That happens to lots of MCM-enabled mods from time to time.  The initialization process can be flaky, especially with slow init scripts.  Devious Devices now defers all the heavy lifting until the next load-from-save, as I recall.

I got back to Cidhna Mine with a new character in a new game, and everything worked fine.  Dialogs all triggered properly, animations ran smoothly, and all devices displayed and functioned correctly.  I greatly enjoy using this mod ... thank you!

F.Y.I. - I used SexLab 1.58, Zaz 5.53 and Devious Devices 2.8.0., proving your mod is stable and compatible with these updated versions. (as long as they are installed correctly!!)

P.S. - Any expansion to this mod would be most welcome!  Maybe a sequel with new events (especially with Madanach and Borkul the beast!) at the Forsworn camp could be done?

This is a great mod and as someone said before practically bug free and without compatibility issues.

It's because that I don't know if my "problem" could be fault of this mod, but after install it, all the times that I've played a new game, I joined Madanach and let him escape, ALL the forsworn faction (not only the ones at the Madanach camp as intended) becomes friendly to me and let me do everything, even kill them in front of his companions... I repeat, I don't know if it's this mod fault (and for now I don't want to start a new game without it) but it looks to me that something changes my faction allegiance... any ideas?

I doubt it, PeCool, I wished that choice would achieve such an outcome as I mentioned before in this thread :lol:

It's the kind of thing I sometimes see happen when Sanguine's Debauchery is running. A faction losing all hostility towards you. So maybe you should look for the cause in that direction, if oyu use that as well?

I doubt it, PeCool, I wished that choice would achieve such an outcome as I mentioned before in this thread :lol:

It's the kind of thing I sometimes see happen when Sanguine's Debauchery is running. A faction losing all hostility towards you. So maybe you should look for the cause in that direction, if oyu use that as well?

TY. Actually I use a lot of mods from LoversLab (and a lot more from other sites :lol: ) but not SD (a very good mod, but too much intrusive and quest breaking for my tastes).

Discarded this great mod as source of my troubles I will continue investigating...

Anyone knows if the allegiance with a  faction can be changed via console?

TY. Actually I use a lot of mods from LoversLab (and a lot more from other sites :lol: ) but not SD (a very good mod, but too much intrusive and quest breaking for my tastes).

Discarded this great mod as source of my troubles I will continue investigating...

Anyone knows if the allegiance with a faction can be changed via console?

In theory, but it never seemed to work when I tried. That's why I never do the join faction on SD. But I haven't had that problem with this mod.

This mod does not edit faction settings at all.  No need, since the vanilla quest handles that aspect just fine.

My Sacrificial Spriggan mod does, but only for a fixed duration.  So even if you have that installed, I don't think it could cause such problems globally - or if it did, someone would've mentioned it by now.

As for fixing your problem manually in console, it would depend on the cause: is your character actually in the wrong faction?  Or is she in a faction that is incorrectly set as allied to the Forsworn?  It makes a difference, in terms of how to fix it - and it could be difficult to figure out, based on console output alone.

This mod does not edit faction settings at all.  No need, since the vanilla quest handles that aspect just fine.

My Sacrificial Spriggan mod does, but only for a fixed duration.  So even if you have that installed, I don't think it could cause such problems globally - or if it did, someone would've mentioned it by now.

As for fixing your problem manually in console, it would depend on the cause: is your character actually in the wrong faction?  Or is she in a faction that is incorrectly set as allied to the Forsworn?  It makes a difference, in terms of how to fix it - and it could be difficult to figure out, based on console output alone.

I think that my char is an ally of the forsworn because I can kill them without retaliations and the char attacked by me only becomes hostile after 3 or 4 hits.

I have Scrificial Spriggan installed, but I have not yet started the Dibella's quest. Pehaps my problem is that I killed Madanach after he gave me the Old Gods Armor to acquire also the Silver-Blood ring...

Guest Akrabra

Looks like a great mod, my problem is more or less that the dialogue doesn't appear when i do the quest. Trying on a character i already had, haven't created a new one yet. Any solutions or suggestions?

Guest Akrabra

Perhaps you'd already been in Cidhna mine?  There have been reports of difficulties, with alternate starts that place the character there.  Did the guard orc have her normal lines?

Installed the mod before i started the quest, so that part is good, but yeah i have been inside Cidhna mine once before i think. Maybe it is that. Tried on a new character, just started in Markarth and it worked like a charm. Awesome mod. To bad i can't get it to work on my fav toon. 

Was the intended to be used alongside a quest? I used Skyrim Unbound and it put me in Cidhna Mine, I was already wearing a lot of Devious Devices using Skyrim Bound and was blindfolded by that orc. Went around getting 30+ encounters before I decided quit when nothing happened by mining the ore to get out of jail.

Hopefully I'll be able to do it once I return back and do that forsworn quest at another time.

New version is up, with a number of small enhancements (see the version history) and a significant expansion of the action in Druadach Redoubt (if Madanach survived).

Not recommended for upgrade in an existing game, since the base quest is a 'run once' event.

Luckily I have not yet done this quest (or even been to Markarth), so I should be fine to upgrade. :)

That should be reasonably safe, but I had one instance in testing where the quest didn't halt properly on leaving Cidhna Mine (a problem I could not repeat with a clean test character); I think it was due to a script fragment getting renamed (the save game threw errors referencing the old name).  If this happens to you, it is easily repaired in console - check the quest status after leaving Cidhna Mine:

sqv DvCidhna_Quest

and if it isn't at stage 50, force it:

setstage DvCidhna_Quest 50

New version is up, with a number of small enhancements (see the version history) and a significant expansion of the action in Druadach Redoubt (if Madanach survived).

Not recommended for upgrade in an existing game, since the base quest is a 'run once' event.

So, if you've already done this quest, and he survived, you still can't access the extra content? :(

I can't seem to anyway. Is there any way that this could be done through console maybe?

You might try the following (no guarantee that it will work), while NOT in Druadach Redoubt:

stopquest DvCidhna_Madanach
startquest DvCidhna_Madanach
sqv DvCidhna_Madanach

If all the quest properties are filled in (not 'None') then there's a reasonable chance that it will function correctly.

You might try the following (no guarantee that it will work), while NOT in Druadach Redoubt:

stopquest DvCidhna_Madanach
startquest DvCidhna_Madanach
sqv DvCidhna_Madanach

If all the quest properties are filled in (not 'None') then there's a reasonable chance that it will function correctly.

I get Yes, Running, 0, 60- but no quest is added to my quest log.

But beyond that I don't seem to be able to do anything with that. After executing those I tried to head to Druadach Redoubt, but didn't get anything.

I also can't seen to find a stage# for the Madanach quest that exists (Tried to use setstage).

Before this; I tried to use setstage for the DruadachRedoubt quest, which equips a few items on me. If I do that when stood nearby Madanach I get some dialog in which he'll take the armbinder off- but after offering compensation I get an error message saying there are no animations (there are- or definitely should be anyway).

There wouldn't be anything in your quest journal.  These aren't that sort of quest (Skyrim uses 'quests' to manage all sorts of things, behind the scenes).  If the quest is working, Madanach has some lines which include the one that kicks off the DvCidhna_DruadachRedoubt quest.

Don't know what would cause an animation failure like you describe, but the other dialogue you describe sounds wrong (not something from this mod).

I should mention that I tested that scene with Gags+ installed (so no non-gag dialogue except for force-greet overrides).

Luckily I have not yet done this quest (or even been to Markarth), so I should be fine to upgrade. :)

That should be reasonably safe, but I had one instance in testing where the quest didn't halt properly on leaving Cidhna Mine (a problem I could not repeat with a clean test character); I think it was due to a script fragment getting renamed (the save game threw errors referencing the old name).  If this happens to you, it is easily repaired in console - check the quest status after leaving Cidhna Mine:

sqv DvCidhna_Quest

and if it isn't at stage 50, force it:

setstage DvCidhna_Quest 50

Don't have it installed, but running a save cleaner on that save should fix that, right?

There wouldn't be anything in your quest journal.  These aren't that sort of quest (Skyrim uses 'quests' to manage all sorts of things, behind the scenes).  If the quest is working, Madanach has some lines which include the one that kicks off the DvCidhna_DruadachRedoubt quest.

Don't know what would cause an animation failure like you describe, but the other dialogue you describe sounds wrong (not something from this mod).

I should mention that I tested that scene with Gags+ installed (so no non-gag dialogue except for force-greet overrides).

I can't get it to work as it should.

I got as far as the dialog where he says it will be good for morale. I agreed to it. But then he didn't put any items on me.

On another try I used setstage for the DvCidhna_DruadachRedoubt quest, but then (after having also installed gags+), I can only say "hmpf" or something like that to anyone- because the arms are constricted (was added in version 1.1, current version is 1.3. If you have 1.0 than the mod would allow you to talk). Saying hmpf doesn't do anything.

I even went back to a save that was right before leaving cidhna mine, that also didn't work :( When I visit him the only conversation option I have is to remove the collar/cuffs. After that there arent any dialog options, and if- after that- I try stop->start the Madanach quest, it breaks.

@Goctionni: The occupants of Druadach Redoubt should have a force-greet package in place; you don't talk to them, but they can talk to you (and you can respond with grunts and head gestures).  If that isn't working, when you're close to one, in line-of-sight, then I'd say the console hack didn't work.  I think there's one NPC (Kaie) who might be present but doesn't have any dialogue.  Everyone else should respond.

@circ: A save cleaner might work, for characters who haven't yet been to the mine.  No guarantees.