Modders get Ready! Dragon Age: Inquisition Release date-10-07-2014

Papajack55

The real kicker is that the sales haven't exploded like the anti-piracy groups always claimed they would, in fact they're barely noticable.

Additionally, I've heard the bypass will actually improve game performance, so I reckon anybody who doesn't do multiplayer will want a piece of it as well.

Sadly Frostbite 3 isn't the best engine they could have chosen then throwing Denuvo into the mix poor performance was going to be a given especially if you don't have a high performance PC.

One of my friends who got the game last week returned it in a day because the game kept freezing on him periodically during chargen and even during the game play itself. The only thing I could come up with given his PC specs met the minimum reqs for DAI was that Denuvo is what was causing him problems.

Honestly I do think it was stupid using a fairly "new" DRM on such a high profile game like DAI especially when it's a well known fact that gamers hate amd I mean HATE DRMs.

Well unfortunately just like DA2 there will be no toolset for DAI so modding and such is going to be extremely difficult if even possible. As far as the game goes, it's quite cinematic and pretty but the controls stink. One of the key elements to good game design was totally ignored, make the game function well first. A pretty environment and people is all very nice, but if it does not function well, then it is merely pretty pictures. In the near future I will be developing a game and selecting some folks from here and a few other places to work on it. Then I can finally show what a game should function like. It may not be as pretty as all the award winners, but it will be fun to play because it will work.

I hear ya. In my case, I have to make a game. Sure as hell will work better than DAI. If it doesn't, I'll fail my class. :P

Tired of crashes. I can't enjoy the story at all, because every time a cinematic scene starts, I get really worried that my game is about to freeze, and I'm almost always right.

Went away after a while on my first game, but had to restart because the Keep wasn't reading my damned saved character info. Crashing problem came back even worse, and it remains impossible to start the game with an elf. Had to reinstall punk-ass Origin, and activate Cloud Storage to get the Keep to see the saves. So, if you didn't use Cloud Storage, you will have to do the same damn thing.

Well unfortunately just like DA2 there will be no toolset for DAI so modding and such is going to be extremely difficult if even possible. As far as the game goes, it's quite cinematic and pretty but the controls stink. One of the key elements to good game design was totally ignored, make the game function well first. A pretty environment and people is all very nice, but if it does not function well, then it is merely pretty pictures. In the near future I will be developing a game and selecting some folks from here and a few other places to work on it. Then I can finally show what a game should function like. It may not be as pretty as all the award winners, but it will be fun to play because it will work.

Without Editor this game will die quickly. Why they didn't think of it? Why they won't release a world editor, there is freakin multiplayer. Just imagine those custom campaigns for coop made by fans and many other custom maps ( puzzles , survivals etc )

It could be just like a Warcraft 3 or Neverwinter Nights and Dragon Age 3 could live for a very long time.

Damn I had so many good times with NwN multi where I was playing as a shapeshifter and i could turn into a dragon ( or sorcerer ) * memories*

Even replacing a AI controlled companions in the campaign with your friend would be sweet too.

OK in all honesty I would have preferred that they hadn't even added MP but that is how EA is they won't green light ANY game now a days unless it has a MP option on it which pretty much kills any chance of having modding tools released for the game since they can be used to make UBER armor and weapons that give players an unfair advantage in online play.

I like DAI but with this always adding MP to games and now them adding Denuvo which DOES cause issues with game performance I'm seriously considering making DAI my last EA game purchase.

You guys are kinda behind on the current scene, might want to check my post here to know what is going on with the mod scene for DA:I:

http://www.loverslab.com/topic/39573-is-dragonage-inquisition-modable/page-2?do=findComment&comment=1006127

Or if you are to lazy to do that, this is the source of it all ;p

http://daitools.freeforums.org/index.php

No exe or duevno hacking needed.

I'm sorry but simply adding new textures and/or armors to the game is not true modding like we have for games like the original Dragon age game or even the Elder Scrolls and Fallout games. What is right there is Mass Effect style modding nothing more.

I'm sorry but simply adding new textures and/or armors to the game is not true modding like we have for games like the original Dragon age game or even the Elder Scrolls and Fallout games. What is right there is Mass Effect style modding nothing more.

WTF?  There is no such thing as "true" modding.  Modding is modding.  It doesn't matter if it is a simple hack or a complete over-haul.  

Besides, how in the crap can you compare a game that has developer made (and released) mod tools to one that doesn't.  If anyone deserves a pat on the back it is the DAI and ME modders for freaking creating tools from scratch, to change things in a game that the developer went to great pains to prevent.  Oh, and you also need to check your facts, the ME modders have done FAR MORE than change textures\armor.  One look at the happy ending mod is all the proof of that one could need.

yes ME explorer opened up the ability to do more with ME but until that was released the best you could do was replace textures with texmod. The whole point is that without proper modding tools the game will not have any longevity within the modding world just like DA2 or ME 1-3. They released a few hundred mods for Mass effect then the modding stopped and the same thing happened with other games who were not given proper tools.

Modding a game without them becomes to labor intensive and a complete pain in the ass, yes it's impressive what can be done without proper tools but the REALLY impressive mods won't and can't be made without them.

Another example would be The Witcher 2 it was released without modding tools and there was little to no modding being done for it then they finally released modding tools for TW2 but by the time they did no one cared about modding TW2 and I don't want to see DA:I  head down the same road.

yes ME explorer opened up the ability to do more with ME but until that was released the best you could do was replace textures with texmod. The whole point is that without proper modding tools the game will not have any longevity within the modding world just like DA2 or ME 1-3. They released a few hundred mods for Mass effect then the modding stopped and the same thing happened with other games who were not given proper tools.

Modding a game without them becomes to labor intensive and a complete pain in the ass, yes it's impressive what can be done without proper tools but the REALLY impressive mods won't and can't be made without them.

Another example would be The Witcher 2 it was released without modding tools and there was little to no modding being done for it then they finally released modding tools for TW2 but by the time they did no one cared about modding TW2 and I don't want to see DA:I  head down the same road.

Then close your eyes. Because it will. :P

Yeah but yelling at the people who at least try to mod the game won't get you anywhere. Blame EA and Bioware for that. Well, blaming them won't get you anywhere neither but at least you're pointing at the ones responsible for making the game almost impossible to mod.

Dragon Age went Online MP on the Frostbite engine, and someone managed to make texture AND mesh modding possible for it. No complaints here! :) It'll give me something to do.

Now, if the game has really been unpacked, we can make weapon mods for it. Would be a rather interesting kind of mod to create, considering the Crafting system. Variations and different skins/colors could be added to weapons with pre-selected ingredients. This may cause a lot of friggin work per weapon, however. :P I'd jump on staffs right away.

I'm gonna be a happy man if I can use a home-made weapon. :D

It's a console game that you people don't get it this is beyond me:(

EA don't give damn about PC same as Ubisoft and both should be boycot if you have any hope for PC taken serious.

So many games released for PC that suck becaouse of terible console port bah:(

I think they are just afraid that they can't sell their shitty mini-DLCs if they make modding possible.

I just wonder .. what games actually have mod-tools as powerful as Skyrim? And even those are ... sometimes limited. I think its close to hysteria sometimes when people are complaining endlessly about "the game is not moddable, greedy bastards!" ... (with the irony that shitty mini-DLCs have been invented by Bethesda...I always find that funny. Glad they at least seem to abandon this by now)

But some more hair would nevertheless be a welcome addition as a mod :P

I think they are just afraid that they can't sell their shitty mini-DLCs if they make modding possible.

I just wonder .. what games actually have mod-tools as powerful as Skyrim? And even those are ... sometimes limited. I think its close to hysteria sometimes when people are complaining endlessly about "the game is not moddable, greedy bastards!" ... (with the irony that shitty mini-DLCs have been invented by Bethesda...I always find that funny. Glad they at least seem to abandon this by now)

Half-Life

Make fps in to sport car game or rts. lol skyrim can hide its ass.

All things considered, the average player ends up getting more if the game has modding tools. Bethesda has a habit of releasing unstable and utterly unfinished games, fully knowing the modding communities will finish their job for them and chisel the game to perfection so they don't have to. This is a dick thing to do for sure, but I'm 100% certain that even if they held the game back for 2-3 more years and released a flawless product everybody would talk about for the next decade, we still wouldn't get half as much content we got with the mods.

EA could capitalize as well as Bethesda did, if only they weren't morons with no business sense.

All things considered, the average player ends up getting more if the game has modding tools. Bethesda has a habit of releasing unstable and utterly unfinished games, fully knowing the modding communities will finish their job for them and chisel the game to perfection so they don't have to. This is a dick thing to do for sure, but I'm 100% certain that even if they held the game back for 2-3 more years and released a flawless product everybody would talk about for the next decade, we still wouldn't get half as much content we got with the mods.

EA could capitalize as well as Bethesda did, if only they weren't morons with no business sense.

Hmm...maybe a problem again is: Consoles? Why design your game from the very start to be moddable, put money and effort in this ... if only a very small (compared to consoles) part of the customers will ever use it? Not sure though if this is a credible reason as I am no tech-expert. but yes, that Beth-Games are moddable is a huge plus on their behalf...but if that is the price for their crappy story-telling? Well, than I'd rather have another company like bioware that focuses more on that instead of making mods...

I really don't need my Inquisitor getting it on with a Mabari-Mod ... but again some more HAIR would be appreciated ... :@

Hmm...maybe a problem again is: Consoles? Why design your game from the very start to be moddable, put money and effort in this ... if only a very small (compared to consoles) part of the customers will ever use it? Not sure though if this is a credible reason as I am no tech-expert. but yes, that Beth-Games are moddable is a huge plus on their behalf...but if that is the price for their crappy story-telling? Well, than I'd rather have another company like bioware that focuses more on that instead of making mods...

I really don't need my Inquisitor getting it on with a Mabari-Mod ... but again some more HAIR would be appreciated ... :@

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=maNd02l0ptg&feature=youtu.be

You can have good story and good mod support, game developers being lazy as usual. So much wrong with game never going get fix. :lol:

Archived