Modders get Ready! Dragon Age: Inquisition Release date-10-07-2014

Papajack55

Wtf is 60fps exe?

it is an inserted command line in the inquisition exe that forces the games cutscenes out of the 30 frames per second limit the game gates them at.

You just insert this:

-GameTime.MaxSimFps 60 -GameTime.ForceSimRate 60+

into the launch command in Origin or at the end of the target line of a shortcut.

it is an inserted command line in the inquisition exe that forces the games cutscenes out of the 30 frames per second limit the game gates them at.

You just insert this:

-GameTime.MaxSimFps 60 -GameTime.ForceSimRate 60+

into the launch command in Origin or at the end of the target line of a shortcut.

Yeah now that's the one thing I want them to patch on consoles. I'm capped at 30 too on cutscenes on the Xbone and of course I can't edit the .exe on there. Why did they put that cap on though ? It's perfectly fine at 60 during hardcore fights, surely cutscenes shouldn't drop 30 fps on a whim like that, I mean it's just cutscenes. It's not unplayable or anything but the sudden FPS drop makes some cutscenes bug out and I never saw the end of that Cassandra romance sex scene gawd daymmmmm 

Should not be necessary at all. This game's in need of patchwork. I still freeze constantly, even with the new NVIDIA driver. I feel very uncomfortable every time a cut-scene starts. Takes away any enjoyment I could get from watching cinematic scenes.

Well, I had the cutscene-crashes as well, but no longer since the latest patch. And even before the patch not any longer. I did the stuff recommened like disabling origin-overlay and also use the 60fps-exe.

But what really seemed to have had an impact on that was this tip I found while searching: (though I cannot verify it, I am not very technically savy, I just tried it and had no more issues even with hours of gameplay, even a new one which has a lot of cutscenes in the beginning)

In your graphic options turn down post-process quality to low and post-process antialising to medium and your problem will go away. Don't forget to restart the game for changes to take effect. Once EA issues a patch feel free to bump those settings up again, but until then this is what fixed it for me.

After that the problem indeed seemed to have been solved for me, and also didn't see much of a difference in graphics-quality (though again, I am no expert on this and think a lot of games have high graphics quality when others might say it looks cheap. Everything with graphics better than PAcman is awesome to me :shy: ). Maybe give it a try. I used this after I crash-freezed about for times in a row during a cutscene in the Witner-palace. And after these changes it immediatly worked and not a single time a crash since that, ever again. Yet maybe I am just lucky

Actually, I tried all of those steps before I posted before. :P I was sure that the new patch, along with the recommended driver version would fix the crashes, but then they happened again. Usually there's something you can do to fix any problem, but I can't seem to resolve my crashing.

It remains impossible to create an elf without the game crashing at the beginning. I suddenly went to desktop a couple days ago while playing MP. I was about to beat Threatening, dammit! Aside from that, the game never crashes. Just cut-scenes and the occasional MP crash (rare). Still, just once I'd like to be able to sit down and enjoy the cinematics without having to be worried the whole time. DAO and DA2 never crashed, even with a bunch of mods. Different engine though.

I have an nvidia and the lowest I have gone is 35 fps during heavy special effects fights but I run 45-50 fps during normal exploration. I don't see many of the problems that many people post about. The only real problem I had was my new character would not advance past the initial Fade cutscene if I was not in fullscreen, that was a weird one.

I'm rocking a EVGA GTX 650Ti with driver version 344.11 and have had zero graphical issues or crashes.  I wonder what the issue that others are having stems from?  I wonder if it is just certain brands of nvidia cards that are having issues?

Mine's a GeForce GTX 650ti. I got the driver recommended specifically for DAI, but it changed nothing. It seems extremely random. The game may not crash, or it might take like 45 seconds, or it might happen immediately. Every single cut-scene is a potential crash. My DirectX issues went away at some point in my troubleshooting, though.

One thing I figured out is never go to GeForce.com to get your drivers UNLESS your card's manufacturer states to do so.  For example, my card is made by EVGA and they do their own driver testing.  I ALWAYS get my drivers from them and only from them as they are tailored to my particular card.

I learned this the hard way by seeing an EVGA card of mine get burned up (it was an old 8800) by using the GeForce "latest" drivers.  

Food for thought anyway, as I've yet to have a single crash or slow down with DAI.....so far anyway........knock on wood.   :P

Really? I read that overclocking all but makes the game unplayable. Then again, my Alienware supposedly overclocks automatically. Haven't investigated that.

I've read a lot of things about the game...but yeah, I was using the latest from GeForce Experience, and even tried a beta release. Ended up switching to non-beta when DAI started crashing, but it didn't help much (if at all...it's random crashing, so hard to tell). I now use the recommended (specifically for DAI for NVIDIA users) driver now, with the same ol' crashing.

Still feeling pretty happy about the game though, because I finally beat a f***ing dragon! Took me a lifetime to beat that bastard, but man was it sweet! :D

NOTE:  You are free to like or hate DA:O, DA2 or DA3.  You are NOT free to insult others for liking one over the other or the same as the other or whatever.  Further insulting of others over their likes will incur warnings.

By the way, I enjoyed all three DA games.  Yes, I even enjoyed DA2 JUST AS MUCH AS DA:O.  Deal with it.  Everyone is different and has different tastes.  And no, I am NOT a console gamer.  I am an old school keyboard and mouse dude.  Ain't life grand!   :P   

you talking to me out of the heart. :)  :)

My nivida drivers are few months old by rule if it is working don't fix it.. I did not have a single crash but I'm on w7 so maybe w8 is an issue.

My graphics card is very dated (only currently) nvidia GeForce 520 and windows 7, I also had until now no crash,

although I have not updated the driver, it runs smoothly.

Actually, I tried all of those steps before I posted before. :P I was sure that the new patch, along with the recommended driver version would fix the crashes, but then they happened again. Usually there's something you can do to fix any problem, but I can't seem to resolve my crashing.

It remains impossible to create an elf without the game crashing at the beginning. I suddenly went to desktop a couple days ago while playing MP. I was about to beat Threatening, dammit! Aside from that, the game never crashes. Just cut-scenes and the occasional MP crash (rare). Still, just once I'd like to be able to sit down and enjoy the cinematics without having to be worried the whole time. DAO and DA2 never crashed, even with a bunch of mods. Different engine though.

Well, a pity then, but it was woth a shot trying to help... :)

but that's also what a PC is all about: For some stuff works, for others it doesn't. One has to admit: Consoles usually don't have THAT! :dodgy:

And to the annoying discussion DAO : DA2 : DAI I could post endless arguments, but I have enough of that over at BSN with the usual complainers that think they are the majority just because they post the same stuff constantly in every thread to make it look like that :D

Windows 8.1 user here and working fine.  I have a 3 year old alienware aurora with 12GB of RAM, i7 930 (2.8Ghz) CPU, 64 bit system, EVGA 650 Ti graphics card, creative SB x-Fi audio card.  I'm still using the 344.11 drivers from EVGA.  As windpl stated, if it ain't broke, don't fix it, when it comes to drivers.  I never upgrade until I start having problems.

Rant:

I was thinking about rolling out mage, to see if there any  differences because in DAO there was huge difference.

But god, I hate this awful pyjamas. Armour design in DAI is just awful. There is few exceptions but they are race locked or NPC locked.

And what with this Baroque altitude now, showing and unclothed ankle is a sin? Not talking about some sort of plate mail biniki but where are skirt armours (like roman/greek had - they were in DAO) or something that actually look that wearing that would be at least not uncomfortable.

Awful, just awful.

Archived