Television Shows...

Guest xthejester

Guest xthejester

I know a good many of you aren't from the U.S. But I am wondering what some of your favorite current television programs are.

For me, the shows I'm currently watching are Justified, Hannibal, Community, Shameless, True Detective, The Walking Dead, Revolution, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., The Blacklist, The Following, and Bones (when it starts airing again).

Friday's season premiere of Hannibal opened with an awesome fight sequence.

For movie buffs...Imagine Morpheus from the Matrix, fighting One-Eye from Valhalla Rising (Lawrence Fishburne vs. Mads Mikklesen).  It was pretty damn awesome for a regular network program.

I don't currently watch any tv shows, because finnish tv sucks :/. But some of my all time favorites are OZ, Dexter and Criminal Minds, some of these do play on here as reruns but always really late so i can't watch, but luckily there is dvds and Netflix :D

Guest xthejester

Criminal Minds would be a good show if it weren't for that magical computer genie "Garcia". What is otherwise an really neat police procedural show with a focus on criminal profiling, is completely ruined by that Deus Ex Machina character,

For 40 minutes, we see the team picking apart the pathology of the killer, winnowing down a likely suspect...then, in the last 5 minutes, along comes the chubby, quirky, hacker girl...who figures out who the killer is in 72 keystrokes.

Guest xthejester

Invariably...when I run into another Game of Thrones fan...I have to ask...

"Have you read the books?"

The Walking Dead is my crack and this season has been pretty awesome so far.  I'm glad to see a change of scenery!  The new characters I'm not sure about just yet though.

Also enjoy the Voice although after watching this seasons premier I don't think I'll be into as much as I used to.  It's gotten to be a little recycled if you know what  I mean.

Other than those two shows  I've actually gone back and started watching old episodes of Hercules on netflix.  So corny,  but so awesome!  :)  

Guest xthejester

I'm not a fan of reality shows at all.

Well....that's not entirely true. P.B.S. used to have a few shows that were experiments. Groups of people would attempt to live as people did in other times. There was an Iron Age, series, and Edwardian series, and a Colonial American series that I saw.

Those were pretty cool.

The Edwardian House series was kinda naughty too. The people who were living as the house staff got up to some kinky business.from time to time.

Guest Mogie56

Game of Thrones and yes I have read the books that there are but they have strayed quite far from the books for the show in terms of characters. Many they have killed off on the show, in the books are still there. but that is due to keeping an even flow of characters and not getting over budget with them. at any one time they have 3 to 4 crews working in different countries. From what G.R.R. Martin has said, there will be a few to sit upon the throne of swords, so that will be during and or beyond the book he's writing now. It's funny how indignant some fans got when hair and or beard color wasn't what it was in the books LOL but like all forms of media, bitchers will bitch.

But yeah that's about the only thing I watch on TV, all the BS supposed reality shows are FAKE and most of them are just plane ignorant. And any show that actually does well they cancel for more dumb crap.

Guest xthejester

The only shows I watched that got canceled in what I feel was a premature way, were Angel, Firefly, Kings, and most recently...Copper.

A lot of really good shows just ran their course and were better off just ending.

House, Lost, Breaking Bad, Burn Notice, Dexter, Battlestar Galactica....those shows all ended well, and when they should have. House may have possibly gone on a season too long actually.

Fringe...that show concluded, but I was not a fan of the final season at all. I think the writers went wrong by...

Making the Observers an enemy invasion force int the future.

Guest endgameaddiction

The Walking Dead - Following it, but I missed last nights episode. (no spoilers plz). I only like Daryl, Carol and MIchonne. The only 3 to prove to be survivalist. Rick, I like but he's not a leader no more. Perhaps he will be again later, but I'll tell you something. Season 3 sucked ass. I was sick of the Govenor for the longest time. And most of season 4 has sucked. These last few episodes seem cool as they will be reuniting from the looks of it. That's cool, but I don't like the fact of things becomming too civilized like in seaons 3. One of the major reasons why I liked seaon 1. The hardship struggling to carry on and continue. Not stationing at some camp for a long time. That gets boring too fast. Hershel's farm in seaon 2 was exceptional. Wish Hershel never died. I really liked him too. One of the best actors in that show.

I bet there is no one here who liked Lori. I couldn't stand that B)*(&^$ at all. I was glad she died. Stupid slut...

Lost Girl - Haven't followed season 4 yet. I don't even know if it's even over. I will check it out soon just because Ksenia Solo playing as Kenzie rox. Who doesn't like her? I don't like Anna Silk much. That show seemed pretty cool, however.

I am one of the few that actually liked Lori...yes she was a slut,  but you could tell she was trying to do the right thing,  but really didn't know which way to go.  She got lied to and used by the Gov and tried then to save her friends and ended up dying trying to help them.  Yeah I wish Hersh hadn't died either,  but I like what he told Rick before hand.  I just wish he would have been decapitated all the way instead of half and then come back as a Zombie.   Even as fucked in the head as the Gov was he knew Hersh was a good man.  Guy deserved a quick death not what he got.

I'm putting watching the shows on hold until George RR Martin finishes the goddamn books already.

My suspicion is: Mr. Martin already finished the books ... but they will be on hold and released in sync with the TV-series' for cross-marketing!

If you don't believe it: Watch some Martin-vids and interviews on youtube...not for information on the matter, but to see and hear the old man laugh. He is an evil man, who takes pleasure from the agony the waiting causes to us fans. And evil-version of Santa!!!! Argh!

Alright, yeah, GoT is one of the few shows I actually anticipate and relish to watch. Walking dead as well, but hopefully it catches some momentum again. Sleepy Hollow is fun but here in Germany the time slot made me miss some episodes already. Oh, and Ripper Street from the UK is interesting (it features "Bronn" from GoT, so I just had to watch the series!). And when bored I usually get stuck with Big Bang Theory or reruns of any star trek series...

But I will spare you the hell that are true german TV-Shows. German TV, generally, seems to me the eternal curse we laid upon ourselves as punishment for our little pranks we played on the rest of Europe back in the days (*cough*)

Guest Mogie56

I'm putting watching the shows on hold until George RR Martin finishes the goddamn books already.

well while your waiting for GRR Martin to finish the books (which I believe there are 3 including the one he's working on now) you'll be able to play the Game being released in 2014 by TellTale Games, this one will be based on the TV show and not the books and will be episodic like there other game "The Walking Dead".

Lets see if they do a better job then the last Game Dev did on the first Game of Thrones game.

Dating Tips From Game of Thrones

1. Be willing to try new things for them.

game-of-thrones-heart.gif

Raw hearts might not be your thing, but just think of it as repayment for taking him to that chick flick.

I thought there were supposed to be 2 left. Don't get me wrong, the series is pretty damn good - I saw the first season - but waiting for the second season I picked up the books, and well, the rest is history. Finished the 5th and now it's just a long damn wait for the other 2, and watching the show in the mean time would just rub that in.

how many books are left depends on who you hear it from-    George says the series is going to be 7 total books.  5+2 more.   Parris (his wife now) has said it will be 8, because he won't be able to fit it all in 7.   Now bear in mind, that before Feast of Crows and Dance of Dragons were written, he said that was going to be one book, and she correctly said that he wouldn't be able to fit it in one book, and it would become two, which is exactly what happened.   So I'm going with her answer. LOL

I like Game of Thrones, the TV show, but being a huge fan of the books, and liking them better, I'm not sure if I will spend the extra money to watch them on HBO coming up.  Might just wait for my son to get them on DVD.  Not like I don't know what is going to happen, :)

As for my favorite TV shows, that I currently watch, here they are, in no particular order.

Covert Affairs,  Castle,  Hart of Dixie, Person of Interest, Revolution, Arrow, Elementary, Grimm, Dr. Who, and Orphan Black.  

No spoilers please, as I never watch anything first run, I always DVR it and watch it later!     I'm  only caught up on a few of these.

My all time favorite show of ever, was Firefly/Serenity.  

And whoever mentioned Copper, we loved that show, and hated that it ended so soon.    I realize why they had to end it like they did, but I would have loved to seen at least just a few more seasons!

Guest endgameaddiction

The right choice was to tell Rick from the start she was sleeping with his best friend. The right choice was her never leaving to find her husband. Regadless how long he's been missing. Her job was to protect Carl, just like it was Ricks job to be thee to donate blood to Carl when he was undergoing surgery. I mean we're talking about Lori, the mother who disagrees with Carl "growing up too fast".

The right choice was for her to never of had Judith because she already had gone through surgery with Carol. Thankfully Judith came born healthy.

Rick was more than a man that day when he told her he knew and still forgave her for it. Even put his grudge to the side with Shane about it. That takes a lot. If it was me, goodbye. Then again I don't have kids so I can make those type of rational decisions. :lol:

Archived