Modders get Ready! Dragon Age: Inquisition Release date-10-07-2014

Papajack55

Final patch for DA2 is many years behind us, and some quests are still bugged while the devs only given solution is: "use console".

I sincerely hope Inquisition is better.

DA2 ... well, yes ... the step-child of the series. Rushed, unfinished, eventually abandoned. I like the little hints at that like Hawke says: The chantry called for an Exalted March, but it never came" ... I wonder how this DLC had been for DA2 withotu the game being mediocre and all the backlash that was building up (and still was harmless compared to ME3)

BTW, Patch is out for DAI today, mostly technical problems being adressed. Anyone suffering from bugs might wanna check it out (though probably not new news for most ^^)

Final patch for DA2 is many years behind us, and some quests are still bugged while the devs only given solution is: "use console".

I sincerely hope Inquisition is better.

DA2 ... well, yes ... the step-child of the series. Rushed, unfinished, eventually abandoned. I like the little hints at that like Hawke says: The chantry called for an Exalted March, but it never came" ... I wonder how this DLC had been for DA2 withotu the game being mediocre and all the backlash that was building up (and still was harmless compared to ME3)

BTW, Patch is out for DAI today, mostly technical problems being adressed. Anyone suffering from bugs might wanna check it out (though probably not new news for most ^^)

Did they fix the influence book vendor bug?

Did they fix the influence book vendor bug?

I have no clue. To be honest I am not running a list of bugs/glitches etc for any game, like some others might do and constantly write about these "issues" in the forums. I mostly simply play the game, because most stuff is neither game-breaking or anything else and don't deny me any fun.

The only annoying bug I had was durign cutscenes with DirectX/Graphic-Cards. But that never happened again for, like a week or so. Vendor-Bug? Never heard of it.  Again I play the game to gather influence and power, never used that guy :)

Did they fix the hideous character models? Looking at that Vaseline elf makes me want to puke.

Play human or don't play this game at all. Well, dwarfes are okay too if that's your thing, but elves and qunari look like absolute shite.

Knowing Bioware and EA, they won't fix anything at all. But they will sell DLC.

Did they fix the hideous character models? Looking at that Vaseline elf makes me want to puke.

Play human or don't play this game at all. Well, dwarfes are okay too if that's your thing, but elves and qunari look like absolute shite.

Pft...if you call her shite then I do not udnerstand the meaning of that...

qpkw1h.jpg

qpkw1h.jpg

I didn't mean the face. Run around in your PJ and you'll see what I mean, the body proportions of elves are just horrible in general, giant head, narrow shoulders and stick figure arm and legs. Male elves look even worse, with their twisted arms that are glued to their ribcage: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Inquisition/Male-Elf-model-and-its-problems/td-p/4104509

Qunari have that armor 'bug' going on where many armors that are not crafted end up being invisible meaning you are running around in that horrible PJ. But tbh I doubt it's a bug, it was just Bioware being lazy and forgot to add even more racial restrictions to armors so Qunari can't wear them.

qpkw1h.jpg

This face looks aweful indeed, is this console screen or PC screens graphics looks like from couple of years back.

This face looks aweful indeed, is this console screen or PC screens graphics looks like from couple of years back.

Yeah, whatever...as usual ... :rolleyes:

Them haters are always going to hate.   :P

Isn't that known as "Insanity"? the same haters bitching about the same things from the same developers repeatedly expecting a different outcome? :P

By now its actually kinda funny. Some people really are on some kind of "Exalted March" it seems. But at least here its only ONE thread, and mostly one user + a couple of snide posts from others.

Over at BSN however...oh the joy and bliss of people complaining about the most nonsensical "Problems". I really love DAI. Not perfect, but perfectly likeable. However, by now I have reached the point I would defend the game no matter what, even if I'd hated it myself ... just to piss off the usual suspects and their constant moaning and groaning.... :dodgy:  

By now its actually kinda funny. Some people really are on some kind of "Exalted March" it seems. But at least here its only ONE thread, and mostly one user + a couple of snide posts from others.

Over at BSN however...oh the joy and bliss of people complaining about the most nonsensical "Problems". I really love DAI. Not perfect, but perfectly likeable. However, by now I have reached the point I would defend the game no matter what, even if I'd hated it myself ... just to piss off the usual suspects and their constant moaning and groaning.... :dodgy:  

I'm going all fanboy too looking at the ridiculous complains the game gets, and mostly from PC users too. This is utter bullshit, I love my games on the PC but if I stumble upon one AAA game that runs more smoothly and has less issues on a console, I'm not going to shit my pants over the graphical bullshit, I'll just wait for patches and play then. Or get the fucking console already instead of looking like a 14 year old having to ask his dad for electronics, or a guy who can't afford a 300€ console (okay, I know, it's expensive, but it's another problem entirely and has nothing to do with the game itself, more like their own situation hence -> still don't give a fuck). 

Have you seen metacritic lately ? I don't even know why they allow user to post reviews nowadays, on the Xbox One review section you have little PC "master race" cunts crying for their cut scenes being at 30 FPS, or some textures being downsized, like it's the end of the world. I swear, take the very few mature people from the PC gamer community, and you get a bunch of gonorrhea bacteria.  

I think the most ridiculous statement yet are the complains about the story. Like "it doesn't make sense" or like "too much talking" or "I can't understand anything that's going on, what's the Fade lolz". I mean god damn, I talked half an hour with a 15 year old student of mine, and he didn't seem to have issues following the story or liking it for that matter. Maybe it's about time people stopped blindly buying games if they don't know what kind of stuff they're getting, it's not like DAI is the first of the genre, and it's not like BioWare didn't warn people about their games being story related and not action ones. Fucking hell. 

I'm going all fanboy too looking at the ridiculous complains the game gets, and mostly from PC users too. This is utter bullshit, I love my games on the PC but if I stumble upon one AAA game that runs more smoothly and has less issues on a console, I'm not going to shit my pants over the graphical bullshit, I'll just wait for patches and play then. Or get the fucking console already instead of looking like a 14 year old having to ask his dad for electronics, or a guy who can't afford a 300€ console (okay, I know, it's expensive, but it's another problem entirely and has nothing to do with the game itself, more like their own situation hence -> still don't give a fuck). 

Have you seen metacritic lately ? I don't even know why they allow user to post reviews nowadays, on the Xbox One review section you have little PC "master race" cunts crying for their cut scenes being at 30 FPS, or some textures being downsized, like it's the end of the world. I swear, take the very few mature people from the PC gamer community, and you get a bunch of gonorrhea bacteria.  

I think the most ridiculous statement yet are the complains about the story. Like "it doesn't make sense" or like "too much talking" or "I can't understand anything that's going on, what's the Fade lolz". I mean god damn, I talked half an hour with a 15 year old student of mine, and he didn't seem to have issues following the story or liking it for that matter. Maybe it's about time people stopped blindly buying games if they don't know what kind of stuff they're getting, it's not like DAI is the first of the genre, and it's not like BioWare didn't warn people about their games being story related and not action ones. Fucking hell. 

they talk about the fade in the last two games if it doesnt go to the wiki and itll tell you what it is

ps master pc race for life

The fade isn't merely "talked about" in the previous games, you got to go there. The stuff going on in the fade in DA:O was far weirder than DA:I imo

There are obvious design restrictions that limit the game because it's a console game, look at the skill trees and the number of activate-able abilities you can have at the "soft cap". You are always restricted to 8, because why? Because control pads only have so many buttons to utilise, and the skill tree's suffer as a result forcing double points in skills that require button presses. You might argue "you can choose to invest the extra point to make them more powerful" but in my opinion, if I order a pint, and I receive half a pint, I'm going to ask "where the fuck is the rest?" some skills are simply bad unless they have 2 points. It's not like they couldn't have had the second point be a new skill that is active during the cooldown of the primary, so the icon flips over to ability X-2 after using X instead of staying on greyed out X, it would be functional on a game-pad, it wouldn't require more buttons, but they went the lazy route.

Does that mean I'm advocating that DA:I is a terrible game? No, it means I believe it could have been better if they weren't scared of "complicating things for consoles" there are solutions to these things, I mention one thing they could have done off the top of my head, but it feels like either:

- They believe console players can't handle multiple abilities.

- They were fucking lazy and used a "console focus" as an excuse for it.

It's not just PC gamers that complain about thing like this, it's simply that PC gamers are more vocal about it. Think about this way; not saying "I don't like it" is not the same as saying "I like it". And saying "I don't like X, Y and Z" is not the same as saying "I hate the whole damned thing".

qpkw1h.jpg

Do you know which elven god that Vallaslin is supposed to represent? I eludes me entirely, perhaps one the "forgotten ones", which is interesting. It would mean your clan is unique in remembering that god, as well as being unique for how far north it resides... maybe both are connected I wonder, hmmm

Do you know which elven god that Vallaslin is supposed to represent? I eludes me entirely, perhaps one the "forgotten ones", which is interesting. It would mean your clan is unique in remembering that god, as well as being unique for how far north it resides... maybe both are connected I wonder, hmmm

Very heavy spoiler for the game, especially if you play an elf that's romancing Solas. Read at your own risk.

Those tattoos are slave markings. The dalish just don't know shit about their elven culture and cling to whatever scrap they can, even if it means applying a slave mark as a sign of maturity. Quite ironic, actually. Considering how they like to put themselves above humans.

Regardless of what they are or were, they should represent one of the elven gods. The markings in that pic don't represent the 8 that had been determined from DA:O so it only leaves Fen'Harel (Though it's unlikely there would ever be vallaslin representing him) or forgotten ones. Although it could be a sad case that they were added to be a subtle tattoo for people who wanted to create a "pretty elf" but I hope that isn't true

ps master pc race for life

Woah, gonorrhea on LoversLab, who'd have thought. I would love to find whoever started that "PC master race" trend and shove an entire lamp post up his ass. 

As far as I know, it started as a joke on Zero Punctuation and has since become an actual rallying cry for PC superiority. The episode in question was actually The Witcher. Apparently it is Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw's fault. The episode if you wish to see for yourself: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/22-The-Witcher

Archived