Modders get Ready! Dragon Age: Inquisition Release date-10-07-2014

Papajack55

dai where to start.

the good things. it looks awsome, the landscape the ruins the forrests praktical everything took away my breath.

the story is well done and when it comes to interaction with npcs the dialogs are very well too.

the bad things.

the thing that bothers me the most was the sidequests. practical no interaction with npcs outside the main story. felt more like a hunt for notes/sharts/what ever.

the war table, time based missions? wtf?? waiting 24 houres to get it complete??? am i playing some kind of crapy mmo that wants me to pay 5 bugs to get the mission complete in no time?

why i was collecting all the influence? i endet the main quest with all ereas unlocked and still had about 300 and nothing that i can do with it. what are the collecting missions good for? you praktical dont need them. they are just a big waste of time.

epic battles to conquer a enemy fortres. yeah, make influence to upgrade your army go to the war table and start the siege of the enemy fortres... oh no wait. 4 people coming right true the frontdoor killing all enemy forces and raising the flag. your army is just there to build a bridge or crush some rocks.

the armors are ugly as hell not to talk about the helmets. but hey you can have the ugly armor in diffrent collors if you are fine with the stats the matirial gives it otherwise you may end up with a qunarie warrior running around in pink armor. no thanks.

way to much grinding. crap loot that i didnt even piced up. fucked up controlls. the tactical cam is ways to close and insede rooms the topfew shows your caracters feet.

why do i have to push the fucking search butten anyway? to much work to have intresting things highlighted all the time?

dai was worth playing it, one time. but i dont think that i can force myself true the hell of grinding again just to see another ending.

I loved DA:O it was atmospheric gritty and had a compelling story that dragged you into the situation before you.

DA:A the expansion, I didn't like it, as it seem to trivialize the wardens uniqueness, by allowing anyone to become a warden, it just felt rushed.

DA2, Isometric tactical camera removal and weak story along with many other changes, made this game a big disappointment.

DA:I

This game has the making of being great, but just feels lacklustre.

Lots of little things snowball into a disappointing experience that just takes away any fun this game has to offer, They're many things I could list, to name one, the 'new' tactical camera is an abomination, I cant express how much I dislike this feature its just horrible.

I've yet to leave the Hinterlands which is the first zone I believe, as the game just doesn't feel right, I think I'll just say this game is big disappointment for me. Maybe Skyrim spoiled me with all its nice mods :)

Maybe Skyrim spoiled me with all its nice mods :)

precisely this is the reason why so many gripe about DAI, because all were spoiled in Skyrim with mods.

but a good play needs no mods, at least not those who need to improve the graphic! because the graphics in Skyrim was anything but good. also had to 9 patches become released, around Skyrim playable to make, or already forgotten how many bug contaminated Skyrim were?

Skyrim is still buggy to this day! lol (even with mods) BUT that's Bethesda for ya, good ideas but not really good execution.

Anyways I've spent a few hours playing and I'm still in the hinterlands. There's so a good amount of things to do but not much to explore. Plenty of battles though, bloody shields blocking my magic! >.<

New complaints would be lack of info display on everything such as hovering over party icons and nothing is shown, no numbers, names, nothing. I can't tell how much magic I'm using and what each spell will do or how much I have. It's all guessing without the info boxes. (Unless I missed a option in the menu)

Another would be I cannot talk to my companions. What do they think about what's going on or can I make us better friends or enemies through conversation, there's no way of knowing unless the quickly shows and disappears approve or disapprove shows on screen. They barely even speak to each other too. Heck where's their say in things during conversations with other characters? Plus most scenes now are done in game instead of pre-done videos. I've already hit many glitches involving these different style conversations where I cannot advance on quests.

Let's see what else was there....ah yes. The closing rift things is old VERY quickly. Like Destiny it's a wave based thing. You kill, attempt to close, kill, attempt to close, kill, etc. Boring!

The lackluster characters, lack of opinions from others, lack of communication in the group, and bland environments plus the repetitive objectives hurt the game. Origins was better by far, especially combat wise.

Oh and mages are really hit in Inquisition. Hardly a damn spell! Just Skyrim style ice, fire, and lightning. Where's the summoning? Healing? Shape shifting? Trap spells? etc.

Elves having to have tattoos plastered all over their faces, Dalish only this time much?

Not to mention the new way attributes are done. Bleh! My character is so weak and can barely cast one spell! How do we even play?! Is it now item based? I have to have a shoe that has mana boost or something? Why not take a dildo and jam it up our asses while your at it.

Hmm let's see.....there's some navigation problems for AI.

They're still all about religious BS! 'Thank the Maker!' "Maker be praised!' BLEH! >.< -_-

Are shops even there? I feel like there's nothing in game really since I just go up to a stall and click on it to buy and sell. Where's the interactions with characters again? Oh yeah no where.

I like how you have a voice at least...finally. But it sucks there's only two options. Origins had more variety but you never spoke outside actions and combat...even then it wasn't much.

Companions compared to Origins are bleh. Romance looks like crap from what I keep reading and watching. Plus no stat boosts for relations? Tch pointless feature now!

Wonder if the rest of the game will be worth the $40. I know ME1 wasn't worth even $10 I spent! ME2 was worth it. Not sure on ME3. Never going to play DA2.

Let's hope modding becomes bigger and even is a part of DAI. It needs overhauling. Graphically it's fine, Bioware stuff I care for the gameplay, story, and characters. But DAI feels the weakest of their products. The multiplayer idea though...you can see EA got that jammed in there. Microtransactions and lack of content to be future DLC. EAxis.

,shields blocking my magic! >.<

I laugh myself death.gefuehle_0121.gif

first an ice magic and then "fire free".

edit: then you have not yet against a dragon fought? that brings you to despair, not like in skyrim, 10 minutes and a few dragons scream and the dragon is dead.

here you can already times 30 minutes of to schedule and dragon fights with other bandages, if his life line reaches half then he lets out a scream and lots of little dragons come to his aid, then it will be funny.

Complaints, Opinions and Personal preferences not catered to by Bioware!

I have a feeling you will NOT enjoy this game no matter what :dodgy: Most of the stuff is pretty amusing, some relevant and legit, yet it seems more personal opinions and preferences and not so much the quality of the game I'd say. But each his/her own... :)

The rant about the religious BS though I find highly amusing...religion in a medieval-based world really seems to piss off some real-world atheists?

But before inevitable fanboi-accusation burn me to ashes: I do not like the font they used for the menus! This is the worst Bioware-Game evah! (I have other issues, for example partly the main plot, but what is that compared to the terrible FONT!)

P.S. Closing rifts is like that: Kill all enemies around the rift, wait for second wave, then close rift. If you "disrupt" the rift while fighting, it weakens or stuns enemies still around the rift. No way to really close it when demons are still around. And yeah...it can grow old after a while, but gladly its only there for XP-Reasons, like, well, almost all kind of fights in RPGs..

PPS: No summoning in the older DA-Games as well. Only if you were a bard in DAO, the wisp does not count. Shapeshifting was useless, why have a mage that can turn into a spider? Have him cast spells!. Trap spells are there, in Elemental-Mine-Form

PPPS: Not meant as insult or attack - DAI has issues, but the more I read some of them, the more I find them amusing, and some are outright forced, because so much is simply nitpicking and the DAO-Comparisons got really old by now. Peace! I hope you find some value in the game though, not a lot of Triple-AAA RPGs will be around in the future :)

Religion plays a big role in Dragon Age because it's simply true in that universe. Just like in TES where gods really exist. Dragon Age has a tendency to introduce certain myths, beliefs and cults and later reveals them to be true, albeit not in the exact shape and form the believers imagine it. I mean, Andraste's ashes really do cure any disease or poisoning. I'm pretty sure later installments of the series will tell you that the maker really exists, but not exactly how the chantry preaches it.

the only thing that me huge disturbs, the most has a hint of French medieval and then have a lot of NPCs those ugly masks on, also French styl.

I thought Bioware would be an American company but maybe there working, too many French "immigrants".

Bioware is a Canadian company, where 1 of the 2 official languages is French

the only thing that me huge disturbs, the most has a hint of French medieval and then have a lot of NPCs those ugly masks on, also French styl.

I thought Bioware would be an American company but maybe there working, too many French "immigrants".

Bioware is a Canadian company, where 1 of the 2 official languages is French

thanks for the explanation, then everything is clear why so many French elements are present in this game. :)

edit: they could but also these masks use would at least better have looked. :P

feder-maske-mit-griff-schwarz-146-129153

http://cdn.deguisetoi.fr/images/rep_articles/gra/lo/loup-v-nitien-noir-et-violet-sur-tige-adulte_218105.jpg

So .. .should they rather wear ... cowboy-hats if Bioware was an american company? I am confused! :D

But some masks are truly stupid-looking, especially the male ones with the beard...would have been cooler if they had inspired themselves with the masks the Dark Empire uses in the Hawkmoon-series by Michael Moorcock...

I've been ridiculing people for using tats since game one, now it turns out they're actually slave markings...hah.

No slave markings!

it are markings for dwarfs it is the "outcastes" of Orzammar.

not the Dalish tattoos, these tattoos are called "Vallaslin" and get the Dalish when they adult become. :D

So .. .should they rather wear ... cowboy-hats if Bioware was an american company? I am confused! :D

But some masks are truly stupid-looking, especially the male ones with the beard...would have been cooler if they had inspired themselves with the masks the Dark Empire uses in the Hawkmoon-series by Michael Moorcock...

canada and america for me is the same, is on the "North American continent" and above all have the same language. :)  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

I've been ridiculing people for using tats since game one, now it turns out they're actually slave markings...hah.

No slave markings!

not the Dalish tattoos, these tattoos are called "Vallaslin" and get the Dalish when they adult become. :D

and they are slave markings that grew in to tradition.

No slave markings!

and they are slave markings that grew in to tradition.

sorry, I've googled and have found out that only one had an slave tattoo.

it was Fenris.

0.jpg

if you pretend something else, then prove your statement. :P

DAI

2 out of 5 stars

Has some good things but many problems and changes that make it less memorable than DAO, but seems to be a way back to the good when compared to DA2. But still in the end was a disappointment. Maybe in a few years (if EAxis doesn't do something) we can see a worthy sequel (with no microtransactions, damn it EA).

I think you're letting the problems you personally had with the game influence your scoring. Having played the game from start to finish and completing almost everything I can say that yes the game has it's flaws but at the same time is very well done. The story is fun, the characters are hilarious especially Sera and Iron Bull, the lands are gorgeous not to mention huge, the CC is a vast improvement over the DAO and DA2 CCs, and the crafting system is fun to play with.

My only complaints with the game. Obviously the lack of proper modding tools, the excessive load times of course I found a fix for that, the nasty pajamas they MAKE us wear, the use of Race and gender locks on romance partners and a general lack of romance options, the crafting system needed just a little more variety in armor designs/Colors (I wanted the Tavinter robes), The game needed an NPC or something like the Face sculptor in Skyrim so players could change their appearance whenever they wanted to, and the MP was basically just ME3 MP v2.0 without guns.

I personally would rate DA:I a solid 7.5 if not for the romance things and those Pajamas I'd have rated the game an 8 to 8.5.

http://variety.com/2014/digital/news/dragon-age-inquisition-wins-game-of-the-year-at-the-game-awards-1201372579/

http://heavy.com/games/2014/12/dragon-age-inquisition-wins-game-of-the-year-at-the-game-awards/

goty2014.jpg

This is a bit much though. Game of the Year? Has the "Year" in question fallen so far that DAI is the best it offered? The whole game feels like a dragged-out DLC to another game. It's a chore to play, and playing it twice would be seriously tedious.

I'd rather go up against an epic ogre battle, with full cinema. That's right. An ogre is not all that special, but DAO made an appearance from an ogre look and feel epic, and the fights were not easy. A fight that is not easy in DAI usually consists of a "damage sponge". An enemy that is way tougher than it should be.

We need a new epic game. Something that can pick up where the ME trilogy and DAO left off. I fear greatly for Mass Effect 4. Game's basically "dead in the water". Go ahead and try to make another Shepard. EA is a different company now. Bioware could have done it, but EA is there telling them why their ideas are better. I miss "old" Bioware...

I wouldn't go so far as to say DA:I is GOTY material they would have needed to work a lot harder and added a lot more features to pull that off.

A Prime example would be the Ball where you and your companions show up in matching outfits regardless of gender. I personally would have had the men in the "nutcracker" outfit and any women in the party wearing some nice dresses tailored to what ever region they were from.

Edit: ME4 or whatever the hell they intend to call it seriously scares me, not only is it being made with the same engine as DA:I but very little info has been released i.e it's working title.

Archived