Television Shows...

Guest xthejester

TNG is my favorite... from season 3 onwards. A lot of people say season 1 "felt like the original Star Trek" and that's my problem; I'm not a fan of the original series. The movies* maybe, but not the show. Season 2 of TNG pushed me away because of doctor Pulaski; it felt like a cheap attempt to bring back the whole Bones/Spock dynamic with her and Data. It was too forced and didn't do anything for me.

I can't say anything about DS9 because I haven't seen much of it, but I know that I should because of the whole war thing that consumed most of its later seasons.

* The fifth movie is a steaming pile, but I would take that over the shit that was the 2009 Star Trek or Into Darkness. Fuck those movies and fuck JJ Abrams. I'm sure he'll ruin the new Star Wars films worse than Lucas, too. But then again, the only Star Wars movie I liked was Empire Strikes Back, so meh.

Guest wellbredbitch

The Good Wife, Nashville, Southland, The Mentalist. and Uk programmes, Shetland, Line of Duty, Grand Designs.

TNG is my favorite... from season 3 onwards. A lot of people say season 1 "felt like the original Star Trek" and that's my problem; I'm not a fan of the original series. The movies* maybe, but not the show. Season 2 of TNG pushed me away because of doctor Pulaski; it felt like a cheap attempt to bring back the whole Bones/Spock dynamic with her and Data. It was too forced and didn't do anything for me.

I can't say anything about DS9 because I haven't seen much of it, but I know that I should because of the whole war thing that consumed most of its later seasons.

* The fifth movie is a steaming pile, but I would take that over the shit that was the 2009 Star Trek or Into Darkness. Fuck those movies and fuck JJ Abrams. I'm sure he'll ruin the new Star Wars films worse than Lucas, too. But then again, the only Star Wars movie I liked was Empire Strikes Back, so meh.

Loved the 2 new Star Treks they where great so much better then original movies(first 2)

I think New star Trek with Elysium my best SyFy movies of last 5 years.

First season was not even close to orginal so realy dunno what your talking about here?

Yes i was also happy pulaski was gone but still i enjoyed also that season.

DS9 was in my opinion second worse of all series concerning star trek(Enterprise series was total crap).

Star Trek: voyage home was not best of movies but was also not bad i liked it.

I got everything from star trek fro original up to new movies with younger crew.

Voyager and Next still my favorites.

Matter of taste offcorse to each his own.

Just started with Batlle Star Galactica yesterday mini serie(2003)plus 4 seasons(2004-2008).

Saw mini serie+first season, man this serie is overated.

Terible acting, cheap dumb soap and SyFy is rediculously bad.

It gets 8.8 in IMBd, i give it not more then 6.5

Not even gonne give it a new reply i just edit.

Ive finished BSG and it now belongs to one on my WORSED series ever ive seen in my life.

Dumb storie rediculous religious crap and bad acting what waste of my time.

It's not more then 4.5.

I know it was a very popular series, but i can just agree with majority its for me mind boggeling bad series.

Guest Youngmemer

I personally love Game of Thrones and Walking Dead. However i need to balance all that drama out with some comedy, like How I Met Your Mother and my all time favourite sitcom Scrubs (I re-watch the 8 seasons every year, and I love every minute.)

Of the stuff currently airing on TV all I watch are Walking Dead (godly), True Detective, Doctor Who (nervous about this new guy, miss Matt Smith already), Top Gear (U.K. version ONLY), and just started watching Cosmos.

Oh, I also watch Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. but as they only come out with one new episode a month it's almost like I don't watch it at all...

Of the stuff currently airing on TV all I watch are Walking Dead (godly), True Detective, Doctor Who (nervous about this new guy, miss Matt Smith already), Top Gear (U.K. version ONLY), and just started watching Cosmos.

Oh, I also watch Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. but as they only come out with one new episode a month it's almost like I don't watch it at all...

Yeh wanne see new Cosmos(i read the book from Carl Sagan from the 80's) also its my interest evolution and universe.

Guest xthejester

Just started with Batlle Star Galactica yesterday mini serie(2003)plus 4 seasons(2004-2008).

Saw mini serie+first season, man this serie is overated.

Terible acting, cheap dumb soap and SyFy is rediculously bad.

It gets 8.8 in IMBd, i give it not more then 6.5

I don't know my friend.

There is an astonishing amount of attention to detail in the BSG series. And character-driven story lines are pretty expertly woven through the overall plot of the show.  It's not perfect by any means.

But I was hooked during the pilot episode. Everything from the whole "nostalgia" aspect of the decomissioning ceremony, to the overwhelming attack that had forced humanity into becoming a caravan of space refugees.  Without any real indoctrination into the mythos of the show, I "got it" right away.

When Starbuck offers an earnest and private prayer to the "Lords of Kobol", without any drawn out or high-handed background on the religion of the show, it just all rang true and authentic.

Seems I can finally say I'm watching a currently running TV show, because I decided on a whim to start Ressha Sentai ToQger.

I feel so sorry for you.

Me, I'm on the Kamen Rider Gaim train, and it's chugging along at top speed. Also eagerly awaiting Garo: Makai Nohana. After how badly Yami o Terasu Mono sucked, I'm really hoping having Keita Amemiya back on board will herald a return to form.

Also looking forward to Game of Thrones.

Everything that isn't one of those three things may as well not exist as far as I'm concerned. I haven't watched an actual TV in months (at least). If I don't torrent it or see it in a theater, I don't see it.

@ years ago, while spending 20 days in a hospital, i watched a marathon fo the Walking Dead.. and have been a fan since. it is the only show i watch, and i watch it online, i havent turned my tv on in ages.

tho, i could sue some good anime, havent had nay in a while.

Guest endgameaddiction

I always keep hearing that Breaking Bad is good. It hasn't caught my attention. Then again I'm not much of a TV person, let alone a series person. I need to flip on Adult Swim and watch some Family Guy and American Dad again, though.

Right now all I'm watching is Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire.

Carnivale was interesting while it lasted.

Deadwood might just be my favorite series of all time, next to The Office.

I've been meaning to check out Lost as i've heard many good things about it.

Watched Breaking Bad since everyone was talking about, it's good and probably the best written show ever but just not my kind of thing.

I'll probably keep watching Game of thrones but I don't like seeing people die so frequently, I'm just anticipating

John Snow rising from the dead and fighting the dragon queen, just speculation but sounds cool.

Sherlock and CSI series, that's my favorite and spartacus:god of the arena.. Ah and walking dead too, except that I usually miss it...

and lately I'm preparing to watch game of thrones, it looks like this series is quite good by looking at the people reaction...

Atm I'm watching: Continuum, Once Upon a Time, and The Walking Dead

When Game of Thrones, Sons of Anarchy, and Defiance comes back from the break, I'm going to continue to watch those as well.

Some other stuff I have watched in the past: Breaking Bad, Workaholics, Battlestar Galactica, Dexter, Spartacus, Stargate (SG1, Atlantis, SGU) and some other stuff.

A few Swedish ones as well has crossed my eyes.

Archived