Hello and thanks for continuing support of this mod.

Not much of a writer myself but I'm trying to move around some current description lines around to see if I can tune up the variety.

I've been looking through the db folder trying to better understand how the dialogue are structured and come up with a few questions.

First question regarding the structure of "theme" and its weight setting.

I understanding theme along with weight determines the chance dialogues will be pick from each sub-folder

(at the moment only resistant sub-folder comes with default content)

So, how will the dialogue folders and associated files, such as Synonyms, located in the base db folder work if theme sub-folder will be the source of data?

Another question is about which file does the mod pick to load (general, not unique animations)

for example:  "MaleActor_Female_Oral.txt",

Does this description file being load whenever the animation with {Oral} tag begins?

If that is the case, if I create a new description file "MaleActor_Female_MF.txt", will it be loaded when an animation with {MF} tag is picked in game?

Furthermore, if an animation with multiple tags that have description files associated with then, how will the mod choose which file to load?

Hello and thanks for continuing support of this mod.

Not much of a writer myself but I'm trying to move around some current description lines around to see if I can tune up the variety.

I've been looking through the db folder trying to better understand how the dialogue are structured and come up with a few questions.

First question regarding the structure of "theme" and its weight setting.

I understanding theme along with weight determines the chance dialogues will be pick from each sub-folder

(at the moment only resistant sub-folder comes with default content)

So, how will the dialogue folders and associated files, such as Synonyms, located in the base db folder work if theme sub-folder will be the source of data?

Another question is about which file does the mod pick to load (general, not unique animations)

for example:  "MaleActor_Female_Oral.txt",

Does this description file being load whenever the animation with {Oral} tag begins?

If that is the case, if I create a new description file "MaleActor_Female_MF.txt", will it be loaded when an animation with {MF} tag is picked in game?

Furthermore, if an animation with multiple tags that have description files associated with then, how will the mod choose which file to load?

Not much of a writer myself but I'm trying to move around some current description lines around 

I don't use the themes myself, too much work to maintain another copy-paste of the database when I already know what content I want, but when one is selected at random by the weightings, Apropos searches that subfolder first for files that match. So if your (female) character is currently being raped vaginally, and the RNG outputs that the Resistant DB should be used, Apropos will go looking for '/db/resistant/FemaleActor_Male/FemaleActor_Male_Vaginal_Stage1.txt', and since that file exists, will take a line at random for your chosen perspective that is far less... 'willing' than normal. I don't know that synonyms work the same way, since Apropos caches those on install or database refresh, storing them in your save file, so it probably isn't reading them live from the file if a theme is selected.

As for the tags, I can see how those would be a bit missleading. 

Apropos sort of translates from tags into what files to open like traversing a flow-chart. Is there a creature involved, no, is there more than one actor, no, does the animation have the vaginal tag, no, does the animation have the anal tag, no, does the animation have the oral tag, yep! MaleActor_Female_Oral_Stage1.txt it is! The _Tag parts at the end are something decided by Gooser in the code. If the animation has multiple tags, then it takes the follows the precedence described above, looking for the first tag it has files for (Gangbang, then Vaginal, then Anal, then Oral, Boobjob, Handjob, Fisting, Footjob, Masturbation, and finally Foreplay).

Thank you for the clarification.

Just to make sure I get the function of IDing tags correctly,

Apropos will check for the following tags one by one (Gangbang, Vaginal, Anal, Oral, Boobjob, Handjob, Fisting, Footjob, Masturbation, Foreplay),

and if an animation does not have any of these listed tags, it will pretty much be ignored since none of the description files can be loaded.

Btw, thank you Vauria for the edit tool.

I am using notepad++ for replacing phrases and modifying the header in batch.

Then with the edit tool, it is easy to combining descriptions from different pov and check for redundancy. 

Thank you for the clarification.

Just to make sure I get the function of IDing tags correctly,

Apropos will check for the following tags one by one (Gangbang, Vaginal, Anal, Oral, Boobjob, Handjob, Fisting, Footjob, Masturbation, Foreplay),

and if an animation does not have any of these listed tags, it will pretty much be ignored since none of the description files can be loaded.

Btw, thank you Vauria for the edit tool.

I am using notepad++ for replacing phrases and modifying the header in batch.

Then with the edit tool, it is easy to combining descriptions from different pov and check for redundancy. 

Correct.

Also, if it is a creature animation, and doesn't have a creature tag, no description will be generated.

I've noticed that some (or all) of Evac's animations are missing basic tags.

Heh, not a stupid question, but you are actually doing tag editing of SLAL packs the extremely hard way.  IMO you should only use the Apropos patch-ups list for animations that are not added by SLAL (example - hard-coded into SL).  Also, there is an option in the Apropos MCM menu you need to hit to run the patchups file, it isn't done automatically (you can watch the console after you hit it and see it working).

To adjust tags for SLAL files, simply go to their .json files in Data\SLAnims\json.  You should see files for each pack you have installed, and if you open them you can manually add/remove/edit the tags for any animation in the pack.  Once you've done that, in-game you can go to the SLAL MCM menu and reload the animation data, then hit re-apply and the animations should have the new tags.

OK thanks, I seem to have a knack for attempting to do things the hard way. The way you just described seems much simpler.

I'll give that a go. Cheers.

Update: OK, now I'm even more confused.

The reason I bothered with all this in the first place was that some animations didnt bring up any messages from Apropos, and I was wondering why. The specific animations I happened to be testing with were the Canine Leito and Billyy animations alongside one oral Panic animation (so, "LeitoCanineMission", "LeitoCanineCunni", "Billyy Missionary" and "Panic Canine Sucking" for a few specific examples of ones that didn't work).

My initial thought was the tags for the animations were wrong, causing apropos to not bother showing anything, hence why my inital idea was to just throw the missing tags into the patchup file and let the work around the problem. As per your suggestion, I had a look at the JSON for the SLAL packs they came in, and the tags are all already there, meaning it's definitely nothing to do with the tags. It's especially weird when looking at the MNC pack, and seeing some Panic animations work and some not, despite being practically identical to each other (e.g. "Panic Consensual" works, and so does "Panic Wolf R1", but "Panic Canine Sucking" does not work. It contains the Oral tag, so it shouldnt be ignored as discussed in the posts above, if I'm understanding that correctly).

For a second I even thought it was an animation race issue, such as using "Canines" rather than say "Wolves" or "Dogs" for the animation's race, but even that proved to be completely unrelated.

I'm out of ideas. If you could offer any insight, that'd be appreciated.

I just had a peeksy at some of those, and I'm not sure why they wouldn't generate.

Apropos has been instrumented with a bit of logging. Can you enable Debug & Trace and post an Apropos0.log file ?

I just had a peeksy at some of those, and I'm not sure why they wouldn't generate.

Apropos has been instrumented with a bit of logging. Can you enable Debug & Trace and post an Apropos0.log file ?

I have debugging and Trace turned on in the MCM but I cannot seem to find any Apropos log files (I'm assuming they go to "C:\Users\<USERNAMEHERE>\Documents\My Games\Skyrim\Logs\Script\User" as standard).

I've tried a few times to go through some animations that work and some that don't to produce a mix, and even run patchups just to populate a log file, but no log files seem to be produced.

I'm using MO if that causes any issues (rare but i've seen it happen before). Or am I just looking in the wrong place?

Actually, what triggers the creation of the log file? Because all I've been doing is loading a save, making sure debugging is on, running through a scene with some working and not-working animations, finishing the scene, then closing the game. I assumed the log files were just made on close. Am I just missing a step here that actually creates the log file?

Incidentally, some of the Billyy animations that I reported not working, seem to work as normal on further inspection...except the oral ones...for some reason. Just including that incase that helps narrow it down.

I'm guessing you don't have Papyrus logging enabled in your Skyrim.ini .  You can edit that in MO.

Just make sure you have the folllowing lines:

[Papyrus]  
bEnableLogging=1  
bEnableTrace=1  
bLoadDebugInformation = 1  

How to make schoolboy errors starring: me.

Here is the file.

From a quick glance I noticed lines like these, incase this is any help:

"Could not find or read file 'Data/Apropos/db/resistant/FemaleActor_/FemaleActor__Vaginal_Stage4.txt' "

"Could not find or read file 'Data/Apropos/db/FemaleActor_/FemaleActor__Vaginal_Stage4.txt' "

"Could not find or read file 'Data/Apropos/db/resistant/FemaleActor_/FemaleActor__Vaginal_Orgasm.txt' "

Thanks for the help.

That FemaleActor_<Blank>/ means Apropos couldn't tell what race the other actor was, it's what used to happen with Skeevers/Horkers/Deer/etc before Gooser added support to them. IIRC, those animations are missing the Canine tag, using Dog or Wolf instead which is enough for SexLab but not Apropos, which is why I have my animation patchups file set to add it to those animations. Actually, I just looked in MNCv10's SLAnims.json, and every dog animation is only tagged with Dog... and now so is every Wolf animation, at least as far as I can tell, after MMG consolidated the two into "creature_race": "Canines".

Soo... I dunno, if you're careful with updates, you could add Canine to the json for all the SLAL packs with dog animations, or add an entry to "AddTags": ["Canine"] for all the affected animations. Gooser could add an || animation.HasTag("Dog") to GetCreatureFromAnimation, but that'll also play Dog lines for wolves using the generic Canines animations... which isn't too great a loss since all those animations have fucked alignment anyway.

Aaand I just looked at your Apropos.0.log and realised you're trying to get Wolf lines, not Dog. Well, one of your issues there is there are no Oral files for F/Wolf at the moment. I have some stuff I adapted from FemaleActor_Canine_Oral, but those were written when there was only one canine oral animation so the lines are basically unique to PanicDogSuck(MNCCanineC2), aka not a good fit for all the Wolf Oral animations Billyy posted. As for MNCleitoCaninedoggy and MNCleitoCaninemissionary, they're only tagged with Dog, and if you tag them with Wolf, they'll play wolf lines even if that anim is being played with a dog. IMO, your best option is to open up MoreNastyCritters.json and find/replace "Canines" with "Dogs", Billyy has more than enough wolf animations that actually align and are tagged correctly, so you might as well remove NMC's ones from the pool.

How to make schoolboy errors starring: me.

Here is the file.

From a quick glance I noticed lines like these, incase this is any help:

"Could not find or read file 'Data/Apropos/db/resistant/FemaleActor_/FemaleActor__Vaginal_Stage4.txt' "

"Could not find or read file 'Data/Apropos/db/FemaleActor_/FemaleActor__Vaginal_Stage4.txt' "

"Could not find or read file 'Data/Apropos/db/resistant/FemaleActor_/FemaleActor__Vaginal_Orgasm.txt' "

Thanks for the help.

That FemaleActor_<Blank>/ means Apropos couldn't tell what race the other actor was, it's what used to happen with Skeevers/Horkers/Deer/etc before Gooser added support to them. IIRC, those animations are missing the Canine tag, using Dog or Wolf instead which is enough for SexLab but not Apropos, which is why I have my animation patchups file set to add it to those animations. Actually, I just looked in MNCv10's SLAnims.json, and every dog animation is only tagged with Dog... and now so is every Wolf animation, at least as far as I can tell, after MMG consolidated the two into "creature_race": "Canines".

Soo... I dunno, if you're careful with updates, you could add Canine to the json for all the SLAL packs with dog animations, or add an entry to "AddTags": ["Canine"] for all the affected animations. Gooser could add an || animation.HasTag("Dog") to GetCreatureFromAnimation, but that'll also play Dog lines for wolves using the generic Canines animations... which isn't too great a loss since all those animations have fucked alignment anyway.

Aaand I just looked at your Apropos.0.log and realised you're trying to get Wolf lines, not Dog. Well, one of your issues there is there are no Oral files for F/Wolf at the moment. I have some stuff I adapted from FemaleActor_Canine_Oral, but those were written when there was only one canine oral animation so the lines are basically unique to PanicDogSuck(MNCCanineC2), aka not a good fit for all the Wolf Oral animations Billyy posted. As for MNCleitoCaninedoggy and MNCleitoCaninemissionary, they're only tagged with Dog, and if you tag them with Wolf, they'll play wolf lines even if that anim is being played with a dog. IMO, your best option is to open up MoreNastyCritters.json and find/replace "Canines" with "Dogs", Billyy has more than enough wolf animations that actually align and are tagged correctly, so you might as well remove NMC's ones from the pool.

Correct. Dog != Canine.

Philosophically, I would prefer Apropos work with well-formed animation definitions, and not cobble together a growing list of programmatic patches. That is what the patchup file is for.

• 3 weeks later...

Have been trying out Apropos, and so far I'm really liking it. Did have a question on the Wear and Tear progression though. Any chance of an update/patch adding an "experience" modifier? Taking less W&T damage the more often the character has that type of sex I mean. That's about the only bit of the Sexlab Wear and Tear mod that I miss.

I'd like to take a stab at writing some lines for FB's necro animations.  It's a little immersion-breaking when the PC walks over to a corpse and the and the descriptions on screen are describing a crying, resistant female.

I've been pouring over the files in the db folder and I have a pretty good idea for how the filenames work.  What I'd like to know is what I need to do to put an entirely new description file in for necro animations and make sure that when necro anims are played, only necro descriptions are selected?

I'd like to take a stab at writing some lines for FB's necro animations.  It's a little immersion-breaking when the PC walks over to a corpse and the and the descriptions on screen are describing a crying, resistant female.

I've been pouring over the files in the db folder and I have a pretty good idea for how the filenames work.  What I'd like to know is what I need to do to put an entirely new description file in for necro animations and make sure that when necro anims are played, only necro descriptions are selected?

Apropos at the moment doesn't support adding files for new SexLab tags, and I don't know if Gooser has any plans for a system like what you're looking for in Apropos X. Best thing you can do at the moment is write your FemaleActor_Male_Necro_Vaginal/_Anal/_Oral/_etc files, then copy/paste the appropriate set into a new Unique Animation folder for each necro animation. It ain't going to be a pretty solution with all the duplicates you'll end up making, but it's really the only way to do it at the moment. You can probably use `FemaleActor_aMSleeping_Rape` as a reference, it's the closest thing to Necro descriptions currently in the database. If you don't know how to get the internal animation names for setting up the unique animations, this may help.

• 2 weeks later...

Long time, no post...(I've been busy with RL stuff for quite some time)

Does anyone know if using SLATE to alter an animation's tags affects Apropos at all? While SLATE is a bit tedious, I haven't figured out any other methods for re-tagging animations. 

(I decided to re-align some animations that just wouldn't line up properly, and then figured I'd re-tag them to be more consistent with what they look like now. I'm also trying to use SLATE for a couple of other things, but gosh it's tedious...)

Long time, no post...(I've been busy with RL stuff for quite some time)

Does anyone know if using SLATE to alter an animation's tags affects Apropos at all? While SLATE is a bit tedious, I haven't figured out any other methods for re-tagging animations. 

(I decided to re-align some animations that just wouldn't line up properly, and then figured I'd re-tag them to be more consistent with what they look like now. I'm also trying to use SLATE for a couple of other things, but gosh it's tedious...)

SLATE does functionally the same thing as Apropos's Animation Patchups feature, so provided you're editing the tags Apropos uses, it'll work just fine.

Those tags, in order of priority, are:

1. Solo/Masturbation
  2. MMF - MMMMMMF/FMM - FMMMMMM
  3. Vaginal
  4. Anal
  5. Oral
  6. Boobjob
  7. Handjob
  8. Fisting
  9. Footjob

And for creature animations,

1. CCF - CCCCF/FCC - FCCCC (Uses Gangbang Files)
  2. Vaginal
  3. Anal
  4. Oral
  5. Handjob

So if you want to change the lines an animation displays from Vaginal to Anal, make sure you remove the Vaginal tag as well as adding Anal, otherwise it'll still find that tag first.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure it's been asked before, but the thread is huge. Is there a way to get just the body scars/slavetats part of this mod?

Please clarify - do you mean just Wear and Tear with its scars etc?

Yeah. I'd like to use either slavetats or Racemenu to just add those scars to my female brawler character for aesthetics only without anything else.

I'm sure it's been asked before, but the thread is huge. Is there a way to get just the body scars/slavetats part of this mod?

Please clarify - do you mean just Wear and Tear with its scars etc?

Yeah. I'd like to use either slavetats or Racemenu to just add those scars to my female brawler character for aesthetics only without anything else.

Well you could just install Apropos, but not activate Apropos.esp and the tats will be in the correct folders and show up inside of SlaveTats MCM menu.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Darkening Demise said:

Can we choose the theme? All messages sound straight out of a freaking NTR Rape Mind Break Hentai! Sorry not my thing.

Your best bet to fix this is to go through the Apropos database files yourself and delete lines that you don't want to see.  Everyone's tastes are different.

3 hours ago, Darkening Demise said:

Has anyone mad 'addons'? To expand the amount of text available?

Sure, Look in the other thread. Most of the other content has already been incorporated into my last release. For instance, someone developed a "defiant, resistant rape" theme, which is included. What exactly are you looking for?