World Cup Soccer(Football if you wish)-2014

To be fair, I wouldn't group England in with the "giants." Our major tournament record in recent years has been almost as awful as the style of football we play. There are plenty of people here in England who would probably call us giants, but they're biased.

It's the same every time. There's always lots of pessimism about England's chances between tournaments, rightly so. Then when the cup actually draws close everyone suddenly decides we're one of the favourites before getting angry and depressed when we get spanked. Alas, we shall never learn! :lol:

This one isn't over yet, but it doesn't look good, and I'm not sure why anyone would be that surprised.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

To be fair, I wouldn't group England in with the "giants." Our major tournament record in recent years has been almost as awful as the style of football we play. There are plenty of people here in England who would probably call us giants, but they're biased.

It's the same every time. There's always lots of pessimism about England's chances between tournaments, rightly so. Then when the cup actually draws close everyone suddenly decides we're one of the favourites before getting angry and depressed when we get spanked. Alas, we shall never learn! :lol:

This one isn't over yet, but it doesn't look good, and I'm not sure why anyone would be that surprised.

Yes! We are giants, I tell you! GIANTS!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Not too bad from England, but also far from good enough ...

So far my opinion: You need to be fast, aggressive, playing forward and not playing around somewhere in the middle. That seems to be the style of the game at the moment.

England reminded me, sorry for that, more of some of the african teams, or Russia ... just not quick enough, both physically and mentally. Hopefully England will change some things at home. The need a coach with a vision, and a league willing to form great new players...it doesn't help the national team if the PL is called the strongest league of the world, if most major players are from other countries...my amateurish opinion :cool:

I missed Colombia play what was the score for Colombia - Ivo ???

2-1 to Colombia

About England, yeah, lots of people talk about the Premier League being the best, but if you look at how many players getting regular football in it are actually English it's pretty horrifying. I doubt there's another league in the world with fewer local players playing in it. I doubt there's another that comes even close to how few we have. All the great foreign players make it a great league, but reduce the opportunity for young English players to make it. It's kind of an either/or situation. For the national team to improve, the league would need to decline, I guess. At least in the short term. But the league is where all the money is, and they want to keep their pockets full.

It's a long-running debate over here.

And we're neither rubbish nor giants. We're just average really.

Archived