What's the recommended procedure for updating from 3.381 to V3.382?

Personally I think the best option is always uninstall -  "clean save", tidy up the save with your favourite save game editor (personally I use PDT/Skyrim script scalpel)  and then install from scratch.

A straight upgrade should work - but I wouldn't bet my favourite save game on it!  ;)

Little Problem and a solution.

I upgrade to the newest version and check the animation with "estrus self".

But clothes on off on off ... ctd.

I take a second try, but with clothes off. The animation run without problems, but during the animation a near enemy came in focus.

I found out, that the problem in the first try, was requiem + the near enemy. So i think, if a chaurus attack your character and you have requiem installed, you must activate that clothes changeable during fights or a ctd occurs.

Sorry for my bad english

I've just upgraded to the latest and am impressed.  No more Actor Events, the birthing animation is stellar and the chaurus fights and assaults are glitch free so far.  Great work, you have my thanks!

A special request if you are inclined.  One of the things I do in game is spawn a few chaurus where ever my character birthed them.  That way I potentially have two or three chaurus running around the game world at different locations for as long as they survive.  Is it possible that this could be added to the mod?  I know there is an infestation mode but that just seems to generate a bunch of skittering little bugs not full grown chaurus.  Don't know if this would work underground/dungeons but I'm more focused on the open world.

I've only just started using this mod after Cursed Loot directed my attention to it (and Actor Events was removed) so I don't know if this is a normal thing, but I have a blank animation showing up in the SexLab animation list. It's immediately after the three animations from this mod in the list and doesn't appear without this installed. Any idea what that is?

I have to admit haven't checked or tested the code re:Chaurus infestation since the upgrade but in theory the little skittering Chaurus are supposed to grow up into great big Daddy Chaurus over time if there is enough food around according to Jbezorg's original OP...   ;)

I've just upgraded to the latest and am impressed.  No more Actor Events, the birthing animation is stellar and the chaurus fights and assaults are glitch free so far.  Great work, you have my thanks!

A special request if you are inclined.  One of the things I do in game is spawn a few chaurus where ever my character birthed them.  That way I potentially have two or three chaurus running around the game world at different locations for as long as they survive.  Is it possible that this could be added to the mod?  I know there is an infestation mode but that just seems to generate a bunch of skittering little bugs not full grown chaurus.  Don't know if this would work underground/dungeons but I'm more focused on the open world.

Strange...  I am testing adding another Estrus animation to the install script but I have checked the animation installation script versions in the upload and they are the original code so I'm not sure what is causing that...

Anyone else seeing this?

I've only just started using this mod after Cursed Loot directed my attention to it (and Actor Events was removed) so I don't know if this is a normal thing, but I have a blank animation showing up in the SexLab animation list. It's immediately after the three animations from this mod in the list and doesn't appear without this installed. Any idea what that is?

That's a confirm (see screenshot)

attachicon.gifScreenShot5.jpg

Yeah, that's what I get, with all the Zaz animations below it.

If it helps in trying to track down what it is, Cumshot thinks it's a threesome. It has three actor slots next to it when configuring who's going to explode at business time...

I don't suppose disabling all sex anims in SexLab except the blank one then using SexLab Matchmaker on 3 NPCs or 2 NPCs and the PC would be any help in tracking down the animation?

That's a confirm (see screenshot)

attachicon.gifScreenShot5.jpg

Yeah, that's what I get, with all the Zaz animations below it.

If it helps in trying to track down what it is, Cumshot thinks it's a threesome. It has three actor slots next to it when configuring who's going to explode at business time...

I don't suppose disabling all sex anims in SexLab except the blank one then using SexLab Matchmaker on 3 NPCs or 2 NPCs and the PC would be any help in tracking down the animation?

That... makes a lot of sense. Which is probably why I didn't think of it :P

I'll give it a try when I play later.

Really awesome mod so far. Works pretty damn well, even if I think the tentacle mechanic is out of place.

something that I thought of is as the player keeps going through the cycles of giving birth the chaurus, she eventually takes on their features, and grows a new 'nude' armor that looks like Chaurus chitin growing out of her. Oh, and the ability to command the chaurus with that would be neat ( or at least make Chaurus friendly to you. ) Wish I had a tablet or something, i'd concept art the hell outta that armor/evolution design.

A suggestion for a future update, though I'm not sure this is possible to do and as it's a minor thing not worth spending a lot of time on.

At present there's a check box to turn on or off Chaurus impregnation. I was wondering if it would be possible to have a second checkbox to make this impregnation only happen if the routine is started by an actual Chaurus. This would allow mods like DCL to use the Tentacle animation and give the player an option to switch off impregnation unless attacked by a Chaurus. It just seems a bit odd to me that the pc can get infested with Chaurus eggs by opening a chest rather than from actually running into a Chaurus

Not a biggie, it would just be a nice option if it's quick to do, but not worth spending a lot of time on

I could actually disable the impregnation on my end, but isn't that the point of EC+? ;)

Within the context of a Chaurus attack yes, but outside of that it would be a nice option as it would allow a similar effect as Estrus Mimics without all the problem of having Estrus for Skyrim active. But I take your point and I'll move this over to DCL

One of the things I plan to do is to write a  public function to allow other mods to call the tentacle anim (and other estrus anims and some different effects as I sort them out)  so that I can work on ED without breaking mods that are using its features - one of the options in the function will be "bool applyECeffects" so hopefully that will help... 

Will you consider using ModEvents to allow other mods to call the effect without making EC a required master file?

Apologies folks - looks like I was not quite as good at tidying up my experimental code as I thought!  :dodgy:

v3.82a going up now with the issue fixed - if you reset SL's animation registry and then reinstall EC animations the empty animation will be gone...

I tried deselecting everything but that mysterious animation and using matchmaker but nothing played. The actors just walk away after that little twitch to reset them before getting going. The papyrus log basically just said no animations applied.

A suggestion for a future update, though I'm not sure this is possible to do and as it's a minor thing not worth spending a lot of time on.

At present there's a check box to turn on or off Chaurus impregnation. I was wondering if it would be possible to have a second checkbox to make this impregnation only happen if the routine is started by an actual Chaurus. This would allow mods like DCL to use the Tentacle animation and give the player an option to switch off impregnation unless attacked by a Chaurus. It just seems a bit odd to me that the pc can get infested with Chaurus eggs by opening a chest rather than from actually running into a Chaurus

Not a biggie, it would just be a nice option if it's quick to do, but not worth spending a lot of time on

I could actually disable the impregnation on my end, but isn't that the point of EC+? ;)

Within the context of a Chaurus attack yes, but outside of that it would be a nice option as it would allow a similar effect as Estrus Mimics without all the problem of having Estrus for Skyrim active. But I take your point and I'll move this over to DCL

One of the things I plan to do is to write a  public function to allow other mods to call the tentacle anim (and other estrus anims and some different effects as I sort them out)  so that I can work on ED without breaking mods that are using its features - one of the options in the function will be "bool applyECeffects" so hopefully that will help... 

Will you consider using ModEvents to allow other mods to call the effect without making EC a required master file?

I have no experience of using ModEvents thus far - I have always used GetFormFromFile to link to other mods without making them masters, is there an issue with people using that method to link to the (proposed) script/function?

I have no experience of using ModEvents thus far - I have always used GetFormFromFile to link to other mods without making them masters, is there an issue with people using that method to link to the (proposed) script/function?

Is there a script in EC+ that is called each time the game is loaded?

I can give you a skeleton of code next week if you want. It has to go in a script attached to a quest Alias linked to the Player (to register the events each time the game is loaded).

It looks like this:

1- Make sure you have a quest with a quest alias set on the player. Attach a script similar to this one:

https://github.com/MinLL/SDPlus/blob/master/scripts/source/_sdras_load.psc

2- The script is calling a 'maintenance' function to register events. In the case of SD+, that function is defined in another script.

https://github.com/MinLL/SDPlus/blob/master/scripts/source/_sdras_player.psc#L238 

3- Register your events. The first parameter is the string to use to call the event from another mod, and the second string is the name of the function to call for that event:

RegisterForModEvent("SDEmancipateSlave",   "OnSDEmancipateSlave")

4- Finally, set up the function to call when the event is triggered.

Event OnSDEmancipateSlave(String _eventName, String _args, Float _argc = 1.0, Form _sender)
	Debug.Trace("[_sdras_player] Receiving emancipate slave event [" + _args  + "] [" + _argc as Int + "]")

_SDGVP_can_join.SetValue(1) 
EndEvent

Once this is done, external mods can trigger the event simply by calling:

SendModEvent("SDEmancipateSlave")

That's about it.

You can also send out events for other mods to listen to.

For example, you could use 'SendModEvent("ECPregnancyStart")' when the pregnancy effect starts and 'SendModEvent("ECPregnancyStop")' when it ends. 

Other mods will be able to register their own functions to react to an EC pregnancy if needed.

Is there a script in EC+ that is called each time the game is loaded?

I can give you a skeleton of code next week if you want. It has to go in a script attached to a quest Alias linked to the Player (to register the events each time the game is loaded).

It looks like this:

1- Make sure you have a quest with a quest alias set on the player. Attach a script similar to this one:

https://github.com/MinLL/SDPlus/blob/master/scripts/source/_sdras_load.psc

2- The script is calling a 'maintenance' function to register events. In the case of SD+, that function is defined in another script.

https://github.com/MinLL/SDPlus/blob/master/scripts/source/_sdras_player.psc#L238 

3- Register your events. The first parameter is the string to use to call the event from another mod, and the second string is the name of the function to call for that event:

RegisterForModEvent("SDEmancipateSlave",   "OnSDEmancipateSlave")

4- Finally, set up the function to call when the event is triggered.

Event OnSDEmancipateSlave(String _eventName, String _args, Float _argc = 1.0, Form _sender)
	Debug.Trace("[_sdras_player] Receiving emancipate slave event [" + _args  + "] [" + _argc as Int + "]")

_SDGVP_can_join.SetValue(1) 
EndEvent

Once this is done, external mods can trigger the event simply by calling:

SendModEvent("SDEmancipateSlave")

That's about it.

You can also send out events for other mods to listen to.

For example, you could use 'SendModEvent("ECPregnancyStart")' when the pregnancy effect starts and 'SendModEvent("ECPregnancyStop")' when it ends. 

Other mods will be able to register their own functions to react to an EC pregnancy if needed.

Thanks! - I'll take a look and see what I can do

Hey guys, I just came cause i was having problems getting EC to recognize my skeleton

I have the XP32 XPMS skeleton, and I am using the CBBE Slim body with the pregnancy scaling body.

Under the mod manager menu, all the options under body changes on the first page are grayed out.

Under the skeleton section, all the options are grayed out as well, but the skeleton belly node, right breast node, and right glute node are checked. I cannot change them. I can move the sliders and access the sliders, but they do not do anything.

After running FNIS Generator, It confirmed that the game is running XP32 XPMS skeleton. It registered all the animations for the skeleton as well.

So i know that the skeleton is reading.

The pregnancy scaling body is working, or at least I assume. The instructions just say create a body and load it. Is there some special place I am supposed to place it for the mod to support it? Like is there a folder that the pregnant body has to go in so that it can be read? Do i just leave the body where the body slide tool places it, in actor assets?

All animations, pregnancy effects, and tentacle effects are working properly. The infected girls can lay eggs.

My main character is male. I am using this mod for female followers if this means anything.

Edited by parasite

Apologies folks - looks like I was not quite as good at tidying up my experimental code as I thought!  :dodgy:

v3.82a going up now with the issue fixed - if you reset SL's animation registry and then reinstall EC animations the empty animation will be gone...

That's all well and good, but do we have to wait 90 years before we can use it...? :P

Quick question on the zzEstrus.esp which I have disabled. Is it safe to delete it from the Data directory. Everything seems to work fine without it but thought I'd best check.

It accidently re-enabled when I forgot to start Steam before SKSE, so I thought I'd just get rid of it.

AFAIK it is ok to delete it - EC is just using the assets that it comes with...

Quick question on the zzEstrus.esp which I have disabled. Is it safe to delete it from the Data directory. Everything seems to work fine without it but thought I'd best check.

It accidently re-enabled when I forgot to start Steam before SKSE, so I thought I'd just get rid of it.