their football is as antiquated as their political behaviour... :dodgy:

Yes Germany played well against Portugal but it only played well because Portugal lost 1 player too early in the first half. Playing 1 first good game does not make you World Championship.

To be fair, when Portugal had their man sent off they were already 2-0 down and being absolutely spanked. But you're right. You can't judge anyone yet.

Here in England someone made the point that England played better in the two games we've lost than they did in the group games of Italia 90. In that tournament we got to the semi-final. In this tournament we're already out. Once the group stages are over everyone has a chance to start again. The eventual winner is as likely to be a team that scraped through as a team that steamrollered their group.

When playing at high levels, today even small teams, are very formidable, strong physically and tactically, with some very good players!

even if the tactics are wrong and you do not have legs, you're fucked, it's a bit like Formula 1, if you can not handle well tires, and adopt the best strategy, the odds of a draw or defeat are high

a good 50% depends on the luck, group, arbitrage, throw into the opponent's goal, there are some evenings that nonostane occasions, 0 goals .. how often you play bad, you do not deserve to win, but it goes along the same.

physical strength, it is increasingly important in these tournaments, but in the difficult games, but also the class and technique are key, see Messi, you know how many teams including Brazil would give to have players like Messi or Suarez

the surprising thing is the level of preparedness of all teams "lesser-known" who have made a masterpiece not only as physical strength and speed, but also from the tactical point of view, putting in serious difficulties the so-called "Big-Squadrons"

Remember that those so called "small" teams have some players playing in europe, also have european coaches. There are no more secrets. Iran goalkeeper was training with a robot shooting balls. They know how to train and now the difference is shortened. At last the big ones most probably prevail but will have a tough time. Also probably one of the small teams will reach quarters or even semi.

Yes Germany played well against Portugal but it only played well because Portugal lost 1 player too early in the first half. Playing 1 first good game does not make you World Championship.

To be fair, when Portugal had their man sent off they were already 2-0 down and being absolutely spanked. But you're right. You can't judge anyone yet.

Here in England someone made the point that England played better in the two games we've lost than they did in the group games of Italia 90. In that tournament we got to the semi-final. In this tournament we're already out. Once the group stages are over everyone has a chance to start again. The eventual winner is as likely to be a team that scraped through as a team that steamrollered their group.

They had Gascoigne-Lineker(golden shoe world cup 1986) he make goals which they don't now.

Rooney is not as good striker as Lineker ever was.

They had Gascoigne-Lineker(golden shoe world cup 1986) he make goals which they don't now.

Rooney is not as good striker as Lineker ever was.

That's a fair point. We had much better players back then, though I was too young to remember watching them play much. Rooney is capable of great performances... In qualifiers and friendlies. He's never been anything like good enough in tournament football. Apparently, he's scored more goals in World Cup football than anyone in England's history, yet only one of them was scored in the finals themselves. (The one against Uruguay the other day.) That says pretty much everything you need to know about him.

Archived