I've been testing out whether or not the infestation option grow into full grown Chaurus.  I know I brought this up earlier.  Anyway, after a few weeks in game the eggs hatched but still only a bunch of little bugs, no adults.  Not complaining, I just wish I knew for sure if this is all that happens.

Has anyone had the eggs grow into full grown bugs?  Does anyone know if that is even part of the mod?

I have not looked at that part of the Mod at all since I took it over but I am pretty sure that the original OP stated that they would grow up if there was sufficient food around - certainly from a quick glance at the code that seems to be the intention...

Edit:

I found a couple of links from the original thread that confirm this is the intention...

Link #1

Link #2

Another follow-up.  I went back to the nest and saw about four to five eggs still sitting on the beach.  You could still hear distant chaurus running around but nothing had grown.  This must be at least three weeks after hatching.

I decided to drop a bunch of food.  According to the links you provided the chaurus bugs hide for 22 hours during the day, running from everything, eat one hour out of the day and hunt one hour out of the day.

I stayed around for a couple of days jumping time a few hours at a crack to see if I could notice any changes and there were.  This is actually pretty fascinating how it works so far, at least what I'm observing.

The chaurus only seem to be active if you are in the same cell.  I had dropped food and came back a few days later.  All the food was there.  I made camp in the area and stayed for a few days, the food was eaten (supposedly) as it was gone at certain intervals.  The chaurus themselves seemed to migrate a bit from the nest.  I noticed a few dead animals here and there, a deer, a mudcrab.  Couldn't figure out what killed them and if it were a chaurus how it would kill them as they are so weak.  You can easily swat them with one hit and kill them if you can catch them.  Also, all but one of the eggs hatched at the nest after I left the food.

A day later I couldn't wait in certain areas anymore as I got the message an enemy was nearby even though I couldn't see any.  I could hear the chaurus so it seems after they've grown a bit they become hostile.  Still they were not attacking.  Every now and then I would get an enemy warning of a chaurus hatchling (I have iHud so my radar is off, no red dots but I do get enemy health bars).  I moved the clock ahead in hour intervals to see if the little beasties were keeping a schedule.

At around 3am while I was walking along the infested area my HP started dropping and poison icons started flashing along the side of the screen.  There were no outward attacks, I couldn't see the poison spit or any creatures.  I ran out of there to a safer area but the poison overcame my character.  Death Alternative took me to a bleedout state and then I recovered.  When I got my health up I went back to the area and I got attacked again.  This time a chaurus hatchling health bar appeared and I could see some spit but none hit me.  As I got closer my health dropped again and the poison icons appeared.  Ran away again.  By this time an hour had passed and the chaurus weren't in a bitey mood anymore.

That's about as much as I learned so far.  None of the bugs have grown into a full grown chaurus, at least not yet.  I have noticed one or two larger hatchlings.  It seems, and I'm only extrapolating here, that the chaurus kill animals in the area with poison attacks plus they seem to be eating the food I leave behind, unless that is just the Skyrim game cleaning up stuff I've dropped.

If this is how it works it's pretty neat but it doesn't seem to be active unless you are there.  Which from a player standpoint is kinda bad, I mean for me anyway, I was hoping of revisiting a nest later and have adult chaurus roaming about which may still happen I just need to be in the cell until they are fully grown... I think.

Regardless if it works how I would like it the mechanic is pretty cool.  I poke around the area for a few more days to see if I can get them to grow by dropping off food in the area.  I'll report back what I find if anyone is interested... I may report back anyway!

I'm not sure what wrong on my end or else, after I make clean save (use save cleaner) and change EC+ 3.36 -> 3.39a and also get rid of Actor Events via NMM but EC menu didn't show up on MCM, and I also use console command "setStage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1" but EC menu still didn't show up anyway.

I also use Skyre and RND (someone mentioned that RND have some conflict with EC+) but for EC+3.36 and previous version didn't cause any problem with my savegame before and I didn't have any CTD problem, so could you suggest how to activated EC+ menu from MCM for EC+ 3.37 or later ? (I already use SKY UI 4.1 and SL 1.59c btw)

I'm not sure what wrong on my end or else, after I make clean save (use save cleaner) and change EC+ 3.36 -> 3.39a and also get rid of Actor Events via NMM but EC menu didn't show up on MCM, and I also use console command "setStage SKI_ConfigManagerInstance 1" but EC menu still didn't show up anyway.

I also use Skyre and RND (someone mentioned that RND have some conflict with EC+) but for EC+3.36 and previous version didn't cause any problem with my savegame before and I didn't have any CTD problem, so could you suggest how to activated EC+ menu from MCM for EC+ 3.37 or later ? (I already use SKY UI 4.1 and SL 1.59c btw)

Sometimes, I've found that after using the setstage ski_configmanagerinstance 1 option, zone transition or reloading a quick save will force it to install.

There is no conflict between EC+ and RND - they have been tested and work perfectly together.

When you say you use a save cleaner which one did you use and what did you do?

I've been testing out whether or not the infestation option grow into full grown Chaurus.  I know I brought this up earlier.  Anyway, after a few weeks in game the eggs hatched but still only a bunch of little bugs, no adults.  Not complaining, I just wish I knew for sure if this is all that happens.

Has anyone had the eggs grow into full grown bugs?  Does anyone know if that is even part of the mod?

I have not looked at that part of the Mod at all since I took it over but I am pretty sure that the original OP stated that they would grow up if there was sufficient food around - certainly from a quick glance at the code that seems to be the intention...

Edit:

I found a couple of links from the original thread that confirm this is the intention...

Link #1

Link #2

Another follow-up.  I went back to the nest and saw about four to five eggs still sitting on the beach.  You could still hear distant chaurus running around but nothing had grown.  This must be at least three weeks after hatching.

I decided to drop a bunch of food.  According to the links you provided the chaurus bugs hide for 22 hours during the day, running from everything, eat one hour out of the day and hunt one hour out of the day.

I stayed around for a couple of days jumping time a few hours at a crack to see if I could notice any changes and there were.  This is actually pretty fascinating how it works so far, at least what I'm observing.

The chaurus only seem to be active if you are in the same cell.  I had dropped food and came back a few days later.  All the food was there.  I made camp in the area and stayed for a few days, the food was eaten (supposedly) as it was gone at certain intervals.  The chaurus themselves seemed to migrate a bit from the nest.  I noticed a few dead animals here and there, a deer, a mudcrab.  Couldn't figure out what killed them and if it were a chaurus how it would kill them as they are so weak.  You can easily swat them with one hit and kill them if you can catch them.  Also, all but one of the eggs hatched at the nest after I left the food.

A day later I couldn't wait in certain areas anymore as I got the message an enemy was nearby even though I couldn't see any.  I could hear the chaurus so it seems after they've grown a bit they become hostile.  Still they were not attacking.  Every now and then I would get an enemy warning of a chaurus hatchling (I have iHud so my radar is off, no red dots but I do get enemy health bars).  I moved the clock ahead in hour intervals to see if the little beasties were keeping a schedule.

At around 3am while I was walking along the infested area my HP started dropping and poison icons started flashing along the side of the screen.  There were no outward attacks, I couldn't see the poison spit or any creatures.  I ran out of there to a safer area but the poison overcame my character.  Death Alternative took me to a bleedout state and then I recovered.  When I got my health up I went back to the area and I got attacked again.  This time a chaurus hatchling health bar appeared and I could see some spit but none hit me.  As I got closer my health dropped again and the poison icons appeared.  Ran away again.  By this time an hour had passed and the chaurus weren't in a bitey mood anymore.

That's about as much as I learned so far.  None of the bugs have grown into a full grown chaurus, at least not yet.  I have noticed one or two larger hatchlings.  It seems, and I'm only extrapolating here, that the chaurus kill animals in the area with poison attacks plus they seem to be eating the food I leave behind, unless that is just the Skyrim game cleaning up stuff I've dropped.

If this is how it works it's pretty neat but it doesn't seem to be active unless you are there.  Which from a player standpoint is kinda bad, I mean for me anyway, I was hoping of revisiting a nest later and have adult chaurus roaming about which may still happen I just need to be in the cell until they are fully grown... I think.

Regardless if it works how I would like it the mechanic is pretty cool.  I poke around the area for a few more days to see if I can get them to grow by dropping off food in the area.  I'll report back what I find if anyone is interested... I may report back anyway!

Thanks for the update - will be good to get a first hand report on the whole process and how it currently works (or doesn't!)

1. I unchecked Actor events and Ec+ 3.36 (also activated Skyre_Reproccer patch due to I also use Skyre btw) and make new save.

2. I use "Script cleaner" from Nexus to clean this new save.

3. Install Ec+ 3.39a and activated Reproccer patch again.

Every time when I change Ec+ new version and use this method, everything work fine but not sure what happen this time, it look like Ec+ just didn't noticed or activate from MCM, I also use console command "/help MCM", it also show Ec+ there but just didn't activate it.

Ps. After I test yesterday, I also noticed some bug from my end after I already copy Ec+ v1.01 patch for beeing female and make new save with this method, it also cause permanent damage to all others save menu for "beeing female" menu in MCM (I correct it with re-install beeing female -> Ec+ v1.01 again btw), so not sure that when I use this clean save method after install some patch that change some script line cause this problem or not? (Look like Ec+ patch change script line in some files in source directory of "beeing female") but after I de-activate Ec+ and actor events to make clean save that may cause permanent damage to new save due to script that already change from patch can't find Ec+ that mentioned in the script -_-

I will make new save and re-install "beeing female" without Ec+ v1.01 patch and try use clean save method again or may be directly update from 3.36 to 3.39a and just de-activate actor events from NMM and see what happen today.

Ps. Wish I don't mess up my game till I need to re-install all mod again T^T

Edit:

Link #1

Link #2

This is why I lay my eggs in the Palace of Kings.

Bane sex lab aroused, is a mod master?... I do not install it, is not in the required mods list... but this new version crash my game, not pass the tes5edit clean test

The point is that I do not consider necessary a mod that to function properly need two additional mods, just for the animation of one beast, too many scripts without  a function ... that's what causes instability and crashes game

But your work exceeds the excellence just because you continue to improve this mod ... if you could remove extra mods ... would be excellent, Greetings

SLA is not a master - I have uploaded a fixed version (3.90a) with SLA removed from the master list. :)

That's the reason that you are the master... remove the mod Estrus for Skyrim ... please ... no more useless scrips.  Greetings

Ok, right as I think. After I use directly update from 3.36 to 3.39a and de-activated Actor events then make new save without clean save and just use "Script cleaner" after that to new save that I create, everything work well and MCM also could recognized EC+ 3.39a without any problem

So if anyone wanna update previous savegame after you install ec+ patch V1.01 for beeing female, please don't forget to update it directly and just use save cleaner after that and please don't use clean save method like myself because if you already patch ec+ for beeing female and you make clean save without remove that patch 1st, it will cause permanent damage to your savegame and may be beeing female mod also T^T

PS. nah, still don't have luck for 3.39a for me, mod show up on MCM this time but still didn't work btw, and this time it also mess up with SL if didn't use clean save. May be i need to try clean save without EC+ patch install first and let see this time it will work or not or i may need to switch back to 3.36 as previously T^T

Success at last T^T, really hard to correct problem before I could update EC+3.36 to 3.39a. I wish my experience may help someone that have same problem as me if you use both "Beeing female" and "EC+ older than 3.37" and you already install EC+ patch for Beeing female.

1. Before you update EC+ 3.36 to 3.39a, you should Copy and Paste SL 1.59c (only update package is enough) and Beeing female mod to your Skyrim folder (due to EC+ for Beeing female patch change some script from beeing female mod so you need to restore them first, and for SL framework from my experience those patch also mess up MCM of SL during I try to update ec+ 3.36 to 3.39a too and I correct it with re-install all script from SL framework update patch btw), I'm not sure if you just use NMM uninstall EC+ patch could restore it or not btw.

2. Use rebuild and clean in SL framework 1.59c to unregister EC+ animation and use Uninstall function in EC+ mod then make new save.

3. de-activated "Actor Events" and "EC+" mod from NMM and load your previous save game that you want to update and save again.

4. Use "Script cleaner" to clean left over script in your save game.

5. Load save game that you already clean with script cleaner and save again

6. Re-check with script cleaner that you still have any left over script in that save game or not (I have some left over script so I use Copy and Paste SL framework and Beeing female again to make sure every script from both essential Mod return to normal one), if you don't have any script left you can uninstall Actor event and Update to EC+3.39a now.

7. Re-install EC+ for Beeing female V1.01 patch. (!!!!!This should be the last after you surely that you already clean all left over script from your previous EC+ version or you may need to do every process from 1-6 again T^T)

PS. this problem will occur only when you want to continue to play your old save game but if you want to start new game, you don't need to do anything like I told you btw  :P

re: hatchling behavior

eggs laid near the "abandoned shack" north of Morthal and I left some food (goat venison salmon) then left the area

on return the necromancer and bandits at the ruin just east of there (Horn of Jorgen Windcaller quest) were dead

hunting/feeding schedule pretty much as reported above

using Aroused Creatures hatchlings, though not full size, could re-infest during non-hostile periods

came upon a hatchling at the west gate of Falkreath, so they do travel apparently

also using Sexlab Stories (broodmother site)

hope this is helpful and thanks

Final field report.  I went back to the nest and got attacked again around 2am.  As I ran away one of the small chaurus hit me with venom.  My character became infected.

Made a new nest across the river from Mixwater Mill near a cave filled with spiders.  Dropped some raw wolf meat and left for a few days.  Came back to a bunch of little bugs as expected.  Some of them made it across the river just near the falls but didn't get much farther.  There was one larger chaurus, not an adult just chillin' by the river bank.  It wasn't hostile and it didn't move, other than bob it's head and tail.

Then I had an unfortunate mix of mods that boogered up my game and I had to start fresh.  It will be some time before I have another report as my character is new and I don't know when she will get to a Falmer dungeon.

Vithiss, I don't use the mod Aroused Creatures but that is an intersting mix with Estrus Chaurus.

Does this mod override EstrusForSkyrim's voice/sound effects? I am no longer getting the default Japanese one and instead getting what appears to be one of sexlab framework's sex sounds.

If so, how do I go back to the Japanese one?

It doesn't overwrite it, if the animations are triggered by SexLab it'll use SexLab voices if the animations are triggered by Estrus for Skyrim it uses whatever voices you are using with that mod. 

I actually just tried testing estrus 2 different ways with 2 different outcomes.

1. Get attacked by Charus (handled by Estrus Chaurus+). This played one of sexlab's sex sounds

2. Cast estrus on self (handled by EstrusForSkyrim). This played the Japanese sex sounds

So Estrus Chaurus+ seems to be overriding the default sound that comes with EstrusForSkyrim. Anyone know how to disable that?

What do I need to do for the belly to change? I am getting very small changes during the incubation period to the belly while the butt and boobs are working just fine. I don't really care if the armor is affected, I am only talking about the naked character model.

What do I need to do for the belly to change? I am getting very small changes during the incubation period to the belly while the butt and boobs are working just fine. I don't really care if the armor is affected, I am only talking about the naked character model.

Related to this issue, it would go a long way to change the growth factor for the belly by normalizing it to reach the max belly scale value at the end of pregnancy.

Something like:

BellySize = BellySizeStart + (BellySizeMax - BellySizeStart ) * ( number of days pregnant ) / (pregnancy duration)

Does this mod override EstrusForSkyrim's voice/sound effects? I am no longer getting the default Japanese one and instead getting what appears to be one of sexlab framework's sex sounds.

It doesn't overwrite it, if the animations are triggered by SexLab it'll use SexLab voices if the animations are triggered by Estrus for Skyrim it uses whatever voices you are using with that mod. 

I actually just tried testing estrus 2 different ways with 2 different outcomes.

1. Get attacked by Charus (handled by Estrus Chaurus+). This played one of sexlab's sex sounds

2. Cast estrus on self (handled by EstrusForSkyrim). This played the Japanese sex sounds

So Estrus Chaurus+ seems to be overriding the default sound that comes with EstrusForSkyrim. Anyone know how to disable that?

EC is not overriding Estrus - it registers the Estrus animations it uses directly with sexlab and therefore EC triggered animations use sexlab Sfx.

When you cast estrus spells the animations are provided by and handled by estrus  own animation and sound system - not sexlab, and hence you hear the sounds included in estrus....

I've set tentacle spit to 100% in the MCM but still I can't get it to trigger.

papyrus

[zzEstrusChaurusMCM (F600EF8A)].zzestruschaurusae.ChaurusSpitAttack() - "zzestruschaurusae.psc" Line 210
[Active effect 21 on  (00000014)].zzEstrusSpitEffect.OnEffectStart() - "zzEstrusSpitEffect.psc" Line 7
[12/13/2014 - 06:50:48PM] Warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp57"
stack:
[zzEstrusChaurusMCM (F600EF8A)].zzestruschaurusae.ChaurusSpitAttack() - "zzestruschaurusae.psc" Line 210
[Active effect 21 on  (00000014)].zzEstrusSpitEffect.OnEffectStart() - "zzEstrusSpitEffect.psc" Line 7
[12/13/2014 - 06:50:48PM] ERROR: Mismatched types assigning to variable named "::temp1"
stack:
[Active effect 19 on  (00000014)].NingheimDivineInterventionScript.OnHit() - "NingheimDivineInterventionScript.psc" Line 30
[12/13/2014 - 06:50:54PM] ERROR: Mismatched types assigning to variable named "::temp1"
stack:
[Active effect 19 on  (00000014)].NingheimDivineInterventionScript.OnHit() - "NingheimDivineInterventionScript.psc" Line 30
[12/13/2014 - 06:50:54PM] ERROR: zzestruschaurusevents.OnECStartAnimation() being called on an invalid object, aborting function call
stack:
[Active effect 10 on  (00000014)].zzEstrusSpitEffect.OnEffectStart() - "zzEstrusSpitEffect.psc" Line 7
[12/13/2014 - 06:50:54PM] Warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp57"
stack:
[Active effect 10 on  (00000014)].zzEstrusSpitEffect.OnEffectStart() - "zzEstrusSpitEffect.psc" Line 7
[12/13/2014 - 06:50:54PM] ERROR: Mismatched types assigning to variable named "::temp1"
stack:
[12/13/2014 - 06:51:00PM] 
[12/13/2014 - 06:51:00PM] =====iNeed (_sn) is finished refreshing itself and searching for addons!=====
[12/13/2014 - 06:51:00PM] 
[12/13/2014 - 06:51:01PM] ERROR: zzestruschaurusevents.OnECStartAnimation() being called on an invalid object, aborting function call

anyone have any idea what's going on?

edit:nvm, fixed after clean save

EC is not overriding Estrus - it registers the Estrus animations it uses directly with sexlab and therefore EC triggered animations use sexlab Sfx.

When you cast estrus spells the animations are provided by and handled by estrus  own animation and sound system - not sexlab, and hence you hear the sounds included in estrus....

I see, thanks that makes sense. Any way to customize the sound effects in EC? such as setting intervals, voice, etc