Modders get Ready! Dragon Age: Inquisition Release date-10-07-2014

Papajack55

Beware of DirectX issues with DAI! I was crashing relentlessly during cut-scenes, but I just now got sent to desktop in the middle of an online battle.

NVIDIA users like me seem to be getting the D more than most. I can't really play it at all. Started after about 15 hours of play time. None of the solutions I've gotten worked. Reinstalling C++ 2012 update 4 did nothing, running the DirectX setup did nothing, Windowed Full-screen and the Ambient "whatchamacallit" option in Graphics change nothing, and I've recently added DAI to my NVIDIA Control Panel to be run on Maximum Power, so we'll see how that goes.

Drivers will need an update before it can be run without issues, at least for some people. I use a GeForce GTX 650 Ti. Nothing but problems, especially during cut-scenes. Beware!

Yep, had that issue only twice now during cutscenes. But very early and in Haven, ever since its quite stable and not a game-breaker so far. Maybe it also helps to prevent frustration on my part  that I am constantly saving anyway before expecting a new cutscene, because I want to vid-capture most of them with my Inquisitor...

BTW ... if you want to enhance the cutscenes look for the 60 FPS fix, it mostly removes the annoying stuttering in the scenes

according to EA, Dragon Age: Inquisition is "fine-tuned for excellent mouse and keyboard play"

http://www.pcgamer.com/dragon-age-inquisition-system-requirements-revealed/

Dragon Age Inquisition: Incoming Patch Will Fix Frame Rate And AMD/Nvidia Driver Support Issues

” He then lists the issues as driver support, hitching and frame rate issues in cutscenes, feedback on the keyboard and mouse controls (though I personally think this game should be played with a controller) and general UI optimizations for PC.

Sounds like they've released a goddamn beta.

Just about every game is released unfinished now. Why must companies push so hard for a quick release? Are they fucking retarded? If a car was made, and the brakes aren't working properly, will you sell the car, and worry about giving them a "free brake checkup" coupon later?

If a game isn't working right, don't fucking release it! It's not finished! There is no excuse for a worldwide release of a game still in Beta! EA just keeps doing this!

They pushed the fps to 30, and locked it there, so the lips of the characters could sync better with their dialogue. Lips weren't syncing properly, so they lowered the fps? We need a LL modder on the team, dammit! Shit like that would NOT fly here!

You need make a shortcut from your DragonAgeInquisition.exe, right-click it, and choose Properties.

At the end of the file path in Target, add _GameTime.MaxSimFps 60 -GameTime.ForceSimRate 60+ to the end of the line, so it looks like this:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Dragon Age Inquisition\DragonAgeInquisition.exe" -GameTime.MaxSimFps 60 -GameTime.ForceSimRate 60+

Run the game from the shortcut to unlock the full potential of the game's frame rate. Do not use the shortcut to play online MP. Use the original game exe to do that.

This means you must decide beforehand if you wanna play MP, or SP. There is no deciding to play MP if you've already started the game with the shortcut.

As for DirectX crashes, I can't help you there. NVIDIA will just need to release a new driver version (not Beta!).

I'm ashamed to say it, but this game needs mods, if only to get the game to play right. And the graphics are confused, it seems. I'm sorry, but there's no way the game is pushing enough pixels to stutter my PC. I have 4096 textures all over my Skyrim, and even if I'm literally flying through the game, over heavily modded water, grass, and creatures, the game stays perfect. Turning DAI up to even High crushes my comp, apparently. Ultra is out entirely. There is some kind of problem there as well. Makes no sense. I figured Ultra would be too low...

Anyone else getting a warning that Origin online is unavailable? Nothing I do will take Origin online. Saw some stupid-ass YouTube vids suggesting to change Lan setting in Windows Settings (untick use proxy), but everyone's Lan setting will already be unticked by default. Added Origin to Windows Firewall exceptions, but that was useless, so I quickly changed that back.

Wtf? Is that it? No online? No achievements, no MP, no checking any game for updates, no way to solve it, no nothing?

NVM. The second I said that, that's when Origin decided to go online. Been trying for hours, and I post about it, and less than 5 seconds later, it worked :-/ Annoying.

Well, time to try this heap online again. MP here I come! (please don't crash again)

Been watching several DA:I LPs on Youtube. Have to admit, the game's graphics doesn't look all that much better than The Witcher 2. Oh, and that "item scan" feature (v key) looks pretty much like the one in The Witcher 2 (not a total a rip off, of course!). It's a typical Bioware RPG, made with the same formula with a few enhancements. Works for some people.

NVIDIA will just need to release a new driver version (not Beta!).

Does that even make any sense? Have they developed and tested the game using drivers that doesn't even exist yet? If they had properly tested the game using the existing drivers before release, they should have been aware of all the issues.

Does that even make any sense? Have they developed and tested the game using drivers that doesn't even exist yet? If they had properly tested the game using the existing drivers before release, they should have been aware of all the issues. 

From what I read, NVIDIA is actually working to get all of these DAI problems fixed, specifically. It would seem beta testers were at a low this time around... <_<

NVIDIA users are getting crashes left and right with DAI. I'm surprised I haven't crashed during a benchmark run. Another case of an EA game not being ready yet.

I had to uninstall my Beta version of the newest driver and reinstall it to get the game to stop giving the DirectX error. Still seeing a lot of the desktop though, and sometimes it'll toss you out of a MP battle. Just have to start another match. Sucks, since I'm so addicted to DAI MP.

Saw some more videos, the story is annoying social commentary and of the gameplay there is none to be seen, the game will be made fun of everywhere and still turn a profit. Saw it coming in ME2 and have been repeating myself since then.

Annoying social commentary?

In the last 3 games they have probably been going trough a checklist to know if they have tackled every modern issue their corporate ladder tells them to tackle, I can't really explain it to you if you don't see blatant propaganda in their story writing.

You can't explain it, that the story is annoying social commentary, to me if I don't see blatant propaganda in their story writing?

What do you consider to be blatant propaganda from their last 3 games then?

In the last 3 games they have probably been going trough a checklist to know if they have tackled every modern issue their corporate ladder tells them to tackle, I can't really explain it to you if you don't see blatant propaganda in their story writing.

You can't explain it, that the story is annoying social commentary, to me if I don't see blatant propaganda in their story writing?

They made Dorian a gay guy whose father first disowned him, then hated him enough to attempt a blood magic ritual to force him to like pussy.

If you can't see the sjw pandering in that, well...ignorance is bliss. Some people can look past this and play the game, some can't.

They made Dorian a gay guy whose father first disowned him, then hated him enough to attempt a blood magic ritual to force him to like pussy.

If you can't see the sjw pandering in that, well...ignorance is bliss. Some people can look past this and play the game, some can't.

I ... actually don't get it ... I sadly clicked the spoiler (didn't got that far in that storyline), but that is the issue here? The so-called propaganda? Really?

Well, whatever ... I am a bit dissapointed now that the entire "hole in the sky and demons invading Thedas"-story obviously is only about the same-sex-propaganda by Bioware? *chuckles* :blink:

Guess what else sucks:

The retarded elf that looks more like a dwarf (Sera) won't hook up with a male. Also, she doesn't want an elf! She's attracted to female Qunari more than anything. I haven't tried to hook up with her (and I never will), but the Strategy Guide tells me so.

You should be able to hook up with anyone no matter the gender or race so things like this can't be pointed at and argued about. It's controversial, and it doesn't have to be.

The worst part is, I went through the Eluvian with Morrigan as a female, but if you try to add that to the "Keep" (lazy way of not importing saves), they force you to change your used PC from DAO to a male. If you romanced Morrigan as a female, it will make you change it to a guy. If you performed the "ritual" with her, guy.

They pulled down their pants, squatted down, and took a big ol' shit on Equal Love.Chunky_Poop_Icon_by_scarletrivers.png

What's worse? The Keep doesn't see my DA2 characters! Got done beating DA2, fired up the Keep, and no blood mage!

Whether you're a girl or a guy, the option to flirt with Cassandra comes up in every conversation, but a girl can't hook up with her. That option should not exist if you can't hook up with someone. Got the same thing with Vivienne, but NO ONE can hook up with her. Not even a kiss, like Bella from DAO, or Kaitlyn (from...DAO).

So far, the only person I'd even consider hooking up with is Josephine. I may not even hook up with anyone. No one interests me in this game. Merril was a sure thing in DA2, and banging Isabella is something I had to do each time. Leliana and/or Morrigan were good options in DAO. In DAI I would sooner avoid romance with these characters than persue it.

I would have hooked up with Cassandra, but this happened --> post-111270-0-01160500-1416860315_thumb.png

On a side-note, being a hardass in this game leads to constant disapproval. The only time I've used a renegade option and gotten approval was with Varric (gotta love Varric). Either you're nice all the time, or you're disliked by all.

And how do you get a healing spell?? I don't see one in Solas' spell list. If there is no healing spell, or you have to be a Spirit Healer to get one, I will be dying an Awful lot.

I wonder what the whorehouse in this game is like. Interested to see if they finally added sex. There is no other purpose for a whorehouse, afterall.

Also, this game needs hair mods. The current options are pretty bad. Bioware employees seem to have something against long hair.

I ... actually don't get it ... I sadly clicked the spoiler (didn't got that far in that storyline), but that is the issue here? The so-called propaganda? Really?

Well, whatever ... I am a bit dissapointed now that the entire "hole in the sky and demons invading Thedas"-story obviously is only about the same-sex-propaganda by Bioware? *chuckles* :blink:

No, I'm still going to play the game, I adored Origins far too much not to finish the series.

It's just...

1264c9f620e5f490e005320d658fa9fba9433ff2

Statement 1: The story is annoying social commentary.

Explanation: The writing suffers in exchange for pandering to group x,y,z.

Statement 2: I can not really explain it to you, if you don't see blatant propaganda in their story writing

Explanation: If you don't see as I do then I can't explain it to you because we see the world differently, this is also not a place to hold politik talk beyond a offhand remark like I did.

Here this is an example of how pandering or taking a political alignment destroys credibility, relevance and creativity.

Propaganda may be too strong a word but it is the use of a means to promote a political point of view which the writers have to follow because suits fear their stocks may plummet if one of their games so much as gives a hint of not following modern political doctrine.

Issues may be tackled and writers will have their biases but if it is shoved down our throats it stops being a work of art and instead becomes pravda. Take a look at DAO in which elf dude was gay because it was acceptable in his society VS hangar pilot dude in ME3 who was gay because they needed more gay lest it not meet the gay quota.

DAI is better than Skyrim.

You don't have to install 300 skyrim mods to get on the DAI level.

SPOKE LIKE A TRUE CONSOLE PEASANT!

I was curious of people reaction.

Comparing Skyrim to Dragon Age 3 isn't good. Becouse there was a huge gap between their releases. More matching would be Dragon Age 2 or Witcher 2.

Sadly we can only count on the Witcher 3 to beat Dragon Age 3 becouse Bethesda isn't going to make Skyrim 2, anytime soon.

There's still no storage to stash your gear as far as I can see. I had to use a mod while playing DA:O which adds a chest in the camp and it was pretty useful. Is it really that hard to do for Bioware? Well, at least, Bethesda cares more about us, hoarders.

I have Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 I encounter no game crashing. Some fps stutter now and then, but jump back from 35 to 60fps. Sit here read page after page nobody talk about texture issues. Hairs and Beards god awful! I swear look like wigs! Disappointed with hair options. Desperately need mod support asap. Four disc install? Thank you letting remember why I hate Final Fantasy during Playstation era. Lucky me only cost me 10$. Nice having friend beta test at EA. ;)

Statement 1: The story is annoying social commentary.

Explanation: The writing suffers in exchange for pandering to group x,y,z.

Statement 2: I can not really explain it to you, if you don't see blatant propaganda in their story writing

Explanation: If you don't see as I do then I can't explain it to you because we see the world differently, this is also not a place to hold politik talk beyond a offhand remark like I did.

Here this is an example of how pandering or taking a political alignment destroys credibility, relevance and creativity.

Propaganda may be too strong a word but it is the use of a means to promote a political point of view which the writers have to follow because suits fear their stocks may plummet if one of their games so much as gives a hint of not following modern political doctrine.

Issues may be tackled and writers will have their biases but if it is shoved down our throats it stops being a work of art and instead becomes pravda. Take a look at DAO in which elf dude was gay because it was acceptable in his society VS hangar pilot dude in ME3 who was gay because they needed more gay lest it not meet the gay quota.

Fuck it, don't care enough, and would rather play than write angry words on the net

Archived