Modders get Ready! Dragon Age: Inquisition Release date-10-07-2014

Papajack55

First DAI modding tool for people who wanna make some retextures. I know I will. The armor in this game is hideous. Just atrocious. He plans on adding a meshing feature to it too, and the first thing I'm doing when that happens is make some decent hair! I just found like 4 DAI PCs made by other people and they all look exactly like mine. There are only like 2 possible ways to make a pretty female. Any other config aside from the one everyone's using, and she won't look good. There's a grand total of ONE hair I like. Even for guys, decent hair-styles are severely limited.

15-1-1418685059.png

Came from a preset collection on Nexus

See the girl on the left? Notice she has the same eyes, eyebrows, nose, and lips as the girl in the middle. That's pretty much the extent of beauty in DAI. Thank God for the DAI modding tool!

Yeah what's up with those pajamas? :P Wish I could choose what I wear in that place. Perhaps someone will make a mod for that? I don't get to see what new armors look like on people when I'm at the 'hold. I crafted an armor I really loved for Cassandra, but I had to travel to a "fighting area" to view it properly (aside from the obvious render window).

I must've misread when everyone said this game is kinda short. I'm at 60 hrs, and still finding new areas! This game is friggin huge! Still haven't even met Morrigan, but I did meet Hawke. I don't see why I have to re-create Hawke from scratch, when the Keep read my profile pic from DA2, and showed it to me. I thought it did that because it was gonna compile a composite re-creation of my PC based on her previous looks. Guess not. Had to make Hawke from default, but I got her really accurate. Looks perfect now.

Each person's "loyalty missions" are really long. Most require you to scour the whole damn game to complete. This is a long-ass game, but the problem is, it feels long. I kinda want to just move on. I don't really like how the conversations are. I like the game, but it doesn't feel familiar enough, and I know very little about my character, even after 60 hrs of gameplay. I loved the intro story you got for each PC in DAO. You got to live your life for a while before the action began. In this one you're just thrown into battle, once and for all, and everyone's a stranger. My character feels more like a NPC than a PC. Even in DA2, you lived with your family. Granted, every one of them befell a terrible fate, but still. You had a family...for a while. :P

I hope DLCs bring lots of cinema. I like interactive DVD style action. It doesn't need to go as far as Mass Effect, but I'd like to see more movies with battles and explosions and stuff. It's reduced to conversation in this game. Needs more depth. In DAI it's basically look at the war map, travel to a new area, appear at the furthest possible place from your target, walk 5 miles to pick up a piece of paper, defeat 10 rifts, find someone's missing pet (?), go to Skyhold and have a quick cinematic discussion with person 'X', and look at the war map again.

...and I want a dog. :D I've never not had a dog in DA.

Well the sooner we get rid of the bra and panty 'nudity' that is Bioware's idea of 'nudity' the better. I won't be getting the game until Origin does another sale, sad they choose to go greedy while other sites and whatnot are having mad sales for the holidays. Go figure, it's EAxis!

Anyways so far the romance looks disappointing. Honestly the options this time make you want to avoid that feature all together. Oh well modding should fix that up in a matter of years...if we're lucky. Plus who knows what lies ahead of all the DLC EAxis will force their little bitch Bioware to squeeze out of their anus.

The dog is Origins is useful. Good tank to replace the mutt Alistair or whatever his name is.

Anyways so far the romance looks disappointing. Honestly the options this time make you want to avoid that feature all together. Oh well modding should fix that up in a matter of years..

Thought like you until I got to those cut scenes with Cassandra. Dude, I've played BioWare's shit since Baldur and I don't think I'm talking out of my ass when I say Cassandra's romance is the best thing they've done, ever. 

Do the companions get bonuses to their stats like Origins for building a relationship? That's the only reason to pursue anything. Get that 100 and stat bonuses. Mods make the scenes worth it though too.

I don't think so, all you get is different portrait card. This game is not ever close to orgins, but it is not bad. Just rushed an unpolished plus some moralist speaking vagina bullshit legacy(you can't be really bad, not if I ever play bad character but lack of possibility to be bad makes good irrelevant).

Do the companions get bonuses to their stats like Origins for building a relationship? That's the only reason to pursue anything. Get that 100 and stat bonuses. Mods make the scenes worth it though too.

No, there is no approval rating bar, and no magical and illogical increase of +3 to constitution ... you speak to chars to get to know them better, help them with their little stories, some are better, most are at least decent, and that is ... it...baffling, isn't it!? Just little stories and interaction with chars, no numbers attached ... 'tis madness!

No, there is no approval rating bar, and no magical and illogical increase of +3 to constitution ... you speak to chars to get to know them better, help them with their little stories, some are better, most are at least decent, and that is ... it...baffling, isn't it!? Just little stories and interaction with chars, no numbers attached ... 'tis madness!

But be careful! when you talk to your attendants and always say the wrong wherein your Reputation is getting worse.

it can also happen that a member of your group leave!

I haven't played for most of this month and decided to try out a new World state with a new char. I forgot how big these places are and how long it takes to do all the missions in a single area. Ten plus hours just to almost fully complete the hinterlands.

I always complain that games now a days are just to damn short and it looks like BW was listening to me.  :D

I wouldn't even worry about the approval ratings. When you make a big decision, half like you, and half dislike you for it. It doesn't seem possible to get everyone's approval rating all the way up, and if you happen to support freedom for mages, most people will dislike you each time you say it.

All these conflicting opinions of everything drives me nuts. If you have Cass, Varric, Cole, and Iron Bull on your team, and you do something Sera would disapprove of, her disapproval happens, even though she's not even present. Makes deciding who to take with you on missions pointless. You'll get approvals and disapprovals from all members regardless. Everyone appears to have a "hive mind".

If you want full approval for someone, you pretty much have to say exactly what they want to hear, whether you actually feel that way or not. Takes away personal preferences, and the ability to be your own person. It's all about conformity and being a "Yes Man".

My verdict on DAI after 160 hours:

...don't believe me? See for yourself --> post-111270-0-32878100-1419473225_thumb.jpg

Long version:

[rant]

I dislike all missions in DAI. I don't have a desire to go search a needlessly confusing area for a note, and I'm extremely fed up with things being right next to me, but I have to walk a 1/4 mile around a tiny little hill to get to it. I find myself spending around an hour a day trying to hop up a small incline, only to repeatedly slide right back down, no matter what angle I use to approach it, and when I DO manage to get really close, I find a fucking invisible wall! There's nothing in a video game that pisses me off more than an invisible wall! Never was, and never will be, and you find them everywhere in DAI.

I've skipped a mission or 2 simply because I couldn't find a way up a tiny hill. I get bored looking for things that are located "somewhere" in a big-ass area, and I have to search and find it, like I have nothing better to do. All these extremely bothersome and tedious tasks have made it so I basically skip reading every single codex. I already spend too much time attempting to get the item within arm's reach that takes me an hour of walking to get. I'll be damned if I wanna spend any time reading books. I struggle just to keep the game turned on long enough to make it to the next "exciting" cut-scene (people talking about politics).

The whole game basically takes place in a wasteland. Just a lot of ruins, and you have to mash jump (their exciting new feature) just to climb up small inclines, due to their frantic placement of small rocks everywhere, which all stop you as you walk up paths. I spend almost the whole game walking to my destination, and find no excitement along the way. This game bores me to tears, and I've already turned off DAI, and bought an old game. I now play Mortal Kombat 9 every day, and I started a new game on SR4. Almost uninstalled DAI when I found yet another typical rift full of basic enemies who slaughtered my whole high-level team over 20 times. I'm damn sure not trying to grind for 4 hours and backtrack to it later and try again. I want to move FORWARD.

I don't know anyone, and I don't really have the option to. Everyone's just a [Quest Start Point], and nothing else. I can name just about everyone in DAO off the top of my head, even after not having played it for years. I can only name main characters in DAI.

I don't like the horses because you have to get off your horse to fight enemies, and they're everywhere. Millions of 'em. The whole world, aside from the Inquisition, is your enemy, for some reason. I usually forget I even have a horse. At some point, they actually overdo the enemies. When I'm wandering around, and seeing fields of Giants and Red Templar Behemoths, and basic animals that take a million hits to kill, I just avoid all of them, and try to walk to my next piece of paper on the ground, until the mission finally says 'Complete'.

I think I hate the armor more than anything, though. Even more than the hair. No variety, and some seriously ugly choices. A blue chestpiece is not a different piece of armor from a red chestpiece, it's just a different color. I want at least some variety, and what happened to clothes? I want clothes too, like a normal person.

One example of something I can't stand is:

I went to a cave in the Emerald Glades, and it ended up being a "Chateau" of some kind. I went in, and saw a glowing orb on a balcony. I fought my way through a horde of zombies to get to the balcony door, only to find it locked. "Requires Balcony Key", it said. So, I search every inch of the entire building (place is enormous for a house), and fought about a hundred zombies. Searched all of them, and looted everything in the house, and didn't find the Key. I spent about 4 hours looking for it, and killing zombies, and it was nowhere to be found. Tried to shimmy across a ledge from one balcony to the one with the orb, but the ledge was "fake", and I fell right to the ground level. I left, pissed the fuck off that I just wasted so much time getting nowhere!

I was at least happy that I had leveled up twice, so I left, and walked to the nearest rift, only to get the shit beat out of me repeatedly by the same old enemies I've been killing all game long. The game just wasn't even worth continuing at that point, and that was the last time I played it.

I don't know guys, I'm thinking 'Fail' on DAI. It doesn't even remind me of DA. There are very few things I actually like about this game. I have minimal fun when playing it. I enjoyed DA2 much more. They should never have reduced most cinema to conversation. Cinematic scenes are what make Bioware games what they are. Without any action or appeal to cut-scenes, it's hard to find excitement. Simply killing enemies gets very boring. I dislike grinders. It's why I only put like 8 hours into Final Fantasy XI before hanging it up.

I find the addition of necessary grinding to be an unwelcome addition to DA. It puts the whole story on hold, while you kill tons of enemies, and I can't stay excited about a current mission if I know I have to beat an enormous horde of enemies and walk 5 miles to get to what is not an exciting end to the mission. Walk miles, pick up a piece of paper, kill everything, repeat. Nothing fun about it, and getting the same ol' armor as my rewards make nothing feel like it was worth doing. What's worse, to craft armor, you need to dig into resources that are needed to complete Requisition orders, like Geological surveys, and...making a nice necklace to please cultists.

If the game was just introduced, I'd say 9/10. Would have been an excellent start to a series, but since it's the sequel to the sequel of the great DAO, I'll give it a 6/10. That's a 4 point drop from DAO. I like the game less each time I turn it on. If I play it at all, I'll be playing MP.

Btw, has anyone played TESO? I kinda thought the online battles would be more like that, since the whole SP game is basically all open. MP has one set path for each map, and it all feels very enclosed and linear. I was hoping to meet up with other teams, and do battle against them, or help them in a quest of their own, and vice versa. This is just a team of 4 beating enemies over and over. The same could be said about ME3's MP, but this feels more lackluster, and I had a blast playing ME3 online, on any map, with any character.

I hate that I don't love this game! :o (siiiigh....I'm gonna have to change my name now. I'll be AwfulAlduin, or something)

[/rant]

Short version:

Before you wast time on shards, it is not worth it. And yeah grind is on mmo scale. And "operations" rewards are joke especially monetary rewards 300g for a mission where you send your god damn army... If they was any strategy elements in "inquisition"  management I would defend this game to death. But noooo, console players don't have time for strategy :P

I wouldn't even worry about the approval ratings. When you make a big decision, half like you, and half dislike you for it. It doesn't seem possible to get everyone's approval rating all the way up, and if you happen to support freedom for mages, most people will dislike you each time you say it.

All these conflicting opinions of everything drives me nuts. If you have Cass, Varric, Cole, and Iron Bull on your team, and you do something Sera would disapprove of, her disapproval happens, even though she's not even present. Makes deciding who to take with you on missions pointless. You'll get approvals and disapprovals from all members regardless. Everyone appears to have a "hive mind".

If you want full approval for someone, you pretty much have to say exactly what they want to hear, whether you actually feel that way or not. Takes away personal preferences, and the ability to be your own person. It's all about conformity and being a "Yes Man".

Hive mind? You just learn without dely what the consequences are, approval-wise, because surely the following is happening after the missions:

Sera: "So, what did you do when you were out there with the Quizzy? Kill some big bad fragon I guess?"

Iron Bull: "YES! And we didn't kill that one noble oppressing the litle people, the Quizzy gave him another chance...."

Sera: "What??!! *greatly disapproves*

Every decision you make is of importance, because the Quizzy is standing in the spotlight. So no way of keeping it secret. And when you make a decision, everyone will know about it. I also don't get the yes-man argument. So many people are always complaining "We wanna roleplay!", and then they don't dare because "We want a full approval bar, but when I roleplay, the NPCs don't like my role!"? Don't get this...

But yeah, the approval is keeping people somewhat in the dark. But at least better than showering them with gifts...

I haven't played for most of this month and decided to try out a new World state with a new char. I forgot how big these places are and how long it takes to do all the missions in a single area. Ten plus hours just to almost fully complete the hinterlands.

I always complain that games now a days are just to damn short and it looks like BW was listening to me.  :D

DAI is huge, but still too short for me, it could be even bigger! :P 

the largest solo RPG was for me Morrowind + 2 add, it was more than 1000 hours if you wanted to do all the quests.

My verdict on DAI after 160 hours:

...don't believe me? See for yourself --> attachicon.gifDAI play time.jpg

Long version:

[rant]

I dislike all missions in DAI. I don't have a desire to go search a needlessly confusing area for a note, and I'm extremely fed up with things being right next to me, but I have to walk a 1/4 mile around a tiny little hill to get to it. I find myself spending around an hour a day trying to hop up a small incline, only to repeatedly slide right back down, no matter what angle I use to approach it, and when I DO manage to get really close, I find a fucking invisible wall! There's nothing in a video game that pisses me off more than an invisible wall! Never was, and never will be, and you find them everywhere in DAI.

I've skipped a mission or 2 simply because I couldn't find a way up a tiny hill. I get bored looking for things that are located "somewhere" in a big-ass area, and I have to search and find it, like I have nothing better to do. All these extremely bothersome and tedious tasks have made it so I basically skip reading every single codex. I already spend too much time attempting to get the item within arm's reach that takes me an hour of walking to get. I'll be damned if I wanna spend any time reading books. I struggle just to keep the game turned on long enough to make it to the next "exciting" cut-scene (people talking about politics).

The whole game basically takes place in a wasteland. Just a lot of ruins, and you have to mash jump (their exciting new feature) just to climb up small inclines, due to their frantic placement of small rocks everywhere, which all stop you as you walk up paths. I spend almost the whole game walking to my destination, and find no excitement along the way. This game bores me to tears, and I've already turned off DAI, and bought an old game. I now play Mortal Kombat 9 every day, and I started a new game on SR4. Almost uninstalled DAI when I found yet another typical rift full of basic enemies who slaughtered my whole high-level team over 20 times. I'm damn sure not trying to grind for 4 hours and backtrack to it later and try again. I want to move FORWARD.

I don't know anyone, and I don't really have the option to. Everyone's just a [Quest Start Point], and nothing else. I can name just about everyone in DAO off the top of my head, even after not having played it for years. I can only name main characters in DAI.

I don't like the horses because you have to get off your horse to fight enemies, and they're everywhere. Millions of 'em. The whole world, aside from the Inquisition, is your enemy, for some reason. I usually forget I even have a horse. At some point, they actually overdo the enemies. When I'm wandering around, and seeing fields of Giants and Red Templar Behemoths, and basic animals that take a million hits to kill, I just avoid all of them, and try to walk to my next piece of paper on the ground, until the mission finally says 'Complete'.

I think I hate the armor more than anything, though. Even more than the hair. No variety, and some seriously ugly choices. A blue chestpiece is not a different piece of armor from a red chestpiece, it's just a different color. I want at least some variety, and what happened to clothes? I want clothes too, like a normal person.

One example of something I can't stand is:

I went to a cave in the Emerald Glades, and it ended up being a "Chateau" of some kind. I went in, and saw a glowing orb on a balcony. I fought my way through a horde of zombies to get to the balcony door, only to find it locked. "Requires Balcony Key", it said. So, I search every inch of the entire building (place is enormous for a house), and fought about a hundred zombies. Searched all of them, and looted everything in the house, and didn't find the Key. I spent about 4 hours looking for it, and killing zombies, and it was nowhere to be found. Tried to shimmy across a ledge from one balcony to the one with the orb, but the ledge was "fake", and I fell right to the ground level. I left, pissed the fuck off that I just wasted so much time getting nowhere!

I was at least happy that I had leveled up twice, so I left, and walked to the nearest rift, only to get the shit beat out of me repeatedly by the same old enemies I've been killing all game long. The game just wasn't even worth continuing at that point, and that was the last time I played it.

I don't know guys, I'm thinking 'Fail' on DAI. It doesn't even remind me of DA. There are very few things I actually like about this game. I have minimal fun when playing it. I enjoyed DA2 much more. They should never have reduced most cinema to conversation. Cinematic scenes are what make Bioware games what they are. Without any action or appeal to cut-scenes, it's hard to find excitement. Simply killing enemies gets very boring. I dislike grinders. It's why I only put like 8 hours into Final Fantasy XI before hanging it up.

I find the addition of necessary grinding to be an unwelcome addition to DA. It puts the whole story on hold, while you kill tons of enemies, and I can't stay excited about a current mission if I know I have to beat an enormous horde of enemies and walk 5 miles to get to what is not an exciting end to the mission. Walk miles, pick up a piece of paper, kill everything, repeat. Nothing fun about it, and getting the same ol' armor as my rewards make nothing feel like it was worth doing. What's worse, to craft armor, you need to dig into resources that are needed to complete Requisition orders, like Geological surveys, and...making a nice necklace to please cultists.

If the game was just introduced, I'd say 9/10. Would have been an excellent start to a series, but since it's the sequel to the sequel of the great DAO, I'll give it a 6/10. That's a 4 point drop from DAO. I like the game less each time I turn it on. If I play it at all, I'll be playing MP.

Btw, has anyone played TESO? I kinda thought the online battles would be more like that, since the whole SP game is basically all open. MP has one set path for each map, and it all feels very enclosed and linear. I was hoping to meet up with other teams, and do battle against them, or help them in a quest of their own, and vice versa. This is just a team of 4 beating enemies over and over. The same could be said about ME3's MP, but this feels more lackluster, and I had a blast playing ME3 online, on any map, with any character.

I hate that I don't love this game! :o (siiiigh....I'm gonna have to change my name now. I'll be AwfulAlduin, or something)

[/rant]

Short version:

Ive told yah so but its to def ears hehe

From rabbit fan boi to hater hey, oh i love this ha ha.

I already told you guys this game has nothing to do with DAO it will never be same as DAO and its quality, ist dumb down console port and made for to days generation of console players.

The controls by PC game reviewers(and not those dumbs by PC gamer there payed to give good reviews)on youtube already showed its a CONSOLE game and tactical plus UI is not even close to what it was with DAO.

EA destroyer of game company´s and franchise, they only interested in making money and you people keep supporting them. so you deserved to be robbed by these company´s and con artists.

Do some research, saves you a lot of money and frustration before buying these games, i know you don´t listend and keep buying crap from EA but dont come here whine about it.

You just been robbed by EA:P

So is the deluxe version worth the extra dough or is the extra content crap?

so far my only complaint with the deluxe items was with the dual wield rogue weapon notice I said weapon not weapons? That's right they only give you ONE of the flame daggers after you wake up to get another you have to find the schematics for the weapon which is complete BS.

so far my only complaint with the deluxe items was with the dual wield rogue weapon notice I said weapon not weapons? That's right they only give you ONE of the flame daggers after you wake up to get another you have to find the schematics for the weapon which is complete BS.

in my Deluxe version was a little more, a dragon armor, these daggers and an additional riding animal (moose).

this is a reason why I love DAI without mods. :P  :P  :P

I personally would have liked more romance options like Vivienne or even Liliana which could have been fun if she had been with the warden in DAO sooooo many possibilities for that one.  :D

yes that's right, too bad that this is not possible, as you surely know Vivienne is married.

but a romance with Liliana would have been nice, too bad. :(

In general, no it's  not worth it.  The gear and so on will be outpaced very quickly with designs you can buy.  Unless of course you're one of those people that just wants to collect things to collect them. 

Vivienne is a mistress of someone, she's not married.  Anyway at nearly 150 hours in, the whole mmo grindy bit is what burned me out in the end.  That and the lack of a proper UI bar.  Let's give mages 15 abilities!  Sucker...you can only use 7 of them, because we'll slap an extra one in there that you'll probably use anyway.

Archived