i could see some sort of punishment to motivate you to escape sooner rather than later, perhaps more devices?

Well, one rather plausible change would be to have the possibility of devices being added back on; the dialogue already hints at that in one place (something along the lines of "stop whining or I'll put the gag back").  That wouldn't be so hard, just have to make some of the middle quest stages repeatable (and expand the dialogue tree some more, so it doesn't go stale from repetition).

heh.  you could even link that with some kind of difficulty slider somewhere, so if its easy then say, they never re-add items, and harder options could have them re-adding items, adding more items, etc, until youre running around with a full set.  it would be a true struggle to get free before getting items put back on :P

The pirate quest worked great; only trouble I had with it was that I had to disable helpless before I got captured, otherwise I had all the pirates piling up around me and animations triggering over one another, even breaking into the first mate's dialogue.  But, after turning that off, all went smoothly. Will try the others when I get a chance.

Yeah, that's a problem, when using vanilla NPCs from factions that DH recognizes.  Srende has provided the means to temporarily disable this, in the next version of DH.  So it should be a solved problem - eventually.

If you want help, you're going to have to provide more detail than that.  New game, or upgrade in mid-game?  Which quests (any starting with DvCidhna) are running, and in what stage (console: 'help dvcidhna' and 'sqv name_of_quest')?  Do any of the running quests exhibit uninitialized variables (set to 'None')?  Are there any Papyrus errors with scripts starting 'DvCidhna')?

The most likely answer is that the quest 'DvCidhna_Madanach' is not running.  If so, the 'startquest' console command will probably force it along.  If that's the case, it would be nice to find out why (which is half the point of my questions above).

was a new game (i have a save right before entering cidhna mine)

i am now at the point, where madanach and co fought their way out of markath and are in the redoubt (everyone survived, thonar dead)

dvcidhna_quest stage 20 enabled? yes state: running

dvcidhna_madanach stage 0 enabled? no state: stopped
dvcidhna_daintysload stage 0 enabled? no state: stopped
dvcidhna_druadachredoubt stage 0 enabled? no state: stopped
dvcidhna_karthspire stage 0 enabled? no state: stopped
dvcidhna_markarthdialogue stage 0 enabled? no state: stopped
dvcidhna_morkazhgur stage 0 enabled? no state: stopped
dvcidhna_silverbloods stage 0 enabled? no state: stopped

and i did not find any uninitialised variables,
papyrus log: (searched through it with dvcidhna:

[07/20/2014 - 11:07:24PM] warning: Unable to get type QF_DvCidhna_Quest_07000D62 referenced by the save game. Objects of this type will not be loaded.
[07/20/2014 - 11:07:25PM] warning: Could not find type QF_DvCidhna_Quest_07000D62 in the type table in save
and some saying "starting pair animation" 

[07/20/2014 - 11:22:39PM] DvCidhna: Checking if player has left Cidhna Mine...
[07/20/2014 - 11:22:39PM] DvCidhna: Leaving Cidhna Mine
[07/20/2014 - 11:22:39PM] Error: Method SetStage not found on QF_DvCidhna_Quest_07000D62. Aborting call and returning None
stack:
[alias PlayerRefAlias on quest DvCidhna_Quest (3E000D62)].DvCidhna_PlayerScr.OnLocationChange() - "DvCidhna_PlayerScr.psc" Line 10
[07/20/2014 - 11:22:39PM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp2"
stack:
[alias PlayerRefAlias on quest DvCidhna_Quest (3E000D62)].DvCidhna_PlayerScr.OnLocationChange() - "DvCidhna_PlayerScr.psc" Line 10
[07/20/2014 - 11:22:39PM] Error: Cannot call GetName() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:

did startquest dvcidhna_madanach
now it says 
dvcidhna_madanach stage 0 enabled? yes state: running

but still no new dialogue with anybody, also sometimes i can still ask them "will you leave me alone now?"

when i do "setstage dvcidhna_quest 50" it works so it seems to me that it should set the quest to that stage but doesnt, can u tell me when that should happen?

For what its worth, I get the same issue as Janoorn.  If I setstage DvCidhna_Quest to 50 then I am able to start the conversation in Druadach Redoubt.  So it looks like somehow I cannot get that stage to set.

One problem may be is that during the escape, once we get out of Marakath, the Forsworn prisoners run over the bridge and then run back to it in a constant circle.  So I have had to fast travel and wait for them to get to the Redoubt.

Also, while the gag talking mod works with the Pirate Prize, it interferes for me in Druadach Redoubt when trying to talk with the Forsworn there, so I had to disable it.

It also looks like it is the same issue with the Silver-Blood infiltrate Karthspire quest.  If I don't set the stage manually, Thorin does not have any conversation lines.  In this quest I was able to get the disguise and the armbinder removed, but the disguise did little good when I left the cave as the Forsworn attacked me right away.

@janoorn: That reads like a save game that had previously been used with v1.0 of this mod (notably the refs to QF_DvCidhna_Quest_07000D62, which was renamed in v1.10 as I recall).  So I'll ask again, to verify what you claimed: new game, or upgrade?  It doesn't matter whether that save had previously done anything in Markarth - if it was ever used with v1.0, the script reference might be baked in.

In any case, manually forcing 'setstage DvCidhna_Quest 50', and perhaps manually starting 'DvCidhna_MarkarthDialogue' and 'DvCidhna_Madanach', should move things along.

stobor:

i dont know how you would set the difficulty.  MCM? dialog? based on how much gold you have/how pissed off you made the thonar's

easy:  as it is now, you can get each item off on your first try in exchange for sex

normal:  success rate lower, maybe 50%?  also a chance to get items put back on.  chance to get a belt+plugs

hard: much lower success rate, much higher chance of getting new items, maybe have pirates notice if youre free ('hey, what are you doing running around without bindings! i'll fix that') (maybe getting caught will have them swap the plugs for much more punishing plugs)

Your mod is turning into a real gem, Stobor. Great work!

Upgrading from 1.2 to 1.3 went seamless.

A tiny request: during "Keeping up Morale" and "Pirate Prize" you are put into an inescapable armbinder. Is there any chance "Meet the Neighbors" could receive the same treat? :)

Keep up the good work!

NB. I'm happy to see the mod is becoming more... devious.

@janoorn: That reads like a save game that had previously been used with v1.0 of this mod (notably the refs to QF_DvCidhna_Quest_07000D62, which was renamed in v1.10 as I recall).  So I'll ask again, to verify what you claimed: new game, or upgrade?  It doesn't matter whether that save had previously done anything in Markarth - if it was ever used with v1.0, the script reference might be baked in.

In any case, manually forcing 'setstage DvCidhna_Quest 50', and perhaps manually starting 'DvCidhna_MarkarthDialogue' and 'DvCidhna_Madanach', should move things along.

yeah im sorry, its seems like i accidentally saved while having the mod loaded allready, did a clean save, that fixed everything. thank you for ur help

After leaving dainty sload, the "escape!" part never finished, did I screw things up by pickpocketing the first mate and then killing them all? I noticed none of them were hostile towards me even though I was killing their pals.

Im having an issue.  Everytime I approach madanach, my step "talk to madanach" fails, and he immediately attacks me.

Also on the "Confusion to the Forsworn:" quest, I crash every time I ask for boots.  I see the boots equipped, and I crash instantly afterwards.

After leaving dainty sload, the "escape!" part never finished, did I screw things up by pickpocketing the first mate and then killing them all? I noticed none of them were hostile towards me even though I was killing their pals.

The quest should complete, no matter what, the next time a 'change location' event occurs (where the new location is not the Dainty Sload).  Like Aelie says, the nearby lighthouse should suffice.

Im having an issue.  Everytime I approach madanach, my step "talk to madanach" fails, and he immediately attacks me.

Also on the "Confusion to the Forsworn:" quest, I crash every time I ask for boots.  I see the boots equipped, and I crash instantly afterwards.

Go back and read the debug tips in post #2.

As for the Forsworn armor: do you have a replacer mod for it installed?  Can you equip Forsworn boots / gauntlets / whatever via console without a crash?

Well, that's 2 for 2: both of the reported instances of that crash involve the CT77 replacer.  The latest HDT-enabled one, I assume?

If you can give me the armor object IDs (for all 4 pieces) in that mod, I can try to check for them and substitute objects on the fly.

for what it's worth, i also use that armor replacer and i have had no problems.

Did you try the Karthspire quest in particular?  Nobody's reported any problems with Druadach Redoubt, but that doesn't attempt to equip Forsworn gear.

ive played all 4 quests.

Well, that's a relief - a conflict with CT77 Remodeled Armor would be a real mess.  Unfortunately, that means I'm no closer to figuring out what the real problem is. 

Folks, if you're having that CTD, please try to capture a Papyrus log (look for messages starting DvCidhna).  The last log file cut off in mid-animation, suggesting that the CTD was animation-related rather than being due to the Forsworn boots themselves.  Other than that, I don't have much to go on.