Television Shows...

Guest xthejester

Guest xthejester

It doesn't make him a man to swallow the fact that his wife is a whore.

I won't ever understand why a guy who accepts a cheating partner is considered a "real man", but a guy who cheats on his partner is a "dog".

For some reason we're supposed to forgive "mistakes" but aren't allowed to make any.

Grrrr.

I'm about to derail the topic of a thread I started, and I wont. But I think Rick's choice to get back with Lori was the wrong one. He should've let Shane have her and moved on. Snagged himself one of Hershel's daughters. A younger...less annoying upgrade.

He'd have been happier. Shane would have still been alive. The group would have fared far better overall.

The whole tension between Shane and Rick wasn't really about how to survive in this new world. It was about Lori. If Rick would've said..."The ho-bag is all yours buddy, now let's work together to keep these people safe and alive."....The whole philosophical clash about being ruthless probably wouldn't have happened.

Shane turned ruthless because he felt like he had nothing to lose anyway. With a family of his own to hold on to, he may have been less apt to get so mentally unhinged.

And, let's be perfectly honest...Lori and Rick were on the fast-track to divorce before the whole rise of the dead thing happened anyway.

Guest xthejester

Rick does have a propensity for giving long incredulous stares.

As if he's still having a tough time processing the fact that the entire world has gone to shit, and the awful things that happen are still shocking for him.

To my mind, he should have gotten over the surprises by now.  Especially considering he was a cop. He was dealing with human waste before everything went tits-up.

Guest xthejester

Yeah...a zombie culling program would have been a pretty wise idea.

There's also a surprising lack of pestilence.  You'd think the abundance of corpses around would have had a bolstering effect on the insect populations at the very least.

I'm also kind of fuzzy on just how much time has passed since the world went to hell.

For us it's been about 4 years.

But clearly, that's not the case for the show.  Four years worth of degradation hasn't happened yet. Gasoline still works...that's a big indication that it's been less than 3 years. Old gasoline stops working after 30 months or so.

Vikings on History - http://www.history.com/shows/vikings -  Absolutely Awesome portrayal of Vikings in history, centered around Ragnar Lordbrok. 

The Killing - http://www.amctv.com/shows/the-killing - One of the very best murder, investigation dramas I've ever seen.

Lost Girl - http://www.syfy.com/lostgirl/about - A science fiction drama about succubus who feeds on sexual energy. Do you need to know more?  I am in love with Kenzi.

Sons of Anarchy - http://www.fxnetworks.com/soa - Motorcycle Club thriller, action packed, violent, mature, all things awesome.

That is about all I am into other than your reality TV Monkey Garage, Wheeler Dealers, Chasing Classic Cars, Tech360, Cafe Racer and Top Gear. 

Guest xthejester

I also watch The Killing and S.O.A. Both are excellent shows.

Funny that the ex-junky partner from the killing is the new Robocop, eh?

I thought there were supposed to be 2 left. Don't get me wrong, the series is pretty damn good - I saw the first season - but waiting for the second season I picked up the books, and well, the rest is history. Finished the 5th and now it's just a long damn wait for the other 2, and watching the show in the mean time would just rub that in.

Yes, but... boobies! :P

EDIT: I'm drunk. Sue me.

Daktarie-Skippy-Rin Tin Tin-Mr Ed-Flipper Lassie I Love Lucy-Payton Place ;)

Walking Dead on HBO.

Im mostly SyFy fan.

Watch Star Trek:Next gen..DeepSpace 9-Voyager-Enterprise(worsed start trek series ever) Stargate:SG-1-Atlantis-Universe all series over and over again.

Some newer serie's like Fallen Skies-Continuum.

Enterprise was not that bad of a show, it was mostly just out of place considering it was before TOS timeline wise, but it was more akin to TNG with input and further on with the design of the NX. Voyager was also not that bad of a series overall... but both of them have had some horrible episodes. Perhaps worse than any other series prior, save for something like Spock's Brain.

BRAIN AND BRAIN, WHAT IS BRAIN

Stargate Universe can go fuck itself, though. That show should have been cancelled after the three part series pilot.

I loved SG1 even back when it was originally a Showtime series. Hell, I loved the movie... up until the Orii. That's where it lost me.

Atlantis was never really the same hit with me, and around the last season I just stopped caring. Mainly because too many episodes that were taking place in alternate universes.

Universe never got me. I thought it was shit to begin with. The only thing I liked about the show was the quest appearences by Richard Dean Anderson.

Now they want to make a reboot movie trilogy... fucking Universe ruined everything.

Guest xthejester

I dunno.

I found the character dynamics the most compelling feature of SGU.  It was definitely a much more character driven show than the other SG series.

it was, but the characters were shit. I liked the angle that anybody might die, but you knew there were certain ones who just wouldn't. Like the fat quasi teenage kid or that one girl, both of which were the dullest of characters. In order for me to have cared, I would have had to like the characters... and not a single one did I actually like.

I actually liked a majority of the major characters in SG1. Atlantis wasn't the same, but I still liked several. I didn't like anybody in Universe except for returning characters who got only quest appearances.

Guest xthejester

Well I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

I liked the character arcs for everyone on the show. Even if I didn't like the characters themselves.

Guest Mogie56

I thought there were supposed to be 2 left. Don't get me wrong, the series is pretty damn good - I saw the first season - but waiting for the second season I picked up the books, and well, the rest is history. Finished the 5th and now it's just a long damn wait for the other 2, and watching the show in the mean time would just rub that in.

Well the last time I heard him speak he said he had been signed to do 8 books working on the 6th now, he was only worried the show would catch up to him if he didn't get it in gear (he spoke jokingly) of course.

• 2 weeks later...

I loved SG1 even back when it was originally a Showtime series. Hell, I loved the movie... up until the Orii. That's where it lost me.

Atlantis was never really the same hit with me, and around the last season I just stopped caring. Mainly because too many episodes that were taking place in alternate universes.

Universe never got me. I thought it was shit to begin with. The only thing I liked about the show was the quest appearences by Richard Dean Anderson.

Now they want to make a reboot movie trilogy... fucking Universe ruined everything.

Strange how taste can be so different while in core we both love same serie.

I loved SG-1 alot first 7 seasons 8 was crap. Liked it almost as much as Star Trek Next gen...

Asgard where my most favorite ALIENS of all time.

Ori was great and loved the last 2 seasons.

Movies first one was ok but not realy good.

Movie Continuum was great.

Atlantis was was ok first 3 seasons and only becouse Carter took command of Ancient city in pegasus i liked season 4 season 5 was absolutely crap.

Glad they stopped with atlantis.

Btw to many times in alternative universe?... yes few episodes but for most part 90% not.

Universe first time it was ok but second time i liked the 2 seasons alot and was sad it ended there.

So both we love SG-1 but along the time line of the series we got complete different taste whats good or not :)

Top 4 favorite lead roles.

1.Cpt later Lt.Col.Samantha Carter(SG-1)

2.Dr. Daniel Jackson(SG-1)

3.Dr. Rush(Universe)

4. Jack O'neill

P.S Another controversie for Star Trek fan: Best shows 1.Voyager 2.Next Gen..3. Star Trek Original - Best Captain: 1.Capt.Katharine Janeway 2.Capt.Jean Luc Picard 3. Capt.James.T. Kirk

Archived